• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Cheebo

Banned
I'm not talking about the people who are excited to be there and love Star Wars. That's fine. I'm talking about the people that bring their kids and then don't make them behave. The people who feel the need to text and tweet throughout the movie. Those are the people I can't stand.
There is no one like that opening night.

My slightly late thoughts on last week's comics:

The final Shattered Empire issue was a bit...odd. Luke kicking some ass was cool
but the trees were a bit strange. I remember the tree in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant appearing a few times in the Clone Wars but it never seemed all that significant. I'd have thought Palpatine would have destroyed something like that, not protected them like some of his Sith artifacts. It'll be interesting to see if they turn up again.

Vader was solid again. I though he was finally going to
kill Aphra at the end. Wonder how she'll get out of this one.

JimiNutz

Banned
British cinemas always tend to be pretty quiet in my experience, even when they're packed. Applause and shouting would irritate the hell out of me.

I agree but there was one exception to this rule and that was episode 2.

I saw it opening evening and people actually cheered when Yoda pulled out his lightsaber! First and only time I've ever heard people cheer in UK cinemas.

sphagnum

Banned
My slightly late thoughts on last week's comics:

The final Shattered Empire issue was a bit...odd. Luke kicking some ass was cool
but the trees were a bit strange. I remember the tree in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant appearing a few times in the Clone Wars but it never seemed all that significant. I'd have thought Palpatine would have destroyed something like that, not protected them like some of his Sith artifacts. It'll be interesting to see if they turn up again.

If Palpatine was keeping them, there must be some sort of reason.
Perhaps he was trying to glean secrets of immortality from the tree somehow? We never got any indication that there was something special to the tree, but...trees tend to live long, I guess. His ultimate goal has always been to achieve Plagueis' dream.

If Palpatine was keeping them, there must be some sort of reason.
Perhaps he was trying to glean secrets of immortality from the tree somehow? We never got any indication that there was something special to the tree, but...trees tend to live long, I guess. His ultimate goal has always been to achieve Plagueis' dream.

That's not a bad theory. Obviously Rucka's put them in there for a reason. Wonder what Luke did with his.

Hi, anyone read Star Wars Kanan comics? are they worth it? I love the Rebel cartoon so far. I also enjoy the novel about Kanan and Hera's first meeting.

thanks

sphagnum

Banned
New comics are out today, Chewbacca #2 and Kanan #7.

I thought Chewbacca was ok but to me it's definitely the worst of the new canon comics so far. I liked the
flashback to Chewbacca being enslaved by Trandoshans and the Gonk vs. gun fight but everything just feels kind of mediocre.

Kanan #7 was much better. Just a set up issue for the most part but it's good to be back to the Clone Wars era. I guess they're doing a different backstory for Depa Bilabba rather than going full-on Shatterpoint since her coma looks like it will have been related to
her disastrous battle with Grievous and losing 90% of her men. Maybe she went dark side trying to kill Grievous after he troops were wiped out?
Also I thought for sure when I read the solicits that this would tie into Barriss bombing the Temple but
it looks like this will be a separate, second bombing of the Temple by this ninja guy?

Hi, anyone read Star Wars Kanan comics? are they worth it? I love the Rebel cartoon so far. I also enjoy the novel about Kanan and Hera's first meeting.

thanks

Yes! They are quite good, some of the best of Marvel's new Star Wars comics so far.

thanks

Yeah, it's a fun comic. It shows how he survived Order 66 and is a good supplement to Rebels. If you enjoy the show, I expect you'll enjoy the comic.

The first trade collecting the first five issues is out next week so that might be a good opportunity to jump in.

Yeah, it's a fun comic. It shows how he survived Order 66 and is a good supplement to Rebels. If you enjoy the show, I expect you'll enjoy the comic.

The first trade collecting the first five issues is out next week so that might be a good opportunity to jump in.

nice. will they be available right away in comixology?

I expect the trade will be available on Comixology next week. Trade paperbacks tend to be quite expensive on Comixology though. You might be better off buying the individual issues if you definitely want digital copies.

I'll wait till next week and see which is cheaper probably

You can also buy the single issues via the code for >1$ at ebay.

how do you do this? basically someone sell comixology code at ebay? the reason I had to go digital is because I didn't live in US and comics in my country is not cheap either. and I also like the convenience of digital comic.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just search dor Comic Title + digital code.

Works only with Marvel Codes since they are the only one who offer codes on a wide range of books, but it works.

Never heard of Newsweek but this is a great magazine cover. Poor Finn getting Kylo's lightsaber stuck through his head.

