• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Did they add anything new to the event? Someone was saying in chat that there was something new down south by the burnt down republic base.
6Tnx9eo.jpg
I got that from the SWTOR subreddit by the way. Not sure if that was there before.

EDIT: I'm not even sure if this is the correct location you're talking about.

kmz

Neo Member
This event made me realize I _really_ need to work on some alts. Feel so left out of everybody and their going on the fancy ship and fighting fancy ops bosses. *sigh*

Cystm

This event made me realize I _really_ need to work on some alts. Feel so left out of everybody and their going on the fancy ship and fighting fancy ops bosses. *sigh*

I have 50s on two different severs. Sucks.

Server transfers. Lets get them, Bioware.

HBroward

I have done the event on four characters each of the last two days. If you do it with 4 characters each day that equals a weekly cap worth of rep, so over the 14 days of the event you could basically have enough rep to max the faction with a ridiculous amount to spare. Actually I'm pretty sure it only takes 4-5 weeks to max it, so just 5 days of this should be enough to not have to touch it except the quests that give the helix. I expect we see them drastically increase the amount required to level the factions, sort of like how they did with legacy levels way back.

UltraMav

Solo queuing is always a gamble for me, sometimes I get nothing but games with terrible or under-geared (or both) teammates and it ends up just a frustrating waste of time. Other days I finish my daily in half an hour and am impressed by the teamwork.

Maybe being on a PvP server helps a bit though.

Mordeccai

The wait for my time card to be shipped is unbearable at this point. I need storage, more hotbars, and the damn xp nerf bat to be lifted.

I was also informed yesterday that I have joined SWTOR gaf in the post utopian era, that there were once two guilds filled with gaffers, centuries ago in another universe. This saddens me.

Also does anyone know if/when name changes will be possible? I misspelled my name b/c I was drunk when I made the account (figures I'd rejoin an MMO while drunk, I once swore them off but my inhibitions were lowered) and its driving me nuts.

Zafir

I have done the event on four characters each of the last two days. If you do it with 4 characters each day that equals a weekly cap worth of rep, so over the 14 days of the event you could basically have enough rep to max the faction with a ridiculous amount to spare. Actually I'm pretty sure it only takes 4-5 weeks to max it, so just 5 days of this should be enough to not have to touch it except the quests that give the helix. I expect we see them drastically increase the amount required to level the factions, sort of like how they did with legacy levels way back.
You can still get the rep items from doing the dailies though, meaning you can just stack a tonne of them. i've capped for this week and still got a load of rep items on all my characters because I've done dailies and the world bosses/xeno on both sm/hm on 'em.

HBroward

You can still get the rep items from doing the dailies though, meaning you can just stack a tonne of them. i've capped for this week and still got a load of rep items on all my characters because I've done dailies and the world bosses/xeno on both sm/hm on 'em.

Yeah that's what I meant, only 4-5 days of questing to hit the max 52,000 faction cap to get Legend.

Milly79

I'm really looking forward to running that with my guild this weekend. For once they've actually make 16-man content give better rewards per player than 8-man.

As long as you have good tanks that can kite well, you're good to go. Nothing else is a challenge.

Milly79

I give up. Way too many pets. D:

And you were right Trev. A smaller Gree Destroyer spawned and dropped the pet. No rep token though.

kmz

Neo Member
Sorry man, I'm just a footsoldier for my guild, and we had people that were trying to finish up the pylon daily.

Somnia

Well finally started playing again last night now that I'm settled into my new job and did Esseles on my level 12 Sage that I started back before I switched jobs and it kept crashing on me at the VERY last conversation. I hit start convo and my game would just shut off =( thank god it was just a low level early dungeon run.

kms_md

Well finally started playing again last night now that I'm settled into my new job and did Esseles on my level 12 Sage that I started back before I switched jobs and it kept crashing on me at the VERY last conversation. I hit start convo and my game would just shut off =( thank god it was just a low level early dungeon run.

that is a known issue and happens on black talon as well. it also happened to me in one other flashpoint where we had the "whoooosh" starfield background.

kmz

Neo Member
One thing I've heard that can help is to alt-tab away from the game right before when it would usually crash for you and then alt-tab back after a bit of time. Not sure how reliable this is, I haven't had that issue, though I've had guildies that have been hit by it.

UltraMav

Got two of the Gree world bosses down, just need the space ship one now. Was hoping for better drops, but nice to get the rep boosts.

KePoW

Banned
One thing I've heard that can help is to alt-tab away from the game right before when it would usually crash for you and then alt-tab back after a bit of time. Not sure how reliable this is, I haven't had that issue, though I've had guildies that have been hit by it.

This works. You have to make sure you alt-tab right after clicking the start of that conversation NPC.

Alur

Oh, and a free new throne a guildie got in a pack and gave to you, oh and trading the crystal for a brand new purple hoverchair, the cheapest of which was going for 3 million.

What kind of crazy luck/sway do you have on these folks on the regular? lol, stuff like this falls in your lap often, Yooni. /admiration

Milly79

Oh, and a free new throne a guildie got in a pack and gave to you, oh and trading the crystal for a brand new purple hoverchair, the cheapest of which was going for 3 million.

What kind of crazy luck/sway do you have on these folks on the regular? lol, stuff like this falls in your lap often, Yooni. /admiration

Almost my thoughts exactly, but replace admiration with so much salt.

tumblr_m53tg996XO1r878er.gif

Top Bottom