• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Not on topic at all but I love your Hunter avatar. It makes me laugh every time I see it.
Dsd7Ffe.gif

Metalmarc

So theres another one of those Supercut trailers of everything so far, including behind the scenes footage, all trailers inc Japanese one and T.V Spots footage including the missing football T.V spot footage that was never in Trailer 3, and the latest Spot too.

https://youtu.be/oqvkarUF8xs

Thats fine for now ..until we get more footage (thursday?)

Rootbeer

Banned
Simon Pegg has some harsh words for the prequels and those who like them:

"I don't really have any respect for anyone who thinks those films are good. They’re not,” he told the News. “(They’re) a monumental misunderstanding of what the (original) three films are about,” he said. "It's an exercise in utter infanticide ... (like) George Lucas killing his kid."

Kill my kid if old

NY Daily News: ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ will wipe away memories of prequels: Simon Pegg

curb

Banned
I kinda just lost respect for Pegg as a so-called Star Wars fan. I get not liking the prequels but that's too harsh.

I kinda just lost respect for Pegg as a so-called Star Wars fan. I get not liking the prequels but that's too harsh.

Because Simon Pegg is the authority on what part of Star Wars you should and shouldn't like. Piss off.

Eh, the man is allowed to have his opinion. I tend to think of the prequels as more of a missed opportunity than infanticide, but to each his own...

And to be fair, the Special Edition story changes are more like infanticide than the prequels.

Eh, the man is allowed to have his opinion. I tend to think of the prequels as more of a missed opportunity than infanticide, but to each his own...

And to be fair, the Special Edition story changes are more like infanticide than the prequels.

He's entitled to his opinion, but that doesn't mean he should insult people in the process.

curb

Banned
He's entitled to his opinion, but that doesn't mean he should insult people in the process.

Saying he doesn't respect people who have a different opinion come off as the most close-minded position. "Hey, you like something I don't so your position is invalid."

Fj0823

Simon Pegg has some harsh words for the prequels and those who like them:

Kill my kid if old

NY Daily News: ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ will wipe away memories of prequels: Simon Pegg

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

"Oh but if they pay me enough money I would gladly perform for a prequel-based series" Fuck that unprofessional asshole.

Infanticide? REALLY!?

Lucasfilm/Disney should cut all ties at this rate.

Edit: I need to see the meltdowns at jedicouncilforums/PT/

curb

Banned
Agree. I was never a fan of his movies anyways, so his opinion is meaningless to me.

I've really enjoyed him including his Scotty but man, this gets under my skin. It's just his opinion and I respect that (which is more than he would give me apparently) but seeing such Star Wars hate is frustrating.

Is it a good idea to get the new blu ray steelbooks? I dont own the OT on blu ray yet. Is there a possibility that disney will release the unaltered versions in the coming year?

Is it a good idea to get the new blu ray steelbooks? I dont own the OT on blu ray yet. Is there a possibility that disney will release the unaltered versions in the coming year?

It seems quite unlikely at the moment. I like the steelbooks but they're not cheap at £20 each.

Pegg's comments are slightly hyperbolic but it wouldn't be the first time. Hating the films is fine, insulting people who like them seems a bit dickish though.

Mistle

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

"Oh but if they pay me enough money I would gladly perform for a prequel-based series" Fuck that unprofessional asshole.

Infanticide? REALLY!?

are you serious? your reaction is more over the top than what he said. I've heard his opinion echoed endlessly throughout the years from almost everybody, just because he used the word "infanticide" doesn't make this outrageous. He's got a darkish sense of humour judging from his films, and it's just his way of saying the prequels are so bad they almost ruined the originals.

Really think you guys are overreacting. It's a common opinion and he's allowed to have it. The remark about not respecting anyone who likes it would be tongue in cheek. Can almost guarantee he said it with a smile on his face.

Really think you guys are overreacting. It's a common opinion and he's allowed to have it. The remark about not respecting anyone who likes it would be tongue in cheek. Can almost guarantee he said it with a smile on his face.

But you can't guarantee that. It did not come off that way in the article. They did not present it as: '"I don't really have any respect for anyone who thinks those films are good. They’re not,” he told the News, with a smile on his face. '(They’re) a monumental misunderstanding of what the (original) three films are about,' he said. 'It's an exercise in utter infanticide ... (like) George Lucas killing his kid.' Pegg said with a laugh"

The bolded pieces don't exist in the original article. They had a chance to present it that way and instead it's presented plainly.There is no hint of joke to this. And aren't we past comparing art we don't like to tragic events?

