• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

kevin1025

Banned
The theatre around the corner (where I'm seeing it) will have Rogue One on NINE screens out of 24. I think they expect a hit, haha. That includes IMAX, five 2D screens and three 3D screens. It's basically a showtime every 20 minutes.

kevin1025

Banned
Canada knows where it's at: our Prime Minister with a familiar droid. He brought some of the children from the children's hospital to see Rogue One last night here in Ottawa.

CzpR5jZXEAE7ftt.jpg

7:15pm EST tomorrow in Virginia, USA.

Couldn't get into the 7pm Alamo Drafthouse showing, so, doing a mall theater. At least it has comfy reserved seats. Alamo on Sunday morning w/ my family.

On that note, watching IV for the millionth time (Despecialized) due to folks saying to watch it before Rogue One and never noticed Vader putting his hands on his hips in the opening scene like "Oh jeez, this is a mess....."

Vader is like "Someone should clean this mess up..."

sphagnum

Banned
Poe Dameron #9 kind of got lost in the Rogue One hype, but it was pretty good. Especially liked how
3PO is the one who accidentally informs the Guavians and the Kanjiklub about Han

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You don't.

I'm venturing in the review thread anymore. I'm seeing it tonight and I've gone this far damn it. I shall not be spoiled.

I was earlier in the German Community Thread, where I was like, yeah, I would happy as fuck when this would happen, just to get a plain yeah, this is actually going to happen response...

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Soundtrack is out in my Saturn in Germany
Heidelberg

7:15pm EST tomorrow in Virginia, USA.

Couldn't get into the 7pm Alamo Drafthouse showing, so, doing a mall theater. At least it has comfy reserved seats. Alamo on Sunday morning w/ my family.

On that note, watching IV for the millionth time (Despecialized) due to folks saying to watch it before Rogue One and never noticed Vader putting his hands on his hips in the opening scene like "Oh jeez, this is a mess....."

you should try to get your hands on the SSE of Ep IV! And yes I always liked that scene :D

kevin1025

Banned
Why do I still trust people in the internet to use the fucking spoilertag correctly?

Once I saw someone mention the third act I bailed out. I've gotten through the week knowing absolutely nothing! But it has been strange since I've avoided Youtube and Twitter for the most part.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I haven't, but that Star Destroyer set looks dope though.

I want that Darth Vader ship drone, but basically 250 bones is a lot to spend.

Going Saturday vs opening night. Wife told the boy child he could invite some friends and go with me so we got reserved seats for Sat at launch. They get out for Xmas break on Friday so waited for the weekend vs trying to go tonight like my son and I did for EP VII.

Been revisiting that Biggie/Star Wars mashup album all morning!

I loved it. I need to see it a few more times to be sure but I think I even preferred it to TFA. The final act is such a blast but I really enjoyed the buildup as well.

golem

Just watched Force Awakens 3D on Blu Ray, man that is a solid post-convert. Sucks that most people's exposure to 3d is in the theaters because it looked really excellent at home.

Just watched Force Awakens 3D on Blu Ray, man that is a solid post-convert. Sucks that most people's exposure to 3d is in the theaters because it looked really excellent at home.

I'm so tempted to buy it. I have the first BRD already, but my 3D setup at home works great.

Hagi

Can we have a Chirrut led novel please? like right now? I need more of this character, he was fantastic. Major props to Donnie Yen.

4 hours and 10 minutes left. Getting ready now. I should really get around to buying another Star Wars shirt. I've only ever had this one Phantom Menace shirt from 1999...
Considering how much my family and I have spent on Star Wars stuff over the decades, you'd think I'd have more...but I don't.

Meowster

That Throne Room scene and music always sends chills down my spine. What a perfect ending.
The ambiguity of Empire Strikes Back and that final shot of them looking out at space is slightly better though.

I saw Rogue One a couple of days ago and it was great. Disappointed on how many of the cool shots from the trailer didn't make it in though. :(

In non-Rogue One news, Poe Dameron #9 came out yesterday; my favorite bit was easily
3PO unknowingly ratting on Han to the Guavian Death Gang and Kanjiklub, and the ensuing background reaction.
Incredibly fitting for the character.

Top Bottom