• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Sayers

Well, you're also comparing a few 2-hour films with limited amounts of time to dedicate to Anakin against a TV series that went on for five seasons. Way more time in the latter to show Anakin's fall.

It's one of the main reasons I think the prequel trilogy would have benefitted from three films with an adult Anakin instead of two.

But as Freeza said they had much more time to show hints of Anakin's downfall in the Clone Wars.

Lots of films manage to pack in plenty of character development in their run times. ROTS is just a massive hissy fit.

Fj0823

Lots of films manage to pack in plenty of character development in their run times. ROTS is just a massive hissy fit.

Anakin throws hissy fits on The Clone Wars constantly.

At the top of my head I remember him being angry at Padme for dating other dudes before they met again in Episode II

Question that I wondered about today, did Yoda immediately know who Luke was when he met him on Dagobah? Or did he clue in after Luke asked about seeking after a 'Jedi Master?'

Fj0823

591px-ForceStormEclipse2.jpg

I...Wow....I can't...I´m sorry. I've found my limit.

Fj0823

Man, that ending to Season 5 of Clone Wars.

Fuck the Jedi Council.

Aside from a couple episodes, I like to consider this the Series Finale

Also Holy Shit you finished 5 seasons in what? 4 days? It took me 2 months with all the stuff I had to do xD

Sayers

Aside from a couple episodes, I like to consider this the Series Finale

Also Holy Shit you finished 5 seasons in what? 4 days? It took me 2 months with all the stuff I had to do xD

Well, unfortunately I'm unemployed and am house sitting for about a week. Didn't have much else to do but marathon the whole series.

Looking like I should just watch the final Yoda arc?

Fj0823

Well, unfortunately I'm unemployed and am house sitting for about a week. Didn't have much else to do but marathon the whole series.

Looking like I should just watch the final Yoda arc?

Oh, I´m sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or anything.

Sorry to bring that up

Sayers

Oh, I´m sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or anything.

Sorry to bring that up

No offense taken! It's not fun but applications are being made and interviews had. I'll find something eventually. It was a nice break from the stress of it all actually.

Sayers

"Turns out our enemy had a hand in the creation of the army we are using to fight them."

"What do we do?"

"Cover it up."

I'm sorry . . . WHAT?!

Question that I wondered about today, did Yoda immediately know who Luke was when he met him on Dagobah? Or did he clue in after Luke asked about seeking after a 'Jedi Master?'

There's no real way of knowing. Yoda acts like a crackpot when he first meets him but I suppose he might have suspected who he was.

Moff

of course he knew, obi wan sent him to dagobah, I am sure obi wan was chilling as a ghost in yodas hut all the time back then

Tapejara

I watched that too but the scene I'm referring to was when they learn the truth about Sifo Dyas.

The whole Sifo Dyas thing always came across as contrived to me when it was introduced in the prequels. With that TCW arc it seemed like them having to write around what was already a shitty plot thread.

curb

Banned
Man, that ending to Season 5 of Clone Wars.

Fuck the Jedi Council.

I've said this before and if you look through my post history, I probably sound (read?) like a broken record but that last arc of Season 5 is my favorite Star Wars thing ever. Those last few minutes of that season get me all up in the feels every time.

Sayers

I've said this before and if you look through my post history, I probably sound (read?) like a broken record but that last arc of Season 5 is my favorite Star Wars thing ever. Those last few minutes of that season get me all up in the feels every time.

It was great. That whole CYA thing from the Council about how this was clearly the force testing you and is proof you are ready to become a knight and her turning them down was just heartbreaking. Windu and Yoda both needed a good kick in the ass for that shameful performance.

And did anyone else think she was implying she knows about Padme at the end?

Tapejara

It was great. That whole CYA thing from the Council about how this was clearly the force testing you and is proof you are ready to become a knight and her turning them down was just heartbreaking. Windu and Yoda both needed a good kick in the ass for that shameful performance.

And did anyone else think she was implying she knows about Padme at the end?

For sure, she was definitely hinting at that.

Calcium

Banned
There's no real way of knowing. Yoda acts like a crackpot when he first meets him but I suppose he might have suspected who he was.

