• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Here's mine. I'd love a referral bonus!

http://www.swtor.com/r/tCVcqz

Weird it says:
This account is currently not eligible for the Friends of SWTOR Referral Program, Please visit the Referral page at www.swtor.com/info/friends for eligibility requirements.

Then I click the link and nothing shows up for eligibility requirements.

I'm not subbed or anything, but I am a pref player with a character over level 20 does that matter?

Giolon

Weird it says:
This account is currently not eligible for the Friends of SWTOR Referral Program, Please visit the Referral page at www.swtor.com/info/friends for eligibility requirements.

I'm not subbed or anything, but I am a pref player with a character over level 20 does that matter?

So what it lists for me as requirements are:

•Refer friends who have never had a SWTOR account.
•Invite previous Subscribers who have been unsubscribed for 90 days or more.
•Tell your friends to use the link as the first step in creating a new account or logging back in to an existing account. By clicking through the link to create an account or log in, they will be registered as your "Referral."

Other than that, I don't know b/c I've never gotten a Referral before.

Weird it says:

Here are the terms and conditions they list:
  • Opt-in for email communication from Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is required for all new players joining the Friends of SWTOR program.
  • New players who participate in Friends of SWTOR are not eligible to participate again.
  • Previous Subscribers who participate in Friends of SWTOR cannot be referred again for 90 days.
  • After the seven-day subscription period, returning player accounts will return to a Preferred Status account if they have not purchased a subscription.
  • Referred players do not receive Complimentary Cartel Coins as part of the ongoing Subscriber Rewards Program until they become a paid Subscriber.
  • Referring Subscribers must be in an active Subscriber status to qualify for all rewards.
  • Referrers who qualify are retroactively granted the Battle Droid pets for Subscriber referrals made previously.
  • All in-game reward items are delivered via in-game mail.
Perhaps one of those things is the culprit?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Here are the terms and conditions they list:

• [*]Opt-in for email communication from Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is required for all new players joining the Friends of SWTOR program.
  • New players who participate in Friends of SWTOR are not eligible to participate again.
  • Previous Subscribers who participate in Friends of SWTOR cannot be referred again for 90 days.
  • After the seven-day subscription period, returning player accounts will return to a Preferred Status account if they have not purchased a subscription.
  • Referred players do not receive Complimentary Cartel Coins as part of the ongoing Subscriber Rewards Program until they become a paid Subscriber.
  • Referring Subscribers must be in an active Subscriber status to qualify for all rewards.
  • Referrers who qualify are retroactively granted the Battle Droid pets for Subscriber referrals made previously.
  • All in-game reward items are delivered via in-game mail.
Perhaps one of those things is the culprit?

I'll go double check but the only thing I can think of might be the bolded.

Just checked and nope, I've had that option checked all along. What's friends of swtor? A previous referal? Because I started playing this on my own accord nothing else and the account was made like 4 days ago?

I'll go double check but the only thing I can think of might be the bolded.

Just checked and nope, I've had that option checked all along. What's friends of swtor? A previous referal? Because I started playing this on my own accord nothing else and the account was made like 4 days ago?
Friends of SWTOR is just the name for the program.

If your account was made 4 days ago then that might be why it isn't working. New accounts would have to be made through the referral link and you wouldn't get the 7-days free since you aren't a returning player.

I'm just making guesses since I'm not completely sure.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Friends of SWTOR is just the name for the program.

If your account was made 4 days ago then that might be why it isn't working. New accounts would have to be made through the referral link and you wouldn't get the 7-days free since you aren't a returning player.

I'm just making guesses since I'm not completely sure.

Yeah looks like you're right, needs to be either an account made through the referral link or an existing account that was once subbed but hasn't been for 90 days.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just started a body-type 3 Chiss Trooper named SlapHardchop. He is wearing imperial pilot armor.

He is very confused.

What is everyone's average fps?

Running this on ultra with i5 4670k & HD 7950, averaging between 45-60 fps with stutters when I force leap. Feel like I should be higher.

I really miss Stealth while playing on my Tank after playing an Assassin.

Edit: Anyone having issues with the launcher after the maintenance?

Edit2: Fixed

What is everyone's average fps?

