• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Hey Gaf! Made a Kylo Ren costume for my dog! Thoughts?

th_dugKR7_zpskavanmaq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

More pics here:

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/rightchandman/library/kylo dug

Not bad.

You make images smaller by putting them in quote tags, like this.

IMAGE GOES HERE

Holy heck, just finished Clone Wars season 5. I'm not a huge fan of the show, but damn was that last episode something. Amazing how Ahsoka went from being one of those seemingly stupid ideas (Anakin had an apprentice?) to probably the best characters of the entire prequel era. Looking forward to watching the remaining episodes.

Right? Season 5's ending is one of my favourite Star Wars stories hands down.

Simo

ONE MONTH!

Time is flying by too. Any other Michigan gaffers attending the first IMAX screening in Ann Arbor? I know Cheebo is and I thought it was mentioned there were more from GAF going. It'd be cool just to say "Hi"! lol

Posted? Andy Serkis talks exclusively to Empire about Supreme Leader Snoke.

Looks like Empire magazine, and just about every entertainment magazine, will be having a special TFA issue out next week which would explain the new photo they published yesterday. Keep a lookout for Total Film too.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Last night I dreamed that I both saw the new movie, and was in it.

This is the second night I've dreamed about the new movie now, ergh, I have a problem.
The problem is I haven't seen the damned movie yet.

Star Wars solicitations for February! Looks like some good stuff's on the way.
Darth Vader #17
• Would you follow Darth Vader into war?
• Better that than to be against him.
• A lesson the Ore Barons are about to learn...

I love this cover.

Star Wars #16
• The Rebels travel to a prison base having taken an important captive in VADER DOWN.
• Unfortunately, they aren’t the only ones with their eyes on the prisoners.
• The adventures of Luke Skywalker and the Rebel Alliance continue!

Anakin & Obi-Wan #2
• Master and Padawan find themselves stranded on an unfamiliar world...
• …a world of strange, primitive technology and dangerous natives.
• But even if they can save themselves...why were they called to this world?

Kanan #11
• The conclusion of Caleb Dume’s first foray into the Clone Wars!
• The inevitable conflict with General Grievous!
• Star Wars adventure from the Republic

GAMEPROFF

Banned
WadiumArcadium said:
Kanan #11
• The conclusion of Caleb Dume’s first foray into the Clone Wars!
• The inevitable conflict with General Grievous!
• Star Wars adventure from the Republic

How can it deal with Grievous when he died shortly before Order 66? I thought the book takes place after 66?

How can it deal with Grievous when he died shortly before Order 66? I thought the book takes place after 66?

The first arc was just before Order 66 and a little while afterwards. There was one issue, #6 I think, that took place during Rebels and the second arc has been set before Order 66. It's been jumping around a bit.

Tizoc

1446748645115147.gif

Didn't save him either way.

So wait Luke built his lightsaber AFTER Empire strikes back but before confronting Jabba?

sphagnum

Banned
Vader Down, Star Wars #12, and Kanan #8 are all out today.

I'm trying to figure out where Star Wars #12 places chronologically compared to Vader Down.
The whole arc must take place prior to the most recent Vader arc, since at the end of this one Luke has just learned about Vrogas Vas while Vader sets off to find Luke on Vrogas Vas at the end of the most recent Vader issue, and VD starts there. However, at the end of SW #12, Vader arrives on Nar Shaddaa looking for Luke. So while I previously thought the SW and Vader comics were running concurrently, apparently the "Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon" arc must take place before "Shadows and Secrets" and then skips ahead to "Vader Down" to synch back up, since the third arc in both the SW and Vader comics is Vader Down.

It jumps around for some reason. First arc was post Order 66, now we're pre-Order 66 and the next arc will focus on Kanan and Depa's first mission together. And even then it seems like there's something that they might jump back to again at one point because
in Kanan #8 he mentions that he doesn't like to think about what he had to do to get his lightsaber and kyber crystal, and skims right past that to get to the first mission.

Vader Down, Star Wars #12, and Kanan #8 are all out today.

I'm trying to figure out where Star Wars #12 places chronologically compared to Vader Down.
The whole arc must take place prior to the most recent Vader arc, since at the end of this one Luke has just learned about Vrogas Vas while Vader sets off to find Luke on Vrogas Vas at the end of the most recent Vader issue, and VD starts there. However, at the end of SW #12, Vader arrives on Nar Shaddaa looking for Luke. So while I previously thought the SW and Vader comics were running concurrently, apparently the "Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon" arc must take place before "Shadows and Secrets" and then skips ahead to "Vader Down" to synch back up, since the third arc in both the SW and Vader comics is Vader Down.

It jumps around for some reason. First arc was post Order 66, now we're pre-Order 66 and the next arc will focus on Kanan and Depa's first mission together. And even then it seems like there's something that they might jump back to again at one point because
in Kanan #8 he mentions that he doesn't like to think about what he had to do to get his lightsaber and kyber crystal, and skims right past that to get to the first mission.

I think the first arcs were concurrent but your right, the seconds arcs deviated away from that. Vader Down was amazing.

dan2026

Wow I didnt realise that not only is the Blu-ray version of A New Hope full of Lucas' messy alterations, its also censored as well.

