• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

iosefe

The Phantom was destroyed earlier this season, though they got a replacement in the form of a separatist shuttle.

Drat!

still technically called the phantom, was too lazy to put Phantom 2 casue that sounds cheesy

even though i said Phantom II in the Rebels thread.

anyway, hype!

Ezalc

Would be weird if ezra and kanan were on board tho. I dont think they are.

This makes me wonder, if Rebels is what 3 years before ANH now? Somebody would have said something about jedi in the rebellion. Also, guessing they either die or go sith when this is all over.

Toa TAK

Banned
First issue of Aphra is out today. I liked it! Seems like it should be a lot of fun.

Is it? I've been pretty indifferent towards Aphra, but I'll give it a shot.

Might as well since this is what Gillen is doing with his time instead of more DARTH VADER.

sphagnum

Banned
Looks like we finally have some details on the next kids' book series, Join the Resistance:

Join the Resistance
Writers: Ben Acker and Ben Blacker
Cover and Interior Art: Annie Wu
Release date: March 7, 2017

Described as Star Wars meets The Goonies, Join the Resistance kicks off an all-new action-packed adventure series. The story follows new Resistance recruits who think they’re ready to take on the First Order, but things don’t work out exactly as they’d planned.
“A long time ago, thanks to events in a galaxy far, far away, we thrilled to the possibilities of storytelling: epic adventure, clever, determined heroes, captivating, terrifying villains, chases, fights, banter, romance,” said Acker and Blacker, creators of the Thrilling Adventure Hour podcast. “We retold these stories and created new ones with our Star Wars toys when we were kids. It’s enormously exciting for us to get to invent and play with Star Wars toys of our own now. We hope the action-packed adventures of our fun characters captivate the audience way we were so captivated forty years ago, thirty years ago, and one year ago.”

GYcUIET.jpg

We're also getting the Adventures in Wild Space books in January (finally) and a prequel trilogy graphic novel similar to the OT one that released earlier this year.

http://www.starwars.com/news/saga-spanning-all-ages-star-wars-books-exclusive-preview

So something I just wondered, very late of course and was most likely answered.

The Death Troopers are supposed to be some elite group of Storm Troopers. I guess the entire branch gets wiped out in this movie, because we never saw them in 4,5,6? Or is it that they are nowhere near the action in 4,5,6? I know Death Troopers would stick out like a sore thumb on Hoth. Also watching this make me wonder why the Scarif Troopers wouldn't be used on a place like Endor. They would camouflage a bit better than regular Storm Troopers.

sphagnum

Banned
So something I just wondered, very late of course and was most likely answered.

The Death Troopers are supposed to be some elite group of Storm Troopers. I guess the entire branch gets wiped out in this movie, because we never saw them in 4,5,6? Or is it that they are nowhere near the action in 4,5,6? I know Death Troopers would stick out like a sore thumb on Hoth. Also watching this make me wonder why the Scarif Troopers wouldn't be used on a place like Endor. They would camouflage a bit better than regular Storm Troopers.

They specifically work for the Advanced Weapons Research division so they would just never need to show up again in the OT.

Ridisc

Banned
Starting to get really excited, expectations checked, just fancy another star wars movie, the fact that this one apparently has a tonne of aliens in it is awesome aswell.

Seigyoku

I don't watch the Star Wars show, or at least very rarely, but is that Rey's theme they use?

Yeah it's a version of it.

I keep being amused seeing Adventures in Wild Space as being new books, given my having already read all that are out in the UK. Really hoping the US versions correct the issue with [REDACTED]'s age, as it's causing people to place it incorrectly in the timeline.

I want that Jyn Erso jacket. I want it so much. It's like $450 and I WANT IT. Urk.

Don't know, but I'm currently enjoying the mental image of Kathleen Kennedy standing over Giacchino with a rolled-up newspaper (not the director because Gareth strikes me as the kind of person who'd be just fine with it) smacking him whenever he tries to go all punny with his piece titles.

Or they may simply still be bad puns internally but got renamed for the actual release because licensing went "NAW SON"

sphagnum

Banned
I'm betting it's real. Star Dust was Galen's nickname for Jyn in Catalyst if I'm remembering right, and we know that Chirrut's light bow was created by the Guardians of the Whills.

Yeah, they look legit. I thought the tracks would leak before the end of the week. Surprised they took this long.

Looking forward to hearing Jyn's theme. Giacchino sounded pretty excited about it.

Top Bottom