Running this on ultra with i5 4670k & HD 7950, averaging between 45-60 fps with stutters when I force leap. Feel like I should be higher.
I'm running this on an i5 3570k and HD 7850. I get the stutters too and my FPS is averaging around maybe 30-45 FPS depending on the zone. Sometimes 60 FPS. Though my card is dying as I'm getting way too many BSODs outside of the game. Looking into RMAing it soon.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Well I subbed but my account status keeps bouncing between preferred and subscribed, non recurring.

I guess the payment hasn't gone through yet? I haven't even logged in to the game because I subbed from my office so I guess we'll see but it doesn't look like I'm technically regarded as a sub.

EDIT: Nvm just had to call em apparently their systems are messy today.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So a bunch of embargoed packs are back on the cartel today until sunday at 28% off which I believe makes them 280 coins a piece.

And Gamestop is selling codes for 2400 coins for 15 bucks on their website.

Very tempted to try and get one of the holo statues or revan's set.

Giolon

So a bunch of embargoed packs are back on the cartel today until sunday at 28% off which I believe makes them 280 coins a piece.

And Gamestop is selling codes for 2400 coins for 15 bucks on their website.

Very tempted to try and get one of the holo statues or revan's set.

They're only selling the Hypercrates according to the dev post - 5500 coins each (28% off their normal price).

Alur

I miss pvp. :( but I know as soon I go back I'll be raging

If you miss PVP, come to Wildstar man. It's where the hardcores have gone to hardcore and is actually pretty fun. I'm healing and Bruta is tanking.

I'm on Pago server in Wildstar if anyone else picked that one, Exile side.

! We went to Orias since GAF was there (though we accidentally picked wrong faction) and there was no queue. How you liking it at live? I like it much better than I did the beta 5 or 6 months ago.

UltraMav

Actually transferred to Rowsdower this morning. I've hit 16 and got my spaaaaaace-hooooorse and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. Now that my Spellslinger doesn't fall over like a bag of rice in every fight, I'm getting more out of the game. Not sure how much of that is due to buffs or my own improvement with the class since beta.

Alur

Actually transferred to Rowsdower this morning. I've hit 16 and got my spaaaaaace-hooooorse and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. Now that my Spellslinger doesn't fall over like a bag of rice in every fight, I'm getting more out of the game. Not sure how much of that is due to buffs or my own improvement with the class since beta.

Oh, you are on a PVP server! I generally stay away because of the culture it creates after a couple months set in (ie: good luck leveling alts, traveling solo, etc). I look forward to hearing about it though. I'll just continue to be a BG allstar.

Also I'm getting the WildStar bug right now. Had fun in closed beta but I didn't preorder at all because I got bored of the leveling content quickly. Watching all these streams is making me want to buy it now. Still gotta get my graphics card fixed though. =(

Come to the...space cowboy? side. Every MMO fan should get in on big MMO launches. It's always the best time to test a game out (after the server hiccups leave, naturally). Servers seem to be doing well now unless you got on one of the mega PVP servers.

UltraMav

Oh, you are on a PVP server! I generally stay away because of the culture it creates after a couple months set in (ie: good luck leveling alts, traveling solo, etc). I look forward to hearing about it though. I'll just continue to be a BG allstar.

Yeah I'm with you on the pvp server culture, but my RL friends who picked it up only play PvP servers so had to join them.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Any of you guys know of some really nice looking Jedi Guardian-ish orange / purple armor?

I don't wanna look too generic, but I don't wanna look weirdly out of place or too sith like either.

I was wearing the galvanized manhunters chest, dyed red black but it made me look too much like a bounty hunter, but if I dyed it brown white it looked kinda of awful.

So now I'm wearing restored triumverate chest + boots and some bulky gloves as it makes me look really heavy duty, but I have no idea what helm to put on with it. But it's missing a lot of the Jedi-ness to it I think.

Ocho

Any of you guys have two spare NA Wildstar guest passes?

I've been having a lot of fun in Swtor but my buddy and I want to try that game.

Enjoying wildstar but the pvp matches just make me miss the more controlled nature of SWTOR PVP warzones. Wildstar PVP can just turn into huge messes of abilities going off with no idea whats happening and floors covered in telegraphs. I look forward to warplots, but still love the PVP SWTOR has for more organized play.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Any of you guys know of some really nice looking Jedi Guardian-ish orange / purple armor?

I don't wanna look too generic, but I don't wanna look weirdly out of place or too sith like either.

