• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Waldini

Korean TV spot? What!? :eek:

Looks great. Feels/looks different from the previous Star Wars movies.

I've got the weirdest boner right now.

Imperial

z1sFt0n.gif

That must be Starkiller base, with General Hux up at front addressing the troops!

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Those walker make me think of a mashup of the Clone Army walkers of Episode II and the more traditional AT-AT. Can't wait for more.

Star Wars official social media accounts have put out the First Order picture as well. Echoes of the fallout of the Vanity Fair picture. Fairly sure it was not on their radar to release the picture digitally today.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Are the new walkers missing heads or do they just have very long guns?

Also, can someone fill me in on the situation with the comics atm, i.e. are any of them canon as it stands?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Are the new walkers missing heads or do they just have very long guns?

Also, can someone fill me in on the situation with the comics atm, i.e. are any of them canon as it stands?

Only the ongoing Marvel Star Wars comics are canon.

Star Wars
Darth Vader
Princess Leia
Lando
Kanan - The Last Padawan

All comics in the future will be canon as well.

Cindres

All of them are canon.

Only the ongoing Marvel Star Wars comics are canon.

Star Wars
Darth Vader
Princess Leia
Lando
Kanan - The Last Padawan

All comics in the future will be canon as well.

Great, thanks guys.

EDIT: Actually, a little confusion here. I'm looking through this list:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

Do all the ones beginning "Star Wars:" count under the "Star Wars" title Sargerus posted? Just because there are Star Wars: Darth Vader, Star Wars: Kanan, but you didn't explicitly mention Darth Maul. Are the comics in that list correct?

Great, thanks guys.

EDIT: Actually, a little confusion here. I'm looking through this list:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

Do all the ones beginning "Star Wars:" count under the "Star Wars" title Sargerus posted? Just because there are Star Wars: Darth Vader, Star Wars: Kanan, but you didn't explicitly mention Darth Maul. Are the comics in that list correct?

The last Dark Horse Darth Maul mini-series is considered canon as it's an adaptation of un-filmed Clone Wars scripts.

Cindres

I want that BB-8 so bad. I have an Admiral Akbar bobble Pop! that was a birthday present from a couple of friends on my desk. Would sure like something from the new movie to keep him company.

EDIT: Also C3PO's arm is red...

Rootbeer

Banned

Simo

The leaks are coming fast and furious now... really cool time to be checking out star wars news. There's already force awakens stuff on amazon too. Saw some lunchboxes and thermos models. I'm sure there's more on there being added as we speak. sadly it's hard to find some of the items because not every section of the site will let you sort by newest items first

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0136JJKZM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0136JYOIK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Nice! The Thermos image makes for a good avatar source too! lol

Hopefully since we've seen 3 figures over in the Philippines on sale we'll see more images including the full Kylo shot which comes with 2 sabers.

Rootbeer

Banned
“You realize certain things that you don’t need, certain things you can pull out.”

No NOOOOOOOOOO you must leave in every tiny piece of Star Wars, it is so very precious T__T

Joking of course but I hope anything they leave out shows up in special features because some of the stuff they left out of the OT cuts were very interesting and even added to the lore, even if it's usually completely understandable why it was left out.

Ezalc

I don't understand how people don't like Phasma's costume. It's the definition of badass.

Because the only difference to the normal trooper is that it's chrome and has a cape? I still think it looks stupid. Here's this supposedly badass captain, let's distinguish her by making her armor all chrome, the tackiest shit ever. Oh and put in a cape too. Good job guys.

Because the only difference to the normal trooper is that it's chrome and has a cape? I still think it looks stupid. Here's this supposedly badass captain, let's distinguish her by making her armor all chrome, the tackiest shit ever. Oh and put in a cape too. Good job guys.
It combines two of my favourite things - strormtroopers and capes. You can't go wrong. It's pretty obvious that Phasma will be leading First Order troops in the field. It makes sense for her to have slightly different but superior armour compared to the standard stormtroopers. They've obviously tried to differentiate between the ground troops and the higher ranked officers like General Hux. It will also sell toys. Lots of them.

Ezalc

It combines two of my favourite things - strormtroopers and capes. You can't go wrong. It's pretty obvious that Phasma will be leading First Order troops in the field. It makes sense for her to have slightly different but superior armour compared to the standard stormtroopers. They've obviously tried to differentiate between the ground troops and the higher ranked officers like General Hux. It will also sell toys. Lots of them.

I don't mind her having a different color or some kind of design flourish, but fucking chrome? Eugh. Terrible. Made me think it was one of those fan custom designs inspired on 70s disco or something. Clone troopers still GOAT.

Just saw Ant-Man again and they played the Force Awakens trailer before it. Phasma looks great. Screw the haters.

They only showed the first TFA teaser with Ant-Man in the first week here in Australia. It was amazing but I was hoping for the 2nd teaser. :(

Cindres

The only thing I don't like about Captain Phasma is the name, sounds like a bad superhero or villain, other than that I think she looks pretty badass.

The only thing I don't like about Captain Phasma is the name, sounds like a bad superhero or villain, other than that I think she looks pretty badass.
It'll be interesting to see how much she actually keeps the helmet on. It's the same situation with Ren but I can see him going maskless for a longer duration of time.

Top Bottom