• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws Gameplay- Hands-on Preview

Hrk69

Gold Member
tkmqt97.jpeg

So it's an ad?

200.gif

Tokio Blues

Gold Member
I got a chance to play Star Wars Outlaws Preview. I loved the game design . Honestly one of the Best Star Wars games so far.

Played Time 3-4 Hours

Here is the edited version of Star Wars Outlaws Gameplay :

Let me know what your opinion is about the game.

How bad the animations are? Is it fun? how about the visuals? Is the open world empty or does it have enough things to make you bussy?

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Honestly one of the Best Star Wars games so far.
Just so I get an idea of your standard, what do you consider the best 3 games you ever played? Also this gameplay was maxed out? How is the game running? Config?

Anyway the AI is fuckin stupid, the animations are rough, the dialogues are boring and the overall gameplay design feels uninspired and seen a hundred times before (and in better games most likely). And sorry I don't want to sound like a dick but that gameplay was painful to watch, like someone who is not playing videogames a lot (difficulty to aim, get's almost killed against the scripted event with only 3 ennemies at 14:35 etc etc...).

Another bad showing for the game imo.

Mephisto40

I really do not understand how a youtube channel that just posts 6 hour long gameplay videos somehow has 230,000,000 views and 317,000 subscribers

You've got 6 hour gameplay videos on there that have 13 million views?

Your channel looks paid for, there is something really not right about it

Last edited:

T4keD0wN

Doesnt really look like 60fps, hope the map isnt as empty as it looks in those hoverbike scenes.
And sorry I don't want to sound like a dick but that gameplay was painful to watch, like someone who is not playing videogames a lot (difficulty to aim, get's almost killed against the scripted event with only 3 ennemies at 14:35 etc etc...).
Maybe the protagonist was a stormtrooper at some point? Because she cant hit a thing in any footage of this game ive seen.

Last edited:

GinSama

Is just me or all the preview it seems that was done by Ubi workers??

I mean it looks like is all hype and the game will be an amazing experience .....

In some way it looks like Disney when trying to speak about the acolyte for the first time lolol

Exede

It`s a single player game, when it`s good i`ll buy it in 3 months in a sale, i mostly stoped buying games at release anyways.

freefornow

Looks like every other preview from content creators who were provided with code. Might be a different section but nothing stands out about this game. Everything is just so bland. Graphics (acknowledging YT compression), gameworld and gameplay.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

It's not sponsored lol, I did not get paid. I just got to play the preview access.
Are we meant to believe you didn't sign a strict NDA and have free reign to do and say whatever.

You might not have been paid literally but it's all part of the grift, play ball, say some marketing lingo like "best star wars in years" get some free branded ubisoft mugs and a hopeful future access to other titles.

I'll wait for raw opinions not crafted by a marketing team somewhere

faisalasif

Are we meant to believe you didn't sign a strict NDA and have free reign to do and say whatever.

You might not have been paid literally but it's all part of the grift, play ball, say some marketing lingo like "best star wars in years" get some free branded ubisoft mugs and a hopeful future access to other titles.

I'll wait for raw opinions not crafted by a marketing team somewhere

Everything I said is my own opinion, I played the game and I liked it. I enjoyed my 3 hours of gameplay time. It is not a review. It's just 3 hours of playtime. Every Creator and Reviewer gets preview access and they share their own opinion. You can simply watch the reviews if you like the game buy it if not then don't. It makes no sense to label others "crafted by a marketing team"

Check out my other thread where I did a lot of previews.

Also, I asked everyone's opinion about the game just so I know how the viewers think about the game.
"Let me know what your opinion is about the game."

Because they might have paid them? Why put #ad then?

Just calling a spade a spade. Ads like this are typically always positive so they can remain a #ubisoftpartner
These tags are meant for all creators and every game.

thief183

Everything I said is my own opinion, I played the game and I liked it. I enjoyed my 3 hours of gameplay time. It is not a review. It's just 3 hours of playtime. Every Creator and Reviewer gets preview access and they share their own opinion. You can simply watch the reviews if you like the game buy it if not then don't. It makes no sense to label others "crafted by a marketing team"

Check out my other thread where I did a lot of previews.

