• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Fj0823

Got up to date with STAR WARS: Darth Vader

-Prequel flashbacks hitting Vader where it hurts
-You can feel Vader's emotions while reading, no need for thought bubbles, that's great

Dislikes:
-Vader being bossed around is something I really don't like, he's the baddest mofo in the galaxy!!
-Psycho c3po and pyscho R2 are pretty uninspired
Mon Calamari Grievous trying to replace Vader??? REALLY!?

Simo

Next issue of Empire Magazine looks to be TFA cover story. They teased this today:
11111810_10153519530882708_367516290340694515_o.png

Issue is on sale next Thursday, so commence about 20 collectible covers to be revealed by Monday.

sphagnum

Banned
I do wonder if maybe the canonicity caused them to go back and say "stop pulling from the Radio Dramas, if you could," since it appears that's the kind of stuff that's causing the "grey area" to creep around.

But hell, they should just incorporate as much of that stuff as they can and say fuck it. That stuff is too good, as it is.

I don't think the radio dramas would cause a problem since the writer of The Princess, The Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy said she was given permission from the LSG to draw from them. I get the feeling they stopped putting new scenes in simply for pacing to get it all done before TFA. But that would just be my guess.

ghostmind

For anyone who might be interested, here is some detailed info regarding the "Journey to the Force Awakens" card series, which is releasing on Force Friday.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/blowoutcards-product-information-pages-non-sports/863022-2015-topps-star-wars-journey-force-awakens.html

This set will be my reintroduction to the hobby, after decades of being away. Going to be picking up 2 hobby boxes of them.

Also, there will be another series in December - "The Force Awakens - Series 1", which will be dedicated solely to the movie.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Man I`m all out of SW content and my obsession is not leaving me alone.

Any good canon comics?

I just started Star Wars and Lando last week. Lando's been great for these first 2 issues. Star Wars isn't bad so far but it's gone in odd places.

I mean (Issue 6 spoiler)
Han Has a wife?! Christ.
Anyway. Gonna pick up all the Darth Vaders next week along with Star Wars 8, I mean I've started, might as well continue ;)

A bit sceptical for Darth from what I've heard so far but I'll give it a shot. A sassy sidekick? And from what I've seen in Star Wars so far I'm not totally convinced these guys get his character.

Tizoc

Is it me or did EVERY scene featuring the Emperor in Return of the Jedi had him say 'The Dark Side' at least once?

-You can feel Vader's emotions while reading, no need for thought bubbles, that's great

Dislikes:
-Vader being bossed around is something I really don't like, he's the baddest mofo in the galaxy!!

I think they're one of the best parts especially since they're writing the protocol droid basically like the anti-Threepio and it's hilarious if you picture him doing those things with a similar voice to Threepio.

Also the amount of Prequel call-backs in not only Vader but all of the new canon stuff is pretty funny considering the number of people who think Lucasfilm is discarding them from the canon.

Fj0823

It totally could. I was thinking about it though and really shouldn't all three saber users die before ANH? That seems fairly dark for that show.

Not really, just because they have a Saber doesn't mean they're Jedi.

Kanan and Ahsoka are not Jedi, Luke is the only Jedi trained in the old
shitty
ways

curb

Banned
Not really, just because they have a Saber doesn't mean they're Jedi.

Kanan and Ahsoka are not Jedi, Luke is the only Jedi trained in the old
shitty
ways

I'm not totally sold on Filoni's "certain point of view" bit. I think they count.

Are these new? A toy range showing Elite Speeder Bikes and an Assault Walker though I can't even tell what the hell is going on on the walker box.

Yep, they are. Should have been held back until Force Friday.

Dislikes:

I must admit I actually quite like the idea of Vader being bossed around after his failure with the Death Star. Tarkin's dead so who else is the Emperor going to blame? It'll be satisfying to see him regain his influence in the future. We also see how Tarkin keeps Vader on a leash during A New Hope. I wouldn't say it's that much of a drastic shift at that point in time. The Cylo assassins idea is pretty mental though. That's just Kieron Gillen.

ibyea

Banned
So just found out of the Star Wars community thread. So I am saying hi!

So I just started watching the CG Clone Wars cartoon. My thoughts:
a) Show has its ups and downs but overall it is entertaining and one thing it does great is humanize the clones.
b) I don't like the look of this CG cartoon but it's not a big deal when it comes to enjoyment of the show.
c) General Grieveous remains oh so disappointing considering what I have seen him do in Tartakovsky's Clone Wars cartoon.
d) Jar Jar Bink still manages to ruin every scene he appears in. His slapstick is godawful, it's annoying, instead of funny.
e) Episode 16, the battle of Cristophsis and the search for the mole is the first amazing story of the show.
f) Knowing what the future holds, watching them interact with Palpatine is painful. Heck the whole thing is like watching a train wreck unfold.

