• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

ep7-38176-1377-1378-07.jpg

I love how they've brought the shoulder pads back. I might be mistaken but I think this is the first confirmation of it.

curb

Banned
Unfortunately, I'm now at the point where I can't unsee the duckbill on the new Stormtrooper helmets.

Edit: I was just clicking through the pics on the EW and this little tease about Phasma has me very intrigued...

Inside this shimmering armor is a warrior for The First Order, Captain Phasma (played by Gwendoline Christie of Game of Thrones). Her character's name has an unexpected origin...

curb

Banned
the duckbill thing is so overemphasized in arguments against the design. It looks like its own thing to me.

It's silly that people make such a big deal out of it but internet Star Wars fans can be pretty petty. I like the design but the internet has gotten in my head.

Then again, I saw people complain that Phasma's cape didn't look something that would be in Star Wars which made me laugh.

It's silly that people make such a big deal out of it but internet Star Wars fans can be pretty petty. I like the design but the internet has gotten in my head.

Then again, I saw people complain that Phasma's cape didn't look something that would be in Star Wars which made me laugh.

Never seen a cape in Star Wars. Nope.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Went out at lunch and was able to pick up issue 1-7 of the current Star Wars comic series. Was torn between getting that or Darth Vader to start but they had all issues of SW and only like 4 of the Darth Vader ones at the time. Though seeing the Vader preview in the back of issue 1 of SW i now definitely need to grab those. Probably picking up Lando 1/2 this week also.

Never bought comic books in my life but I need some new, official, Star Wars material to keep me going.

Fj0823

Then again, I saw people complain that Phasma's cape ]didn't look something that would be in Star Wars which made me laugh.

LOL, Capes and Star Wars are like bread and butter

Juicy details on Kylo Ren.

Remember how we eventually learned that “Darth” is not a first name, but a kind of title? It appears the surname “Ren” is something similar.

“He is a character who came to the name Kylo Ren when he joined a group called the Knights of Ren,” Abrams says. But that’s as far as the writer-director will go. What are the Knights of Ren? You’re going to have to wait until Dec. 18 to find out.

“He is not your prototypical mustache-twirling bad guy,” Abrams offers. “He is a little bit more complex than that, and it was a great joy to work with Adam Driver on this role, because he threw himself into it in a deep and remarkable way.”

There are many implications to this piece of Kylo Ren’s history. If he had a different name before aligning with these mysterious knights, maybe we’ve heard it before. Maybe we know… his parents?

We’re definitely going to have to wait for that.

Lawrence Kasdan, screenwriter of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, as well as The Force Awakens and the 2018 young Han Solo movie, says: “I’ve written four Star Wars movies now, and there’s never been a character quite like the one that Adam plays. I think you’re going to see something that’s brand new to the saga.”

What sets him apart? “He’s full of emotion,” Kasdan says. “No matter how we express ourselves in the world, whether we hide it and act very calm or whether we’re very out there and demonstrative, everybody’s roiling with emotion. And you want your characters to be that way, too. Then they have to deal with their emotions as best they can, with what they are.”

Kasdan pauses. “I’d say that is as far as I’d go,” he says.

When it comes to Kylo Ren — whoever he is — it’s best not to get too close.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/12/star-wars-force-awakens-kylo-ren/2

The synopsis for the Battlefront novel, Twilight Company, has been released.

A companion novel inspired by the hotly anticipated videogame Star Wars: Battlefront, this action-packed adventure follows a squad of soldiers caught in the trenches of the ultimate galactic war between good and evil.

The bravest soldiers. The toughest warriors. The ultimate survivors.

Among the stars and across the vast expanses of space, the Galactic Civil War rages. On the battlefields of multiple worlds in the Mid Rim, legions of ruthless stormtroopers—bent on crushing resistance to the Empire wherever it arises—are waging close and brutal combat against an armada of freedom fighters. In the streets and alleys of ravaged cities, the front-line forces of the Rebel Alliance are taking the fight to the enemy, pushing deeper into Imperial territory and grappling with the savage flesh-and-blood realities of war on the ground.

Leading the charge are the soldiers—men and women, human and nonhuman—of the sixty-first mobile infantry, better known as Twilight Company. Hard-bitten, war-weary, and ferociously loyal to one another, the members of this renegade outfit doggedly survive where others perish, and defiance is their most powerful weapon against the deadliest odds. When orders come down for the Rebels to fall back in the face of superior opposition numbers and firepower, Twilight reluctantly complies. Then an unlikely ally radically changes the strategic equation—and gives the Alliance’s hardest-fighting warriors a crucial chance to turn retreat into resurgence.

Orders or not, alone and outgunned but unbowed, Twilight Company locks, loads, and prepares to make its boldest maneuver—trading down-and-dirty battle in the trenches for a game-changing strike at the ultimate target: the very heart of the Empire’s military machine.

curb

Banned
I remember hearing of Phantasm and wondering if it inspired it. BB8 being named after Bryan Burk would have been pretty funny. It also seems JJ held back Rey and Finn's surnames for a reason as we all suspected.

Little surprise there.

Oh no really guys, he's not Khan.

Ezalc

Opinions hey. I can't wait to see Phasma on screen.