No-text-Sanda-Newsweek.jpg

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/10/tsuneo-sandas-star-wars-the-force-awakens-newsweek-cover/

Never heard of Newsweek but this is a great magazine cover. Poor Finn getting Kylo's lightsaber stuck through his head.

http://i1.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/No-text-Sanda-Newsweek.jpg?resize=731%2C950[IMG]

[URL="http://makingstarwars.net/2015/10/tsuneo-sandas-star-wars-the-force-awakens-newsweek-cover/"]http://makingstarwars.net/2015/10/tsuneo-sandas-star-wars-the-force-awakens-newsweek-cover/[/URL][/QUOTE]

I feel like Palps is photobombing there...

[IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n64/Bingo_Brown/palps_zps8lx0guiw.jpg

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Luke's prerecorded message for Jabba has him giving the droids as a gift. That was part of his plan. The rest I can see, maybe. Planning on R2 and 3PO being captured when the rest of the plan may or may not work just seems odd to me.

Not sure if this was answered but the whole plan was to take advantage of Jabba's hubris, and he stupidly enough let Luke get all of his friends into the hideout so they could fuck him up. Luke probably didn't know about the Rancor, but he knew (or seemed to have an idea about) about the sarlacc executions and figured it would be easier to fight everyone out in the open like it happened. Hard to say what would have happened had Jabba just accepted the droids and let Han go. Jabba was too OG to see what was going on around him.

curb

Banned
I decided to finally watch more of my Clone Wars blu-rays and I'm watching the final
Maul
arc of season five. Two thoughts: that show looks so great in HD and that fight between
Kenobi, Maul and Savage after Adi Gallia is killed
is so great.

curb

Banned
I really enjoyed this week's Rebels episode. That show has really grown on me.

I didn't read A New Dawn. Does anyone know what the nature of Kanan and Hera's relationship is.
The way she was semi-embracing him
at the end of this week's episode has left me wondering.

Fj0823

I didn't read A New Dawn. Does anyone know what the nature of Kanan and Hera's relationship is.

They thirsty for each other, they rather be friends

curb

Banned
They thirsty for each other, they rather be friends

Hmm. Interesting.

Unrelated. I'm watching the
Order 66
arc of season six of Clone Wars and was just wondering something. Are the Kamino cloners just greedy? Cohorting with Dooku fully knowing that the plan was to eliminate the Jedi seems pretty evil for business "people". Did the Jedi run over their dog?

Sayers

She calls him "love" a lot but since its supposed to be a kids show I think hugs are about all we are going to get.

Hmm. Interesting.

Order 66
arc of season six of Clone Wars and was just wondering something. Are the Kamino cloners just greedy? Cohorting with Dooku fully knowing that the plan was to eliminate the Jedi seems pretty evil for business "people". Did the Jedi run over their dog?

Most of the Kaminoan/clone shit doesn't make much sense. I still can't figure out who even placed the order in the first place.

Hmm. Interesting.

Order 66
They don't know who Dooku is, they just think he is a Jedi, who wants to keep it from the other Jedi.
after the kaminoan doctor ends one of her calls with him she says that Jedi are very strange or something like that. Dooku is trying to keep them thinking the Jedi placed the order for the Clone army.
. I'm pretty sure they are also greedy.

curb

Banned
They don't know who Dooku is, they just think he is a Jedi, who wants to keep it from the other Jedi.
after the kaminoan doctor ends one of her calls with him she says that Jedi are very strange or something like that. Dooku is trying to keep them thinking the Jedi placed the order for the Clone army.
. I'm pretty sure they are also greedy.

I agree that they don't know Dooku is a Sith but they did of course know what the purpose of the
brain chip in the clones
was for. That seems pretty evil to me, even for Big Cloning.

sphagnum

Banned
The Kaminoan cloners only care about profits. To them, the Jedi are just some weird cult, and if Tyranus wants to include some backup plan in case of a rebellion then whatever.

"Cloners? Are they friendly?"
"That depends."
"Depends on what, Dex?"
"On how good your manners are, and how big your...pocketbook is."

Fj0823

I agree that they don't know Dooku is a Sith but they did of course know what the purpose of the
brain chip in the clones
was for. That seems pretty evil to me, even for Big Cloning.

Yeah they went out of their way to keep it a secret.

They're accomplices

curb

Banned
Cool commercial. Though I do wonder if it isn't maybe a tad spoilerish regarding the little girl at the end...

I doubt it's meant to imply anything specific about the film even though I do think
that's likely the direction Rey is headed
. I think it's likely she's just wearing a costume and her and her brother are playing Jedi.

So much nostalgia in these advertisements though. Love it.

I doubt it's meant to imply anything specific about the film even though I do think
that's likely the direction Rey is headed
. I think it's likely she's just wearing a costume and her and her brother are playing Jedi.

So much nostalgia in these advertisements though. Love it.

Yeah, it doesn't technically mean anything, but obviously there's fan speculation in that regard. It could mean nothing, or it could be confirmation, we won't know until the movie is out.

Top Bottom