Fj0823

So just found out of the Star Wars community thread. So I am saying hi!

So I just started watching the CG Clone Wars cartoon. My thoughts:
a) Show has its ups and downs but overall it is entertaining and one thing it does great is humanize the clones.
b) I don't like the look of this CG cartoon but it's not a big deal when it comes to enjoyment of the show.
c) General Grieveous remains oh so disappointing considering what I have seen him do in Tartakovsky's Clone Wars cartoon.
d) Jar Jar Bink still manages to ruin every scene he appears in. His slapstick is godawful, it's annoying, instead of funny.
e) Episode 16, the battle of Cristophsis and the search for the mole is the first amazing story of the show.
f) Knowing what the future holds, watching them interact with Palpatine is painful. Heck the whole thing is like watching a train wreck unfold.

It just gets better and better, last 2 seasons are simply amazing

Yep, they are. Should have been held back until Force Friday.

I must admit I actually quite like the idea of Vader being bossed around after his failure with the Death Star. Tarkin's dead so who else is the Emperor going to blame? It'll be satisfying to see him regain his influence in the future. We also see how Tarkin keeps Vader on a leash during A New Hope. I wouldn't say it's that much of a drastic shift at that point in time. The Cylo assassins idea is pretty mental though. That's just Kieron Gillen.

Gotta say I loved when Palpatine was all "Oh you are the chosen one alright....The Chosen One to be held responsible for this failure!!"

Rootbeer

Banned
Target DPCI codes for the Force Friday merch has leaked. Note: probably contains small spoilers. Use these codes on brickseek to find out when stores near you get them in. Note that just becuase they are in the stockroom doesn't mean they will sell it. Until Sept 4th, that is.

087-06-3644 Star Wars Extendable Light sabers $9.99
087-06-3645 Star Wars E7 Mask Ast $9.99
087-06-3646 Star Wars Villain Extend Lights $12.99
087-06-3647 Star Wars 11 $14.99
087-06-3648 Star Wars Electronic Light sabers $19.99
087-06-3649 Star Wars Kyle Ren Voice Changer $34.99
087-06-3650 Star Wars SW E7 Ren Elect L $29.99
087-06-3651 Star Wars Chewbacca Electronic $29.99
087-06-3652 Star Wars Darth Vader Voice Changer HL $34.99
087-06-3653 Star Wars Jedi Master Light sabers $49.99
087-06-3654 Star Wars SW E7 Dart Refill $9.99
087-06-3655 Star Wars E7 First Ord Strmtr $12.99
087-06-3656 Star Wars E7 Chewbacca Bow cast $24.99
087-06-3657 Star Wars Stormtroopers Dlx Bls $39.99
087-06-3658 Star Wars E7 3.75 Single Fig A $7.99
087-06-3659 Star Wars E7 Figure Snow Desert $7.99
087-06-3660 Star Wars E7 3.75 Armor Figure $12.99
087-06-3661 Star Wars E7 Figure 2 Pack $14.99
087-06-3662 Star Wars E7 Class I Vehicle $19.99
087-06-3663 Star Wars E7 Class I Dlx Vehicle $24.99
087-06-3664 Star Wars Class II Vehicles As $29.99
087-06-3665 Star Wars Class II Deluxe Vehicle $39.99
087-06-3666 Star Wars 3.75 In Class III Ve $49.99
087-06-3667 Star Wars 31 $139.99
087-06-3668 Star Wars Black Series Die-cast $4.99
087-06-3669 Star Wars Die-cast Vehicles Mu $19.99
087-06-3670 Star Wars Black Series 6in Fig $19.99
087-06-3671 Star Wars E7 Voice Changer Hel $79.99
087-06-3672 Toy Construc E7 Force FX Light $149.99
087-06-3673 Star Wars E7 Fo Spec Frc Tie F $169.99
087-06-3674 Star Wars Kylo Ren Frc FX Light $199.99
087-06-3675 Star Wars Hero Mashers Basic F $9.99
087-06-3676 Star Wars Hero Mashers Dlx Fig $14.99
087-06-3677 Star Wars HM Speeders Ast $19.99
087-06-3678 Star Wars HM Battle Pack Ast $24.99
087-06-3679 Star Wars HM Attack Vehicle $29.99
087-06-3680 Star Wars HM Fig Multi Pack $49.99

graffix13

For anyone who might be interested, here is some detailed info regarding the "Journey to the Force Awakens" card series, which is releasing on Force Friday.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/blowoutcards-product-information-pages-non-sports/863022-2015-topps-star-wars-journey-force-awakens.html

This set will be my reintroduction to the hobby, after decades of being away. Going to be picking up 2 hobby boxes of them.

Also, there will be another series in December - "The Force Awakens - Series 1", which will be dedicated solely to the movie.

