• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Looks like the story actually comes from Slashfilm, which was picked up via a translation by a boardmember at StarWars7News.

So it's still up in the air as to whether shooting starts in March, or Del Toro's shooting starts in March.

I'm inclined to say the latter right now, since this specific game of telephone is already two calls deep before we even GET to slashfilm.

Cheebo

Banned
There is no way production begins only 13 months before the release date in a movie with such a heavy amount of needed post production like this. I bet it is just when he shoots his parts.

Didn't they make quite a fuss about moving back to summer releases? Would be a bit odd to backtrack on that.

I don't know that it'd be any odder than them backtracking on Summer 2015 as Force Awakens date before pushing it to December. In that case, it's due to time and keeping Kennedy and Abrams happy.

But in this case:

1) you keep it in May, you can tie it in with the 40th anniversary, and really use all that free momentum (Star Wars turning 40 is going to be a big deal all by itself) to help situate your film as a massive generation spanning event (think Skyfall reaping the rewards of Bond's 50th birthday).

2) You move it back to December and enjoy the long, long legs that you now know are going to be there thanks to the massive success that The Force Awakens had back in December of 2015, thanks to the dead period of winter and the ability to use the season to your advantage culturally as well (take into account we just had an 18 hour unboxing event livestreamed to prep for shopping season 2015).

I think it's less a question of Tradition and more "which of these two dates is going to ensure the most bank"

Force Awakens' performance is probably going to have a lot to do with this, not to mention the otherwise super-crowded Summer release schedule.

There is no way production begins only 13 months before the release date in a movie with such a heavy amount of needed post production like this. I bet it is just when he shoots his parts.

Eh, you never know. With Disney aiming for yearly Star Wars films, these things are going to be garbage before you even realize.

Raptor

Any higher res of that poster to use as wallpaper?

Or better yet, is there any site that has various wallpapers or art?

:D

Blunoise

The cosplay for Finn has already began, now black people can become 3 different Star wars Characters lol. Im happy

CmCqHum.jpg

Well I work in VFX and am starting on Star Trek Beyond and can tell you that we'll end up with 9 months of post production after shooting completes. Of course some work can be done before/during production as well, but it's pretty short!

so are we expecting Aftermath to hit audible at midnight EST or PST? never used it to get a book at release before

looks like i found out my answer, not in my library in the app and the website says available in 2 hours, which is really odd since that wouldnt be midnight PST either.

non EST digital midnight releases suck for us on the east coast (in KY so dont even identify with the east coast other then the timezone)

Okay so I'm all ready to get through the work day

Is Aftermath on the Audible store then I assume? Dark Disciple wasn't, not on the UK one at least. Book isn't out until 10th here though, super gutted.

As an aside, looks like Comixology have a Star Wars collections sale going on. Link. All Legends stuff but some of it is pretty cool. Does anyone know if the Japanese Adaptations are any good? I might pick those up.

ghostmind

For those of you playing Star Wars Card Trader, they released a set of 8 beautiful Force Awakens cards last night. Only available for a few days however.

curb

Banned
For those of you playing Star Wars Card Trader, they released a set of 8 beautiful Force Awakens cards last night. Only available for a few days however.

I open the app every day to get credits and never spend them. 200k spent and one new TFA card found. The odds are not in my favor. 850k left in the bank but buying card packs is rather tedious.

JimiNutz

Banned
Just started The Clone Wars.
The movie was pretty forgettable and I can see why critics didn't like it but only two episodes into season one and I like it a lot more than I expected.
Can't wait for it to get even better.

John Williams soundtrack is now available for Pre-Order:

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-st...oundtrack-arrives-december-18?linkId=16809344

With Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the stunning music of John Williams is returning to a galaxy far, far away — and to your record collection.

StarWars.com is thrilled to announce that Williams’ soundtrack for Star Wars: The Force Awakens will hit stores on December 18, the same day as the movie’s release, and is now available for pre-order. Williams’ stirring, romantic compositions are a key component of the Star Wars saga, and among the most well-known music in film history. With new characters, worlds, and surprises on the horizon, the legacy of powerful, moving Star Wars music continues.

No track spoilers as far as I can tell.

BFIB

Just started The Clone Wars.
The movie was pretty forgettable and I can see why critics didn't like it but only two episodes into season one and I like it a lot more than I expected.
Can't wait for it to get even better.

First two seasons are a little rough, but season 3 the show really picks up.

The Star Wars website has updated some of it's Force Awakens databank entries. Some interesting details in there. Nothing new for people who've been reading spoilers but Starkiller Base's entry is worth reading.

Sayers

First two seasons are a little rough, but season 3 the show really picks up.

People told me that when I first watched it too but I really like Seasons 1 and 2. The show does get even better starting in season 3 but I think the first 2 seasons are pretty great on their own merits.

Gravidee

He's still getting the hang of things. If anything, it just continues the pattern of first time lightsaber users not really appreciating the danger of what they're holding:

Obligatory:

get-attachment-1.aspx.jpeg

I'm surprised we haven't heard/seen people cut/kill themselves just turning on the thing out of curiosity.

El Topo

I'm surprised we haven't heard/seen people cut/kill themselves just turning on the thing out of curiosity.

Let's just assume there's a sensor somewhere that makes it impossible to turn the lightsaber on if there is something in its way. Simple enough.

graffix13

People told me that when I first watched it too but I really like Seasons 1 and 2. The show does get even better starting in season 3 but I think the first 2 seasons are pretty great on their own merits.

Agree! Love S1 and S2.

For those who have read Aftermath:
Mr. Bones sounds like an awesome character. How much is he in the book?

See above. Probably so as not to spoil the film like last time.

Nah.

Music doesn't spoil the movie. Never has. If anything, being familiar with the music AS music before you see it in context enhances the scene.

Also just because someone let "Qui Gon's Noble End" onto a tracklisting back in 1999 doesn't mean it's going to happen again. It's been 15 years and it's maybe the most knee-jerk reaction anyone in the fandom has to the word Soundtrack.

Nah.

Music doesn't spoil the movie. Never has. If anything, being familiar with the music AS music before you see it in context enhances the scene.

Also just because someone let "Qui Gon's Noble End" onto a tracklisting back in 1999 doesn't mean it's going to happen again. It's been 15 years and it's maybe the most knee-jerk reaction anyone in the fandom has to the word Soundtrack.

I hear what your saying, but look at the Uber-Anti-Spoiler Wall Disney has dropped this time around. They ain't takin' no chances.

I hear what your saying, but look at the Uber-Anti-Spoiler Wall Disney has dropped this time around. They ain't takin' no chances.

I know. I was just hoping the music would roll under the door, Indy Jones style.

I guess there's still the possibility it'll leak once it hits the duplication studios. Whenever that is.

curb

Banned
Solo C-3P0 comic incoming

COFerRtWUAA_-JC.jpg

Today, Marvel announced Star Wars Special: C-3P0 #1, a new story from the Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens publishing program coming in December. Reuniting acclaimed and award-winning writer and artist team of James Robinson and Tony Harris for the first time in nearly two decades, the tale follows “golden rod” on a solo adventure leading up to his appearance in Star Wars: The Force Awakens — and reveals how he received his red arm.

graffix13

All four C-3P0 fans are going to be so overjoyed.

I'm in. Even though the explanation on how he lost his arm will probably be uneventful.

I am hoping he was attacked my a flock of mynocks and they chewed it off....but I'm not holding my breath.

Top Bottom