• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

When the Empire discovered Gareth stole the plans from the set...

15275600_1841774869386100_690558323753222144_n.jpg

Quick

Banned
Rogue One OT is going up on Friday or by the weekend. I'm pretty much done.

Gonna ask for titles again, just because I'm indecisive.

At worst: Rogue One |OT| A Star Wars Story and Rogue One |Spoiler Thread| Darth Vader is in this

Gimme your best.

sphagnum

Banned
Rogue One |OT| The Bothans Stole the Death Star II Plans
Rogue One |Spoilers| No Bothans Were Harmed In The Making Of This Film

At worst: Rogue One |OT| A Star Wars Story and Rogue One |Spoiler Thread| Darth Vader is in this

Gimme your best.

Good enough for me.

Getting to the end of Catalyst now. Krennic's so manipulative you have to love him. Hopefully he feels like the same character in the film.

I'd put it in my top four of the mainline books. Probably behind Bloodline and Life Debt but a comfortable 3rd.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story |OT| Don't miss the crawl
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story |OT| Where's Rey?

Rogue One |OT| Save The Rebellion, Save The Dream

I like this one as well. Seems relevant. I think I preferred the original take they used in the trailer though.

Unit 33

Getting to the end of Catalyst now. Krennic's so manipulative you have to love him. Hopefully he feels like the same character in the film.

I'd put it in my top four of the mainline books. Probably behind Bloodline and Life Debt but a comfortable 3rd.
I reaaaaly liked Catalyst. I recall some reviews said it was 'boring', but it kept my interest all thw way through. Good characterisation, and skmw great exploration of the practicalities of builig the Death Star

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

Gimme your best.
Rogue One |OT| Make America Hope Again
Rogue One |OT| Revenge of the Prequels

Rogue One |Spoiler thread| Spoiler: They rebel.
Rogue One |Spoiler thread| Spoiler: They succeed.

IGN really liked the little bit they saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk6y5wj8gvY

This video is the first time I've heard officially there is no crawl. I remember when I suggested a long time ago that these movies would forgo the crawl, people thought that was a crazy assumption. He also said the Rogue One logo in the movie looks differently from the one seen on posters and in trailers. I wonder if the logo is very minimalist in the movie.

IGN really liked the little bit they saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk6y5wj8gvY

This video is the first time I've heard officially there is no crawl. I remember when I suggested a long time ago that these movies would forgo the crawl, people thought that was a crazy assumption. He also said the Rogue One logo in the movie looks differently from the one seen on posters and in trailers. I wonder if the logo is very minimalist in the movie.

Yeah, Kathy Kennedy confirmed it a while ago. It has the 'A long time ago...' text but then goes straight into the opening scene.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

Based on the opening descriptions, I'm expecting something akin to Oblivion.

kevin1025

Banned
It just hit me. Nine more days!

And also, the score will likely have the Imperial March, almost certainly. I'm getting giddy now.

Ridisc

Banned
Jim from IGN liking it is pretty huge for me, ive listened to him for 4 years now on IGN and we share similar tastes and he had exactly the same issues with the trailers I had.

Sayers

I'm starting to have a theory about the pose he has in that shot... I'll keep it to myself, though, haha. Don't want to potentially spoil something by accident (as I possibly did in The Mummy trailer thread).

You think he
just Force-choked somebody
?

EDIT: That would be cool if they threw in a little background comm chatter calling out to "Specter 2" or something.

kevin1025

Banned
You think he
just Force-choked somebody
?

EDIT: That would be cool if they threw in a little background comm chatter calling out to "Specter 2" or something.

I think he was in that bacta tank we've seen, and he is not used to his powers as much as he used to be. It looks like the same scene, at least with the fog and color tone, that he appears from the fog walking towards Krennic. I'm likely insanely wrong, but I think it's where Jyn shows up in her Imperial get-up from the first trailer.

I think he was in that bacta tank we've seen, and he is not used to his powers as much as he used to be. It looks like the same scene, at least with the fog and color tone, that he appears from the fog walking towards Krennic. I'm likely insanely wrong, but I think it's where Jyn shows up in her Imperial get-up from the first trailer.

If it's just speculation, you don't really need to spoiler tag it. That said, your first theory's already been proven. We discussed it a bit at the end of the previous page.

Metalmarc

Rogue One |OT| Light it Up (in reference to the latest trailer)
Rogue One |OT| Not a Skywalker Saga
Rogue One |OT| War, What is it Good For?
Rogue One |OT| Band of Space Brothers
Rogue One |OT| Jyn & Tonic
Rogue One |OT| Space Monkey
Rogue One |OT| A New Hope For Star Wars Stories
Rogue One |OT| Vader's in this
Rogue One |OT| Putting The Wars in the Stars
Rogue One |OT| Bigger than Godzilla
Rogue One |OT| Rogue Won, A Star Wars Story

Hmmm i'm not good at these

sphagnum

Banned
If that really is the Ghost, they need to have Hera speaking over the comms during the battle.

Also I'm still pulling for that one blonde female pilot to be Evaan.

sphagnum

Banned
that is most definitely the ghost and i'm elated

the Phantom is missing though, but right next to it is Commander Sato's Hammerhead corvette

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzBYuEhUQAErrHv.jpg

The Phantom was destroyed earlier this season, though they got a replacement in the form of a separatist shuttle.

Drat!

Top Bottom