I never said I wasn't interested in seeing her on screen. I'm just disappointed at the fact that the way they make her stand out was so boring. Plus, he's the one that asked about people's opinion on the design anyway.

Fj0823

Hey guys, Any of you know when Rebels starts airing again?

At this rate I´ll see ep VII before finishing Rebels S2 lol

Simo

Any guesses as to what we'll see at D23? No trailer of course but I have a feeling they might unveil the poster - hopefully Struzan.

Last week or so there was a "leak" on 4chan that has since been deleted from somebody who claimed they were in the know who basically said the panel would consist of..
  • Some but not all the cast present
  • No new trailer
  • New stills and behind the scenes images
  • Basic plot outline
  • New poster
  • Rogue One details
  • Star Wars attractions at Disney World and Disney Land for 2017.

Again a grain of salt and all that but since they posted that we did get the confirmation of no trailer being shown and EW's coverage with new stills and info so...

Last week or so there was a "leak" on 4chan that has since been deleted from somebody who claimed they were in the know who basically said the panel would consist of..
  • Some but not all the cast present
  • No new trailer
  • New stills and behind the scenes images
  • Basic plot outline
  • New poster
  • Rogue One details
  • Star Wars attractions at Disney World and Disney Land for 2017.

Again a grain of salt and all that but since they posted that we did get the confirmation of no trailer being shown and EW's coverage with new stills and info so...
That sounds great if it turns out to be true.

Fj0823

I need to know if Rens are Sith Lords, Sith fanboys/wannabe`s or a morally grey order trying to emulate what the Jedi failed to be in their last days

graffix13

I need to know if Rens are Sith Lords, Sith fanboys/wannabe`s or a morally grey order trying to emulate what the Jedi failed to be in their last days

I'm curious to this too. I just assumed Kylo Ren was a Sith. But maybe he's something different? Well under a different title that is. Sith = evil, Ren = evil.

Either way, I'm excited.

Fj0823

No way they will drop the Sith. I would bet they are related somehow.

But think about it. Sith were VERY prominent in the prequels and we learned about "The Rule of Two", a rule designed to be broken so that masters are killed by their own apprentices

By the OT, Vader did not had any apprentice, and the Inquisitors aren`t Sith apprentices just Hunters, Palpatine did everything in his power to put Vader on a short leash so he wouldn't get any apprentices (Because fuck TFU lol)

So if Palpy and Vader died, who's going to be the Master? The Dark Side is still there sure but it would make sense if the Sith Ideology is lost forever as Palpatine hoarded knowledge and hid all kinds of info about the force, like the existence of Midichlorians.

I like the Sith a lot, but it kinda makes sense that they are gone to give rise to a new kind of Dark Side users. Which is why I kinda want the fanboy/wannabe angle. Just like Neo-Nazis

curb

Banned
But think about it. Sith were VERY prominent in the prequels and we learned about "The Rule of Two", a rule designed to be broken so that masters are killed by their own apprentices

By the OT, Vader did not had any apprentice, and the Inquisitors aren`t Sith apprentices just Hunters, Palpatine did everything in his power to put Vader on a short leash so he wouldn't get any apprentices (Because fuck TFU lol)

So if Palpy and Vader died, who's going to be the Master? The Dark Side is still there sure but it would make sense if the Sith Ideology is lost forever as Palpatine hoarded knowledge and hid all kinds of info about the force, like the existence of Midichlorians.

I like the Sith a lot, but it kinda makes sense that they are gone to give rise to a new kind of Dark Side users. Which is why I kinda want the fanboy/wannabe angle. Just like Neo-Nazis

Yeah, I doubt there are a lot of Sith textbooks lying around. For that matter, there's likely very little Jedi knowledge either. If there is any kind of representation of the Sith in the galaxy, it's likely only a partial picture of what they were. Which would make sense given the rumor (I don't recall if it's confirmed) about
Kylo Ren tracking down anything Sith related he can find - likely to try and piece their ways together.

Fj0823

Yeah, I doubt there are a lot of Sith textbooks lying around. For that matter, there's likely very little Jedi knowledge either. If there is any kind of representation of the Sith in the galaxy, it's likely only a partial picture of what they were. Which would make sense given the rumor (I don't recall if it's confirmed) about
Kylo Ren tracking down anything Sith related he can find - likely to try and piece their ways together.

I think the rumor is more akin to
Vader, specifically. While he is interested in the sith, he has an unhealthy obsession with Vader ...for reasons *wink wink*, which is why he NEEDS Anakin`s saber

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Which would make sense given the rumor (I don't recall if it's confirmed) about
Totally forgot this - No way Kylo wont proclaim himself as a Sith at some part of the new trilogy

curb

Banned
I think the rumor is more akin to
Vader, specifically. While he is interested in the sith, he has an unhealthy obsession with Vader ...for reasons *wink wink*, which is why he NEEDS Anakin`s saber

Because obviously his
saber crafting
skills aren't quite up to snuff ;)

Totally forgot this - No way Kylo wont proclaim himself as a Sith at some part of the new trilogy

Or at least his/their interpretation of the Sith. I doubt whatever his group are or become will line up completely with the Sith as we know them from the rest of canon but it would seem like that's where they're or at least he's headed.

Top Bottom