• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Toxi

Banned
Well Wedge certainly won't be back but I'd be very surprised if we don't see Lando in the sequel trilogy, especially after he turned up in Rebels.
I'm wondering if they're holding him back for the second movie so they still have some new things to tug at fans' nostalgia when that film comes around.

Whatever's the case, I'll be glad to see Billy Dee Williams again when he does appear.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm guessing there are many Aftermath readers in here, I really wanna pick it up just for the story info leading up to TFA but I've heard such mixed things... I've started Shattered Empire (comic), do the stories there overlap at all?

I'm wondering if they're holding him back for the second movie so they still have some new things to tug at fans' nostalgia when that film comes around.

Whatever's the case, I'll be glad to see Billy Dee Williams again when he does appear.

If I'm watching Episode VII and I hear "You old pirate..." or something off screen I'm going to audibly screech. If Billy Dee's back I would be so damned happy. I mean it'd make sense for him to be there, this is not knowing basically any of the story speculation.

Imperial

Well Wedge certainly won't be back but I'd be very surprised if we don't see Lando in the sequel trilogy, especially after he turned up in Rebels.

True, and his cameo in Rebels was definitely a welcome surprise. Still, I honestly do feel kinda bad for Billy Dee, almost every single cast member from the OT was called back except for him!

Fj0823

I just want to say, Fuck Latin Disney XD

Their dubs are horrible, Cartoon Networks The Clone Wars was perfect, every dub actor from the movies reprised their roles flawlessly

Now Latin XD has all these talentless hacks dubbing every single one of their shows. Rebels is no exception.The only notorious voice actor they got is the voice of Optimus Prime, in the role of...Darth Vader

That's right, I keep expecting him to say "Transform and roll out"

When Dipper Pines, Spiderman, Marco from Star vs, and Ezra all have the same freaking bored voice, you know you have a problem

I'm guessing there are many Aftermath readers in here, I really wanna pick it up just for the story info leading up to TFA but I've heard such mixed things... I've started Shattered Empire (comic), do the stories there overlap at all?

I read it. There's very little that I felt sets up TFA. It's rather small in scope (imo) and deals with some surviving imperial leaders bickering over the chain of command and their next moves. If anything, I'd say it's more of a lead up to the supposed Jakku battle which will probably be a spin off movie or novel or something.

There's no overlap with the comic that I recall.

Fj0823

I can't find anything online that credits him in any Star Wars animated voice-acting role, much less Darth Vader in Spanish.

You got a screencap or something?

I meant the Latin American Actor well-known for his role as Optimus Prime.

Name is Blas Garcìa, pretty talented guy, but terrible as Vader

The late Federico Romano dubbed Vader in all previous movies and shows starting with the re release in the 90`s (Original guy infamously sucked). For young latin americans, this guy was our James Earl Jones, see clip above

Dennis Lawson said he wasnt doing any more star wars. So if he came back i would have to be a different actor.

They could easily do that. I don't thing Wedge had such an iconic look that he couldn't be recast.

Hell, Wedge was two different actors in Star Wars.

(the guy that initially says "That's impossible, even for a computer!" was Wedge. His actor got fired after that line delivery.)

Not to sound morbid, but Wedge would be a great character to kill off in a piece of Imperial-POV interim fiction, be it a book, Stories film, comic or game.

He's a hero of the Rebels, recognizable to the casual fan, and likely won't be featured in the Sequels.

Toxi

Banned
I don't really care about Wedge beyond him removing one agility dice from my opponents in X-Wing. He's pretty much a non-entity.

But Lando needs to come back.

Tizoc

Do the people who were writing Season 1 of the 3D Clone Wars series not know a thing about geography?
How can a friggin' planet not have food? IT'S A PLANET!

If' it were a space colony/settlement kind of thing, then yes I'd get the need for food and supply, but we're talking a planet here, how the hell can it not have plants or whatever for the civilizations to live off of?

Do the people who were writing Season 1 of the 3D Clone Wars series not know a thing about geography?

If' it were a space colony/settlement kind of thing, then yes I'd get the need for food and supply, but we're talking a planet here, how the hell can it not have plants or whatever for the civilizations to live off of?

The same way any stupendously large body of land can run out of food: politics.

Gravidee

The same way that people can still starve in large area, war-torn countries?

Toxi

Banned

The Clone Wars has no sense of scale. There are several episodes where a character looking for something is told the planet that thing is on and somehow that narrows it down easily.

