• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

I already preordered it.

Do you guys still buy physical books or have you gone digital? I still buy physical graphic novels, but for actual novels, I've gone completely digital. No worries about storage! I'm in the process of moving my normal comic-reading to digital platforms as well. It's just much more convenient all-around.

JTripper

Do you guys still buy physical books or have you gone digital? I still buy physical graphic novels, but for actual novels, I've gone completely digital. No worries about storage! I'm in the process of moving my normal comic-reading to digital platforms as well. It's just much more convenient all-around.

Always physical for me. I don't really have anything against digital personally whether it's comics or novels. I just don't have a convenient device for reading anything digitally and I've just grown too accustomed to holding a physical book in my hands while I read.

Always physical for me. I don't really have anything against digital personally whether it's comics or novels. I just don't have a convenient device for reading anything digitally and I've just grown too accustomed to holding a physical book in my hands while I read.

One thing I really like is that the kindle/nook apps are also on my phone, so I can read wherever without having to lug the book around.

ghostmind

I've gone digital for novels, but I still buy lots of physical books as well.

I just preordered the new Topps Star Wars book, which reprints all of the trading card series from 1977/78. The last book they made, for the Mars Attacks cards, was excellent.

I should go digital, but I have a ton of physical books so I just tell myself "eh, what's one more..."

Rootbeer

Banned

I just preordered the new Topps Star Wars book, which reprints all of the trading card series from 1977/78. The last book they made, for the Mars Attacks cards, was excellent.

I ordered it too! It's super cheap on amazon right now. Hope I like it, might pick up the other volumes if so.

That sounds like a great book.

I tend to only buy coffee table type books but I would love to get back into reading novels. Maybe I should go digital too. My favourite book atm is one my parents bought me a few years back. Star Wars: The Ultimate Action Figure Collection.

Rootbeer

Banned
About figures. I'd kill for a Sabine figure.

Also, is there any non-shitty replica of Ezra's Lightsaber?

The $35 one is the best. But the saber blade sticks out the top even when it's fully compacted. I don't like that, but I do like the overall look of the piece.

We have heard that Hasbro is going to produce their high-end lightsabers again, the Signature Series Force FX sabers, with some of the first news ones hitting this year.

I can see them doing an Ezra one down the road, because of how unique it looks.

Fj0823

Yes, they have announced that a 6" Black series figure of Sabine is in the works.

wee-bey-oh-shit.gif

Rootbeer

Banned
Isn't there a Black Series Sabine coming?

Yes, they have announced that a 6" Black series figure of Sabine is in the works.

It's so exciting :) Black Series 6" Ahsoka, Kanan and Sabine already coming. Zeb, Ezra and Chopper hopefully soon to follow.

While packaging Chopper on his own is irritating, If you look at how hard 6" R2 is to get as well as 3.75 Chopper at reasonable prices, he'll be a good buy due to his rarity. R2 easily goes for over $50 now.

curb

Banned
It's so exciting :) Black Series 6" Ahsoka, Kanan and Sabine already coming. Zeb, Ezra and Chopper hopefully soon to follow.

As a huge Clone Wars fan, I'm very excited about the Black Series Ahsoka. I think there's a Rebels figure too plus there's a Disney Infinity figure next month. I'm a pretty happy fan right now.

As a huge Clone Wars fan, I'm very excited about the Black Series Ahsoka. I think there's a Rebels figure too plus there's a Disney Infinity figure next month. I'm a pretty happy fan right now.

I've always been more of a statue guy than a collector of figures with joints. I'd love to see adult Ahsoka get a nice Sideshow piece or something.

curb

Banned
I've always been more of a statue guy than a collector of figures with joints. I'd love to see adult Ahsoka get a nice Sideshow piece or something.

No thanks. That sounds expensive and it would be the kind of thing I wouldn't have the willpower to resist.

Fj0823

Ill copy my GF's "Attack of the Clones" Impressions in here, she's watching the series for the first time as she found Episode 1 while changing channels with me, she quite liked Menace.

Shockingly she liked clones even more, I loved her being all excited about sith making (horribly wrong) theories about what will happen.

She knows about Luke and the episode 5 reveal as she's heard references from friends, but she seems genuinely intrigued by Anakin's downfall.

She said Anakin's stalkery antics are "exactly like a dumb kid in love for the first time", and actually cheered when he kissed padme. She's sure Padme is going to be a single mother raising Luke ):

I suggested CGI clone wars but she was put off by the number of episodes. She's not that big of a fan yet, so well watch clone wars 2003 to fill the movie gap. Then Ill explain how canon works if she seems interested enough.

Gotta say, watching the movie with her being all excited and interested in something I like so much made me enjoy the movie a billion times more. (Still the worst ever though xD)

Finished Dark Disciple last night.

Dark Disciple mucho el spoilers
THEY KILLED ASAJJ VENTRESS!?!? WUT? FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
. Other than that, it was a very well-written book which I enjoyed more than most other SW novels I've read, which are quite a few in number. Even those wretched LotF books.

Gravidee

Ill copy my GF's "Attack of the Clones" Impressions in here, she's watching the series for the first time as she found Episode 1 while changing channels with me, she quite liked Menace.

Shockingly she liked clones even more, I loved her being all excited about sith making (horribly wrong) theories about what will happen.

She knows about Luke and the episode 5 reveal as she's heard references from friends, but she seems genuinely intrigued by Anakin's downfall.