These looks good. I might have to pick some up. Which, of course, will lead to me obsessing over them and hunting them all down.

I haven't collected cards of any type since baseball cards and the Marvel Cards back in the late '80s and early '90s. I don't even know the proper way to display them or more importantly store them. Just a binder with the plastic card slot sleeves?

ghostmind

These looks good. I might have to pick some up. Which, of course, will lead to me obsessing over them and hunting them all down.

I haven't collected cards of any type since baseball cards and the Marvel Cards back in the late '80s and early '90s. I don't even know the proper way to display them or more importantly store them. Just a binder with the plastic card slot sleeves?

That's all I'm doing, unless I get some super rare valuable card.

ibyea

Banned
So just watched from battle of Ryloth to second Geonosis. The three Ryloth episodes were great, breath of fresh air after the silly German mad scientist stereotype two parter, reminding us that civilians pay a heavy price in a war.

Then came Cad Bane, holy cow he is a great addition to the antagonist. And the second season continues with a string of three episodes devoted to the Jedis barely managing to counter his plans.

The fourth one is a spy intrigue one, and reminds me that Anakin is a horrible possessive husband. In season 1 finale he was telling Padme how she should consider their love more important than her work. Then in this episode when he has a job to do for the Jedi he tells her not to take it personally and duty comes first.

Then a very action packed fifth episode as the Jedis try to retake Geonosis. Season 2 started off very strongly.

So just watched from battle of Ryloth to second Geonosis. The three Ryloth episodes were great, breath of fresh air after the silly German mad scientist stereotype two parter, reminding us that civilians pay a heavy price in a war.

Then came Cad Bane, holy cow he is a great addition to the antagonist. And the second season continues with a string of three episodes devoted to the Jedis barely managing to counter his plans.

The fourth one is a spy intrigue one, and reminds me that Anakin is a horrible possessive husband. In season 1 finale he was telling Padme how she should consider their love more important than her work. Then in this episode when he has a job to do for the Jedi he tells her not to take it personally and duty comes first.

Then a very action packed fifth episode as the Jedis try to retake Geonosis. Season 2 started off very strongly.
That German scientist's voice acting was so grating. I haven't rushed back to rewatch it.

Sayers

I really liked the Geonosis arc. I'd never really paid any attention to the Jedi who weren't major characters in the films but those episodes made me a big fan of Luminara and Barriss.

So what is looking like must reads in the Journey to the Force Awakens?

Aftermath is the only book I'm really eyeing right now.

So what is looking like must reads in the Journey to the Force Awakens?

Aftermath is the only book I'm really eyeing right now.

Aftermath's the one I'm most interested in. I'll probably pick up the Shattered Empire trade as well if I enjoy the individual issues. The Smuggler's Run young adult book by Greg Rucka should be worth a read and I might buy Jason Fry's Luke story too.

Kylo Kale.

Aftermath's the one I'm most interested in. I'll probably pick up the Shattered Empire trade as well if I enjoy the individual issues. The Smuggler's Run young adult book by Greg Rucka should be worth a read and I might buy Jason Fry's Luke story too.

Forgot about Shattered Empire. I think that and Aftermath should be enough for me.

It's the first one I'll get to experience with my 7 and 9 year olds, so, I'm in hook, line, and sinker.

I just hope it's watchable. And holds up on repeat viewings. I think I have a pretty low bar for it to clear and I'm cautiously excited.

Had a real geek out SW nerd moment this past weekend, but got to work the Weird Al concert on stage (I'm the trooper of course), and got cuddled and sang too briefly during "the saga begins"

20545737410_049181fa09_z.jpg

curb

Banned
Had a real geek out SW nerd moment this past weekend, but got to work the Weird Al concert on stage (I'm the trooper of course), and got cuddled and sang too briefly during "the saga begins"

Holy crap that's awesome! I had VIP seats for one of his shows last month and I was nerding out just watching that. I can't believe what it would be like to be in the suit.

Holy crap that's awesome! I had VIP seats for one of his shows last month and I was nerding out just watching that. I can't believe what it would be like to be in the suit.

Was such a freaky moment especially him coming up to me like that, we didn't know which trooper he was going to go to ahead of time. Was nerve racking as we had a little dance number we had to learn an hour before and perform in background lol

Haha that's awesome! Good to see that he still sings that too.

He's super nice guy, met with each one of us after, signed anything we wanted and individual pics. He still plays almost all his old songs, tries to stuff most in each of his concerts. Last tour he was on before this one when I saw him, he did the entire Food Album.

graffix13

So Force Friday officially begins on 12:01am on September 4 right?

Two weeks ago I really wasn't interested in anything SW merchandise related but that's taken a turn. Don't think I'll get any figures but definitely want those cards and maybe pick up Aftermath. I may get Shattered Empire too but issue #1 won't be out until Sept. 9 looks like.

Top Bottom