• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

So basically, a ton of people are complaining because they waited to the last possible moment to register their key, and now have to wait 5-10 minutes? Everyone really wanted to try and get those two free days from waiting huh?

I just got my game in the mail today, and now Ive been waiting on their site for nearly an hour, haha. it sucks, but im not really complaining, because ive been playing their game for what, 9 days for free? so no big deal. I can wait.

fucking love this game, and my collectors edition is amazing.

HBroward

I just got my game in the mail today, and now Ive been waiting on their site for nearly an hour, haha. it sucks, but im not really complaining, because ive been playing their game for what, 9 days for free? so no big deal. I can wait.

fucking love this game, and my collectors edition is amazing.

I completely spaced out on the fact some people were just receiving their copies still. Reserve the early statement for those who actually did procrastinate.

Well, I have been a part of every major MMO launch since Everquest, and no, I haven't seen anything around this level of bullshit. So no.

Anyway, I'm also getting the no subscription for my account error like I assume everyone else is seeing? Already registered the game on release day.

Wait.....I am seriously stuck on a "Waiting Room" page to use the official website? Lol, this is somekind of fucking joke at this point, man.

Well now we know you are lien.

So basically, a ton of people are complaining because they waited to the last possible moment to register their key, and now have to wait 5-10 minutes? Everyone really wanted to try and get those two free days from waiting huh?

Even at launch, I've never seen an MMO do this. So, no, don't pull this last minute shit. Some people are just now getting their launch copies, like my girlfriend, and she preordered months ago. It's gonna get even worse on Christmas when people get the game for gifts. Those folks won't be "last minute" either. Don't be a dick.

Venfayth

??

This is certainly not what happened to me, I preordered the game on nov. 30th, I registered my game key then, but because I don't have a subscription set up (despite having 30 days of play time or whatever from the purchase) I can't even sign in to the game.

Furthermore, I can't SET UP a subscription because despite having registered the key on my account, it says I haven't done that (even though it lists the game under my account, with the preorder perks etc) and when I try to register it again, it shockingly says the key is already in use.

Havik

Is the site not working AT ALL for other people to? im stuck in the waiting room and then it refreshes itself and im still in the waiting room.

border

Instead of turning off the website for everyone, would it really be that hard just to extend the Grace Period for a couple more days while they figure this shit out?

Woorloog

Banned
Is the site not working AT ALL for other people to? im stuck in the waiting room and then it refreshes itself and im still in the waiting room.

3 or 4 hours now here. I've gotten in once or twice but gotten stuck later on and then forced out and back to queue.
Unacceptable. I suppose there has been no further comment from BioWare?

sangreal

??

This is certainly not what happened to me, I preordered the game on nov. 30th, I registered my game key then, but because I don't have a subscription set up (despite having 30 days of play time or whatever from the purchase) I can't even sign in to the game.

Furthermore, I can't SET UP a subscription because despite having registered the key on my account, it says I haven't done that (even though it lists the game under my account, with the preorder perks etc) and when I try to register it again, it shockingly says the key is already in use.

Not that this will help you since the site is down, but you need to register the actual cd key from the box (or from origin), not the pre-order code which was just for early access and the color crystal.

3 or 4 hours now here. I've gotten in once or twice but gotten stuck later on and then forced out and back to queue.

As I posted on the last page, the site is down. Waiting in the queue is a waste right now:

SWTOR The Old Republic
The #SWTOR website login page is currently offline while we work to resolve key redemption and subscription issues.
3 hours ago

Venfayth

Not that this will help you since the site is down, but you need to register the actual cd key from the box (or from origin), not the pre-order code which was just for early access and the color crystal.

for the people having a product key problem check your email they sent new keys on the 16th

You guys are right, I'm an idiot, I had no idea there was a second code. Well I actually feel better knowing there isn't something broken with my account.

If this is the worst MMO launch you have been a part of, there is no way you have played any other MMO. Period.

This is the worst in its own way.

knitoe

Fuck that. I don't want to sit in front of my computer for 3-4 hrs just to enter a credit card. I already register with the official key. Bioware should have allowed you to do that within the 30 free days. Since they didn't, why didn't they have server warnings every time you logged into the game so I could have gotten this done days ago.

