• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

zonezeus

Yup, it's the same code as what's showing on my Origin page for SWTOR.
That's the same one in the email they sent me.

Their system is telling me it's already been redeemed and won't let me set up a subcription.

Same thing here man, by looking at forums I'm guessing other people have the same problem. I haven't seen a launch so botched since Witcher 2's early access fiasco, but at least CDProjekt kept us informed and sent us a goddamn free t-shirt to apologize.

PaNaMa

Banned
This is ridiculous. I went back and found my email from Bioware containing my "Digital Rights" code for SWTOR. The code matches exactly the one from my Origin games page, when I go into product details.

Their stupid web page is telling me I need to redeem my product code before I can move forward with subscription, and when I choose to do that it tells me the code was already redeemed. OF course it was! I redeemed it months ago to get early access.
This is messed up.

Same thing here man, by looking at forums I'm guessing other people have the same problem. I haven't seen a launch so botched since Witcher 2's early access fiasco, but at least CDProjekt kept us informed and sent us a goddamn free t-shirt to apologize.

"botched" heh, you haven't been to many MMO launches eh? A couple hours of trouble registering and it's end of the world.

Unfortunately Bioware had to use EA's stupid ass Origin system for digital orders. That is actually not under Bioware's control, Origin Sucks and EA is using their games to advance it to the masses.

PaNaMa

Banned

I'm calling the customer support line now to see what the hell is going on. I don't expect any help tho.

Darklord

Banned
Am I screwed if I go for a neutral allegiance? I've done some mad, some good stuff and I'm only on -350 at the moment. Does that mean until you go full light or full dark you're screwed out of gear?

zonezeus

"botched" heh, you haven't been to many MMO launches eh? A couple hours of trouble registering and it's end of the world.

It's my first MMO actually. And it's not the end of the world, but between work, family and friends I just don't have that much free time to spare lately, so I'd rather spend it playing the game then waiting in the queue on a website to register it with what turns out to be invalid redeem code.

Woorloog

Banned
Jedi Consular/Sage won't have more melee strikes than Strike and Double Strike, correct? And those are just fall backs later on, if any use at all, no?
What is the actual difference beetween Balance and Telekinetics? I intend to make a Consular (once i get in) and i'm wondering how different the gameplay is with those specs?
Is either one better for leveling?

Am I screwed if I go for a neutral allegiance? I've done some mad, some good stuff and I'm only on -350 at the moment. Does that mean until you go full light or full dark you're screwed out of gear?

You don't need alignment really for the best gear and such, just that their is some restricted stuff. They said they plan to add neutral gear as well down the line.

CAW

I bought the DD the other day and redeemed my code, got the in games items and then felt like an idiot for paying $90 (total with Canadian taxes) for some in-game items that are useless. So I called and they refunded my order. The game was no longer showing in Origin but I was still able to play for the remainder of the early access, with the DD items, but that didn't matter. It was however, still showing under my account settings on the SWTOR website.

I was honestly worried that they didn't actually refund the money even though the guy on the phone said they did. So this morning when I saw "there is currently no active subscription on this account" I was pleased and I bought the standard edition, which, I might add, is still overpriced, $68 total.

But now I see that that might just be an error. I really hope I didn't buy two versions of the game. My online credit history takes a few days to update so I can't check. Really hope they did refund the $90.

Been in queue on the site for over an hour too. Jeez.

Interfectum

This is relatively smooth for an MMO launch. Seems most of their problems stem from being too popular (queues etc). Once you get into the actual game it's smooth as butter. I've suffered no lag or game breaking bugs yet.

I was there day 1 for Shadowbane. I take everything in stride now.

Finally broke down and bought a vid card, running the game as it is now would be a waste of time and the money I've already spent.

Kem0sabe

Jedi Consular/Sage won't have more melee strikes than Strike and Double Strike, correct? And those are just fall backs later on, if any use at all, no?
What is the actual difference beetween Balance and Telekinetics? I intend to make a Consular (once i get in) and i'm wondering how different the gameplay is with those specs?
Is either one better for leveling?

If it works anything like its mirror class, the sorcerer, melee strikes are only there for when your low on force or when you want to finish a low health mob off and your instance cast is on cooldown. :)

Concerning trees, the sorcerer has a lightning (direct damage) a madness (dot´s) and a corruption (healing) trees. The sage is probably equivalent.

Woorloog

Banned
Well, this is lame. My own fault for not entering my CC earlier but still

Your fault? It's all EAs and BioWares fault since their site cannot handle high traffic even though they should've have been prepared for it. BioWare SW MMO, of course it will cause ridiculously high traffic, it should have been predicted and prepared for it. There is no excuse for queueing on the fucking site. Especially since the site has been having queues almost every time something bigger has been announced or shown. If pre-launch crowd is that large...

border

Trying to learn a bit about professions before I commit to one.

Crewskillz has been very helpful in that regard.

What's the deal with Slicing? It doesn't show up as a recommended skill for any particular class. Is it just a general moneymaker?

Zeal

Banned
This is relatively smooth for an MMO launch.