I do love it when a fan says they understand a piece of art better than the creator. It makes them look so cool and not at all like an ass.

Doesn't really affect my opinion on Pegg, still think he's funny and will see his films.

Mistle

I'm just making assumptions from previous interviews I've seen with Pegg where he's generally rather light hearted, and not sternly stamping his foot down, snarl in his lip, threatening all those who disagree with his opinion.

Edit: mistle typed with a smile on his face

Fj0823

are you serious? your reaction is more over the top than what he said. I've heard his opinion echoed endlessly throughout the years from almost everybody, just because he used the word "infanticide" doesn't make this outrageous. He's got a darkish sense of humour judging from his films, and it's just his way of saying the prequels are so bad they almost ruined the originals.

Im sorry but in no way will I find joking with killing kids funny.

Its infuriating that he first says that some people deserve no respect. And then compares 3 fucking movies to killing kids of all things.

He calls the man who donated 4billion to education a child killer because he made some average movies (that lots of kids such as myself grew up with)

If that was a joke it was one in very very bad taste.

Oh but If you don't like his Star Trek then "fuck you, you jus don get it". Piss off.

If I was a part of Lucasfilm I would not like to have a consultant publicly comparing my work to one of the vilest crimes out there. Specially when they're doing a lot of work to connect all movies and sell them as an epic saga.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
First arc of s2 Clone Wars was really good (Holocron Heist). Cad Bane is a great character and addition to the show. Some of the early scenes were very film noir-ish, loved that.

Judging from the making of docs, the production process for this was ideal: Lucas was still offering advice and designs and helped with the writing, but the crew still got to do their own thing.

Pachimari

I'm starting to really love Star Wars and it is probably all the Episode VII hype. Some weeks ago I watched Episode IV, V, VI and I and posted impressions in here. I might finally come around to Episode II and III before I go watch A Force Awakens. I have seen II and III before but don't remember much if anything about them.

I like that I learned so much new stuff from watching The Phantom Menace the last time.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

Infanticide? REALLY!?

Fuck Him.

Edit- I agree, it's fine not to like the Prequels, but to bash people who like the Prequels is not right. As for that infanticide comment, that was really uncalled for.

Fj0823

You're deluded to be taking his comment literally. I don't find what he said funny either, but to ignore the obvious context of kids = OT, and then to be all "I'm SO offended!". I can't take you seriously.

So basically if he "jokingly" calls
some movies worse than the Holocaust it's A-Ok if the punchline is Jews=My childhood movies? (Dammit Godwin). No it's not. Its freaking dumb.

Cmon man. That stuff is fine and even kinda funny for an online forum like GAF. But for a public statement from someone involved with the franchise?

Its unprofessional, childish, immature, and tasteless. In my opinion at least.

I think it's best if we agree to disagree. Better focus on cool stuff like Star Wars than debating someone's statements about said cool stuff. :)

Mistle

Agreed, let's not let Simon Pegg tear us apart! This is my first time in the OT, didn't mean to just pop in here and start shit. It's all good.

Simo

This Friday at 8:30 PM EST, Disney Channel is going to air a behind the scenes look at Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The TV ad reveals a few new shots from the movie as well as details on the Disney Channel special.

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/11/d...ook-at-star-wars-the-force-awakens-on-friday/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDd9EcJxnb4

So new footage tomorrow night, new footage Friday night and then listening to some of the score in just over a week?

...damn.

sphagnum

Banned
I don't have a problem with Pegg hating the prequels, but I think it's extremely rude to insult a very large part of the fandom.

Fj0823

I don't have a problem with Pegg hating the prequels, but I think it's extremely rude to insult a very large part of the fandom.

I mean even that is not so bad in normal circumstances, but he's now working with the franchise. That changes everything.

Also let's all stop talking about him

Did you guys liked the new Rebels episode?

Tapejara

Anyone picking up the new Blu-ray releases? I'm thinking of getting them because they're cheaper than the original BR release, but from what I understand they're based on the recent cuts that removed the Fox fanfare at the beginning, correct?

I'm not sure. but I am worried I just saw a spoiler in a new Duracell commercial!!! Sucks if true. It would have been cool to see that in the film and not spoiled in a commercial.

Beware :
What I saw was an ad with kids playing with lightsabers. putting Duracall batteries in them, etc. But at the end a girl dressed as Rey, Force shoves some new Stormtrooper away from her!

Top Bottom