• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

sphagnum

Banned
So a Spanish language site read the Jan 2017 Empire magazine article and did a summary. I'll let quote the translation:

Empire Magazine: There will not be a movie called "Rogue Two" + revelations and new images!

We bought the digital edition of the magazine Empire of January 2017 from which a few days ago we showed 7 covers each of the heroes of Rogue One.

Then they will find the translation into Spanish we did all pages sorted magazine point by point as we have been able to obtain, as we have done on other occasions to facilitate reading, plus all the new images which they have not been published by any other means ( the other images can see them here ).

* Clarify immediately that the N o data below will be listed as spoiler following the magazine it is now on sale. If there's something they did not want to read, we're sorry.

Industrial Light & Magic veteran John Knoll has worked on 5 Star Wars movies, Rogue One being his first creation since the idea was born of him.
While working on Revenge of the Sith in 2003, John introduced the idea of ​​creating a television series to George Lucas and Rick McCallum focusing on "Rebel spies who stole the Death Star's plans." Rick rejected the idea. John kept the project on file for 9 years.
When Kathleen Kennedy became the president of Lucasfilm in 2012, and after a new trilogy of films were announced in the saga, John was courageous and presented the project to Katty and she accepted the idea enchanted, finally did not Would become a television series, but "Rogue One" would be brought to the big screen.
At first it was considered that all spin-off, or independent of the saga films were made on a budget and without much production, but while advancing the realization of Rogue One, this was rejected and the film ended with a similar budget to Of Episode VII.
Gareth Edwards aside from being the director, is responsible for making Rogue One look much more real thanks to his way of filming.

The film was filmed in 6 months, working 6 days a week and each actor had to train hard.
Felicity Jones finished with all her bandaged limbs while his family sent him messages such as "are you okay?" And she answered them, " It is just another day of shooting."
Diego Luna points out that in all the scenes "were dirty and wounded." In another scene he lost part of his cornea .

The actors did not have much to imagine, actually the recording sets were real, and the weapons were heavy. Diego mentions that had explosions before them and that "it was all crazy!".
Alan Tudyk that the motion capture suit that used to liven up the droid K-2 SO was not fireproof, and that many parts of his body were burned when ocorrían pyrotechnical explosions.

Chirrut Imwe in the film is the closest thing to a Jedi, but this one can not move objects with the mind.
Rogue One no scene where you use a lightsaber, or its characteristic "hum" is heard.
Gareth Edwards mentions that in this film there is no magic, there are no superpowers, and that the characters in the film are ordinary people (except Vader) that all they want is to do things with their own hands to eradicate the evil of the galaxy.
Bodhi Rook is a character who is constantly saying "This is crazy! What I do here? ". He is an ordinary person who is involved in a historical event.
According to Ben Mendelsohn, Orson Krennic uses brute force to get what he wants, while Darth Vader uses the Force, so Vader does not get along very well with Krennic.
Forest Whitaker mentions that thanks to the way as Gareth records movies "Rogue One has a very intimate and emotional air."

The magazine mentions that Baze Malbus is a cynical character. Will it be an infiltrator of the Empire?
At times Gareth Edwards felt very stressed by the exhausting days of recording, adding that he was holding a heavy camera.
There is an intimate scene where all the Rebel heroes and aliens hold a meeting. For this was created a set in 360 where there could be no film crew to be able to move the camera freely while the actors talked to each other (very similar to the scenes of dialogues of the series Rebels).
Donnie Yen was totally amazed by the level of detail of this film. What surprised him most was the set where they fly through space in the cargo area of ​​the new U-Wing.
Diego Luna was astonished to realize that each of the buttons and levers of the U-Wing ship really served for something; Illuminated and emitted some kind of reaction to the touch, even if they were not even finished filming.
Katty Kennedy felt frustration in Gareth Edwards because he wanted to record many scenes with camera in hand but they should not be done that way because they had planned for a long time that they had to record in another way.
John Knoll says the post - production process has been really difficult because of how Gareth recorded some scenes, because to add the visual and CGI effects, marks are needed in recording set, and move the camera in any direction and leave Which the actors improvised in many scenes, these marks were not recorded, making it difficult to join them with computer generated graphics.