I was wearing the galvanized manhunters chest, dyed red black but it made me look too much like a bounty hunter, but if I dyed it brown white it looked kinda of awful.

So now I'm wearing restored triumverate chest + boots and some bulky gloves as it makes me look really heavy duty, but I have no idea what helm to put on with it. But it's missing a lot of the Jedi-ness to it I think.

This is the best place to go to see all sets and get some great ideas. http://tor-fashion.com/

Enjoying wildstar but the pvp matches just make me miss the more controlled nature of SWTOR PVP warzones. Wildstar PVP can just turn into huge messes of abilities going off with no idea whats happening and floors covered in telegraphs. I look forward to warplots, but still love the PVP SWTOR has for more organized play.

Not related to Wildstar but I've been doing some PVP in Archeage alpha and I agree, there is something with the SWTOR PVP that I just love. It feels much more tactical.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
They're doing another cartel flash sale this weekend. Every hour something is offered at a huge discount. Just picked up a Solus Secant mount for 150CCs, 90% off.

Last time they had some nice armour sets on sale as well but I missed out on most of them.

EDIT: Just found out the account unlocks are ALSO on sale. It was 50CCs to unlock the Secant for all my toons, 90% off as well. So 200 for having it all your characters, great deal.

Oh man this is great,
are there any sites made to
compare leg armors?

Oops, sorry, I missed this. I don't know of any sites that you can compare looks that specifically. The Tor Fashion site is the best one out there I think. Dulfy runs the site. This one pretty good too though - http://www.swtorista.com/

Al13n

Neo Member
Is this game still getting any major DLC content? Trying WildStar atm, but it makes me miss SWTOR (if that makes any sense).

Is this game still getting any major DLC content? Trying WildStar atm, but it makes me miss SWTOR (if that makes any sense).

It's getting regular content updates, but they haven't announced the next paid for expansion yet, though they say one is coming this year.

StudioTan

Housing is coming in Aug. Mid-sized expansion before the end of the year, similar in size to Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

StudioTan

Pictures of the Tattooine homestead:

929129_627674870635433_1135033040_n.jpg

928570_847433891950810_568198496_n.jpg

Interesting that the time of day is different.

Also, they had a cantina event in LA and someone asked how the housing compared to Wildstar. The answer eased some of my fears that item placement would be somewhat limited:

Question:

How intricate will the decorations for the strongholds be? Will it be anything like Wildstar?

Answer:

Strongholds will be extremely intricate in that you will be able to place items as you see fit. Décor items can be created through trade skills and will be drops from mobs, flashpoints, and operations. This intricacy will be inherently Star Wars and will rival the housing of other games and it will very customizable.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Getting back in to swtor with a few friends now that my ESO hype has died down, having fun thus far, pvp is as easy as always and it's kind of nice getting back into a WoW-esque MMO (I like switching back and forth between the 4 button more mobile MMO's and the 20 button WoW ones). Thank god for the upcoming double xp weekend, hoping to finally finish most of the class stories by only doing primary planet missions and class missions.

Syf

Banned
Been getting back into this game myself and yeah, really enjoying it again. The pvp is some of the best around imo, and I like the Oricon dread master stuff. Looted both republic and imperial Korrealis mounts too. I think the game has enough to do to keep my sub active this time around. Can't wait for housing.

StudioTan

Dev post is up about the housing expansion - Developer Update: Introduction to Galactic Strongholds

Placing items seems to be a fancier version of LOTRO's system. You can place items in slots designed for specific sizes but then you can move them around a bit. You can also swap slots with other kinds of slots. It's not as good as being able to freely place anything anywhere but it should allow for a decent amount of customization.

StrongholdsIntro_GIF_01.gif

StrongholdsIntro_GIF_02.gif

They are also doing a live stream today on Twitch at 1:30 PDT showing off the housing.

Anyone have any advice on how to make credits, quickly? I'm poor as shit and it's bothering me lol.

Sell mats. You can make a profit from selling mats your companions get from quests but selling mats you gather yourself is pure profit.

StudioTan

Are we getting guild flaghships in the future? I swear I heard something about that recently.

It's supposed to be coming in the same update as housing. They haven't shown that yet.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Whoa that's surprising. Should be fun I hope, the housing stuff looks pretty promising.

Trying to decide what to level the rest of this double XP week as my shadow should hit 55 in a day or so.

Im thinking scoundrel or commando.

Top Bottom