• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
darth vader infinity looks dope, will cope one for my desk

latest

Hagi

Waiting to see how the light up lightsabers work before getting any more Jedi/Sith Inifinty characters. Still getting the Luke and Leia playset that comes out next month and probably Han and Chewie. Ahsoka is my favourite of the ones I have and she's cool to play in the game.

curb

Banned
Waiting to see how the light up lightsabers work before getting any more Jedi/Sith Inifinty characters. Still getting the Luke and Leia playset that comes out next month and probably Han and Chewie. Ahsoka is my favourite of the ones I have and she's cool to play in the game.

Isn't that next week?

Hagi

Isn't that next week?

2nd of October here so yeah but still next month lol

wonder when they are going to show the Force Awakens set I know we've already seen Rey and Finn but it'll be interesting to see if they make a Captain Phasma or Poe figure

graffix13

Having watched seasons 1-5 of TCW on DVD, I can officially join in on being a fan. Thinking of making a thread about it actually.

A TCW OT? Sounds great!

Speaking of....I finished S3 last night. I really like the last two episodes with
Ahsoka being kidnapped and then hunted by Trandoshans on a barren planet. My only complaint was that Chewbacca was in it. I was excited to see a Wookie, because I knew from prior EU stuff that Wookies and Trandoshans have a natural hatred for one another and really I see no reason why the new canon would do away with such a little interesting fact. But once they showed the Wookie in the light I thought "Oh please don't be Chewbacca. How about we get a new Wookie character?" But, nope. It was Chewbacca alright. Why does every story involving Wookie's have to have Chewbacca? They put in him RotS too. I like the character, but there are thousands of other Wookies running around.

curb

Banned
2nd of October here so yeah but still next month lol

I thought it was Tuesday. I haven't paid that much attention though since I bought the Saga Bundle.

A TCW OT? Sounds great!

Speaking of....I finished S3 last night. I really like the last two episodes with
Ahsoka being kidnapped and then hunted by Trandoshans on a barren planet. My only complaint was that Chewbacca was in it. I was excited to see a Wookie, because I knew from prior EU stuff that Wookies and Trandoshans have a natural hatred for one another and really I see no reason why the new canon would do away with such a little interesting fact. But once they showed the Wookie in the light I thought "Oh please don't be Chewbacca. How about we get a new Wookie character?" But, nope. It was Chewbacca alright. Why does every story involving Wookie's have to have Chewbacca? They put in him RotS too. I like the character, but there are thousands of other Wookies running around.

I find that stuff like that makes the galaxy seem unnecessarily small.

Hagi

I thought it was Tuesday. I haven't paid that much attention though since I bought the Saga Bundle.

Ah we traded a bunch of stuff in and only paid like £2 for the normal edition, Sabine, the Inside Out playset and Sadness. Boba Fett looks really cool I'll just get him when he comes out in January I think.

graffix13

darth vader infinity looks dope, will cope one for my desk

latest

Yep, can't wait. Getting him and the Empire playset next week for sure. I've run through the Republic playset multiple times.

I have been playing Boba Fett and he's my favorite. I unlocked his jetpack ability yesterday and it's so much fun. Much better than the Buzz Lightyear jetpack you can pick up in the Toy Box because you can actually hover and shoot stuff. Although the Buzz jetpack seems to be faster.

curb

Banned
Ah we traded a bunch of stuff in and only paid like £2 for the normal edition, Sabine, the Inside Out playset and Sadness. Boba Fett looks really cool I'll just get him when he comes out in January I think.

Yep, can't wait. Getting him and the Empire playset next week for sure. I've run through the Republic playset multiple times.

I have been playing Boba Fett and he's my favorite. I unlocked his jetpack ability yesterday and it's so much fun. Much better than the Buzz Lightyear jetpack you can pick up in the Toy Box because you can actually hover and shoot stuff. Although the Buzz jetpack seems to be faster.

I like the Boba Fett figure - he looks fantastic. I've never been overly fond of the flying in Infinity too. He flies just like Iron Man and it just feels a little... clunky.

Rise Against the Empire is good. I didn't like it as much as Twilight of the Republic but that's mostly due to the structure. You have to grind out a lot of coins doing side quests to progress. The vehicle stuff in Empire is so great. The two Death Star battles are so much fun.

graffix13

I like the Boba Fett figure - he looks fantastic. I've never been overly fond of the flying in Infinity too. He flies just like Iron Man and it just feels a little... clunky.

