• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Cheebo

Banned
Any news on Ahsoka's whereabouts post VI?
I'm assuming Vader kills her in Rebels at some point this season or next but man I hope not
Dave Filoni has been heavily hinting Vader and Ahsoka will duel this season. I say there is about 0.0001% chance she comes out of that alive. Bye bye Ahsoka.

Dave Filoni has been heavily hinting Vader and Ahsoka will duel this season. I say there is about 0.0001% chance she comes out of that alive. Bye bye Ahsoka.

They'll come up with something. Her death will be saved for something closer to a series finale rather than a season finale.

They had Kanan & Ezra duel his ass and neither of them even got all that injured. "But Vader wanted them to escape!" True, but he didnt' HAVE to want them to escape, right? Someone in that room will write up a reason for why he doesn't WANT to kill Ahsoka on sight, and so he won't.

Unless they've heard that Season Two really is all they're going to get (I still think it's possible they'll chop up Season Two into two halves, and name the back half Season Three, and call it a day) in which case yeah - she'll probably die in that duel.

Tizoc

Things pick up better starting Season 3 right?
Almost done with Season 2, and I'm kinda missing Asohka for some reason heh.

Hupsel

I wish they would bring Rachel Hurd Wood for Episode VIII. There was a big rumour she was on the hunt for the Rey part but she lost it to Daisy Ridley (she's also great). Really liked Rachel in Perfume and she has such a unique style.

Tizoc

Anakin being pro Palpatine always seemed weird to me, was Palpatine manipulating him using the Force whenever they were close?

Sayers

Anakin being pro Palpatine always seemed weird to me, was Palpatine manipulating him using the Force whenever they were close?

I think Palpatine made sure he was very involved while Anakin was growing up and Anakin came to view him as a father figure. Anakin truly believes Palpatine is the benevolent and reluctant ruler he portrays himself to be.

Zombine

Banned
So it looks like I'm going to be running a Star Wars literacy night for about 400 children ages 4-11 sometime in November. I'll be reading one of the clone wars children's novels and We'll be showing them A New Hope for the first time.

Need some ideas for a costume. I want to dress up as a member of the 501st, but I'm not sure where the best place would be to get the suit pre-made. Any suggestions?

sphagnum

Banned
They'll come up with something. Her death will be saved for something closer to a series finale rather than a season finale.

They had Kanan & Ezra duel his ass and neither of them even got all that injured. "But Vader wanted them to escape!" True, but he didnt' HAVE to want them to escape, right? Someone in that room will write up a reason for why he doesn't WANT to kill Ahsoka on sight, and so he won't.

Unless they've heard that Season Two really is all they're going to get (I still think it's possible they'll chop up Season Two into two halves, and name the back half Season Three, and call it a day) in which case yeah - she'll probably die in that duel.

It doesn't seem like the Rebels story team is thinking of the show in terms of two seasons. Simon Kinberg said this about the size of the Rebellion at the recent panel:

"It’s not like it’s an insta-rebellion that just happened at the end of Season 1. It is something that continues to grow over future seasons. We have a lot of story to tell to see the alliance grow."

Sayers

Well, we know that Vader thinks she can lead him to Kenobi, so he's not going to kill her so long as he believes that is still possible.

Not the comics, the old Legends EU books. The first one, Rogue Squadron, is pretty neat so far, though I'm hoping Corran Horn develops into less of an asshole.

Ah, I thought you meant these.

13749.jpg

I haven't read the novels.

curb

Banned
I picked up a copy of Aftermath today. Now to find make time to read it.

First Star Wars novel for me since I read my dad's copy of Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I thought about this too, but you'd need a very good reason for them to fight

Maybe Vader looks for him and offers to look for Kenobi together, only to betray him at the end?

Could be Maul wanting like, a revenge, for Vader essentially replacing him at the emporers side? Maybe thinks if he kills Vader he can reclaim his rightful position.

Haven't watched the show yet though so I don;'t know if this would fit the story of Maul.

Rootbeer

Banned
I picked up a copy of Aftermath today. Now to find make time to read it.

First Star Wars novel for me since I read my dad's copy of Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

This is why I absorb a lot of books via audiobook these days. In some ways it's not as immersive but it does allow you to experience way more books since you can listen while doing other things.

graffix13

Could be Maul wanting like, a revenge, for Vader essentially replacing him at the emporers side? Maybe thinks if he kills Vader he can reclaim his rightful position.