The series occasionally even contradicts itself on scale; in one episode
thousands of colonists are kidnapped into slavery.
A few episodes later,
the Jedi rescue a few dozen of them and apparently that counts as saving the people.

One of my few gripes about the series that has stayed constant each season.

Toxi

Banned
So I just learned the gunships for Plo Koon's squadron are nicknamed "Plo's Bros" and have this logo painted on them.

tumblr_n82oc5KS291r9ypu6o1_500.png

That's amazing.

Cindres

I read it. There's very little that I felt sets up TFA. It's rather small in scope (imo) and deals with some surviving imperial leaders bickering over the chain of command and their next moves. If anything, I'd say it's more of a lead up to the supposed Jakku battle which will probably be a spin off movie or novel or something.

There's no overlap with the comic that I recall.

Ehhh, I think I'll hold out and just stick with the comic for now. Intrigued as to where that's going as the name
Dameron
was mentioned in the first issue - but not
the same Dameron from the new movie.

The book's the first of a trilogy or something though right? If that's the case I'll hold out for the next one or two and wait to hear whether they add anything.

Cheebo

Banned
The Clone Wars has no sense of scale. There are several episodes where a character looking for something is told the planet that thing is on and somehow that narrows it down easily.

The series occasionally even contradicts itself on scale; in one episode
thousands of colonists are kidnapped into slavery.
A few episodes later,
the Jedi rescue a few dozen of them and apparently that counts as saving the people.

One of my few gripes about the series that has stayed constant each season.
The movies are just as guilty as this.

There is a rumor Grievous is in the Utapau system in ROTS. Obi-Wan lands in the exact city he happens to be in.

Obi-Wan traces Jango's dart to Kamino in AOTC, he happens to land at the front door of the building the Clones are being built.

In Empire Strikes Back a single Probe Droid lands on Hoth and does so right outside the Rebel base.

Also in Empire Luke is told to go to Dagobah and crashes right next to Yoda's home.

Cindres

There is a rumor Grievous is in the Utapau system in ROTS. Obi-Wan lands in the exact city he happens to be in.

Obi-Wan traces Jango's dart to Kamino in AOTC, he happens to land at the front door of the building the Clones are being built.

In Empire Strikes Back a single Probe Droid lands on Hoth and does so right outside the Rebel base.

Also in Empire Luke is told to go to Dagobah and crashes right next to Yoda's home.

To be fair on these 2, I'm assuming there isn't much else going on on Kamino?

As for Hoth, they did send out many, many probe droids, what happened was kinda what they were sent out to do.

curb

Banned

Just like Utapau, Luke's told to go to the Dagobah system and seemingly manages to find the right planet on the first try.

Fj0823

To be fair on these 2, I'm assuming there isn't much else going on on Kamino?

As for Hoth, they did send out many, many probe droids, what happened was kinda what they were sent out to do.

Obi Wan also questions some locals to find Grievous in Utapau.

JimiNutz

Banned
Finally finished Season 5 of TCW and it was easily the best season.

Seasons 1-3 were ok but definitely not that great and I felt like there was a lot of filler and throwaway arcs that I could have quite happily skipped.

Season 4 was better but still didn't really blow me away and I was starting to think that maybe I didn't love Star Wars as much as I thought I did, or that the show just wasn't for me.

Luckily Season 5 was a huge step up and I enjoyed that season more than any of the prequel movies. My only disappointment was the lack of resolution at the end of Season 5 and I was definitely left wanting to see more!

My question now is, is Season 6 good? Can I expect the same high quality as Season 5 or is it more like the earlier seasons? There are only 13 episodes so I'm hoping that there isn't any filler. Is there any sense of resolution? Like does season 6 cleanly lead into Episode III ROTS?

curb

Banned
Finally finished Season 5 of TCW and it was easily the best season.

Seasons 1-3 were ok but definitely not that great and I felt like there was a lot of filler and throwaway arcs that I could have quite happily skipped.

Season 4 was better but still didn't really blow me away and I was starting to think that maybe I didn't love Star Wars as much as I thought I did, or that the show just wasn't for me.

Luckily Season 5 was a huge step up and I enjoyed that season more than any of the prequel movies. My only disappointment was the lack of resolution at the end of Season 5 and I was definitely left wanting to see more!

