• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Fj0823

Totally forgot this - No way Kylo wont proclaim himself as a Sith at some part of the new trilogy

Hope he has a cool master, the real mastermind behind all trilogies, games, fanboy wars, everything

"Lord Kylo"
"Yes Master?"
"Risah"

qL1qW.jpg

I`m absolutely joking, hope he doesn`t get a master, too obvious

graffix13

But think about it. Sith were VERY prominent in the prequels and we learned about "The Rule of Two", a rule designed to be broken so that masters are killed by their own apprentices

By the OT, Vader did not had any apprentice, and the Inquisitors aren`t Sith apprentices just Hunters, Palpatine did everything in his power to put Vader on a short leash so he wouldn't get any apprentices (Because fuck TFU lol)

So if Palpy and Vader died, who's going to be the Master? The Dark Side is still there sure but it would make sense if the Sith Ideology is lost forever as Palpatine hoarded knowledge and hid all kinds of info about the force, like the existence of Midichlorians.

I like the Sith a lot, but it kinda makes sense that they are gone to give rise to a new kind of Dark Side users. Which is why I kinda want the fanboy/wannabe angle. Just like Neo-Nazis

Yeah I like this. The Sith died for good when Vader threw Palp down that shaft and then he himself died.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah I like this. The Sith died for good when Vader threw Palp down that shaft and then he himself died.
The Sith were practically extinct mutliple times in the Expanded Universe, and all it always needed was someone who came and said "Yeah, so I am now a sith" and he was the new Sith Overlord.

I dont see a reason they cant bring back this idea.
And I really dont need a third big Sithlord who was the master behind Palpatine, espescially the rule of two is established and Teneborus was even called death by Palpatine himself.

Rootbeer

Banned
3bPx25U.jpg

kINnrmQ.jpg

These are of course the smaller 3 3/4 inch figures (presumably all with 5 points of articulation?)

The better 6" figures are hopefully going to be showing up today too if this seller (sellers) got a nice haul

Rootbeer

Banned
They are all star wars quotes except "Immune to the light"

Could it be a new quote? Just something they made up? Or is my memory bad and it actually is from one of the previous films?

curb

Banned
They are all star wars quotes except "Immune to the light"

Could it be a new quote? Just something they made up? Or is my memory bad and it actually is from one of the previous films?

Apparently three of those quotes are new: 6, 7 and 10.

Simo

Lots of photos of the 3.75" figures leaked:
http://imgur.com/a/D5nxD

Looks like Finn and Kylo have multiple versions so far including Jakku and Starkiller Base figures with Kylo's Starkiller Base figure without the hood.

I guess if anyone is near New Boston, Ohio the Walmart there is where the photos came from. lol

Drayco21

Lots of photos of the 3.75" figures leaked:
http://imgur.com/a/D5nxD

Looks like Finn and Kylo have multiple versions so far including Jakku and Starkiller Base figures with Kylo's Starkiller Base figure without the hood.

I guess if anyone is near New Boston, Ohio the Walmart there is where the photos came from. lol

That's about an hour and a half away from where I live... I...I should probably have the self-control to not go driving that far out just to look for Star Wars figures before street date.

But I might.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wait, was it already known that
Boba Fett (or someone wearing his armor)
is in this? I'm generally not someone who cares about spoilers but that definitely caught me by surprise.

curb

Banned
is in this? I'm generally not someone who cares about spoilers but that definitely caught me by surprise.

There's also a couple Luke figures from ESB and RotJ. I think they're just putting out new versions of older popular characters along with the TFA characters.

Lol there's a Bespin and ROTJ Luke figure too. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Woorloog

Banned
Considering there is an ESB Luke figure, a Boba figure means nothing really. Boba Fett is after all one of the most popular characters.

EDIT beaten with a lightsaber

Drayco21

The way that action figures of
Boba Fett
move, I wouldn't be surprised if they just threw one in the line just because.
I wouldn't expect anything except maybe a potential flashback to a still-living Vader, and there's a figure of him in the line too. And while it's hard to tell in these pictures, that Luke figure looks like a much younger Luke than I'd expect from his time in TFA; like a straight ROTJ version of the character, just to have a young Luke on the shelf for the new line.

Whoops; thoroughly beaten. I'm sure they'll bring him back for the new canon soon though; the way people love him, there's no way they'll keep his original death canon.

Cheebo

Banned
Boba's alive! He's alive!

Notice it is right next to a circa ROTJ Luke. And there is a ESB Luke figure too. And there is a Vader too. They are repackaging old characters in the TFA box design. Don't read anything into it.

Boba Fett is not in the movie, don't get your hopes up.

Notice it is right next to a circa ROTJ Luke. And there is a ESB Luke figure too. And there is a Vader too. They are repackaging old characters in the TFA box design. Don't read anything into it.

Boba Fett is not in the movie, don't get your hopes up.
I know, I was just kidding. They didn't confirm he died in Ultimate Star Wars but I can't see Lucasfilm rushing to resurrect him yet.

Simo

That's about an hour and a half away from where I live... I...I should probably have the self-control to not go driving that far out just to look for Star Wars figures before street date.

But I might.

Well the guy who did take the photos ended up buying all those, so they were available and might have more...

Drayco21

Well the guy who did take the photos ended up buying all those, so they were available and might have more...

Aw hell; I'm taking a road trip tomorrow anyway, may as well make a couple stops as I'm going just to see if anyone else in the area is starting to stock anything. Noting ventured, nothing gained, right?

Simo

Aw hell; I'm taking a road trip tomorrow anyway, may as well make a couple stops as I'm going just to see if anyone else in the area is starting to stock anything. Noting ventured, nothing gained, right?

Might want to try the sooner the better. You just know after they broke street date, and the purchaser watermarked the store location, Hasbro is going to be chewing them out tonight/tomorrow. lol

Drayco21

5 PoA?

Gross.

I was totally in that mindset at first too, but looking at these things now? Something about the Episode 1/POTF2 but way better sculpted look to them just triggers a really special nostalgia filter in my brain. Makes me think of the times of digging through pegs filled to the brim with my Mom, looking for neat new characters when I was a kid.

Just for the novelty of appealing to that, I'm probably going to pick up a handful of them. That Captain Phasma just looks so cool. Hopefully the talk of raising the price ends up not being the case, though- I could really see myself falling all the way down on this line if they're reasonably priced.

I'm going to get my super articulated needs sated by the Black Series figures, and they'll look great with my Marvel Legends, but I hope for the sake of people who still care about the traditional Star Wars figures that there's an SA 3 3/4" series for the new movie alongside this one.

LastNac

I was totally in that mindset at first too, but looking at these things now? Something about the Episode 1/POTF2 but way better sculpted look to them just triggers a really special nostalgia filter in my brain. Makes me think of the times of digging through pegs filled to the brim with my Mom, looking for neat new characters when I was a kid.

Just for the novelty of appealing to that, I'm probably going to pick up a handful of them. That Captain Phasma just looks so cool. Hopefully the talk of raising the price ends up not being the case, though- I could really see myself falling all the way down on this line if they're reasonably priced.

I'm going to get my super articulated needs sated by the Black Series figures, and they'll look great with my Marvel Legends, but I hope for the sake of people who still care about the traditional Star Wars figures that there's an SA 3 3/4" series for the new movie alongside this one.

I don't know man, the EP1 figures, while still 5PoA, had fantastic sculpts. These however seem to be lacking.

e1wattoloose.jpg

Top Bottom