• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

MattyG

Banned
Lost Stars >>>>> Battlefront > Awakening

BF can get a little TOO bogged down at times, and I can see how some might feel it lacks the essence of Star Wars in certain points. Yet highs of Hoth and the end were much more legit than Awakening.

Lost Stars is one of the best books I've read in years though. That ending was like OMFG.
Awesome, thanks! I think I'll pick it up, but now I'm going to have to read Lost Stars first.

Lost Stars >>>>> Battlefront > Awakening

BF can get a little TOO bogged down at times, and I can see how some might feel it lacks the essence of Star Wars in certain points. Yet highs of Hoth and the end were much more legit than Awakening.

Lost Stars is one of the best books I've read in years though. That ending was like OMFG.

I'm guessing you mean Aftermath and yeah, Lost Stars really is that good. I haven't got round to reading Twilight Company yet unfortunately.

Mark's done a new interview with Empire as part of their Star Wars issue.

“It reminded me of when I was in Tunisia on the salt flats [shooting the first Star Wars]. If you could get into your own mind and shut out the crew and look at the horizon, you really felt like you were in a galaxy far, far away. I had that same wave of emotion happen to me when I was on Skellig Michael in Ireland. I wasn’t anticipating it.”

(crossposted from the merchandise thread)

Hey guys no big deal just my Smuggler's Bounty box showed up today.

(Spoiler'd the pics in case you want to be surprised.)

5UO4XeA.jpg

H4fwiOB.jpg

WjVo178.png

Simo

For anyone curious about the Total Film issue on sale today I got the digital issue and while the Star Wars feature is a few pages talking with J.J and the cast, pretty much the questions and answers are the same that have been in various other outlets. No new photos too except maybe the one of J.J and Daisy on set?

Only bit of info that seemed new, to me anyways but I haven't followed the development of EpVIII closely enough, is Daisy mentioning when they start shooting Episode VIII because TF assumed she had started already.

JeTmAn81

Have been in a Star Wars mood lately so I started playing Kotor 2 with the restored content. I am on the first mission. Don't think I trust that HK droid...

Meowster

Looks like they've got some new banners up in Times Square!
image34.jpg

image35.jpg
Everyone is all pumped for Han (and I admit, I am too, Harrison seems so excited and happy about doing Star Wars again) but I'm really excited to see Leia and Carrie. From the trailer, the spots, the stills, she still seems to have this enormous presence that she had all the way back throughout the Original Trilogy. She looks so great.

Holy shit. Star Wars #12.

EVERYBODY HAS LIGHTSABERS.

It was undeniable fan service but I couldn't help but love it. Really fun issue.

Vader Down was good too but I think they overdid it with the
number of rebels Vader faces down at the end of the issue
. The space battle was fun though. Reminded me of his first appearance in Rebels.

--

A few of the Tales from a Galaxy far, far away covers have been released. I definitely want to read the Zuvio one.

Saven

Banned
Just started chronologically with everything that is canon this past sunday, well movie and tv wise. I'm going to have to read a summary on the comics and novels unfortunately. I started too late. Almost through season 1 of the clone wars. I never did watch it all the way through for some reason when it first aired, but I was enjoying it.

The domino squad are my favorite characters and episodes so far.

Just started chronologically with everything that is canon this past sunday, well movie and tv wise. I'm going to have to read a summary on the comics and novels unfortunately. I started too late. Almost through season 1 of the clone wars. I never did watch it all the way through for some reason when it first aired, but I was enjoying it.

Domino Squad are great. Especially Fives. You've got some good stuff to look forward to.

Good luck. I started 2 months ago and I'm just into Rebels now. But I am including the comics so that is going to really slow us down.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm at s3 of Clone Wars now, this has been my favorite moment so far, that and Mama the Hutt. I'm at the Nightsisters arc now. So far nothing has topped the Geonosis arc yet.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yup, Ventress is awesome

Great character. Looks like her story's not done yet so I'm glad there's more.

Just watched the Mortis arc... that was awesome. Ok it was full of fan service but I enjoyed it a lot. I'm keeping an eye on that essentials episode list and I definitely would've marked that as a must instead of an honorable mention. As a whole I'm glad I'm watching everything instead of just the cherry picks. I loved how it seemed like half of
the Son's lines were straight Sidious copies.
And it's pretty cool that they got
Liam Neeson back for a few lines.

Simo

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
In Clone Wars s4 I just had a Gungan ep, then two eps with nothing but droid adventures. Hoping it picks up from here. Feels like they had to make some really quick & dirty eps for all the time they lost on the Mon Cal war. I watched the vid commentary and apparently that was a huge time sink because they had to create everything from scratch. Sure looked great though. Seems like the production values go up with every new season.

The vid commentary was awesome, it was mostly Filoni and Plunkett going on crazy offtopic nerd rants

Sayers

In Clone Wars s4 I just had a Gungan ep, then two eps with nothing but droid adventures. Hoping it picks up from here. Feels like they had to make some really quick & dirty eps for all the time they lost on the Mon Cal war. I watched the vid commentary and apparently that was a huge time sink because they had to create everything from scratch. Sure looked great though. Seems like the production values go up with every new season.

The vid commentary was awesome, it was mostly Filoni and Plunkett going on crazy offtopic nerd rants

The Umbara arc you are probably watching now is a lot of peoples' favorite (though not mine). The Slaves of the Republic arc is also very good.

Watching Clone Wars. I had a guide for seasons 1-5. I watched the mandatory stuff and the honorable mentions so I watch most of the episodes. Is there one for 6?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The Umbara arc you are probably watching now is a lot of peoples' favorite (though not mine). The Slaves of the Republic arc is also very good.

Yep just finished it, and loved it. Now my favorite besides the Geonosis arc. The story was great on its own, but visually the arc was a treat as well, especially the lighting.

sphagnum

Banned
Watching Clone Wars. I had a guide for seasons 1-5. I watched the mandatory stuff and the honorable mentions so I watch most of the episodes. Is there one for 6?

I don't believe so, but Season 6 is only half the length of a regular season so just watch it all. Even the Jar Jar episodes.

Mistle

Link to Clone Wars guide? I started watching in the chronological order, only on ep 10 approx of first season, and it still seems all over the place.
I've been considering just skipping to Rebels for something easier to follow.

Sayers

Link to Clone Wars guide? I started watching in the chronological order, only on ep 10 approx of first season, and it still seems all over the place.
I've been considering just skipping to Rebels for something easier to follow.

I think release order works just fine. It's easy enough to figure out when episodes take place.

Stick with Clone Wars, it is well worth sticking through some of the early silliness. You will enjoy Rebels more if you do.

iosefe

definitly watch season 3-6 in release order. freaking great stuff.

if you HAVE to use the guide, only use it for S1 and 2. i would just recommend watching it all

Top Bottom