• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Fj0823

Any particular reason she isn't enjoying it?

She says watching random battles of a War is not exciting when you know how it all ends.

The only thing that's caught her attention besides Ahsoka are the clones, she's really curious about then being all friendly with the Jedi, she pictured them as battle machines, but she's liked to see them having personalities.

She quickly theorized that maybe the clones were forced to carry order 66 through some "genetic code" in their brains.

At least her theories are getting better, but so far she's only enjoyed the clone episodes, and the Padme episodes

I just finished reading Aftermath. It was ok, I guess.

Do they have the whole Jedi - Awakens 30 year gap planned out already? It took quite a number of years for the EU to reach that far out in time, and I don't want them to have to write backwards just to fit future events (we've seen how that turns out).

Do they have the whole Jedi - Awakens 30 year gap planned out already? It took quite a number of years for the EU to reach that far out in time, and I don't want them to have to write backwards just to fit future events (we've seen how that turns out).
There's no chance they have the whole gap planned out already. There'll be content set in that time period for years to come.

I assume they just have a general idea of what's going to happen. Probably not much specific. The 19 years between 3 and 4 is still mostly unfilled so I would think they can plan it out without filling too much in.

There's no chance they have the whole gap planned out already. There'll be content set in that time period for years to come.

I wonder though, is there a skeleton map of major events over that period, or did the Force Awakens writers just say "fuck it, we're starting the characters here and the novelists can figure the rest out?"

It'll be interesting to see how much they actually refer to the thirty year gap in the film. A brief summary in the opening crawl and some other bits and pieces I guess but I can't see them wanting to dawdle on it too long.

Gravidee

She says watching random battles of a War is not exciting when you know how it all ends.

This is more or less why I'm showing this series to my cousin before ROTS. I can only pray that she doesn't accidentally catch some sort of 6-movie marathon playing on TV before I get to finish showing TCW to her.

I wonder though, is there a skeleton map of major events over that period, or did the Force Awakens writers just say "fuck it, we're starting the characters here and the novelists can figure the rest out?"
I expect everything is being based around JJ and Kasdan's story, yeah. The novel/comic writers will be working around their ideas. The films are the basis of the franchise after all. Lucasfilm refreshed the canon so the film makers would have a clean slate to work with.

graffix13

I hope we get stories, or maybe even a spin off movie set in the 30 year gap between RotJ and TFA. Maybe a Jedi Academy series of sorts.

JDHarbs

We're working on the OT for Battlefront right now and wanted to see StarWarsGAF's ideas for the thread title.

If anyone has any, I'd love to hear them.

Will the Star Wars Stories films have the opening fanfare / scroll?

I wouldn't mind them coming up with something similar to the Skywalker Saga ones, but unique. Kind of like how TCW changed up the 'far, far away' text.

Star Wars Battlefront: You Can Play as Jar Jar!

I wonder if George has seen the movie already, or maybe he wants to watch it at release with his family

It's been screened at least twice, so far as I know. I dont' believe he was at either one. He's said he wants to wait til release, so I figure he'll do that, unless he's invited to one of the premieres, which he probably will be.

Will the Star Wars Stories films have the opening fanfare / scroll?

I'm betting they will, just no episode number.

We're working on the OT for Battlefront right now and wanted to see StarWarsGAF's ideas for the thread title.

If anyone has any, I'd love to hear them.

Wait to see how it turns out first. You may end up with:

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| More Unplayable Than Battlefield 4

Wait to see how it turns out first. You may end up with:

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| More Unplayable Than Battlefield 4

lack-of-faith-disturbing.gif

Fingers crossed it's not.

Altairre

The only thing that's caught her attention besides Ahsoka are the clones, she's really curious about then being all friendly with the Jedi, she pictured them as battle machines, but she's liked to see them having personalities.

She quickly theorized that maybe the clones were forced to carry order 66 through some "genetic code" in their brains.

At least her theories are getting better, but so far she's only enjoyed the clone episodes, and the Padme episodes

Interesting, that's basically why I like Clone Wars as much as I do. It fleshes out the part that should be the most interesting thing about the prequels but is just kind of glossed over. It allows them to tell really interesting self contained stories. They still have to deal with a bunch of dumb shit that was introduced in the prequels (Jar Jar, idiot droids etc.) but I think they did a really good job with that especially in the later seasons.

Everything that they just told you about in the prequels like the friendship between Obi-Wan and Anakin, the tremendous cost of the war (the humanisation of the clones works wonders here), how the Jedi Order is kind of fucked up or Anakin's slow transition to the dark side without him just being a jerk is all in the show. In the prequels it feels like they have action just for the action's sake but in Clone Wars it is often used for storytelling purposes or to develop a character (while looking incredibly good at the same time). Kinda makes those movies better in retrospect (they're still terrible though). I'd say that how they deal with Anakin's arc is actually improved because you know where it will eventually end.

The series has its flaws obviously and the weaker episodes really aren't that much fun but at its best it's fucking great.

Tizoc

When does Clone Wars CGI start looking better? Season 3 or 4?

I really feel bad for the poor Separatists' Battle Droid's they have such cute voices but tend t die painful deaths :p

EDIT: Wait I'm watching EP. 6 of Season 1 and when did the Republic suffer grave defeats from Grievous? He failed like 2 times in the previous episodes!

