• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Toxi

Banned
I love Daisy's look for the SW Universe. I really hope she's a good actress, haha.
Scrawl will also be releasing this year, so she'll be starring in two movie debuts this year. If she acts well, I can see this being a great opportunity for her.

I'm not saying that Last Gasp podcast wasn't written/recorded with that corner of the fandom in mind. Because it wasn't.

But it sure as fuck FITS.
Yep, I can definitely see where you're coming from more in The Last Gasp. That constant anger is like a mental block for them actually being able to enjoy these movies, media, and fan output.

Fj0823

The Clone Wars hate in that other thread hurts my soul ):

latest

Edit: What is this Last gasp thing? :D

graffix13

So where specifically are tickets going up for sale tonight? The usual places? Will I be able to just grab them from Fandango?

Yep, I'm guessing Fandango. Do they have an app?

I won't be at work (thus by my PC) so I'll have to use my phone and not sure the best app to use to pre-order movie tix.

curb

Banned
Star Wars hype got me watching Revenge of the Sith last night. Being a dad limits my time so I'll have to finish the other third tonight.

The music during the Order 66 scene still gets me. I won't say that RotS is the best Star Wars movie but it's definitely one of my favorites to watch.

Man, what is the trailer supposed to drop?

5-6 hours I think. I have to be up early so I'm just going to watch it in the morning.

Amazon have put up a few new Journey to the Force Awakens short stories. Only available digitally but I assume they'll put them together in some kind of collection at some point.

The Face of Evil: “A notorious thief learns to be careful what she wishes for on Takodana.
High Noon on Jakku: “A renegade droid causes problems for Constable Zuvio on Jakku.”
All Creatures Great and Small: “A storyteller uses his captivating skills to calm frightened villagers on Jakku.”
The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku: “Every pirate in the sector is after the lost treasure of Count Dooku! Will Captain Ithano and his crew beat his rivals to the prize?”

Star Wars hype got me watching Revenge of the Sith last night. Being a dad limits my time so I'll have to finish the other third tonight.

The music during the Order 66 scene still gets me. I won't say that RotS is the best Star Wars movie but it's definitely one of my favorites to watch.

Agree.

BFIB

I honestly hate the way Anakin reverts to the dark side. Clone Wars helped to lessen the blow, since you really get a sense of how arrogant the Jedi Order was, but still.

The conversation between Palpatine and Anakin at the opera is still in my top 5 favorite scenes in the entire saga though.

curb

Banned
I honestly hate the way Anakin reverts to the dark side. Clone Wars helped to lessen the blow, since you really get a sense of how arrogant the Jedi Order was, but still.

The conversation between Palpatine and Anakin at the opera is still in my top 5 favorite scenes in the entire saga though.

I was sour on the prequels as a whole until Clone Wars which as you said, helps with Anakin's turn. It is still more sudden then it probably should be but it's not something that bothers me anymore.

Personally, I have it essentially tied for 3rd with RotJ. 2 is ANH, and #1 is obviously ESB. AotC is a distant 5th, and TPM comes in last (but still has some redeeming qualities).

Ugh, the Onderon arc in Clone Wars is incredibly tedious, especially since it follows the Maul stuff. Terrible start to Season 5.

I know it's an odd request, but could someone who's going to watch the trailer PM me after to warn me if it's spoilerific or not? I just bought my Force Awakens cinema ticket today so I'm in full hype/spoilphobic mode.

It's going to be spoileriffic as a matter of fact. That's what it is. It's a 2 minute commercial for a movie. There's going to be stuff you didn't know about the movie before shown in it.

But then again, once the stuff becomes part of the marketing campaign, it's not really a spoiler anymore, either. It's stuff the filmmakers are cool with you knowing before you see the movie.

Ugh, the Onderon arc in Clone Wars is incredibly tedious, especially since it follows the Maul stuff. Terrible start to Season 5.

I know it's an odd request, but could someone who's going to watch the trailer PM me after to warn me if it's spoilerific or not? I just bought my Force Awakens cinema ticket today so I'm in full hype/spoilphobic mode.

I really liked the Onderon arc. It looked fantastic as well.

Zeus7

I have just booked tickets for the midnight screening at Cineworld here in Dundee, Scotland. It feels very real now, excited is an understatement!!

It's going to be spoileriffic as a matter of fact. That's what it is. It's a 2 minute commercial for a movie. There's going to be stuff you didn't know about the movie before shown in it.

But then again, once the stuff becomes part of the marketing campaign, it's not really a spoiler anymore, either. It's stuff the filmmakers are cool with you knowing before you see the movie.

I was hoping it would be as vague as the other two trailers, but 'tis a fool's hope.

I was hoping it would be as vague as the other two trailers, but 'tis a fool's hope.

Considering the audience it's being aimed at (football fans, non-hardcores) it's probably going to be a little information-packed than the previous two, most definitely. Kinda has to be.

There's a lot of people who aren't huge Star Wars fans, and this commercial's gonna have to rope those people in just as much as the rest of us, if not moreso. So I'd imagine a basic story is gonna have to get sketched out a little to intrigue extra asses into those theater seats.