Haven't watched the show yet though so I don;'t know if this would fit the story of Maul.

I have to admit I wasn't a fan of Maul coming back...and even though I've softened my stance a little on it after watching the actual episodes, I'm still not a fan. I mean...the guy was cut in half. It just seems like they brought him back because "he was soooo cool bruh" and he has a big following. To me, it just seems like they are catering to his fanbase. They could have easily just had Savage take over the
Death Watch
and seek revenge on Kenobi. Yeah he was a good character but he should have just stayed dead.

With that being said, they do need to resolve his arc (i.e. kill him off for good) IMO. And it should either be Obi-Wan that does it, or Vader.

curb

Banned
I was going to start watching Clone Wars today. Should I bother with the movie or just start with the series?

You could watch the movie until Anakin leaves the first planet they're on. That would give you enough reference if you don't want to watch the whole thing. The movie is essentially a four episode arc though so if you're going to commit to watching the series, I say you might as well watch it too.

This is why I absorb a lot of books via audiobook these days. In some ways it's not as immersive but it does allow you to experience way more books since you can listen while doing other things.

I used to have a longer commute which would have been great for an audiobook. Realistically, I need to make some time either way so hopefully I can just prioritize it.

Calcium

Banned
You could watch the movie until Anakin leaves the first planet they're on. That would give you enough reference if you don't want to watch the whole thing. The movie is essentially a four episode arc though so if you're going to commit to watching the series, I say you might as well watch it too.

Fair enough, I'll start with the movie. Thanks.

Everything about that endeavor was ass. It shouldn't have happened. The show wasn't ready, that arc wasn't good, and forcing it to be stitched together and pushed into theaters was a terrible idea. It did the opposite of jumpstarting interest in the show.

Zombine

Banned
Everything about that endeavor was ass. It shouldn't have happened. The show wasn't ready, that arc wasn't good, and forcing it to be stitched together and pushed into theaters was a terrible idea. It did the opposite of jumpstarting interest in the show.

Did they remove the corny as shit rock music? I either completely tuned it out, or they definitely replaced it with that Williams-lite stuff.

Holy crap, Mercy Mission may be my favourite episode of Clone Wars so far. R2 and C3PO, cute aliens and awesome tree things. The Jedi led episodes leave me a bit cold (I never liked the war generals angle) so having a clones and droids-centric episode was a lovely breather.

Damn, there are some salty Prequel fundies out there.

I wrote a pithy tweet reply about the series' 'rhyming' not working that well to the Star Wars account, and some crazy rando sends me aa bunch of pics/meme and then blocks me.

Pastry

Banned
I read the latest chapter in the Star award comic... is there any reasons that Obi Wan acts like he doesn't know who R2 and C3PO are? Considering the amount of time he spent with them he should recognize them pretty instantly.

Damn, there are some salty Prequel fundies out there.

Yeah. It's kinda bizarre it's still a thing.

I was gonna write something about it at Full of Sith, but someone pointed out to me that in a couple years, when there's more movies, that kind of bullshit will just naturally die down because they simply won't have the time to laser-focus so strongly on that shit, and they'll eventually chill the fuck out over fighting everyone to the death for being "bad fans" because you don't like everything the way they like it.

I read the latest chapter in the Star award comic... is there any reasons that Obi Wan acts like he doesn't know who R2 and C3PO are? Considering the amount of time he spent with them he should recognize them pretty instantly.
Astromechs and Protocol droids are pretty common, and Obi-Wan said that R2 was just a droid. And I has been a long time.

curb

Banned
That all sounds great. I'm really looking forward to the premiere.

It does. I really like the sounds of where they're going this season. I'm looking forward to those character background episodes - especially
the Sabine and Mandalore one

Edit: I forgot that about this. Here's a new TV spot for Rebels with a bit of the new Inquisitors.

Toxi

Banned
Yeah. It's kinda bizarre it's still a thing.

I was gonna write something about it at Full of Sith, but someone pointed out to me that in a couple years, when there's more movies, that kind of bullshit will just naturally die down because they simply won't have the time to laser-focus so strongly on that shit, and they'll eventually chill the fuck out over fighting everyone to the death for being "bad fans" because you don't like everything the way they like it.
This is the internet, nothing ever really dies.

Yeah, but they'll be WAY smaller, is what I'm saying.

(the Bring Back Legends guys took a huge hit to their shins post-dragoncon when a bunch of places started comparing them to GamerGate. Lotta people shut the fuck up right after that)

Top Bottom