• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Cheebo

Banned
The people who make Rebels need to learn how to do some god-damned texture-work.

:D

Same team as Clone Wars. Except there were some layoff's and budget cuts. They can only do so much with what money they are given.

The ratings are pretty mediocre. so the lower budget helps there, if the show had the budget of The Clone Wars it would be long cancelled already likely.

Fj0823

That trailer....

I said damn

EDIT: I love that they're using rebels to finish some Clone Wars arcs.

Next Up Barriss and Bane pls-

Tapejara

Holy shit, that Rebels trailer was amazing! I got a good chuckle out of
"Then be a pirate Jedi!"
Also, Ahsoka kicks ass.

Fj0823

Same team as Clone Wars. Except there were some layoff's and budget cuts. They can only do so much with what money they are given.

The ratings are pretty mediocre. so the lower budget helps there, if the show had the budget of The Clone Wars it would be long cancelled already likely.

Pretty sure the ratings will go sky high when the VII hype begins

Rebels is dying on Disney XD or whatever the eff it's called.

I wonder how it would do if it was on network ABC on, say, early Sunday evening?

JDHarbs

Rebels is dying on Disney XD or whatever the eff it's called.

I wonder how it would do if it was on network ABC on, say, early Sunday evening?
People usually have to have a higher cable tier to even get the channel, and in this day and age when many are opting for streaming services instead then the show just doesn't really have a chance.

Should be a Netflix series like Clone Wars Season 6

People usually have to have a higher cable tier to even get the channel, and in this day and age when many are opting for streaming services instead then the show just doesn't really have a chance.

Should be a Netflix series like Clone Wars Season 6

Yea. I keep hoping to fire up Twitter, or look on Netflix, and see something about a Star Wars show.

Edit: Battlefront is a lot of fun. Looks absolutely excellent.

sphagnum

Banned
I remember some crazy people were irrationally hoping that the Boba Fett of the OT was not the Jango clone.

Well, the new Battlefront brought back the original actor who played Jango Fett and the Clones to play Boba. And this game is canon ;)
http://makingstarwars.net/2015/10/temuera-morrison-is-voicing-boba-fett-in-star-wars-battlefront/
http://furiousfanboys.com/2015/10/temuera-morrison-returns-as-boba-fett-in-star-wars-battlefront/

"As you wish" is much better now that Morrison got some actual direction to do it instead.

I remember some crazy people were irrationally hoping that the Boba Fett of the OT was not the Jango clone.

Well, the new Battlefront brought back the original actor who played Jango Fett and the Clones to play Boba. And this game is canon ;)
http://makingstarwars.net/2015/10/temuera-morrison-is-voicing-boba-fett-in-star-wars-battlefront/
http://furiousfanboys.com/2015/10/temuera-morrison-returns-as-boba-fett-in-star-wars-battlefront/

Wasn't his voice already changed in the blu-ray? And I think straight up calling the game canon isn't exactly accurate, though the individual elements it draws from are (but not the way it puts it back together, re: Luke in black with a green lightsaber dancing around Hoth).

Wasn't his voice already changed in the blu-ray? And I think straight up calling the game canon isn't exactly accurate, though the individual elements it draws from are (but not the way it puts it back together, re: Luke in black with a green lightsaber dancing around Hoth).

This is the guy who voices Boba on the Blu-Ray.

Fj0823

Well...this gives me hope for a Clone Wars DLC....it still should've been in the base game IMO.

UMBARA PLS

Sayers

I'm not optimistic about Clone Wars stuff in Battlefront. I bet the droids would require all new models and animations.

I'm not optimistic about Clone Wars stuff in Battlefront. I bet the droids would require all new models and animations.

Yeah, I think it's pretty unlikely for this one unfortunately. They've still got a few OT locations they could use and I think Force Awakens related DLC is a given next year.

curb

Banned
that bounty hunter said something that caught my ear not sure if i heard correctly

"i'm Clan Ren, House Vizla..."

either her literal name is Clan Ren, or thats a hint that Kylo Ren is native Mandalorian, Kylo being a title, and Ren his last name.

