• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Another poster:

rogue_one_a_star_wars_story_ver35.jpg

Surfinn

Looks like Stormtroopers are still useless. :p

Fun clip (loved the end), can't hear the score.. dying to though.

R1's posters have been incredible.. some nice work there.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Score sounds super Star Warsy

This is probably one of the more adventurous action scenes in the movie, so it called for more bombast in the score. I'm sure there will be plenty of dour moments elsewhere in the film with suitably dour backing tracks.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Score sounds super Star Warsy

This is probably one of the more adventurous action scenes in the movie, so it called for more bombast in the score. I'm sure there will be plenty of dour moments elsewhere in the film with suitably dour backing tracks.

I don't think tone was the right word I used in my previous post. I think it's that the aesthetic of the movie doesn't necessarily line-up with what I'm hearing for some reason.

Ridisc

Banned
Lots of marvel like jump cuts in that scene, slightly worrying, the marvel action scenes are ruined by constant cut cut cut cut cut impact cut cut impact cut cut

Not in my wars ;_;

Lots of marvel like jump cuts in that scene, slightly worrying, the marvel action scenes are ruined by constant cut cut cut cut cut impact cut cut impact cut cut

Not in my wars ;_;
Seems like they edited the clip for the audience. Note Jinns bloody nose.

Surfinn

Not in my wars ;_;

Yeah I noticed this too. Not sure how I feel about her running up on like 5-7 troopers and clubbing them all unconscious/making it look easy with choppy editing. Hopefully it's different in the film. You run up on 5+ Stormtroopers in close quarters, you're getting shot, unless you're using the force.

This is approaching super hero level stuff for me. I hope she's a lot more sneaky and cautious.

Ridisc

Banned
Yeah I noticed this too. Not sure how I feel about her running up on like 5-7 troopers and clubbing them all unconscious/making it look easy with choppy editing. Hopefully it's different in the film.

This is approaching super hero level stuff for me. I hope she's a lot more sneaky and cautious.

One thing i quite admired about ep7 was the older school feel to the fights, I think they hit the right mix, i hope that continues with 8.

Surfinn

One thing i quite admired about ep7 was the older school feel to the fights, I think they hit the right mix, i hope that continues with 8.

Yup, same. And when Rey (who actually uses the force) was fighting against the FO, she was able to take out two from a long distance before having to run/retreat (a nicely placed balance). In the above clip, she just pretty much takes on a small army of troopers with basically no resistance.

At some point you have to heighten the threat of the troopers and at least respect their skill set.

Finally got round to watching that Fallon clip. K2's reaction is priceless. Can't really judge Giacchino's music in that short a scene, but as someone said earlier it's definitely Star Warsy.

I'm sure someone brought this up. We know the movie is set shortly before Episode IV. In one of the trailers, Jyn says she hasn't seen her father in 17 years. The trailers also show Jyn as a child watching Orson Krennic arriving and taking her father. Long story short, does the beginning of the movie take place during the waning days of the Clone Wars? I mean, it has to, right? The Death Star was shown being constructed at the end of Episode III. That could be interesting, if the Clone Wars is still going on elsewhere.

I'm sure someone brought this up. We know the movie is set shortly before Episode IV. In one of the trailers, Jyn says she hasn't seen her father in 17 years. The trailers also show Jyn as a child watching Orson Krennic arriving and taking her father. Long story short, does the beginning of the movie take place during the waning days of the Clone Wars? I mean, it has to, right? The Death Star was shown being constructed at the end of Episode III. That could be interesting, if the Clone Wars is still going on elsewhere.

Part of it might, but the prequel book Catalyst actually does take place during the Clone Wars and through Order 66.

sphagnum

Banned

You've got things a little mixed up. Mothma says that Jyn has been on her own since the age of 15. When Galen is taken away, she's clearly younger that that, so she was probably with Lyra or
with Saw
until she was 15. Galen is captured a few years after the war ends, as the family flees at the end of Catalyst which ends in 17 BC, two years after RotS.

Got round to reading the final issue of Han's mini-series. There was a few weird bits -
especially the giant jellyfish
- but I've enjoyed it. Having five issues based around a race sounded interesting and it actually worked better than I expected.

Top Bottom