Peru

Revenge of the Sith is the worst of the six movies. A 12 year old's idea of what a 'badass dark' Star Wars movie should be like.

Revenge of the Sith is the worst of the six movies. A 12 year old's idea of what a 'badass dark' Star Wars movie should be like.

Even with it's inherent edginess, at least Sith isn't a complete bore like Phantom Menace. I tried to rewatch Menace with some friends and by the time the podrace started we had lost all interest. Sith has a pretty entertaining beginning, with some neat planets, it just turned into complete poo later on.

Even with it's inherent edginess, at least Sith isn't a complete bore like Phantom Menace. I tried to rewatch Menace with some friends and by the time the podrace started we had lost all interest. Sith has a pretty entertaining beginning, with some neat planets, it just turned into complete poo later on.
Sith for me is the hardest to watch because it has the most potential. Obi-Wan and Anakin being forced to duel should be the high point of the saga, but instead we got flips and first-draft dialogue. I'd put Phantom Menace over it, but it's better than Attack of the Clone by a fair margin.

graffix13

5-6 hours I think. I have to be up early so I'm just going to watch it in the morning.

Amazon have put up a few new Journey to the Force Awakens short stories. Only available digitally but I assume they'll put them together in some kind of collection at some point.

The Face of Evil: “A notorious thief learns to be careful what she wishes for on Takodana.
High Noon on Jakku: “A renegade droid causes problems for Constable Zuvio on Jakku.”
All Creatures Great and Small: “A storyteller uses his captivating skills to calm frightened villagers on Jakku.”
The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku: “Every pirate in the sector is after the lost treasure of Count Dooku! Will Captain Ithano and his crew beat his rivals to the prize?”

Are these available now? I thought they were out in December?

EDIT: Nov. 24th looks like.

Considering the audience it's being aimed at (football fans, non-hardcores) it's probably going to be a little information-packed than the previous two, most definitely. Kinda has to be.

There's a lot of people who aren't huge Star Wars fans, and this commercial's gonna have to rope those people in just as much as the rest of us, if not moreso. So I'd imagine a basic story is gonna have to get sketched out a little to intrigue extra asses into those theater seats.

I really doubt its in any way catered to football fans. Isnt this supposed to just be THE trailer? The one that's going to be everywhere in half a second and shown everywhere else for the next two months? Just because its debuing during the game doesnt mean its targeting them, more likely just an endorsement deal worth a shitload.

BFIB

I think I prefer the second trailer. That opening shot of the downed Star Destroyer gets me every time.

Y'know, for all the 'Remember people, Star Wars is for KIDS' chatter we're hearing, I haven't seen that reflected really at all in in the trailers.

Not that I have a problem with the films being oriented toward a younger audience, or that they're not, but the marketing really seems to be aimed at pulling back in the 28-48 demo.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
JJ Abrams work really does look far different than ever other Star Wars movie.

Man, fuck, why isnt timetravel a thing. I WANT TO SEE THAT MOVIE. NOW!

Toxi

Banned
Shaak-Ti basically doomed the whole Jedi order with her obliviousness. I mean the other Jedi were oblivious, but at least they weren't on fucking Kamino 24/7.

Meowster

Midnight tickets on 17th in Australia. I'm too hyped.
I picked up mine for the Cinemark on the 17th for my boyfriend and I, it's going to be such a great time. Plan on seeing it with my family at AMC the next week sometime after Christmas. God, I am so pumped, I wonder if it'll be as crazy as Revenge of the Sith's opening night. I think I was nine or ten then (I brought my portable DVD player with me and watched ANH and parts of ESB in the meantime - a lot of older fans were watching behind my back) but man, that was something else, felt like the biggest movie event of my life. All the crazy outfits, all the hoopla, all of the scenes were the audience rejoiced together.

I forgot what shitholes non-Community Threads can be.

I have no idea why anyone would expect Star Wars (and its trailers) to become an art-house film series.

'I don't what Star Wars to be what it has been since 1977' is essentially what some dudes are arguing in there.

I picked up mine for the Cinemark on the 17th for my boyfriend and I, it's going to be such a great time. Plan on seeing it with my family at AMC the next week sometime after Christmas. God, I am so pumped, I wonder if it'll be as crazy as Revenge of the Sith's opening night. I think I was nine or ten then (I brought my portable DVD player with me and watched ANH and parts of ESB in the meantime - a lot of older fans were watching behind my back) but man, that was something else, felt like the biggest movie event of my life. All the crazy outfits, all the hoopla, all of the scenes were the audience rejoiced together.

I'm planning on taking my son to see it on the Sunday for his 5th birthday too. He loved the trailer.

Y'know, for all the 'Remember people, Star Wars is for KIDS' chatter we're hearing, I haven't seen that reflected really at all in in the trailers.

Not that I have a problem with the films being oriented toward a younger audience, or that they're not, but the marketing really seems to be aimed at pulling back in the 28-48 demo.

In the 70s they *were* for kids, seriously adults then were gnarly badasses - hard drinking fistfightin' dudes who worked hard and loved john wayne movies and ernest hemingway books.

Nowadays adults are a bunch of schmucks who never grew out of star wars.

Top Bottom