• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Booooo, that rule sucks.

Yeah, it does kinda suck. It would be easier if it was just Jedi vs. Sith. Instead, you get Jedi vs. Sith + what, Dark Jedi?

I never liked the term Dark Jedi. It's dumb. They're kinda like the Jedi, but they're the opposite so they're Dark. That would be like changing Pirates vs. Ninjas to Pirates vs. Quiet Pirates. Dislike.

Blunoise

Saw this on reddit

odsN9R5.jpg

Nothing's fucking with Soule's story on Lando, and certainly nothing's fucking with Maleev's art there, either.

Haven't read any of Chewbacca yet though, and that's got Noto working on it, so basically that's gonna be the best looking of all these books, period. Although Immonen's work on Star Wars is, as per usual, amazing.

(we did a "report card" show on the Marvel Comics a couple months ago, if you wanna hear more in-depth convo about the line - even has a Kieron Gillen interview in it)
I really disliked the art in Lando. That's the only thing lowering it on my list. I like the art of all the others. I would give Kanan the top, followed by Chewbacca.

sphagnum

Banned
Everyone always excludes Son of Dathomir from the comics list (I know it's a Marvel list and this is a Dark Horse comic, but it's still canon). And they forget that the Korean webtoon exists. Or the European Rebels comics. Or the Portugese/Dutch OT adaptation.

But if it's just the Marvel comics:

1. Lando
2. Kanan
3. Leia
4. Shattered Empire
5. Darth Vader
6. Star Wars

Lando and Kanan both have great art and the most fun stories. Leia was good if a little rushed at the end, loved the art, don't really know what everyone's problem with it is. Shattered Empire was beautiful when the primary artist was working on it, but it was obviously rushed, hence having to switch artists during the Naboo scenes. I wish it had two more issues, or even one, since it ends so suddenly. Darth Vader started off great, then got weird and kind of bad, and is now back to being very good, but the art is all over the place and Aphra talks too much like a Joss Whedon character. The mainline comic is just kind of boring but finally picking up.

Everyone always excludes Son of Dathomir from the comics list (I know it's a Marvel list and this is a Dark Horse comic, but it's still canon). And they forget that the Korean webtoon exists. Or the European Rebels comics. Or the Portugese/Dutch OT adaptation.
It doesn't help that Son of Dathomir is pretty pricey right now. A year ago it was $11 on Amazon, a month ago it was $500, and right now its $150. All for the Trade paperback. Individual issues on eBay go for about the same price if you get all of them. And there doesn't seem to be a way to read it digitally (legally) right now.
Korean webtoon isn't very known. I do get ads all the time on here for it though. I have all the English ones downloaded but haven't got a chance to read them.
I don't know anything about those last two. The Rebels sounds pretty interesting.

It doesn't help that Son of Dathomir is pretty pricey right now. A year ago it was $11 on Amazon, a month ago it was $500, and right now its $150. All for the Trade paperback. Individual issues on eBay go for about the same price if you get all of them. And there doesn't seem to be a way to read it digitally (legally) right now.
Korean webtoon isn't very known. I do get ads all the time on here for it though. I have all the English ones downloaded but haven't got a chance to read them.
I don't know anything about those last two. The Rebels sounds pretty interesting.

Son of Dathomir has been up on Marvel Unlimited for about a month now.

Tizoc

Speaking of comics; the 80s Star Wars comics were published in UK and the US, but there was one story that had a different ending for US and a different ending for UK.
Anyone know which story that was?

Netflix (Canada only) is getting Force Awakens 8 months after it's theatrical run according to variety

Starz in the u.s pay per view

http://variety.com/2015/digital/news/star-wars-netflix-streaming-1201623566/

And Sky in the U.K tweeted the other week, they will show it 9 months after release, probably pay per view first then i'll guess just in time for xmas 2016 on regular Sky Movies

Disney are also setting up their own Netflix on demand service. No Star Wars at launch though.

Toxi

Banned
Uh, so about the Muuns...

fbd78f81d6c48447750e30c83fb0294d.jpg

It's a bit hard watching Clone Wars episodes with them. An entire species of greedy unscrupulous bankers with no redeeming aspects is already edging into uncomfortable territory... And then instead of looking alien, they look like caricatures of people.

EDIT: Clovis says most Muuns are good people... But I still haven't seen any good Muuns onscreen. And Clovis is a creepy son of a bitch.

Finally finished Aftermath. I really don't see how this book deserved such vitriol. The core cast of characters are good and Sloane continues to be a fun villain. The interludes feel a little out of place, though I found most of them were enjoyable. I'm interested to see what Wendig does next with this group of characters.

It's not my favourite book of the new canon but I still enjoyed it.

-

Also, some interesting news about Rogue One. Tony Pankhurst, who was a stand in for Harrison Ford in the Force Awakens, is playing a General in Rogue One. Apparently the production codename for Rogue One is Lunak Heavy Industries too. For some reason.

It's a bit hard watching Clone Wars episodes with them. An entire species of greedy unscrupulous bankers with no redeeming aspects is already edging into uncomfortable territory... And then instead of looking alien, they look like caricatures of people.

I don't know, seems like a pretty solid parallel to me. What about it makes you uncomfortable? It's a common stereotype.

sphagnum

Banned
I think bankers are the group of people they wanted to capture with Moons.

I know, but I'm saying I think Freezasaurus finds it uncomfortable because the stereotype for Jews is that they are big nosed greedy moneylenders. George seems to be completely oblivious to racial stereotypes for some reason so it wouldn't surprise me if he really didn't notice this while the Muuns were redesigned for TCW (never quite understood why they went from being noseless like San Hill to big nosed).

I also always found it kind of weird that the Mandalorians in TCW are almost entirely Nordic in appearance for no apparent reason.

Hey Star WarsGAF I got a question.

Screen-Shot-2015-09-04-at-12.20.15-PM.png

I bought these versions of the movies on blu ray. Are these versions okay? or should I have waited for Disney to Release them?

curb

Banned
I was watching some Return of the Jedi while my daughter napped today (after reading her the ANH Little Golden Book) and something caught my attention. I've seen that movie dozens of times and I just now realized that I have no idea what the actual plan was to free Han. Was their plan, get everyone caught so that Luke can just save the day? Couldn't they have just led with Luke instead of getting Leia and Chewie along with the droids caught first? I don't mean to be picky, it just struck me as odd.

Beta Stage

Neo Member
I wonder if, during the ST, New Republic soldiers will wear uniforms similar to the Rebellion or will they try to match (or one-up) the First Order by wearing armor suits of their own?

I wonder if, during the ST, New Republic soldiers will wear uniforms similar to the Rebellion or will they try to match (or one-up) the First Order by wearing armor suits of their own?

Judging from the figures, the only upgrade on their OT gear is a full face covering helmet.

I was watching some Return of the Jedi while my daughter napped today (after reading her the ANH Little Golden Book) and something caught my attention. I've seen that movie dozens of times and I just now realized that I have no idea what the actual plan was to free Han. Was their plan, get everyone caught so that Luke can just save the day? Couldn't they have just led with Luke instead of getting Leia and Chewie along with the droids caught first? I don't mean to be picky, it just struck me as odd.

I think Luke coming in was plan B to Leia's failed attempt. And even that plan probably got screwed by the Rancor trap and the sail barge and they were on to Plan C in the end. Thats how ive always seen it at least.

Meowster

There is literally no sense to the plan to rescue Han in ROTJ. I feel like they all just kinda showed up and hoped something happened tbh.

Top Bottom