It's Wren.

that bounty hunter said something that caught my ear not sure if i heard correctly

"i'm Clan Ren, House Vizla..."

either her literal name is Clan Ren, or thats a hint that Kylo Ren is native Mandalorian, Kylo being a title, and Ren his last name.

We already know that Ren is the title as well. JJ said Kylo's one of the Knights of Ren. I assume the Kylo bit isn't his real name either.

Every time I see him I just want to say that your on Hoth, where is your jacket. Must be freezing.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Jangos Actor was casted for the Bobs Fett movie at least a year ago

Fj0823

Shattered Empire #2 and Vader #10 might be my go to rebuttal to anyone who says the prequels will be ignored in the ST, loved those comics

STAR WARS #10 was...kinda boring, this is how luke got saber skills? kinda lame

Its kinda surprising Sheev never occupied Naboo with Imperial Forces...also the new Queen seems kinda hot...

Shattered Empire #2 and Vader #10 might be my go to rebuttal to anyone who says the prequels will be ignored in the ST, loved those comics

STAR WARS #100 was...kinda boring, this is how luke got saber skills? kinda lame

Its kinda surprising Sheev never occupied Naboo with Imperial Forces...also the new Queen seems kinda hot...

I thought Vader was easily the best of the bunch this month, though they were all fun reads.

Chewbacca #1 next week.

Zombine

Banned
Totally forgot to tell you guys I was there when they screened the new Rebels stuff. It's grade A, top shelf TV. The animation is fucking stellar and Ahsoka is such a badass.

Totally forgot to tell you guys I was there when they screened the new Rebels stuff. It's grade A, top shelf TV. The animation is fucking stellar and Ahsoka is such a badass.

This is really good to hear. I felt that season one wasn't that good at the start, but I'm glad that it gotten better.

I don't really care about the backstory canon debate, although I do feel the Fett character of the prequels was shoehorned in, and the Jango actor was miscast (and the shitty writing and direction go without saying).

My guess is they don't have the Boba character figured out yet for the movies and considering most of the other big names aren't voicing their characters either, the Temuera dude was probably cheap and available. Honestly, the guy is a nobody actor and hasn't even voiced Boba Fett in years, so I have real doubts his dubbing is any hint of the character's direction moving forward.

Imperial

STAR WARS #10 was...kinda boring, this is how luke got saber skills? kinda lame

Agreed on Star Wars #10, pretty uneventful issue, and the Sana/Han situation is becoming way too drawn out

Fj0823

I don't really care about the backstory canon debate, although I do feel the Fett character of the prequels was shoehorned in, and the Jango actor was miscast (and the shitty writing and direction go without saying).

My guess is they don't have the Boba character figured out yet for the movies and considering most of the other big names aren't voicing their characters either, the Temuera dude was probably cheap and available. Honestly, the guy is a nobody actor and hasn't even voiced Boba Fett in years, so I have real doubts his dubbing is any hint of the character's direction moving forward.

All movies must adhere to the previous six, as Kennedy said.

It's either Temuera or a young look-alike, for the movies that is.

If they needed a cheap voice for the game they could have used the Clone Wars/Rebels clone actor who has a pretty damn good voice for the role and he's working for Lucasfilm right now, yet they decided to go for Morrison.

It seems to me they want to keep it as close as possible to the current canon. And lets be real Fischer and Hamill are nobody actors too, outside of geekdom of course.

Agreed on Star Wars #10, pretty uneventful issue, and the Sana/Han situation is becoming way too drawn out

I did get a chuckle with the "Deal" exchange

All movies must adhere to the previous six, as Kennedy said.

It's either Temuera or a young look-alike, for the movies that is.