The president of Lucasfilm is clear ... It will not be a movie called "Rogue Two". End to theories and rumors.
John Knoll states that Rogue One was always intended to be a self-contained film, even though it is actually a prequel to A New Hope.
Gareth Edwards makes it clearer for us to understand better; Rogue One if you have a sequel, and as a conspiranoica theory "that sequel will be directed by George Lucas , " he jokes.

https://translate.googleusercontent...genes/&usg=ALkJrhivx3r6y3w4EX8jEi6aS16PPZ_1Fw
A lot of people are going to be unhappy about that spoiler (if you can call it that) if that means what I think it means.

Because I have nothing better to do (HA!) I've embarked on an epic Clone Wars rewatch through Netflix, using the chronological order here:

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

Not only that, when I finish each episode I go to that site and watch the making of video of each episode, check out the art, trivia, etc.

Does anyone who owns the DVDs/BRs know if there's much more in terms of behind the scenes on them?

Sayers

Does anyone who owns the DVDs/BRs know if there's much more in terms of behind the scenes on them?

I looked at a couple of videos on that site and they are different from the ones on the Blu-Ray set I own.

Which now means I have to go watch all of those videos too.

Thanks for the Atom tickets. Fandango crapped out on me.

Same here. I was starting to get nervous. Then I checked Atom Tickets and got some good reserved seats. Can't wait to watch it!

The big IMAX sold out, so I got some Regal RPX 3D tickets instead, at a closer theater.

Edit: Does Atom Tickets normally take a while to email your receipt?

Anyway, Fandango finally loaded, and I decided to check what would happen if I tried getting tickets there...
xNVt1cu.png

Rootbeer

Banned
Not one time in my life have I had trouble getting a movie ticket online. Until today.

While fandango and other ticket sites burned I could not get a ticket at my local IMAX for opening night. I had to settle for a lesser screen :(

Still glad I can see it Thursday at 7PM but not the way I was hoping...

kevin1025

Banned
got my tickets.

if it's great, I'll pull a Force Awakens and watch it again on the friday and saturday :p

I saw Force Awakens Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, haha. I was numb to it the fourth time, I will admit. But still had a great time.

...but I'll never buy daily tickets ahead of time again!

I saw Force Awakens Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, haha. I was numb to it the fourth time, I will admit. But still had a great time.

...but I'll never buy daily tickets ahead of time again!

I saw it Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. :p I almost saw it Saturday too, but my friend couldn't make it.

I couldn't stay up, so, passed on even trying for Alamo Ashburn tickets. They still had some for the very later shows on Thursday as of this morning, but, too late for me.

Going to another local theater w/ the big recliner seats and they had openings for 8pm on Thursday. That'll work.

I think they ended up putting up more shows for VII last year, but, didn't want to wait. I'll surely end up at Alamo that Sunday w/ my wife and kids anyway.

ruxtpin

Banned
Got one ticket for myself on Friday afternoon. Girlfriend doesn't care for Star Wars, but maybe kids will still be in school at that time.

Yeah, just saw it. I remember a rumor from a long time ago about Lucasfilm going back into archives of Peter Cushing movies to recreate him digitally using a mix of CGI and lifted footage. I wonder if Tarkin really is in the movie.

Yeah, I always had a feeling that one would be true. Breznican's basically confirmed it. I thought they'd try to squeeze him in even if it's only for a small scene.

Jon Knoll hinted at it as well:

John Knoll, the executive producer of Rogue One and visual effects supervisor for Rogue One, hinted at something revolutionary in a recent interview with EW.

Asked what Holy Grail the visual effects designers were chasing with this film, which never-before-seen bit of technology they innovated, Knoll said: “I have to tread lightly there because some of the fun bits of innovation are stuff that I’ve been asked not to talk about yet. You know, we want to hold that back.”

sphagnum

Banned
The finalizer is the only new Star Destroyer we see in TFA?
They all have now the flat commando bridge?

As far as I know it's just a typical Resurgent-class Star Destroyer, so all RSD's should be like that. Aren't there actually a few in one of the SKB shots but in the distance?

kevin1025

Banned
I saw it Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. :p I almost saw it Saturday too, but my friend couldn't make it.

Haha, I'd say it was mostly overwhelming to see the movie four days in a row. My days essentially revolved around it. But yeah, the fourth time I felt a little loopy and punchdrunk from it all, especially since all four times were IMAX 3D. But then I saw it a couple of weeks later and all was good :D

Comixology have got a Star Wars collection sale on. Some good deals if you're looking to get into the recent Marvel comics. The movie adaptations are on sale as well.