Well, I have been a part of every major MMO launch since Everquest, and no, I haven't seen anything around this level of bullshit. So no.

Anyway, I'm also getting the no subscription for my account error like I assume everyone else is seeing? Already registered the game on release day.

Wait.....I am seriously stuck on a "Waiting Room" page to use the official website? Lol, this is somekind of fucking joke at this point, man.

Interfectum

Well, I have been a part of every major MMO launch since Everquest, and no, I haven't seen anything around this level of bullshit. So no.

If you think this is bullshit I take it you weren't around for the WoW launch? I couldn't log in for three days. I've been playing TOR virtually every day since pre-launch with minimal problems (queues). So, for me, this is been a very painless MMO launch.

Also... Everquest was a glitch filled mess at launch. Not to mention the massive lag when you got into the game.

When SWG launched, you couldn't even register to play for hours, their registration server died. Multi hour queues on all servers found in RIFT, WAR had not enough servers at launch along with ton of registration problems. WoW also rife with problems and even their expansions alone would have massive queues to log on.

MMO launches, shit happens

JWong

Banned
Not quite the same, but I got something official-ish looking from a drop in the Hammer Station flashpoint I think. No logo on the side of the upper arm, but it had a rank insignia on the chest.

That would be me. Here are a couple things I'm wearing atm.

jb2dqixmRzXD4K.png

So Hammer Station, huh?

I thought it was from a social vendor or something.

HBroward

So basically, a ton of people are complaining because they waited to the last possible moment to register their key, and now have to wait 5-10 minutes? Everyone really wanted to try and get those two free days from waiting huh?

Kem0sabe

Trying to learn a bit about professions before I commit to one.

Crewskillz has been very helpful in that regard.

What's the deal with Slicing? It doesn't show up as a recommended skill for any particular class. Is it just a general moneymaker?

I have Slicing, bioanalysis and scavenging... basically to make money while leveling. At the moment at level 23 i have close to 80k... needless to say most was made from slicing.

The skill is almost exploitative in its awesome credit making possibilities. Just keep going for lock-boxes with your ship droid while you quest with your other companion, when you get another companion, send him with the droid.

Kettch

So basically, a ton of people are complaining because they waited to the last possible moment to register their key, and now have to wait 5-10 minutes? Everyone really wanted to try and get those two free days from waiting huh?

I'm complaining because I wasn't aware my credit card was needed for a free month of play. And the subscription process has taken 4 hours and counting currently.

Great, my free game time didn't activate autmatically and I got no notification from them that I had to activate. Now I am trying to activate and the activation site has a queue, and after the queue I get internal server error -> FUCK THIS -.-

Oh already discussed here, seems I am not the only one with the problem lol

Woorloog

Banned

I didn't actually know you had to set up subscription, i had redeemed my product key and assumed it was enough since it showed me the "30 days left". I'd assume this is the case for many others as well. But there is no excuse for the site having queues. None, especially since the site's been having queues pre-launch, pre-early access... who the fuck desings a site that cannot handle high traffic due to very high hype created by EA and BW? Besides, the queues are more like 15-30mintues than 5-10 minutes and then if you wait a minute too long, you're in the queue again..

theta11

I've been here for 2-ish hours as well. There is 20 minute queue on each page of the site, and you have to go through a ton of pages to get this done. Why don't they just disable the forums temporarily while people register. You need to have a registered account to post now anyways.

I didn't actually know you had to set up subscription, i had redeemed my product key and assumed it was enough since it showed me the "30 days left". I'd assume this is the case for many others as well. But there is no excuse for the site having queues. None. Besides, the queues are more like 15-30mintues than 5-10 minutes.

Without the site queues you likely would just be getting site errors instead. During many of the big launches for wow you couldn't get onto the site to access your account either.

Djin1979

I'm complaining because I wasn't aware my credit card was needed for a free month of play. And the subscription process has taken 4 hours and counting currently.

Same here, but I finally got to the subscription page, and when I click on 'Subscribe' it leads me to an error page :

Oops!!

The page you are trying to access is not available.

This is typically due to an incorrect URL, old content or Jedi mind tricks.

Back to the waiting room, this is GREAT ! thank you EA

sangreal

5-10 minutes? The site is down and has been for hours, fyi. The waiting page is a lie, but don't let that knock you off your high horse.

SWTOR The Old Republic
The #SWTOR website login page is currently offline while we work to resolve key redemption and subscription issues.
2 hours ago

zonezeus

Connection timeouts + internal server errors + "hey, the redeem code we sent you is actually invalid lol" = 5 hours of waiting for nothing. I was expecting lags, queues or even server crashes, but waiting in line for a website is something completely different.

HBroward

Well, after you register the key it listed every other step needed to finalize the process, but I hope you guys get it all sorted out soon. The servers are pretty empty at the moment at least.

Kettch

Same here, but I finally got to the subscription page, and when I click on 'Subscribe' it leads me to an error page :

I was getting to the subscription page regularly early on, only to get a Process Error page every time I tried to select my subscription plan. Every couple tries it would also log me out of the site, meaning I had to wait in the site queue once again.

The latest queue has been going for about an hour now.

Top Bottom