If they needed a cheap voice for the game they could have used the Clone Wars/Rebels clone actor who has a pretty damn good voice for the role and he's working for Lucasfilm right now, yet they decided to go for Morrison.

It seems to me they want to keep it as close as possible to the current canon

Fortunately Boba Fett has almost no on screen canon and it will be easy to flesh out and recast him, just like they did with original actor and voice. Who knows, they'll have him climb out of the pit and need a full body reconstruction which gives him a new face, but I seriously doubt they will feel beholden to Temeura Morrison just for the sake of canon.

Fortunately Boba Fett has almost no on screen canon and it will be easy to flesh out and recast him, just like they did with original actor and voice. Who knows, they'll have him climb out of the pit and need a full body reconstruction which gives him a new face, but I seriously doubt they will feel beholden to Temeura Morrison just for the sake of canon.

Boba Fett is in Clone Wars a lot. And that's canon.

sphagnum

Banned
Just finished The Secret Academy.

Great book and great end for the Servants of the Empire series. It's really impressive that this young adult novel series is easily the best thing in the new canon so far. I really hope Zare (and Merei) show up more (or in Merei's case, at all) in the Rebels show or that they get some more books. There's so much that can still be done with them.

It also has some interesting hints towards The Force Awakens, which were unexpected.

Hagi

hey does anyone have copies of either the Star Wars Storyboards books? was thinking about buying the Original Trilogy book because it looks super cool.

Cheebo

Banned
His backstory is actually pretty detailed thanks to Clone Wars I would say. any future Boba movie will not contradict his Jango/Clone origins.

Toxi

Banned
Finally finished season 5 of Clone Wars.

The ending, with
Ahsoka refusing the Jedi council's offer to come back
, was fantastic and really made me respect all the character growth that she's been through.
She saw how wrong-headed the Jedi Council had become; they were willing to throw her, a hero who had done their bidding several times, to the lions at the drop of a hat. Even with so little hard evidence against her (like, say, actual video footage of her murdering clone troopers in the many places where there should have been video footage), they turned on her and allowed her to be nearly executed. I'm guessing the only Jedi Masters not to vote against her were Plo-Koon (who always showed great faith in her) and Obi-Wan, but even they were still bound to a system more concerned with politics and protocol than trust and loyalty. So when Mace Windu gave a weak-ass apology, I'm glad she refused it. She deserved better than the Jedi Order, and as Fulcrum in Rebels it's clear she became someone greater than any of the stuffy-old men who were willing to abandon a friend and child. Also, Anakin's turn against the Jedi now has a lot more context; he had seen the worst of the Jedi Order, their blindness and dispassionate callousness. Basically, the finale of season 5 shows why the Jedi fell and why Ahsoka survived.
Next Up Barriss and Bane pls-
(Clone Wars spoilers)
I'm surprised the Seventh Sister is not Barriss considering she's a force sensitive dark side woman of the same or similar species. I'm not sure we'll see her if the writers didn't take this opportunity.

And I'm expecting Cad Bane. I'm also expecting Boba Fett in full badass mode now it's during his prime and his embarrassing teenage years are behind him. Maybe we'll see the two together, either as rivals or partners.

curb

Banned
(Clone Wars spoilers)
I'm surprised the Seventh Sister is not Barriss considering she's a force sensitive dark side woman of the same or similar species. I'm not sure we'll see her if the writers didn't take this opportunity.

Filoni has said he knows what he'd want to do with that character. Maybe if there's a season three of Rebels we'll find out what happened to her.

So far as Anakin's turn against the Jedi: While it might seem like the events of the Season Five finale would factor in, that rough-animated version of a storyarc that happened afterwards seems to point at the idea Anakin doesn't blame the JEDI for how that went down. He's upset at the other party.

(not sure how much of what we're talking about is actually a spoiler at all, considering how openly the fact of it is discussed basically everywhere at this point)

Top Bottom