Yep, I picked up Lando and the 3 OT books. They run this 75% off sale a few times a year around SW events, so, figured they might today.

Did they not do a Revenge of the Sith book? Or not put in in compilation form?

My own edit: Looks like a hardcover version comes out tomorrow, so, I guess the electronic version doesn't exist yet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302901060/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I normally don't give these things a lot of weight, but it is Anthony Breznican saying it, so...

I have heard rumors that the one reason they haven’t moved sooner on Obi-Wan is that they’re not done with Obi-Wan quite yet in the Saga films. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see an Obi-Wan thing happen beyond Episode IX.

While he does admit that he doesn’t know the whole picture and is simply assembling the bits and pieces of information he has acquired from different sources, Breznican believes that Rey has some kind of connection to the old Jedi master:

…I think that they’ll probably be some reference to Obi-Wan in the Saga films, and his connection to whatever characters he happens to have a connection with. I’ve already written that I think that Rey has some kind of connection to him – family connection. So if that’s the case, maybe we see a part of that play out in the future Obi-Wan movie. Ewan McGregor would be the perfect age to reprise that [character]…

http://www.slashfilm.com/obi-wan-kenobi-spin-off-movie/

RyanW

KRrnpbL.jpg

Think that empty chair is going to have been Krennic's?

Another theory related to Pablo's tweet is that the commander being referred to is the commander who leads the fleet over Scarif, which is why he is telling everyone to not underestimate the Rebels after witnessing what they are capable of.

sphagnum

Banned
Another theory related to Pablo's tweet is that the commander being referred to is the commander who leads the fleet over Scarif, which is why he is telling everyone to not underestimate the Rebels after witnessing what they are capable of.

It would be pretty cool if Tagge is in the movie, but I've always found it weird that Tagge's rank is General when Motti speaks down to him as "commander". And why would a general be in charge of a fleet rather than an admiral, which is what Motti is?

It would be pretty cool if Tagge is in the movie, but I've always found it weird that Tagge's rank is General when Motti speaks down to him as "commander". And why would a general be in charge of a fleet rather than an admiral, which is what Motti is?

It probably falls under the same rank structure that while Cody was a Commander, he outranked Captain Rex.

antonz

lmperial Ranks have always been a bit off since there are so many branches and the jumping between branches etc.
Yularen from New Hope and Clone Wars series is a good example. Navy Admiral who then became a Colonel in Imperial Security Bureau. Admiral to Colonel would typically be a demotion but not in the Empire. Would be interesting to see the whole table present but Tarkin alone would be pretty impressive because the scans Lucafilms is said to have done of the various people go well beyond what's been done so far with actors.

lmperial Ranks have always been a bit off since there are so many branches and the jumping between branches etc.
Yularen from New Hope and Clone Wars series is a good example. Navy Admiral who then became a Colonel in Imperial Security Bureau. Admiral to Colonel would typically be a demotion but not in the Empire. Would be interesting to see the whole table present but Tarkin alone would be pretty impressive because the scans Lucafilms is said to have done of the various people go well beyond what's been done so far with actors.

They might do what they did in Revenge of the Sith. He was seen on the bridge talking to Palpatine.
EDIT: Do we know all of the names and ranks of the people at the table?

sphagnum

Banned
They might do what they did in Revenge of the Sith. He was seen on the bridge talking to Palpatine.

Canonically, we only know Darth Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, Colonel Yularen, General Tagge, General Bast, and Admiral Motti. Wookieepedia has a list from Legends here though which of course has overly detailed articles for everyone.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Star_conference_room

antonz

For Episode 3 they had an actor in Prosthetics. The talk around Takin's revival this time around is a life scan of Peter Cushing himself using prior footage. The Difficulty of Peter Cushing is that he is never seen full bodied in Star Wars so that always posed an issue. They did not have the proper boot size for him so he often was walking around in slippers etc. so filming was restricted on him

As for the Conference Room Its basically Senior Command Officials. Its messy in the movie. The "Commander and his vulnerable Starfleet" that is addressed is actually the Head of the Imperial Army as officially indicated in Canon.

Top Bottom