Crackpot Yoda is best Yoda. Seriously, every time he takes the lamp and starts laughing like a maniac or beats R2 with his cane I can't help but smile.

tumblr_inline_namvghCuxH1qc6nfn.gif

Calcium

Banned
I always got the feeling tha his behaviour is a distraction. He still gets serious when he learns about Lukes mission.

He was testing his patience. Yoda keeps the act going right up until Luke starts to whine about wasting his time then tells Obi-Wan that he can't teach him.

Has anyone read / is reading Dark Disciple? I'm just over halfway through, and I'm really enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. This is probably my favorite Star Wars novel in recent memory.

Gravidee

Has anyone read / is reading Dark Disciple? I'm just over halfway through, and I'm really enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. This is probably my favorite Star Wars novel in recent memory.

It's good stuff. I wish it was made into actual episodes though. I'm finding it a bit hard to visualize certain things, like Vos' jedi friend, who may or may not look dog or cat-like? I just envision a Zygerrian with a concealed stinger somewhere.

Fj0823

Looks like you have to have a participating cable provider and Time Warner isn't listed unfortunately.

I'm watching it on Disney XD but the schedules and the latin american dub suck ass....I can´t unhear Mojo Jojo when Zeb talks

There's also several places to watch it online if you know what I mean. But I would support the show as its not on fire with ratings

The series is really great and is done by the same folks as The Clone Wars, however the budget is noticeably lower and the story a bit more family friendly (At least violence-wise)

Season 2 is set to give closure to several Clone Wars Characters. MEGA SPOILER AHEAD
Including Ahsoka and Captain Rex

Ezalc

I read through it. I liked it a lot, I already enjoyed Ventress' arc in TCW this book was a great way to see how she continued to evolve from that. As for Vos I already liked him after a friend of mine told me about how in the old canon and comics he survived the jedi purge and was just an all around badass, this book made me really like his character by actually seeing him interact with people and not just hearing about a few things he did from a friend. I guess I have a thing for outgoing jedi with dreads since Kit Fisto is one of my favorites as well.

Anyway, I got really disappointed that none of this got to be episodes because I'm sure they would have been fantastic. I saw some clips of what they were working on when season 6 was cancelled, and while I read it I could see all the little happenings of the story in animation, would have been sublime. Anyway, I just wonder where things will go after the ending of the book which I won't spoil of course, but it's still really interesting.

Sayers

I'm watching it on Disney XD but the schedules and the latin american dub suck ass....I can´t unhear Mojo Jojo when Zeb talks

There's also several places to watch it online if you know what I mean. But I would support the show as its not on fire with ratings

The series is really great and is done by the same folks as The Clone Wars, however the budget is noticeably lower and the story a bit more family friendly (At least violence-wise)

Season 2 is set to give closure to several Clone Wars Characters. MEGA SPOILER AHEAD
Including Ahsoka and Captain Rex

Oh I've seen a couple of the relevant scenes. That's what makes me interested, gotta see what happens to my favorite girl.

I've fallen behind a bit on my reading lately so I haven't started it yet. Glad to hear it's good though!

JTripper

I've never read a Star Wars novel before, but I'm thinking of pre-ordering Aftermath since it'll give us new info into the the new trilogy and be the first book that takes place after the original films. Are you all getting Aftermath?

I've never read a Star Wars novel before, but I'm thinking of pre-ordering Aftermath since it'll give us new info into the the new trilogy and be the first book that takes place after the original films. Are you all getting Aftermath?

I don't see how I'd be able to resist.

Rootbeer

Banned
Looks like you have to have a participating cable provider and Time Warner isn't listed unfortunately.
You asked how to watch them not how to watch them for free. :) Even with declining cable/sat subscription rates, it's not hard to find someone you know that has an account. If they trust you enough to share their login information you can watch a ton of stuff steaming online through their respective portals, as well as through the websites of certain channels, such as watchdisneyxd.com
Aftermath is the first major novel to come out post-Disney acquisition in my mind. I do plan on getting it and hope that it's good.

I'll also be getting the Force Awakens novelization since those are canon too and it should give us some added details.

Top Bottom