• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Shelves are going to be filled with nothing but those Luke's and Vader's, rest of the cases are gonna sell out. Those two legacy figs are just going to this waves overstock no one can get rid of

Drayco21

I don't know man, the EP1 figures, while still 5PoA, had fantastic sculpts. These however seem to be lacking.

The aliens and droids always had gorgeous sculpts in the Phantom Meance line, but I feel like a lot of the more human characters looked really soft, and not great. These look more like updated Power of the Force 2 figures than those, but they're both still my favorite eras of Star Wars figures, so I'll take it. I totally get why a lot of collectors are mad about these though; there really should be normal modern 3 3/4" figures alongside them too.

Really like the art work on the packaging.

Hasbro packaging in-general has been really good lately, to the point where I basically never throw anything away now. Absolutely love the look of these- I might make an avatar out of that Phasma or Flametrooper, and give ol' Kaine a rest for awhile.

Looks great to me; can't wait to see what his role in the post-ROTJ universe really is.

Cheebo

Banned
So Rey definitely goes to Starkiller Base according to those toys. I didn't know that. Interesting.
Our heroes breaking into the enemy base and fighting their way through is pretty much par for the course for Star Wars films. The only one it didn't happen in was Empire Strikes Back.

Tapejara

Really like the art work on the packaging.
11879217_10152927272846493_1329466941816015855_o.jpg

Maybe I just haven't looked at toys in a while, but that art is really giving me some late 90's/early 2000's nostalgia. Especially with some of the smoke and nebula effects.

I like how they kinda just threw ESB Vader vs Luke in there to make the 15 set. Don't even have "The Force Awakens" sub-title, just Star Wars

Never heard of Constable Zuvio. By his dress and the fact that he's shipping with desert Finn/flametroopers burning the village, he must play a part in the first act on Jakku. Going by that weapon and his shady appearance, going with the safe bet of antagonist.

Simo

Kylo Ren kid's costume..likely Rubies:
Kylo.jpg

Hmm I forgot that Force Friday would likely include all the Halloween costumes and accessories being released too...perfect timing too! lol

Moff

Hamill really looks perfect, I remember how people said he would not be in the movie because he looked out of shape. but there were already pics with with a beard around and I knew he would pull it off.

Moff

what did Vader start, though?
it can't be the eradication of the jedi, that was sheevs plan with order 66
so maybe kylo wants to be the galaxies pod racing champion?
or free more slaves?

Dude freaked out at me yesterday when I mentioned a character name. He wants to go in dark.

I'm not sure how that is remotely feasible.

On topic, I'm 37 years old and I may be buying some Star Wars action figures soon. These look good. I like the card art a lot.

Aiii

So not worth it
Dude freaked out at me yesterday when I mentioned a character name. He wants to go in dark.
Tell him to gtfo with that shit. The name tells him absolutely nothing more than the image from the trailer.

I hate these people. I'm fine with not wanting spoilers, but freaking out over a character name is a serious case of "your problem, not mine."

obin_gam

In 1978 on an interview about "Empire..." before that movie came out, David Prowse flat out said Vader was Lukes dad.

437666_v1.jpg

This spoiler-phobia is ridiculous.

Cheebo

Banned
In 1978 on an interview about "Empire..." before that movie came out, David Prowse flat out said Vader was Lukes dad.

437666_v1.jpg

And he got pretty much blacklisted from Lucasfilm sanctioned events for life, didn't work out well for him. More because he is whiney and demanded more money, but in general Prowse's big mouth has done nothing but harm for him in this little industry.

Woorloog

Banned

437666_v1.jpg

Interestingly, there are claims only Kasdan, Lucas and Mark Hamill (and James Earl Jones) knew that Vader was Luke's father.
Prowse was reportedly angry after finding out the real dialogue, saying he would have acted differently had he known. (IIRC)
Of course, this interview could be after the scene was filmed, and after Browse was told.

EDIT Oh, so this is after the filming was completed? Never knew there were issues between Prowse and Lucasfilm.

And he got pretty much blacklisted from Lucasfilm sanctioned events for life, didn't work out well for him. More because he is whiney and demanded more money, but in general Prowse's big mouth has done nothing but harm for him in this little industry.

I love how he complained about a lack of direction from Marquand on how to deliver his lines for Return of the Jedi.

Cheebo

Banned
I love how he complained about a lack of direction from Marquand on how to deliver his lines for Return of the Jedi.
Prowse is a hack. Thinks it should be his voice over James Earl Jones. Signs autographs as "David Prowse is Darth Vader".

He didn't even play Vader in any action scenes or any of the Saber battles.

Prowse is banned for life from all Star Wars Celebrations as well as Star Wars Day at Disney World.

Cheebo

Banned
One of my friends got me Prowse's autograph from the 2005 Celebration. I like it from a novelty perspective I guess.

That was the last Celebration he attended before Lucasfilm banned him for life from all official Star Wars events so that has a bit of extra novelty I suppose.

Prowse is a hack. Thinks it should be his voice over James Earl Jones. Signs autographs as "David Prowse is Darth Vader".

He didn't even play Vader in any action scenes or any of the Saber battles.

Prowse is banned for life from all Star Wars Celebrations as well as Star Wars Day at Disney World.

As someone who comes from the same part of the UK as Prowse, I can safely say his accent would not have worked. It would have been pretty funny though.

Woorloog

Banned
The new Speeder is very reminiscent of the one used in RotJ but with different bow. More guns.

Also, the color scheme is rather Brotherhood of Nod-like, from Command&Conquer series. Funny.
Too bad the driver doesn't have Scout-trooper-like helmet.

As for the new "AT-RT" (that's what the ones in prequels were called)... Logical that the First Order uses them, i guess, though i never saw much value in the damn vehicle. Too exposed, and speeder bikes can do recon just as well.

If such a small reference to the prequels rubs some people wrong way, they're fools.

Top Bottom