She said Anakin's stalkery antics are "exactly like a dumb kid in love for the first time", and actually cheered when he kissed padme. She's sure Padme is going to be a single mother raising Luke ):

I suggested CGI clone wars but she was put off by the number of episodes. She's not that big of a fan yet, so well watch clone wars 2003 to fill the movie gap. Then Ill explain how canon works if she seems interested enough.

Gotta say, watching the movie with her being all excited and interested in something I like so much made me enjoy the movie a billion times more. (Still the worst ever though xD)

TCW is pretty long, but I think going through with it before ROTS is a good payoff. You get to see Anakin's gradual fall, the shift in technology as the war progresses, the clone characters, not to mention stuff with order 66 and Force immortality.

You don't necessarily need to show every single episode. Stuff like R2 getting kidnapped or the D-Squad stuff can easily be skipped.

Sayers

Just wait until she gets to "I don't know man, she lost the will to live or something . . ."

Fj0823

Just wait until she gets to "I don't know man, she lost the will to live or something . . ."

"Honey I swear it made much more sense in the novels!....kinda", Nah knowing her she´ll find it romantic, I mean she likes The Notebook.

Still Sith is by far the best prequel IMO. So I´m sure she´ll like it.

I´m a bit worried about the OT, since she's not a fan of "Older Movies", she never wanted to watch "Alien" with me because it looked old.
I hope the ending of Sith hypes her enough to give the better movies a chance.

Gravidee

I´m a bit worried about the OT, since she's not a fan of "Older Movies", she never wanted to watch "Alien" with me because it looked old.

How does she define old? The blu-ray for Alien makes it look like it was shot yesterday.

Fj0823

How does she define old? The blu-ray for Alien makes it look like it was shot yesterday.

Like old looking, the OT Blu Rays might do the trick as they look better and have the new effects. Only thing I mind is the "NO!"

Is the Alien BD that good?

Gravidee

Like old looking, the OT Blu Rays might do the trick as they look better and have the new effects. Only thing I mind is the "NO!"

Is the Alien BD that good?

The movie was remastered in 4k before being converted to 1080p so yes, it looks really nice. Here's a link to some screenshots:

http://blushots.weebly.com/alien.html

I wish that Star Wars 4-6 could have gotten the same treatment, but they just reused the same 2k transfers they did for the DVD releases.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Been watching The Clone Wars straight through on Netflix. Last night my wife & I watched The Lawless (Season 5 Episode 16), the conclusion of the Mandalorian arc.

Holy crap. OMG. I think the Mandalorian arc may be my favorite Star Wars story. Just incredible from start to finish. Tied so many threads together so neatly.
And then The Emperor just strolls in and flicks Oppress and Maul aside like fleas. Holy shit.
I think I need to watch that episode again.

curb

Banned
Been watching The Clone Wars straight through on Netflix. Last night my wife & I watched The Lawless (Season 5 Episode 16), the conclusion of the Mandalorian arc.

Holy crap. OMG. I think the Mandalorian arc may be my favorite Star Wars story. Just incredible from start to finish. Tied so many threads together so neatly.
And then The Emperor just strolls in and flicks Oppress and Maul aside like fleas. Holy shit.

It's really great. Satine
reaffirming her love for Kenobi before she dies
is such an emotional gut-punch of a moment.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
It's really great. Satine
reaffirming her love for Kenobi before she dies
is such an emotional gut-punch of a moment.

I think I audibly gasped when Maul killed her. I know my wife & I looked at each other and said "well, damn."

curb

Banned
I think I audibly gasped when Maul killed her. I know my wife & I looked at each other and said "well, damn."

Season five as a whole is pretty great - well, if you don't count the tiny general arc. Lots of great emotional moments, especially the last arc.

Sayers

Oh, just you wait for the last 4 episodes

Yeah, the Yoda arc that closes out the series (outside of the exta 8 story reel episodes on StarWars.com if you count those) is amazing.

I actually meant the last 4 episodes of Season 5 but the Yoda arc is great too.

sphagnum

Banned
So Star Wars #7 was out today. I liked it, but I refuse to believe that this story took place in 5 BBY. There's no way Luke looks like a 14 year old. He doesn't look any older than Anakin did in TPM. Also, Obi-Wan still had brown hair five years prior to ANH?

It makes much more sense for this story to take place around 10 or 9 BBY. That would also make it line up properly with The Story Before The Force Awakens, where Obi-Wan saves 13-year old Luke from a krayt dragon with his lightsaber, since in the beginning of this issue he says that he hasn't used his lightsaber in years.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Digital. Marvel App for the comics, and I've had Kindles for novels since the first one came out back in the day. I rarely re-read so physical books are just space wasters.

So Star Wars #7 was out today. I liked it, but I refuse to believe that this story took place in 5 BBY. There's no way Luke looks like a 14 year old. He doesn't look any older than Anakin did in TPM. Also, Obi-Wan still had brown hair five years prior to ANH?

It makes much more sense for this story to take place around 10 or 9 BBY. That would also make it line up properly with The Story Before The Force Awakens, where Obi-Wan saves 13-year old Luke from a krayt dragon with his lightsaber, since in the beginning of this issue he says that he hasn't used his lightsaber in years.

Yeah, the age seems off.

I did really like the issue otherwise though. Much more interesting than the other comics so far. The time between ANH and ESB just isn't all that interesting a period compared to the big gaps beween ROTS and ANH or ROTJ and the new movies.

The timeline does seem a bit off but it was a really good issue. Bianchi's art made a nice change and it was an interesting look at Obi-Wan's new life.

Top Bottom