My question now is, is Season 6 good? Can I expect the same high quality as Season 5 or is it more like the earlier seasons? There are only 13 episodes so I'm hoping that there isn't any filler. Is there any sense of resolution? Like does season 6 cleanly lead into Episode III ROTS?

There's a bit of resolution from season five that happens in Star Wars Rebels. As for season six, it's good but I personally didn't like it quite as much as five. There's an arc that connects to RotS but not cleanly like 2D Clone Wars was meant to. The season still feels like it leaves the series unfinished.

Of course they always land in the right location. It's called the plot Force guys.

Or maybe a better in-universe explanation is that these Outer Rim planets tend to only have a handful of major cities.

sphagnum

Banned
Season 6 is the best season. It's too bad it was cut short.

5 wastes half its season with Ahsoka and the Circus Troupe and Meeber Gascon's Comedy Show.

curb

Banned
Season 6 is the best season. It's too bad it was cut short.

5 wastes half its season with Ahsoka and the Circus Troupe and Meeber Gascon's Comedy Show.

I'll give you the Gascon arc but I like that whole youngling arc. I tolerate the circus part because I love Hondo.

JimiNutz

Banned
There's a bit of resolution from season five that happens in Star Wars Rebels. As for season six, it's good but I personally didn't like it quite as much as five. There's an arc that connects to RotS but not cleanly like 2D Clone Wars was meant to. The season still feels like it leaves the series unfinished.

Yeah I actually started watching Rebels before TCW but stopped half way through as thought I should watch TCW first - will definitely pick up Rebels again once I'm done with Season 6.

Sad to hear that Season 6 isn't quite up to Season 5, although I guess that's pretty subjective.

Now I just need to wait for Amazon Germany to deliver my Season 6 Blu Ray (no idea why they don't sell it in the UK?!)

curb

Banned
Yeah I actually started watching Rebels before TCW but stopped half way through as thought I should watch TCW first - will definitely pick up Rebels again once I'm done with Season 6.

Sad to hear that Season 6 isn't quite up to Season 5, although I guess that's pretty subjective.

Now I just need to wait for Amazon Germany to deliver my Season 6 Blu Ray (no idea why they don't sell it in the UK?!)

Absolutely. I've seen people in this thread talk about liking that season the most. I definitely think it's among the better seasons - just not my favorite.

Cheebo

Banned
I find Season 6 far and away the best season of the bunch. The Qui-Gon/Yoda arc is the best in the entire series I think.

curb

Banned
I find Season 6 far and away the best season of the bunch. The Qui-Gon/Yoda arc is the best in the entire series I think.

I find the Force mysticism in that arc a little offputting. To me it's too much explanation on the magical side in the same way that I think midi-chlorians is too much explanation on a scientific side. I personally like it when the Force is just this big black-box mystery.

Sayers

How can Season 6 be the best one, it doesn't have
Ahsoka
in it. It is pretty good though.

God damn it, sorry! But that's not entirely true.

graffix13

I find the Force mysticism in that arc a little offputting. To me it's too much explanation on the magical side in the same way that I think midi-chlorians is too much explanation on a scientific side. I personally like it when the Force is just this big black-box mystery.

YES! I agree 100%.

Before starting TCW from the beginning I was skipping around and watched that last arc from S6. I didn't care for it due to those exact reasons.

Gravidee

jj-abrams-mystery-box.jpg

JJ probably thinks so too.

curb

Banned
JJ probably thinks so too.

I had thought about that as I was typing it. I kinda hope that's the case although I do wonder if we're going to get some perspectives on the Force in TFA that we haven't been presented with before.

YES! I agree 100%.

Before starting TCW from the beginning I was skipping around and watched that last arc from S6. I didn't care for it due to those exact reasons.

I feel the same way about the Mortis arc too. I forgot to put that in my initial comment.

graffix13

I feel the same way about the Mortis arc too. I forgot to put that in my initial comment.

The Mortis arc didn't bother me as much because it took place in sort of
altered reality/dimension. The rules can bend there and I rolled with it.

However I just wish they would
have kept the secret to being a force ghost more....secret. In S6, for the last few episodes they should have showed Yoda going into a cave and not coming out for awhile and when he emerges he knows the secret. Or he meditates or something. Actually showing those wizards/witches and Yoda fighting, and accepting, his dark side self was a little too much and really didn't tell us anything. Just leave it a mystery and let the viewer form their own opinion. You don't have to show or explain everything. Especially when it comes to the ways of the force.

Top Bottom