• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Huh, so he gets maybe tempted by the dark side? Would find this interesting.

I really hope someone of the main cast falls to the dark side in the second part. I just want to see this.

Trained warrior? I thought he was a Stormtrooper? *rimshot*

Ouch, Finn's fragile heart lies broken on the floor.

Huh, so he gets maybe tempted by the dark side? Would find this interesting.

I really hope someone of the main cast falls to the dark side in the second part. I just want to see this.

I haven't been reading story spoilers but I'd imagine it's more to do with the fact you don't abandon the First Order and expect to get away with it.

More leaks.

StormtrooperClassI.JPG

What the hell is that? Are they making a Star Wars Mario Kart clone?

Looks like it's almost a done deal. Really excited about this.

The 48-year-old Oscar winner, who already appears as Taneleer Tivan -- a.k.a. The Collector -- in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, could be signing on to star as a villain in Star Wars: Episode VIII.

Del Toro spoke with ET's Cameron Mathison at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's Grants Banquet, where the actor teased his possible attachment to the high-profile project.

"I can’t tell you much about it but I think that it might happen. It looks like it’s gonna happen so I’m very excited," the Guardians of the Galaxy actor said at Thursday’s event.

As for any teasers regarding his character, Del Toro said the producers take secrecy very seriously.

"I can’t talk too much about it. The script is hard to get. They told me they’d cut my finger if I talk about it," he joked.

Nothing has been revealed about the character Del Toro may end up playing, but according to Variety the studio also met with Joaquin Phoenix for the role.

http://www.etonline.com/movies/169975_benicio_del_toro_says_star_wars_role_looks_like_it_gonna_happen/

Rootbeer

Banned
Some guy has the new 6" black series figures but is trolling. He claims he will show them off later today on youtube/facebook.

11836875_897795813641790_4726588740326227381_n.jpg

HOWEVER still awesome... notice it says Rey comes with BB-8

Gravidee

As for the new "AT-RT" (that's what the ones in prequels were called)... Logical that the First Order uses them, i guess, though i never saw much value in the damn vehicle. Too exposed, and speeder bikes can do recon just as well.

As TCW demonstrated, they could be fast and nimble when maneuvering around obstacles. A pair could take out a tank, whereas speeder bikes probably couldn't.

Drayco21

Some guy has the new 6" black series figures but is trolling. He claims he will show them off later today on youtube/facebook.

HOWEVER still awesome... notice it says Rey comes with BB-8

Looking forward to seeing these, but we have seen the prototypes for each of them quite a while ago. Hopefully there's a second wave soon with Phasma and the Flametrooper in it.

Surprised, but relieved Hasbro's not going to try and sell BB-8 on his own like they did with the Black Series R2.

Rootbeer

Banned
Thanks for keeping on top of it ghostmind

If anyone wants to talk star wars we have a chat group on LINE with a lot of GAF members there! PM me your LINE username if interested.

Drayco21

Packaging isn't nearly as striking, but still probably in for a couple Stormtroopers. Didn't the SDCC exclusive come with a larger rifle too? Looks like it lost that on the way to mass retail.

I really love the visual direction for the new Imperial forces.

ghostmind

The rest of the black Series is supposed to be posted in the next couple hours... hopefully.

Could do without the giant pink text though.

And the 3.75 line has got the superior packaging. Black Series packaging is dull.

Simo

The rest of the black Series is supposed to be posted in the next couple hours... hopefully.

Could do without the giant pink text though.

And the 3.75 line has got the superior packaging. Black Series packaging is dull.

Yeah the packaging is awfully bland but the rest of the series prior has been similar too. Something like the SDCC packaging would of been killer for these.

Still, seeing new toys of the Millennium Falcon and Storm Troopers throws me back to being 7 and having all the old toys and playsets. lol

Rootbeer

Banned
Poor Finn. Couldn't they at least throw in Luke's lightsaber with him to make him a bit more exciting to acquire? Probably the last interesting figure of Wave 1... but yeah, still getting him for sure.

Since this is the "Jakku" version it's reasonable to assume they will do a version of him from later in the film where he may have other accessories.

Strongly agree with you guys about the packaging. They could have used this opportunity to reboot the Black Series branding, or even create an entire new sub brand for these 6" figures, but they decided to keep it super simple. It is what it is...