Rise Against the Empire is good. I didn't like it as much as Twilight of the Republic but that's mostly due to the structure. You have to grind out a lot of coins doing side quests to progress. The vehicle stuff in Empire is so great. The two Death Star battles are so much fun.

Yeah I never played the 2.0 version (even though I'm a huge Marvel comics fan) so no experience with Iron Man. The flying is a little clunky, but since I have no basis to compare it to, I'll take it.

So we have the Empire set, Republic set, and the TFA set coming in....November or December? Finn and Rey have been confirmed. Probably get Kylo too. I would think we'll get more than 3. Poe and Phasma probably?

Also looking forward to Battlefront and the re-release of the older Star Wars games (Bounty Hunter, Super Star Wars). We are not getting an official TFA game, are we? I remember we did with Revenge of the Sith. Phantom Menance too. I can't recall if we did with Attack of the Clones...if we did I never played it.

I was looking forward to playing the Uncharted Collection but with all these Star Wars games coming out, I'm just not going to have the time.

curb

Banned
Yeah I never played the 2.0 version (even though I'm a huge Marvel comics fan) so no experience with Iron Man. The flying is a little clunky, but since I have no basis to compare it to, I'll take it.

So we have the Empire set, Republic set, and the TFA set coming in....November or December? Finn and Rey have been confirmed. Probably get Kylo too. I would think we'll get more than 3. Poe and Phasma probably?

Also looking forward to Battlefront and the re-release of the older Star Wars games (Bounty Hunter, Super Star Wars). We are not getting an official TFA game, are we? I remember we did with Revenge of the Sith. Phantom Menance too. I can't recall if we did with Attack of the Clones...if we did I never played it.

I was looking forward to playing the Uncharted Collection but with all these Star Wars games coming out, I'm just not going to have the time.

I think those three characters are fairly safe bets. Really hoping for a Phasma.

Sayers

I think we're better off. Movie games are never great. I'm glad EA isn't going that route; Battlefront looks awesome and I'm even more excited about Amy Henning's Star Wars game.

As an aside, you should find time to play the Uncharted Collection at some point. Those games are fantastic.

curb

Banned
I think we're better off. Movie games are never great. I'm glad EA isn't going that route; Battlefront looks awesome and I'm even more excited about Amy Henning's Star Wars game.

The quality of the two Disney Infinity Star Wars play sets give me hope that the Force Awakens set will also be just as good. Since I know I don't enjoy Battlefront in general, DI is the best Star Wars game I've played in a long time.

My bit of skepticism comes from how the Hall of Galactic Heroes thing is laid out in-game. It looks like four heroes and one villain for TFA but of course, that's hardly definitive.

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that. Kylo would definitely come before Phasma. Well, I have to think even if Phasma isn't in 3.0, she'll have to be in 4.0, right? They won't skip her entirely, will they?

curb

Banned
Ooh, I hadn't thought of that. Kylo would definitely come before Phasma. Well, I have to think even if Phasma isn't in 3.0, she'll have to be in 4.0, right? They won't skip her entirely, will they?

I hope not. Fan reaction to her character so far makes me think that her inclusion should be a certainty. If there are only three new main hero characters in the movie then to me there's no reason not to do a Kylo and a Phasma for the other two.

I'm acting as if there are five TFA figures coming - I have no idea where I got that from but I feel as though it has some basis in fact. Maybe the Hall of Heroes thing.

Hagi

could easily see Finn and Rey being the playset and Kylo Ren, Phasma and either Poe, Luke or Han being the normal figures.

could easily see Finn and Rey being the playset and Kylo Ren, Phasma and either Poe, Luke or Han being the normal figures.

I haven't really been following Infinity news but aren't Finn and Rey the only two Force Awakens figures that have been shown so far? Seems logical they'd come with the playset.

curb

Banned

I doubt the will do new figures for Luke and Han especially Luke given
how little he's likely in TFA
. If anything, there'll be costume changing power discs.

I haven't really been following Infinity news but aren't Finn and Rey the only two Force Awakens figures that have been shown so far? Seems logical they'd come with the playset.

Yes, they're the only two and I'll bet they come with the play set.

Yeah, they're the only two revealed as far as I know. And it makes sense for Finn and Rey to be bundled with the playset, since that would continue the trend of one male and one female per playset. They also seem to be the primary characters of the film, and their stories clearly overlap significantly, so everything points at them being in the TFA playset.

