• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

I'm not sure. but I am worried I just saw a spoiler in a new Duracell commercial!!! Sucks if true. It would have been cool to see that in the film and not spoiled in a commercial.

Beware :
What I saw was an ad with kids playing with lightsabers. putting Duracall batteries in them, etc. But at the end a girl dressed as Rey, Force shoves some new Stormtrooper away from her!
Don't worry about it. I really don't think Lucasfilm would tell a battery company anything about the new movie. They are not going to spoil it in a commercial. Kids are going to want to dress up as the new Star Wars characters and play with the new toys. If it turned out true it is just a coincidence.
So many times as a kid I pretended to be Jedi Han Solo flying a Star Destroyer.

sphagnum

Banned
New chapter of the Korean webcomic is up. It includes the deleted scene of Luke building his lightsaber in the cave on Tatooine, which is actually the second time it's been referenced in a new canon work (the first time being in Beware the Power of the Dark Side).

eGxHHpO.png

Cross-posting from the EW thread. Some more interesting info from EW on General Hux and Starkiller Base.

His disdain for idiosyncrasy applies to allies, too. You might assume the cold, calculating General Hux would be on good terms with Kylo Ren, Adam Driver’s emotion-driven, Darth Vader-obsessed enforcer for the First Order. But you’d be wrong.

There is tension in the ranks of the leadership. Consider them… frenemies.

“He’s kind of opposite Kylo Ren,” Gleeson says. “They have their own relationship, which is individual and unusual. One of them is strong in different ways than the other. They’re both vying for power.”

I suspected Kylo and Hux wouldn't like each other much.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Watched the Geonosis arc in Clone Wars yesterday. That was impressive to say the least. I love how the story evolves from a huge battlefield setpiece to
a more Alien inspired claustrophobic story with horror elements.
Those changes in direction didn't feel too abrupt, because they had good transitions in the arc itself. Watched the doc later and Feloni said it was a landmark for the series, but also got eclipsed by stuff they did afterwards. So yeah, I'm pretty hyped now for the coming seasons.

There was also a great tracking shot of Anakin running and rushing across the battlefield, wish I could find a gif of it somewhere, it was beautiful.

I've also noticed the facial animations improved drastically over the first season, the faces are conveying more emotion now (or I'm imagining things)

I noticed that Star Wars Aftermath is available as an eBook from my library. Although I expect the wait list to be super long. I'm in no rush to read it, so I'll take the wait over the current ebook price.

How can there be waitlists on ebooks?

It's silly, but is has to do with licensing. Libraries have to purchase the license and they have limits on how many books can be checked out at a time. I decided to place a hold on Aftermath and it looks like they have 1 copy. Shockingly there are only 3 people ahead of me. Which means in about a month and a half I should be able to check it out.

Fj0823

So now we confirm that both Ezra and Luke built their sabers with tools and not through force meditation.

I guess we can asume the later was just a Jedi test/ritual and lightsabers while complex, Can be built without the force.

LionPride

Banned
So what would be the estimated wait time on seeing this movie in a semi big city like Memphis? Since every theatre is sold out of tickets currently

Holy moly. You guys see how they changed the packaging for the Complete Saga on Blu Ray? Looks sooooooo garbage. A Vader cardboard sleeve with a fuckin jumbo regular blue Blu Ray case. Luckily target had one last copy of the original version, thank Christ.

Sayers

Watched the Geonosis arc in Clone Wars yesterday. That was impressive to say the least. I love how the story evolves from a huge battlefield setpiece to
a more Alien inspired claustrophobic story with horror elements.
Those changes in direction didn't feel too abrupt, because they had good transitions in the arc itself. Watched the doc later and Feloni said it was a landmark for the series, but also got eclipsed by stuff they did afterwards. So yeah, I'm pretty hyped now for the coming seasons.

There was also a great tracking shot of Anakin running and rushing across the battlefield, wish I could find a gif of it somewhere, it was beautiful.

