• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

This doesn't dent that at all though. Again - it's not as if I'm saying it shouldn't be on MNF at all. I'm saying it should absolutely air there. The synergy would draw eyeballs to the trailer that might not otherwise have seen it zipping around the internet all day. But I just don't see how it's particularly wise to cut out the people who WILL be zipping it around the internet all day (the 20+ million that will be doing so) for the sake of increasing ratings for MNF - which isn't even a guarantee, because there's nothing that says people who normally don't watch football are going to tune in JUST for that, especially when they know it's going online the second it debuts.

The synergy is best used as a means to engage people who aren't already online. That's 10 mil. But putting it up earlier in the morning on sw.com/youtube/iTunes will get you twice that many eyeballs and a full days worth of pre-sales before you add that guaranteed 10 mil from the football game.

But the purpose of debuting on MNF would be to bring more eyeballs to MNF, not to the Star Wars trailer.

Ultimately, I'm not sure whether it matters whether it is released online Monday during the morning or at night. Ultimately, what matters is exposure, and plenty of people will be watching it whether it's at work Monday morning or Tuesday morning. And plenty of people will be buying tickets online either Monday morning or Tuesday morning for a movie that's still two months away.

I just don't think it matters at all when, where, or how they release this trailer or info about ticket pre-sales. This thing is a juggernaut that will stomp everything in its path regardless of the conditions.

But the purpose of debuting on MNF would be to bring more eyeballs to MNF,

I know. And if they honestly think they're going to make a serious dent in the ratings by drawing people to MNF to watch a commercial, they're mistaken. It's not gonna happen. That's a misuse of their synergy. It needs to point in the other direction: Use MNF to get the commercial in front of eyes who otherwise wouldn't see it.

It's an advertisement. The idea is to get as many people possible to see it. Not putting it online all day before getting it on MNF is limiting your exposure for the sake of...

... I'm not coming up with a great reason for doing that.

I mean, I agree in that there's two months, a marketing campaign that's REALLY going to kick into overdrive soon, and the success of the movie is fait accompli. But I don't agree that this doesn't matter. It does. Not to a HUGE extent, no. You're right. But it obviously matters to some extent because apparently Disney is willing to essentially use Monday Night Football for marketing purposes.

-griffy-

Banned
Today was the last day of shooting on Star Trek Beyond. Here's a pic of the writers on set:
CRYjGIiVAAAFidK.jpg:large

Pegg with dat hat.

Simo

If you go to IMAX.com and look for TFA and opening day you'll see some theaters listing tickets and showtimes already, although it redirects you to Fandango and you can't purchase them yet.

Fandango does list the running time as 2 hours & 16 minutes.

Very. Looking forward to seeing what Pegg's come up with. I'm a big fan of the first film. Into Darkness less so but it was still entertaining.

Into Darkness is the kind of sequel you see in video games sometimes: the core systems are virtually the same, but the execution is a very noticeable tidge off.

I enjoyed it, but I didn't rush out to by the blu Ray on Day 1.

Tizoc

Season 4 has been great for the most part so far, but...why do we suddenly get an episode that has us feeling sympathy for droids?

Tizoc

Which episode was that?

It's the one where Ahsoka chases after Lux who seeks the aid of Deathwatch to kill Dooku.
When they arrive at their camp which is on another friggin' planet, we see them tormenting various Separatists droids among other common droids or mechs. In many prior episodes there was much apathy towards enemy droids from the protagonists.

Shattered Empire was fantastic this week.
Loved Leia's "I feel cold" moment with Maul and the return of the Naboo starfighters
. I wish this series was longer than four issues.

I was talking more about the trailer. If it appears with Monday Night Football in the US that's about 1am here and I have to get up early lol.

Tickets shouldn't be a problem here hopefully.
Ah, I see. I'm with Bobby on this and don't think it'll debut with the Football. I think it'll come online around 2pm on Monday.

I'm going to try and get tickets for the BFI IMAX on opening day, so I'm worried about availability myself heheh.

Rootbeer

Banned
I hope that the 7PM showing is not limited to those doing the marathon.

My goal is to be at my computer at 7PM monday evening and buy some Dec 17th @ 7PM tickets for my local IMAX (reserved seating)... if all goes as planned.

Fj0823

Shattered Empire was damn good. Impressions

Queen Soruna is best Naboo Queen. Under her rule, no bullshit Federation Blockade would happen. Padme keeps taking them L's.

Leia and Shara were awesome too, but I really dislike how Leia always looks annoyed in this...probably the artstyle

Lando is awesome as always, and C3PO always finds a way to annoy me in every single media he's in. It's impressive.

"I feel...cold", badass. Maul's hatred lingers through generations.

Han is pretty much a non character in this, no like.

Next week we see Luke huh??, Can't wait

This series deserves more. Kanan gets a full series but not this? SMH. And I like Kanan! But this is much more interesting

Top Bottom