• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Tizoc

Leia's still alive by then o_O
Can I just say that I didn't expect Flynn to be a jedi? Got no problem with it, but I thought the girl would be the jedi xp
Non the less looking forward to the character interactions and chemistry between them.

...and am I the only one who is disliking that C-3PO will be with the heroes? mY LEAST fav. character of the original gang.

Star Wars app just popped up on my phone with
"Tickets and a new look at the Force Awakens are coming tomorrow! Update the Star Wars app for the latest news"

Hagi

Leia's got some weird Amidala type hair thing going on.

That nuDeath Star though. Do you think they used a giant space laser to carve the space in the planet to fit the giant space laser?

curb

Banned
Love the poster.

No Luke is a plus for me. Let's really get him outside of people's non-spoilered expectations.

Leia's still alive by then o_O
Can I just say that I didn't expect Flynn to be a jedi? Got no problem with it, but I thought the girl would be the jedi xp
Non the less looking forward to the character interactions and chemistry between them.

...and am I the only one who is disliking that C-3PO will be with the heroes? mY LEAST fav. character of the original gang.

I'm not sure on the size of 3PO's role in the film but I expect BB-8 will be the main droid with the heroes.

Simo

Lots of ticket information out there now. New thread in OT or just post it all here?

EDIT: Never mind I'll just make a thread. lol

Hagi

I'm not sure on the size of 3PO's role in the film but I expect BB-8 will be the main droid with the heroes.

I think I've read that 3PO is supposed to have a key role in the film. I can kinda guess as to what it might be but that's based on things about the film I'm not sure are true or false.

Man I can't wait till this movie comes out.

Metalmarc

i knew i saw Carrie Oldmans hairdo before

tVIdE4V.jpg

Sorry, just kidding

rekameohs

Banned
I asked in the poster thread, but that thing's moving so fast that it got lost.

So, the preorder tickets are going on sale tomorrow at 7pm? Would my best bet to get in on that be to just refresh Fandango around then? I want to go to my local IMAX.

I asked in the poster thread, but that thing's moving so fast that it got lost.

So, the preorder tickets are going on sale tomorrow at 7pm? Would my best bet to get in on that be to just refresh Fandango around then? I want to go to my local IMAX.
That's what I would suggest. Any idea if Fandango does refunds? The theater I want to go to doesn't start taking presales till Tuesday and I want to make sure I have a backup in case I don't get into that theater.

Toxi

Banned
The thread on Jedi Council Forums where prequel fans discuss The Force Awakens is the gateway to madness. I think they might be the strangest contingent of the Star Wars fandom I've ever seen.

The thread on Jedi Council Forums where prequel fans discuss The Force Awakens is the gateway to madness. I think they might be the strangest contingent of the Star Wars fandom I've ever seen.
In what way? I imagine they heavily promote the idea Plagues is going to be Serkis and such.

Fj0823

Check the TV threads where Filoni is the anti christ and Lucas was bribed into changing his mind about the clone troopers

Or the EU side were Luuke Skywalker and Palpatine cloning himself are by default better than "Disney's cash grab"

Whole site is a mess

Toxi

Banned
In what way? I imagine they heavily promote the idea Plagues is going to be Serkis and such.
No, it's more constant negativity combined with a constant persecution complex.

To the point that I saw someone get upset that an arrangement of all the Star Wars theatrical posters had the original theatrical posters for the OT instead of the special edition posters. Because somehow that's a slight.
Whole site is a mess
After The Force Awakens releases I half expect it to spontaneously combust.

sphagnum

Banned
There's some hardcore Bring Back Legends types on the Lit board but most people there make fun of them or are sick of their shenanigans.

No, it's more constant negativity combined with a constant persecution complex.

To the point that I saw someone get upset that an arrangement of all the Star Wars theatrical posters had the original theatrical posters for the OT instead of the special edition posters.
Ah. Yeah, sounds like a blast.

PBalfredo

Seeing the X-wing in the background reminds me of my one real dumb little nitpick with the new design and it's that it reminds me a bit too much of a Z-95 Headhunter. This is more the fault of the old EU which took the idea of the Z-95 as an X-Wing Lite to the point that they sometimes even gave it S-foils so it can bite on the X-Wing's style even harder.

I'm real real glad that when they made the Z-95 canon in Clone Wars they gave it a more distinct look.

4poUT1x.jpg

Toxi

Banned
Seeing the X-wing in the background reminds me of my one real dumb little nitpick with the new design and it's that it reminds me a bit too much of a Z-95 Headhunter. This is more the fault of the old EU which took the idea of the Z-95 as an X-Wing Lite to the point that they sometimes even gave it S-foils so it can bite on the X-Wing's style even harder.

I'm real real glad that when they made the Z-95 canon in Clone Wars they gave it a more distinct look.

4poUT1x.jpg
My only issue with the Clone Wars look is that it looks very sleek, when you'd expect the X-Wing's low-cost predecessor to look less elegant than its successor. I prefer a stubbier look.

latest

Though I completely agree the Z-95 shouldn't have S-foils, astromech droids, four cannons, etc.; making the Z-95 have similar capabilities to the X-Wing misses the entire point of the Z-95 as the X-Wing's cheap outdated version. In X-Wing Miniatures they're basically cannon fodder.

Actually, Teaser 2 leaked early in the form of a muddy audio recording of the tech rehearsals for the Celebration show they announced it at. Most people called it as fake because it was leaked by a prominent fan radio drama guy, funnily enough.

Actually, Teaser 2 leaked early in the form of a muddy audio recording of the tech rehearsals for the Celebration show they announced it at. Most people called it as fake because it was leaked by a prominent fan radio drama guy, funnily enough.

Oh yeah, I do remember that. I couldn't hear a bloody thing though.

Top Bottom