I've also noticed the facial animations improved drastically over the first season, the faces are conveying more emotion now (or I'm imagining things)

The Geonosis arc is one of my favorites in the series. I'd never paid any mind to the minor Jedi characters but Luminara and Barriss are now two of my favorite characters.

And while Anakin force choking Poggle was a little on the nose in terms of foreshadowing, I like that they were showing that Anakin has always been willing to do whatever he feels he must for the people he loves.

Gravidee

So now we confirm that both Ezra and Luke built their sabers with tools and not through force meditation.

I guess we can asume the later was just a Jedi test/ritual and lightsabers while complex, Can be built without the force.

Not necessarily. We saw Luke put the finishing touches on his lightsaber with a tool, but never saw him assemble it from the ground up. We didn't see how Ezra put his together either, just that the other Ghost crew offered him materials to use.

-Deimos

Holy shit Jar Jar was even worse than I imagined. The rest of episode one wasn't as bad as people make it out to be though, but still definitely a step down from the original trilogy. I hope Jar Jar doesn't have as much presence in the next two movies...

Holy moly. You guys see how they changed the packaging for the Complete Saga on Blu Ray? Looks sooooooo garbage. A Vader cardboard sleeve with a fuckin jumbo regular blue Blu Ray case. Luckily target had one last copy of the original version, thank Christ.

Yeah, absolutely worth tracking down the original release. The packaging's a lot nicer if you care about that sort of thing.

--

They're delving into slightly more spoilery stuff in the Force Awakens spots. Love the new shot of Kylo deflecting the blaster bolts. He looks fantastic.

Fox is just cashing in on the movies while they still can. They'll probably re-release that set every year until 2020 with a different cardboard sleeve.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
And while Anakin force choking Poggle was a little on the nose in terms of foreshadowing, I like that they were showing that Anakin has always been willing to do whatever he feels he must for the people he loves.

Yeah I don't mind those moments that much because it fits his character. Actually they're doing a pretty good job with Anakin so far, combined with his decent VA.

The actress doing Padmé is also really good. Just finished the Mandalorian arc and I loved how they kinda reverse engineered the Fett costume to use those shapes int the world.

It appearrs that Jimmy Vee will be taking over the role of R2-D2 from Kenny Baker for Episode 8.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/16/docto...the-new-r2-d2-in-star-wars-episode-8-5505452/

Scottish actor Jimmy Vee has joined the cast of the eighth part of the space opera as the lovable droid which first appeared in the original Star Wars movie in 1977, then played by Kenny Baker.

Vee, who is 3ft 8in, was spotted during secret filming with Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Ireland’s remote island, Skellig Michael – a location also used for Star Wars The Force Awakens. Hamill also entertained nearby residents by serving beer in a local pub.

We've seen him in the merchandising but Empire have released the first picture of Constablue Zuvio from the film.

EP7_IA_30086_ED.jpg

A few bits of merchandising aside, this is the first time we have clapped eyes on the character, who is described by LucasFilm as a “vigilant law officer on a mostly lawless world” who “keeps order in a frontier trading post”. He’s also apparently “tough and humorless”.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/exclusive-first-look-brand-new-star-wars-character-constable-zuvio/

Rootbeer

Banned
I've been waiting for this reveal. Was really curious how he'd look in the film.

It's so hard to judge from that one picture. Looks slightly cartoony. Getting Jar Jar vibes (not his personality, just his appearance.) Sure as hell hope he's more convincing.

Holy heck, just finished Clone Wars season 5. I'm not a huge fan of the show, but damn was that last episode something. Amazing how Ahsoka went from being one of those seemingly stupid ideas (Anakin had an apprentice?) to probably the best characters of the entire prequel era. Looking forward to watching the remaining episodes.

LNBL

Arghhh just saw this on the Pathe facebook (Largest Movie theater chain in The Netherlands)

11056462_10153376336424541_1665674396257196247_o.jpg

Special 3D glasses for the movie, no information on how to get them yet.

Top Bottom