• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Aiii

So not worth it
This is why you don't let the intern type the text in your leaflet...

img_20151123_19322101sysm6.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Dark Vador should be clear enough.

To be fair even in Dutch the word for sword is zwaard and not zwaart.

^^^ that's what I'm wondering as well

This is most likely a good thing; a decent amount of music was cut out of ESB and as a result, gave us some of the trilogy's most atmospheric moments, like the carbonite chamber duel. I honestly doubt that the scene would have had the same effect had the original music been left in. Not to diss the maestro too much though, as the piece itself holds up just fine on its own.

Simo

I managed to extract the images from the Google Star Wars experience so if anyone wants to use them for wallpaper or avatars knock yourself out!

These were the avatars I was able to make out of the splash page:
dark-facekylo.png
light-facerey.png

BFIB

Finally read up/watched the Lucas interview.

You know, he gets a lot of shit, and while some of its deserved for the prequels, and his oversight/yes men not challenging/him not realizing he was doing more harm than good, he deserves credit for realizing that his vision was lost. Its clear that he had already begun some level of pre-production on Episodes 7-9, but once the Disney approach was made, I really think he took a look at the level of involvement he would want, vs. what Disney was willing to offer. They made the hard choice, and didn't pander, and for the first time, he realized that people have a different view on Star Wars than he does.

Takes a lot of credit to admit that, and give up something you created.

Finally read up/watched the Lucas interview.

You know, he gets a lot of shit, and while some of its deserved for the prequels, and his oversight/yes men not challenging/him not realizing he was doing more harm than good, he deserves credit for realizing that his vision was lost. Its clear that he had already begun some level of pre-production on Episodes 7-9, but once the Disney approach was made, I really think he took a look at the level of involvement he would want, vs. what Disney was willing to offer. They made the hard choice, and didn't pander, and for the first time, he realized that people have a different view on Star Wars than he does.

Takes a lot of credit to admit that, and give up something you created.

If he had realized that before making the prequels I would give him credit. If they had been well received or well created, he never would have stepped away. At the very least, he had to come to a realization that the rest of us came to.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I managed to extract the images from the Google Star Wars experience so if anyone wants to use them for wallpaper or avatars knock yourself out!

Wow, that Kylo Ren pic is a perfect wallpaper. Thanks a lot man, I've been looking for TFA wallpaper that wasn't too busy and this is perfect.

Meowster

These were the avatars I was able to make out of the splash page:
dark-facekylo.png
light-facerey.png
These are perfect, saving the background wallpapers for the phone and my desktop. Thanks!

MattyG

Banned
Oh god. I'm watching Kimmel right now, and I really hope these people on the lie witness news thing are plants. Nobody can be this dumb.

Edit: Kimmel is not a great interviewer. It's a shame, that interview with the cast should've been awesome and it was just kind of uncomfortable.

Just sat through Kimmel. Wont make that mistake again.

Of the 1 question asked to everyone:
Carrie was funny but bored.
Daisy was nervous.
Driver had to desperately look towards JJ just to answer rather Kylo takes his helmet off at some point (JJ dodges this question too for some reason) - this is spoiler culture gone too far.
And John was a natural and got the most laughs.

Then cut to a boring skit because the Disney marketing people mandated they couldnt actually reveal anything interesting about the movie so lets add some filler.

Just sat through Kimmel. Wont make that mistake again.

Of the 1 question asked to everyone:
Carrie was funny but bored.
Daisy was nervous.
Driver had to desperately look towards JJ just to answer rather Kylo takes his helmet off at some point (JJ dodges this question too for some reason) - this is spoiler culture gone too far.
And John was a natural and got the most laughs.

Then cut to a boring skit because the Disney marketing people mandated they couldnt actually reveal anything interesting about the movie so lets add some filler.

Not really sure why JJ's dodging that question. He doesn't have it on in the final trailer or one of Entertainment Weekly's recently released pictures.

I can understand why Daisy was nervous. All of this is completely new to her. I'm sure she'll get used to it.

FeD.nL

The hype is getting insane here in Holland (Amsterdam). The biggest theatre in Amsterdam announced that they will show TFA 24 hours a day for the first 4 days. I Might just got to a 2.30 screening

Interesting statement; I never saw Genisys but I'd heard that Clarke's performance had issues. I wonder what the specific comparison points between her and (presumably) Rey are, though.

Clarke's performance wasn't the issue IMO. She gave it a shot but she was terribly miscast. Actually, I would say she was cast for the type of Sarah Conner they wanted but it still came off all wrong based on what we knew. And that was in a film that was asking the audience to heavily unlearn what they had learned from the previous films.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Despite how great everything looks for this movie, I'm still having a hard time with "Poe" as a major character's name.

has it been revealed how poes name is pronounced, is it just po like the teletubby(or panda) or is it po-way or even po-wheeeeeeeeee?

god these are exciting times!

I AM PO-WAY DAH-MERE-RON!

Meowster

We had a morning rally and I won a free Star Wars shirt and some popcorn for knowing when The Force Awakens comes out (I work retail so the Star Wars release is planned to be massive and we should all know the date - we have gotten so much stuff in the past few weeks, they're anticipating a huge blowout the weeks before release). I love being surrounded by Star Wars again, genuinely thought that seeing Revenge of the Sith as a little kid was going to be the last experience for another twenty years or so.

Simo

Not sure if it got posted in other SW threads but aside from the subscribers cover, Empire also has a limited edition copy of the issue that'll be available exclusively at Sainsburys' in the UK, limited to 4,500 copies and comes with a Kylo figure:
Empire-Magazine-with-Kylo-Ren-Figure.jpg

Shit, I love Captain Phasma but I'm getting the feeling she'll do nothing and then die. Like an old flame of mine from the original trilogy...

Ezalc

Still bummed that Phasma's armor is just chrome and a cape compared to how interesting the clone troopers armors were with the different markings.

So are we expecting Rey & Finn to completely join up with the Rebels/Resistance by the end of TFA(Like Luke in ANH)
or be doing their own thing that is intertwined with the Rebels.

IDK why but I can't picture either in an orange flightsuit and jumping into an X-wing.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Rewatching RotJ the same thing always happens. The first 1/3rd ramps up. Then when I hit the 2nd section I'm like maybe I've always underrated this. Then I get to the final section and I'm like nope.

I always feel like having 3 focal points IE Endor, Space Battle, Luke/Vader/Emp means something is gonna suffer. In this case it's the Space Battle. You just get little snippets here and there.

Plus I don't think I'll ever fully understand just how the whole Luke/Vader/Emp scenario turns out. I'm always like why the fuck are you talking Luke. That gives your position away. Why are you throwing away your light saber? Why isn't the Emperor just cutting you in half vs taking 5 mind using his force elextricity? How does Vader pick up the Emp so easily with one hand?

Also especially in context on EVII the Lucas edit of all of the different locales celebrating makes no sense. Like how would everyone really know that fast, and even if they knew its not as if the Empire itself would have just been say totally wiped out from say Corusant.

The Ewoks get to much hate though. I think they aren't near as bad as people make them out to be.

Been playing Star Wars Galaxy of Hero's this at work today. It's kind of fun. I like it more than any of the other Star Wars phone games that have came out.

Top Bottom