Also, I asked everyone's opinion about the game just so I know how the viewers think about the game.
"Let me know what your opinion is about the game."

These tags are meant for all creators and every game.
Is the open world really open world or just big hubs? Cause I find it hard to believe that there are different planets with different open world map, I mean it is a lot of work...

Not really a fun of the main protagonist by I like massive and I am curious.

PaintTinJr

Previews from IGN, GamesRadar, PC gamer and VGC are all very positive, but sure let’s shit on the GAFfer who played it via preview access provided by Ubisoft.
Who needs previews? let's just wait for the user reviews, no?

There's already a big stink about how Ubisoft have influenced everyone, and factoring in that Xbox has the marketing deal it is hardly going to be easy to find a preview that genuinely isn't with a head in some sort of trough. You yourself are very pro Xbox and I'm sure it is only coincidence that you've been defending dissenting aspect of discussion about this game IIRC, right?

Ozriel

M$FT
Who needs previews? let's just wait for the user reviews, no?

There's already a big stink about how Ubisoft have influenced everyone, and factoring in that Xbox has the marketing deal it is hardly going to be easy to find a preview that genuinely isn't with a head in some sort of trough. You yourself are very pro Xbox and I'm sure it is only coincidence that you've been defending dissenting aspect of discussion about this game IIRC, right?

You’re quite keen not to highlight that the said ‘dissenting aspect’ largely involves the looks of the main character in the game. An aspect utterly irrelevant to gameplay. Daft internet grifters want this game to fail based on stuff as silly as that, so I’d be very pleased if they eat crow. It does seem like you align with those superficial and nonsensical sentiments.

Not a single person is associating Xbox with this game, so you’re barking up the wrong tree.

PaintTinJr

You’re quite keen not to highlight that the said ‘dissenting aspect’ largely involves the looks of the main character in the game. An aspect utterly irrelevant to gameplay. Daft internet grifters want this game to fail based on stuff as silly as that, so I’d be very pleased if they eat crow. It does seem like you align with those superficial and nonsensical sentiments.

Not a single person is associating Xbox with this game, so you’re barking up the wrong tree.
The game can't be installed freely, as they've made the installer dependent on internet access, so that physical ownership isn't achievable, so there's far more dissenting issues to make the stink of the fully positive influenced previewers questionable.

At a absolute minimum, lack of ownership of a AAA full priced single player offline game should have most of them claiming this rental is to be avoided until that issue is fixed on retail discs, but just like the defence of uglifying only women for ideology reasons isn't taken to task, online requirement to install isn't hampering incentivized praise in previews either, what a surprise.

Ozriel

M$FT
The game can't be installed freely, as they've made the installer dependent on internet access, so that physical ownership isn't achievable, so there's far more dissenting issues to make the stink of the fully positive influenced previewers questionable.

At a absolute minimum, lack of ownership of a AAA full priced single player offline game should have most of them claiming this rental is to be avoided until that issue is fixed on retail discs, but just like the defence of uglifying only women for ideology reasons isn't taken to task, online requirement to install isn't hampering incentivized praise in previews either, what a surprise.

Lmao, is this a joke comment? When have you seen me engage on physical ownership before, with respect to this game?

PaintTinJr

Lmao, is this a joke comment? When have you seen me engage on physical ownership before, with respect to this game?
I didn't say you did, but you were obviously aware of the problem when saying the 'dissenting aspect largely involves the looks' when it clearly isn't the larger problem and said that against the back drop of us apparently being stupid for not taking IGN et al and this 'previewer's' opinion as gospel.

Last edited:
Do the Spiderman games count? I loved all 3 but some of the segments and writing were definitely annoying but the overall gameplay shined through all that nonsense.

(wrong thread)

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
I got a chance to play Star Wars Outlaws Preview. I loved the game design . Honestly one of the Best Star Wars games so far.

Played Time 3-4 Hours

Here is the edited version of Star Wars Outlaws Gameplay :

Let me know what your opinion is about the game.

You bear the name of a king, your profile pic is that of an emperor, yet you behave like a watermelon seller

1zuAVtG.jpeg

Top Bottom