Sayers

I really feel bad for the poor Separatists' Battle Droid's they have such cute voices but tend t die painful deaths :p

EDIT: Wait I'm watching EP. 6 of Season 1 and when did the Republic suffer grave defeats from Grievous? He failed like 2 times in the previous episodes!

Presumably the war has been going on for some time by the time the show starts

Tizoc

You know this R2D2 two parter in Season 1 could've been easily resolved if Anakin jedi mind tricked the Droid seller guy.
Unless his species is immune to the mind trick?

Gravidee

You'll probably start to notice improved lighting by the end of season 1. Animation and lighting ramp up in season 2, and by season 3 you finally get advanced particle effects such as water, explosions, smoke, etc.

Don't look at this video if you don't want to be spoiled, but the trailer for season 5 demonstrates a night and day difference between what you are experiencing now all the way to pretty much the end of the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY1uKLTWnC4

Just started the first episode of season 4...

HOLY CRAP CAP'N ACKBAR! "It's an attack!" I'm stupidly excited about this!

So far the guest characters have been a bit of a let down for me, but this one has been top notch so far!

curb

Banned
Watching that trailer gave me a surge of feelings man...

Season 5 was amazing

I was just watching the
Ahsoka prison escape
scene this morning. What a great arc. That whole season I pretty much top tier
well, except maybe the tiny droid general

Sayers

You know this R2D2 two parter in Season 1 could've been easily resolved if Anakin jedi mind tricked the Droid seller guy.
Unless his species is immune to the mind trick?

Force Powers are used inconsistently throughout ALL of Star Wars though. In fact, it seems like 90% of the time they use a mind trick only for the recipient to say "those don't work on me, lulz". You would think the Jedi would have better knowledge of how their own powers work and who they work on. Otherwise, you risk outing yourself as a Jedi by trying it on someone it doesn't work on and additionally you have poisoned every interaction you have with that individual from then on.

Watching that trailer gave me a surge of feelings man...

Season 5 was amazing
Yeah, it's my favourite trailer for my favourite series. Season 5 was a really satisfying and slightly heartbreaking ending for a lot of plot threads. I rewatched the Order 66 arc from Season 6 today.
Poor Fives. He deserved better. :(

gpn

Based on that QA thread...

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| I Have a Bad Feeling About This

Still have it pre-ordered. I'm part of the problem.

Gravidee

I'll say this about The Clone Wars...there is not such thing as hair is there :p

Continuing on from my last post about improving animation, you start to see more animated hair in season 4, or possibly during late season 3.

And of course there's these two...

Tiplee_and_Tiplar.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Reviews for a bunch of as of yet unreleases Star wars 6" action figures. These will be hitting over the next 8+ weeks at various retailers.

Snowtrooper
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot

and these two just now went up...

General Hux
X-Wing Pilot Asty

I'm really happy with how good Asty looks. While at a glance he's very similar to the 6" Poe Dameron figure (aside from the vary different heads as Asty is an alien species), there's a lot of uniqueness in how their costumes are sculpted and painted.

Toxi

Banned
Reviews for a bunch of as of yet unreleases Star wars 6" action figures. These will be hitting over the next 8+ weeks at various retailers.

Snowtrooper

General Hux
X-Wing Pilot Asty

I'm really happy with how good Asty looks. While at a glance he's very similar to the 6" Poe Dameron figure (aside from the vary different heads as Asty is an alien species), there's a lot of uniqueness in how their costumes are sculpted and painted.
Hope Asty gets some decent screentime, I love seeing aliens in the Rebel Alliance Resistance.

Snowtrooper

General Hux
X-Wing Pilot Asty

Glad to see Hux actually looks like Domhnall Gleeson after Poe's figure. Asty does look good as well.
Hello Nasty.

A few interesting quotes from Tim Rose who's reprising his role as Ackbar.

ROSE, who played Admiral Ackbar in Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983), reprises his role for the highly anticipated seventh movie but can reveal very little about his character or the film.

"I'm very frustrated by that," Rose told AAP in Sydney. Secrecy surrounding the movie is at an all-time high and Rose said this makes it harder for him to do his job. "Out of the need to be secret, we're not actually able to get everything we need to do our jobs as well as we could," he said. "And as someone who has been doing it for 35 years, I find it very frustrating."

With the return of Jedi writer Lawrence Kasdan (alongside JJ Abrams) and original cast members including Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill, expectations for a return to form with this new film are high. "What I can say about the new movie is that if you were a fan of the original three, you're going to absolutely love this one to bits," Rose said. And if Rose's very veiled hints are anything to go by, there will be more original players returning to the franchise. "You can expect a smorgasbord of people you love," he said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/latest-news/tim-rose-frustrated-at-star-wars-secrecy/story-fn3dxiwe-1227544372809

Imperial

Glad to see Hux actually looks like Domhnall Gleeson after Poe's figure. Asty does look good as well.
Hello Nasty.

A few interesting quotes from Tim Rose who's reprising his role as Ackbar.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/latest-news/tim-rose-frustrated-at-star-wars-secrecy/story-fn3dxiwe-1227544372809

Once again, major props to JJ for sticking with practical effects.

If only Wedge and Lando reprised their roles, the circle would then be complete.

Top Bottom