11895974_1602736239977184_8999218257481569450_n.jpg

Simo

11866263_1602746939976114_6445652823292354441_n.jpg

Hmm I'd have to see these up close otherwise the detail and paint looks to be lacking on the head sculpts.

Interesting blurb about BB-8.

Rootbeer

Banned
Rey is a super good value with BB-8, I can see her selling well. Sure her face paint apps are going to be a problem on a lot of the figures, but sadly that's just how it is with female figures from Hasbro.

Compare the different ones on the shelf and pick the best one. Hope for the best.

She's not that bad really. Need to see more angles and in better quality.

Rootbeer

Banned
Kylo looking good. I think the fabric on him is textured or decorative to match the film. This is good because the stuff on some previous BS figures was more plain.

So this guy is supposed to do a video of these figures today as well.

If you can only get one, get Kylo. Look at how expensive Maul became. Even Vader, a newer figure, is impossible to find on shelves anywhere. Although at least in his case you can get it at a small markup online ($5 to $10 and climing.) Not so with Maul. Boba Fett has gotten pretty expensive too, even after they did a pretty massive reprint of his figure a while back.

Anyway, as good as this Kylo is, if you look at Maul and Vader, they both had alternate heads (well, in Vader's case it was his helmet that came off exactly like in RotJ -- same difference.) Why not include an Adam Driver head?

81yfEg14PUL._SL1500_.jpg

STAR-WARS-BLACK-SERIES-6INCH-EPVI-DARTH-VADER-A7268.jpg

They look good. Rey is the only one that looks off to me. But she comes with BB-8 so that kinda makes up for it. The lack of Adam Driver's head is probably so they can sell another maskless one later down the line or maybe there's more to it than that?

I agree about the packaging. Hasbro basically try to make the Black Series look less childish as it's aimed at more adult collectors, but the problem is it looks bland in comparison to those awesome 3.75 ones.

Damn, seeing that Black series Maul again makes me wish I'd started getting Black Series figures sooner. Boba is a nightmare to get in the UK as well.

Simo

As someone who knows of the Black series but hasn't really seen much of them...holy shit that Vader looks awesome.

As for the Kylo figure...yeah, there's probably something more to it but the figure does come with either 2 sabers or you can remove the blades. I just know that the guy on Instagram who originally leaked photos of it posted a second photo of the figure just holding the hilt before he removed them offline.

EDIT: Video of the Black series the collector put up. He won't take them out of the packaging because they're not his. lol Gives a little bit better of a look but not too much.
https://youtu.be/L1HSyp3Y-uw

Woorloog

Banned
Noted this in the Lego thread.

The film will have two types of TIE fighters, standard and, based on the Lego set's name, Special Forces TIEs.

The SpecForce TIEs have two seats, rear window, a bottom turret, a red slash painted on them, an antenna or extra gun, and extra-sturdy wing connections.

This link has some images of Hasbro's TIE toy, revealing these details:
http://www.revengeofthe5th.net/2015/07/the-force-awakens-tie-fighter-flies.html

Standard TIEs seem to be the same ones as always but with new paint job.

Simo

Got bored waiting for the D23 presentation and made some avatars from the recent merchandise photos. lol

20571664766_f2c2975b76_o.png
20604501651_7262c1948b_o.png
20409949900_4b94ab849a_o.jpg
19975332244_efebe62d8f_o.png
20589009332_c71b95f5a0_o.png

From D23 there's the Rogue One cast photo. Mads Mikkelson's joining them too.

rogue-one-cast-photo-d23-1536x864-521514304075.jpg

New logo. Looks like the Anthology title's been scrapped.

rogue-one-title-treatment-1024x357.jpg

And the D23 Struzan poster!

CMeTlx5UwAAbEvH.jpg

Treverrow's been confirmed as IX director too.

Pachimari

With all of these Star Wars tidbits released today, it have once again made me hyped, and I should soon get around to my watch of Episode II: Attack of the Clones and III: Revenge of the Sith.

Fj0823

With all of these Star Wars tidbits released today, it have once again made me hyped, and I should soon get around to my watch of Episode II: Attack of the Clones and III: Revenge of the Sith.

You're rewatching the saga?
I recently did, and it's amazing if you watch it with a newcomer. Way more fun!

Top Bottom