• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Three new IMAX posters have been released. Apparently they're giving them away at AMC theatres. I'd love to get my hands on the Vader one.

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

IMG_4888.jpg

And our first proper look at Bail Organa.

curb

Banned
Well, another Star Wars book read. After Ahsoka and then Lost Stars I somehow managed to get myself back into Aftermath. I'd stopped halfway through back when it came out and I got back into it and finished it up this morning. I actually really enjoyed it in the end. I may try out the follow up soon.

Well, another Star Wars book read. After Ahsoka and then Lost Stars I somehow managed to get myself back into Aftermath. I'd stopped halfway through back when it came out and I got back into it and finished it up this morning. I actually really enjoyed it in the end. I may try out the follow up soon.

The second Aftermath is actually way better than the first so you'll enjoy it.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
went to aldi at 7:55 AM but it was worth it :D got my Darth Vader and Kylo
sorr that they're so out of focus...but eh. they're well made but you can only articulate the arms. the legs are not movable.

Vader even has his red lenses. I like them for 7,99€.

Ridisc

Banned
Listening to RFR and its interesting, if a little concerning, what they are discussing about Bodie, apparently he was in reshoots because his character had no development in the story, he was just a cockpit pilot who occasionally said things, going in the actor wasnt told much of anything about who his character was or his personality.

Listening to RFR and its interesting, if a little concerning, what they are discussing about Bodie, apparently he was in reshoots because his character had no development in the story, he was just a cockpit pilot who occasionally said things, going in the actor wasnt told much of anything about who his character was or his personality.

Fits in with idea that the reshoots were always scheduled to develop the characters more.

Did I do good this weekend?
The new TFA Collectors Edition is amazing

Hell yes it is. Great packaging, more deleted scenes and special features, audio commentary on the 2D Blu-ray...it's great. I don't have a 3D TV/projector to enjoy the 3D version, but if I ever get one, it's nice to have the disc. I also have a bunch of 3D Marvel Blu-rays (all of Phase 2 and Civil War), so I'd have quite a bit to watch on it. I like 3D quite a bit.

Here's some pictures of the 3D Collector's Edition.

sphagnum

Banned
How much Vader are you guys expecting in R1? Im guessing 10 'minutes max.

That sounds about right. There's a pastebin of supposed spoilers floating around on 4chan and TFN claiming that he's only in 6 minutes but I'm hesitant to post it since it could easily be a fake.

Seigyoku

That sounds about right. There's a pastebin of supposed spoilers floating around on 4chan and TFN claiming that he's only in 6 minutes but I'm hesitant to post it since it could easily be a fake.

I forget the exact number, but iirc Vader is in like maybe 12 minutes of ANH. So...........

really hope I can get tickets for rogue one first showing. Going to a very popular theater in NorCal, one of the 15 in the country showing it in 70 mm

kevin1025

Banned
I forget the exact number, but iirc Vader is in like maybe 12 minutes of ANH. So...........

Even if he is only in what the trailers show (in terms of walking/speaking scenes), and daintily hits someone with his lightsaber, I'll be satisfied. If he takes on Donnie Yen, then I'll be overjoyed!

So, if you purchase Rogue One tickets through Atom Tickets, you unlock exclusive merchandise to buy.

Atom works for a bunch of different chains in the US. Also, if anyone wants to buy tickets through Atom, I can hook you up with a referral code to get $5 off your ticket (if you're a new user).

Is it the Star Wars News Net code? If not, there's also that one!

Quick

Banned
Is it the Star Wars News Net code? If not, there's also that one!

It's actually my referral code, not gonna lie lol. Can't actually get it to work though.

That being said, I think you still get $5 off if you sign up for Atom. At least that's how it is for me (Canada)

kevin1025

Banned
It's actually my referral code, not gonna lie lol. Can't actually get it to work though.

That being said, I think you still get $5 off if you sign up for Atom. At least that's how it is for me (Canada)

Ah, cool! Well, the Star Wars News Net one is SWNN and gets you $5 off and works for US and Canada, so that might be worth a try instead when tickets go up in 24 hours :)

kevin1025

Banned
Rogue One tickets are in the system at the theatre I go to, times and all. They blocked out 3hrs and 15 minutes for each screening, but I guess with lines and crowds that's reasonable. Now to impatiently wait for them to go on sale :(

Sayers

How much Vader are you guys expecting in R1? Im guessing 10 'minutes max.

I don't mind his appearance being brief, but if it is just a few talking scenes, that's not going to cut it. He needs to kill at least one of the main cast.

You can't bring Vader back to the big screen after 30 years and just give him a couple of talking scenes.

Ridisc

Banned
Putting my cards out there I think we are going to see a CG leia, all this talk of there being some big technical marvel in the movie has me excited.

So, how is that Atom Tickets site for tickets? I'm debating whether to buy my Rogue One tickets there ('cause of that $5 off code mentioned earlier), or use Fandango like usual.

I'm not sure that I ever heard of them before I saw it mentioned here.

Ridisc

Banned
Link to there being a technical marvel? Haven't heard that before.

Was on the latest rebel force radio, the guy who wrote the EW piece was interviewed and was told that there is something in the movie technologically that hasnt been seen before (They were discussing Tarkin potentially appearing) and they went on to discuss potentially leia being cg)

Quick

Banned
So, how is that Atom Tickets site for tickets? I'm debating whether to buy my Rogue One tickets there ('cause of that $5 off code mentioned earlier), or use Fandango like usual.

I'm not sure that I ever heard of them before I saw it mentioned here.

I personally really like it.

On top of tickets, I can buy snacks from it too. At the theatreI use it for, I scan the ticket in, then go to the express line for Atom users at concession, and they've already prepped my snacks. lol

Edit: Concessions aren't available for all theatres.

I personally really like it.

On top of tickets, I can buy snacks from it too. At the theatreI use it for, I scan the ticket in, then go to the express line for Atom users at concession, and they've already prepped my snacks. lol

Edit: Concessions aren't available for all theatres.

Cool. Guess I'll check it out and try that coupon. Thanks!

Oh, yeah...do they charge a convenience fee like Fandango?

I see that concessions are available at my local theaters, which is pretty cool. I don't personally like to eat or drink while watching movies, though, so it'd be okay either way.

Quick

Banned
Cool. Guess I'll check it out and try that coupon. Thanks!

Oh, yeah...do they charge a convenience fee like Fandango?

I see that concessions are available at my local theaters, which is pretty cool. I don't personally like to eat or drink while watching movies, though, so it'd be okay either way.

I don't think they charge any extra fees. At least, not on my end.

It's a pretty legit app. I wish the Cineplex app (Canada) would copy it, or at least make their tickets available to buy from it.

shingi70

Banned
Was on the latest rebel force radio, the guy who wrote the EW piece was interviewed and was told that there is something in the movie technologically that hasnt been seen before (They were discussing Tarkin potentially appearing) and they went on to discuss potentially leia being cg)

Is that a technical marvel, it's been in done in both Ant Man and Civil War.

Top Bottom