Meowster

As an aside, you should find time to play the Uncharted Collection at some point. Those games are fantastic.
Awe. I remember having the time of my life to the ROTS game for a solid year..

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
They did such a great job with the figures in 3.0. I want to get an extra Ahsoka for desk purposes but ebay prices in Canada are still stupidly high.

i don't even play the game, i just wanted some small figures for my desk.

gonna watch the Return of Maul TCW arc soon - if it endears me to the character i'll get his & Kylo Ren's infinity figures to complete a nice little set

curb

Banned
What's the consensus for the Princess Leia and Lando comics? I've heard some good stuff.

I've enjoyed them. I haven't found them to be as good as the main Star Wars or Vader comics but I think they're worth checking out.

Unrelated: oh man, the doctor from the Blue Shadow Virus episodes. Fifth time through the series and I just... I don't know.

Any podcast recommendations? I'm listening to Full of Sith right now, and am looking for something with similarly good production values/synergy.

graffix13

How were the other SW games coming with the Battlefront Pre Order: Racer Revenge and Jedi Starfighter? Is the Racer Revenge game the Podracer game? I have heard good things about that one.

Sayers

Ok so I rewatched "The Lost One" episode of Season 6 of TCW and I remain confused by a couple of points. I'll put them in spoilers since I know many regulars are still working their way through the series.
If Sifo Dyas died in the shuttle crash, whose body was cremated on Felucia? And who was the Jedi traveling with him?

JDHarbs

How were the other SW games coming with the Battlefront Pre Order: Racer Revenge and Jedi Starfighter? Is the Racer Revenge game the Podracer game? I have heard good things about that one.
Episode I Racer is an absolute classic arcade racing game, but Racer Revenge is actually the terrible sequel that barely resembles the original game. The Starfighter games are okay, but the X-Wing/TIE Fighter series and Rogue Squadron games do Star Wars dogfighting better.

Tizoc

Anyone got any theories why Ep. 1 Racer wasn't the one chosen over Racer revenge?

I had a great time with the Lord of the Rings Two Towers game too but good movie/licensed games are so rare.

More like uncommon than rare IMO.

JDHarbs

Anyone got any theories why Ep. 1 Racer wasn't the one chosen over Racer revenge?
All of those free games in the bundle are just PS2 Classics. Episode I Racer was an N64/Dreamcast/PC title so it will never be available through that service.

The best chance of seeing it available digitally would be through gog and steam.

Tizoc

All of those free games in the bundle are just PS2 Classics. Episode I Racer was an N64/Dreamcast/PC title so it will never be available through that service.

The best chance of seeing it available digitally would be through gog and steam.

Oh I see. Thought it did have a PS2 release.
Well the PC ver. could be 'remastered' for consoles :p

I'm imagining this part is Chewbacca's reaction to my A-Wing piloting in X-Wing Miniatures.

fa57nWD.png
Any idea when Chewbacca is taking place? Other then the general time between a new Hope and Empire strike back? I'm kinda hoping (spoilers for Star Wars #9)
Its when he goes to try saving Luke. It fits. He's not out with Han.

graffix13

Unrelated: oh man, the doctor from the Blue Shadow Virus episodes. Fifth time through the series and I just... I don't know.

I just watched the first 3 episodes of S4 and I have to say Biff Tannen...err, Riff Tamson is so, so much worse. I mean....a shark villain, really?! The only part I enjoyed with him in it was when
he was fighting Prince Lee-Char and he went out Jaws style. Like...literally. The only part that was missing from that sequence was Lee-Char saying "Smile, you son of a....". At that point, why not put it in?

Episode I Racer is an absolute classic arcade racing game, but Racer Revenge is actually the terrible sequel that barely resembles the original game. The Starfighter games are okay, but the X-Wing/TIE Fighter series and Rogue Squadron games do Star Wars dogfighting better.

Thanks, fellow KC bro! Our magic number is 2!!

curb

Banned
I just watched the first 3 episodes of S4 and I have to say Biff Tannen...err, Riff Tamson is so, so much worse. I mean....a shark villain, really?! The only part I enjoyed with him in it was when
he was fighting Prince Lee-Char and he went out Jaws style. Like...literally. The only part that was missing from that sequence was Lee-Char saying "Smile, you son of a....". At that point, why not put it in?

I'd personally take the shark guy over the Blue Shadow Virus guy.

Top Bottom