The product code in the orgin email may be the same but to redeem it right you have to put the hyphens in. I know the one in orgin does not seperate by hyphens.

Patryn

I've been able to play up until this morning, now I'm getting the "there is no currently active subscription on this account" - can't access the site to see what's wrong. Anyone else getting the same thing?

It's possible I don't actually have a subscription set up, but I'm quite sure I do.

You probably don't have a subscription set up. Just redeeming your product key isn't enough. I had the same issue. Click the link in the error message, wait in the queue, log in, the click subscriptions. Should be prompted to activate your subscription by adding a payment method.

Pakman

Anyone playing right now that paid for their subscription using paypal? I actually set up my account to use paypal several days ago but it apparently didn't work given that it says I dont' have an active subscription and I'm waiting in this lovely que.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Need some help, I got the game via Origin and used the code it says in my game details, but it still says I need to redeem my product. That's the only code I ever got. Help?

Skirn

After 45 minutes of waiting, I finally got to the page where I can register my product key. Typed it in and got into another queue... just to be kicked out to main page an hour later with no confirmation of if the registration's complete.

This almost takes me back to the days of WoW's launch in Europe. :lol

sangreal

Seems to be working now

You have 28 days of play time remaining. You must sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code before you can play. If you sign up for a recurring subscription, you will be billed automatically at the end of your current remaining play time.

They know enough about my subscription to take 2 days off my free trial, but not enough to let me play without a plan. Awesome

Also, I hate that you have to reload the launcher just to log back in

knitoe

Got into the website and enter my CC info. Everything went smoothly. Thank goodness, I didn't get another queue. Took about 30-45 min.

CoLaN

I'm having a lot of fun playing as a Commando - Combat medic. Also, loving how i look and i'm only level 25 :D

Here is a downsized screenshot from yesterday
clcommandoubk6b.jpg

Now... if only i could access the site to make a subscription and continue playing...

Zeal

Banned
Actually setting up a subscription, 1 month reoccuring with Paypal, actually fixed the "no subscription" problem and let me play. Pretty lame, considering I still have 30 days free playtime.

Strange that adding a subscription magically fixed the 'error'. Nice one, EA. Psh.

Dunlop

Been on the website queue for 3 hours already. I thought registering the retail code gave you 30 days play time. Ah well.

ditto, at work atm, but am assuming I will have this issue when I, try to log in.

Guess it is good I am doing last minute shopping with the missus so I will just do this at like midnight

border

What the fuck is the point of the auto-refreshing queue if you're not in any way informed when you are actually admitted to the website? Twice already I've gotten to a login screen, but I was in another browser tab and I was so late to notice that I got kicked back out to the queue. It should play a sound or something when it's ready to go.

Was too tempted by the Collector's Edition being back in stock on Amazon, ordered it. Sounds like it's not all that rare, but I'm loving the game and want to get as much silly cosmetic stuff as possible. Only downside is that now I have to register my game, and I have to wait until tomorrow for this to arrive. Luckily I kept the standard edition sealed.

bjb

Banned
Not sure what all the complaining is about (outside of the que).

They said on the website and forums that although you get 30 days free, you'll still need to setup a subscription to actually play after the 22nd.

Shakala

I'm having a lot of fun playing as a Commando - Combat medic. Also, loving how i look and i'm only level 25 :D

Here is a downsized screenshot from yesterday
clcommandoubk6b.jpg

Now... if only i could access the site to make a subscription and continue playing...

Yeah, how the fuck? You look like a badass /jelly

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Not sure what all the complaining is about (outside of the que).

They said on the website and forums that although you get 30 days free, you'll still need to setup a subscription to actually play after the 22nd.

Shouldn't have let people add keys without setting up the sub if thats what they wanted to do. Added my key last Friday never asked me to set up a sub now I've been looking at a waiting room screen for 4hours.

Dunlop

Logged onto site from my android phone at 12:13, finished process by 12:19

50% of that time was me fumbling with the small ass screen and the fact that I had to use the stock internet browser as the site does not like Opera Mini.

Top Bottom