What an awful release.

Fj0823

Not sure I liked giving everyone
a lightsaber
in STAR WARS #12....

I mean it was awesome, but it felt severely out of character for Leia and specially Han despite the fact that he repeats his line from ANH

sw79.jpg

sw78.jpg

They removed the Empire troops being killed.
Or a least part of the scenes. The home releases of Star Wars are such a clusterfuck of a mess.

They just removed the fire. And it wasn't for the home video release, it was for the 1997 re-release. Probably done to maintain the PG rating and not move it to a PG-13 since the 1997 releases had to be resubmitted to the MPAA.

New TV spot based around Finn.. Little bit more Han, Kylo and BB-8 too.

That Stormtrooper Finn fight is looking tasty.

Pretty good interview with Lawrence Kasdan from HR too.

Working on the script with original screenwriter Michael Arndt was, he admitted, "a struggle," and "then they decided the script wasn’t coming along fast enough. There were people being hired and money being spent, and Michael stepped away," leaving Abrams and Kasdan to create the screenplay themselves.

The two had a clear idea of what the new Star Wars needed, thankfully. "The feeling we wanted was from the first trilogy, which was, it’s fun, it’s delightful, it moves like a son of a bitch, and you don’t question too much," Kasdan explained, going on to say that he and Abrams agreed that "we don’t have to do much of anything. We know that we’re gonna have Harrison and Carrie and Mark back. We know we have Chewie. But everything else is up for grabs."

He went on, "Maybe J.J. felt different, but I didn’t feel any parameters were imposed on us. On the first day, I said, 'look, delight, that’s the word. In every scene, that should be the criteria we’re using. Does it delight? Is it fun?' I look at the movie now, and I’m feeling very good about that."

Simo

Called it. Here's Total Film's subscribers cover...
HPXRKBB.jpg

Regular cover:
MaX5i10.jpg

Issue is out tomorrow both on stands and digitally. UK anyways.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1141946

While I do find Leia and Luke being siblings a tad silly, I didn't think too much of it.
In the Despecialized ver. of the movies, she does kiss him on the cheek and says 'For good luck'.
It was nothing major and it merely gave me a chuckle.

Anyways, we get Force Awakens here before the Peanuts movie it seems.

Isn't that in all the versions? I don't think Lucas tried to hide the (little) romantic tension between them in the special editions.

Cheebo

Banned
I doubt we will ever see his story treatments thrown out there for our consumption, that is their sort of nuclear option if the franchise runs itself into the ground 10, 15, or 20 years from now due to poor performances or weak films or what have you. The "REAL" George Lucas Star Wars sequels.

I doubt we will ever see his story treatments thrown out there for our consumption, that is their sort of nuclear option if the franchise runs itself into the ground 10, 15, or 20 years from now due to poor performances or weak films or what have you. The "REAL" George Lucas Star Wars sequels.

Yeah, i'm not sure my curiosity would justify having to live through the meltdowns that would cause amongst certain factions of the fanbase, I kind of think that would be real end of days stuff.

Something like the dark horse adaption of his original screenplay would have been nice though.

Cheebo

Banned
Yeah, i'm not sure my curiosity would justify having to live through the meltdowns that would cause amongst certain factions of the fanbase, I kind of think that would be real end of days stuff.
Yeah it would require the franchise to be in a really awful place, but that is their get out of jail card if that happens. They won't waste their nuclear option on a comic. At least not for a long, long time.

Fj0823

I really like Lucas's thinking. I'm sure JJ and Kennedy really wanted him to stay. But he chose to move on than insist on his views and maybe trouble production of the movie.

Also and the bad PR him leaving during production woulf have created.

sphagnum

Banned
I really like Lucas's thinking. I'm sure JJ and Kennedy really wanted him to stay. But he chose to move on than insist on his views and maybe trouble production of the movie.

Also and the bad PR him leaving during production woulf have created.

He said in the interview that they "weren't keen" on him being involved, so I'm not sure how much they were interested in his input in the first place exactly, unless that's just bitter talk from George.

Fj0823

He said in the interview that they "weren't keen" on him being involved, so I'm not sure how much they were interested in his input in the first place exactly, unless that's just bitter talk from George.

Oh I misheard it as "they WERE keen"

sorry.

dan2026

After the prequels and then Lucas retroactively hacking his way through the original trilogy.

I'm not surprised they 'weren't keen'.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Watched Empire again last night. Fuck I love that movie even more the older I get. Them Han Leia feels.

Also I bought for Disney Infinity shit due to having GameSpot credit, and its buy two get one free. Ran out lunch. Can't use them though as I'm saving them as kid presents for Xmas. :p

Anyone read or heard anything on Battlefront: Twilight Company?

I've finished it. What do you want to know, and how spoilery or non spoilery should I be?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I don't need any story specifics, but just in general, how'd you like it? If you've read any of the other books, how would you say it compares to them?

Lost Stars >>>>> Battlefront > Awakening

BF can get a little TOO bogged down at times, and I can see how some might feel it lacks the essence of Star Wars in certain points. Yet highs of Hoth and the end were much more legit than Awakening.

Lost Stars is one of the best books I've read in years though. That ending was like OMFG.

Top Bottom