• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Marvel ones are far cheaper with pretty low quality 2D animation. So I would say its doubtful, especially when Rebels does not get very good ratings for the most part.

How does Rebels do relative to the rest of the Disney XD cartoons? I feel like that channel as a whole has not found a huge audience still. Does Rebels get outwatched by the Marvel cartoons?

I wonder if it picks up from the interlude where Han agrees to help Chewie liberate Kashyyyk in the first novel.

I guess they could have that story running alongside it. But I expect it'll still focus on the crew introduced in Aftermath.

--

Kathy Kennedy's revealed one of the characters that must survive the events of the TFA, as they're appearing in VIII. I didn't think they'd kill them off yet.

This is great.

CVOM10SUkAAXV2L.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Guys its two weeks away

Think about that

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Got my CW s6 and Rebels s1 blu-rays in. Watching that soon. I keep thinking of how tragic that early CW cancellation was, especially after seeing those concepts in the other thread. Bit of a gut punch tbh, they still had a lot of ideas left.

Anyway, rewatched A New Hope, now a repeat with Lucas commentary as well. Struck me again how the first half hour is basically all droids. Took guts, since it was in a movie that was full of alien and weird concepts to begin with.

Cheebo

Banned
Leave it to Ford to spoil a scene not in any of the marketing. And misspell Kylo's name. Never wise to give someone who doesnt care about spoilers control of the Star Wars twitter handle.

Zeus7

BrokenFiction, maybe you should spoiler tag that? I think it will be out in the open now however. I wish I hadn't seen what he just said on twitter, if anyone doesn't want a pretty major spoiler, try and stay away from the Star Wars Twitter D:

BrokenFiction, maybe you should spoiler tag that? I think it will be out in the open now however. I wish I hadn't seen what he just said on twitter, if anyone doesn't want a pretty major spoiler, try and stay away from the Star Wars Twitter D:

Good idea. Can it be the 17th already?

I've been a spoiler hound for The Force Awakens and the prequels. This ends in two weeks. I'm going to go into Episodes 8,9, and the anthology films with only watching the trailers and tv spots released by Lucas Film. Threads like these are too dangerous, even the non-spoiler ones.

Cheebo

Banned
I am VERY glad I read spoilers for The Force Awakens, I know I would have created some fanboy plot in my head the movie could have never matched.

Plus I have no self-control.

I am VERY glad I read spoilers for The Force Awakens, I know I would have created some fanboy plot in my head the movie could have never matched.

Plus I have no self-control.

I am walking a tight line, this thread isn't helping tho. Sensitive information in this thread should be more properly tagged. We're are just 2 weeks away, let's not make something stupid.

I expect he didn't even know they hadn't used that scene in the marketing. I haven't read the plot synopsis but IIRC that scene had some leaked concept art.

Fj0823

I think the article is a bit unfair with Padme, Leia too gets a severe shaft in ROTJ.

Also the females in Rebels need a lot of work. Specially Sabine.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
What caused this concern?

Peter Mayhew did an interview where he was very optimistic about Finn and quite cautious over Daisy, basically saying she had a tough time early on but has the talent and will improve going forward (He compared her to Natalie Portmans acting in the prequels), also Daisy herself said JJ pulled her aside early for being "Wooden". This and some of the footage from the trailers, the delivery, im not expecting huge amounts and im sure she will improve.

Peter Mayhew did an interview where he was very optimistic about Finn and quite cautious over Daisy, basically saying she had a tough time early on but has the talent and will improve going forward (He compared her to Natalie Portmans acting in the prequels), also Daisy herself said JJ pulled her aside early for being "Wooden". This and some of the footage from the trailers, the delivery, im not expecting huge amounts and im sure she will improve.

That's just directing though. I have no doubt JJ probably gave similar comments to everyone in the cast at various points.

Mr Cola

That's just directing though. I have no doubt JJ probably gave similar comments to everyone in the cast at various points.

Probably, im only stating the only current concern I have, it could be perfectly fine.

Mr Cola

Oscar had more screen time there than in all the trailers combined

I hope he is in it alot

Oscar had more screen time there than in all the trailers combined

I hope he is in it alot

I don't think his role will be huge by any means. It seems to me they wanted a new character to be able to lead the aerial/space battle scenes. Maybe he'll get a bigger role in VIII.

I could be wrong though. Maybe his role is bigger than the marketing suggests.

Went ahead and put together a Full of Sith Greatest Hits Mixtape on facebook and twitter. 10 shows and bonus tracks for people to listen to in the last two weeks as a little encapsulation of the yakkity-yak we've done over the last two years.

Gravidee

I'm actually fearing that the blu-ray for Force Awakens may not contain as much BTS as we would hope. You know, given Disney's usual bonus features treatment for their releases nowadays. It would be great if could get more than just a half hour making of featurette and 2 minute gag reel.

I'm actually fearing that the blu-ray for Force Awakens may not contain as much BTS as we would hope. You know, given Disney's usual bonus features treatment for their releases nowadays. It would be great if could get more than just a half hour making of featurette and 2 minute gag reel.

IIRC in Empire it said they were filming some stuff with the cast when they visited.

Mr Cola

I find it unfathomable they havent been documenting most of the process, its historic how this has all come together, especially involving the old cast.

Regardless of whether its a dvd or blu ray or special edition, I really hope at some point it comes out.

Well, they had Charlie de Lauzirika on the payroll for a second to make a mini-documentary for Seasons of the Force at Disneyland. I'd imagine if you have one of the best documentarians of film production (Blade Runner documentaries, Alien Anthology documentaries) currently working in your contacts list, you'd give that guy a ring, right?

But otherwise, I'm pretty sure we're already seeing the bonus features for the blu-ray. The comic-con vid, this (and the other upcoming) behind the scenes video, the aforementioned Seasons of the Force thing, the various teasers/trailers/tv spots, etc.

Mr Cola

Cant wait for the podcast reactions, Rebel Force Radio have been putting out good stuff, they are live streaming the first showings at their local cinema before seeing it.

Gonna be a crazy few days avoiding the reviews.

Top Bottom