• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Moff

hm yeah, the strongolds dont really sound as bad as I thought, the whole key and public viewing might make this actually worth something. although I still think housing witthout actual building in the actual world isnt real housing.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
hm yeah, the strongolds dont really sound as bad as I thought, the whole key and public viewing might make this actually worth something. although I still think housing witthout actual building in the actual world isnt real housing.

I agree somewhat but as I've been playing Archeage which has that I think it's a bit overrated since it means all the good spots are gone pretty early and anyone new coming into the game gets scraps to choose from in terms of where they can place a house.

Paganmoon

So I decided to give this another go after 2 and a half years (played at launch, but only the first month included), and well, it's going to get some taking used to, almost died taking on 2 normal mobs with my inquisitor, couldn't recall what abilities were best etc.

Anyway, logged over to my Jedi Knight, and saw Doc wanted to talk to me, remembered I never finished his quests, due to it being bugged to hell and back at launch. Happily go to the ship (being reminded that it was silly for the ship to have to leave dock just cause you entered it), find the Doc, and... nothing, he doesn't want to talk to me... it's been almost 3 years, they still haven't fixed this damned quest?

Tried Googeling the bug, but all posts I can find of it are from 2011-2012, so I'm guessing it -has- been fixed, but can't seem to find a workaround. Any ideas? (I'm level 50 on the Knight btw, so shouldn't be level related).

th3dude

I installed last night and got up to level 5. MMO mechanics are pretty familiar but still learning the ropes.

1) Are there any subscription trials or referrals that will let me try a subscription?
2) Any GAF guilds or others that want a noob member?

I'm on the GAF server on the Republic side.

Thanks!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I installed last night and got up to level 5. MMO mechanics are pretty familiar but still learning the ropes.

1) Are there any subscription trials or referrals that will let me try a subscription?
2) Any GAF guilds or others that want a noob member?

I'm on the GAF server on the Republic side.

Thanks!

If you feel like starting over you can try using one of the referal links in this thread assuming they're still active, I believe you have to make your account with the referal link for it to work.

Referal gives you 7 days to play the game with full subscriber benefits.

th3dude

If you feel like starting over you can try using one of the referal links in this thread assuming they're still active, I believe you have to make your account with the referal link for it to work.

Referal gives you 7 days to play the game with full subscriber benefits.

Yea don't really mind. Are they in the OP or elsewhere?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Just finished watching the live stream. Overall the housing is pretty impressive. They only showed Nar Shaddaa but it's a HUGE space once you unlock all the rooms. They even have a landing pad (that you can't get to) where you can place GSF ships you own.

Item placement doesn't allow you move anything anywhere but the hook system they are using is pretty robust, there are hundreds of potential slots within the house and changing the layout of the hooks gives you a lot of options. I like that you can place companions, pets, mounts and even things like a GTN or jukebox. It's also cool that guilds can own a stronghold. That will be great.

They are doing a live stream every week until launch. They will be talking about guild ships soon.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Reinstalled this earlier to play again and have just had to uninstall and do a system restore =/

Tried to boot in unsupported resolution/refresh rate and PC wouldn't load except in safe mode, tried uninstalling video driver and everything.

Too much hassle.

Low Tier
Just got into this game, been playing with a few friends, and we just dinged 55 2 days ago.

Really enjoying Sith Assassin class right now, its reminiscent of vanilla rogue mixed with enhancement shaman! Did pretty well my first few arenas, although I still gotta get used to LoS and all that stuff.

Enjoying it so far, if anyone wants to add me i'd love to pvp with them!

iZXl1CQ.png

Heysoos

Have they talked about adding cross server PvP? I wanted that added or at least announced before I came back.

Yes they have and they said it's not something they are looking into. Which is why I quit. PVP community was dying during prime time hours and forget playing in off hours, it was just the same fully geared premade stomping teams that wouldn't fill up.

What server?

Jedi Covenant

Milly79

Yes they have and they said it's not something they are looking into. Which is why I quit. PVP community was dying during prime time hours and forget playing in off hours, it was just the same fully geared premade stomping teams that wouldn't fill up.

Come to BC, the factions are pretty balanced. Pub does have a slight advantage, but it's still manageable most of the time. Haven't been subbed for months, but I picked it back up F2P with warzone passes and it's been pretty fun.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Started gearing out my jedi shadow in 168s and he's been such a blast! Balance has really gotten insanely powerful. Even in world pvp I feel like balance is just the better, jumping imps hasn't felt this satisfying in a while. Open with force in balance hitting like a truck from 30 meters dismounting them, sever force from 30 meters rooting them in place, then force speed rushing into them, dropping force slow and force breach, force wave and project, stunning them use spinning strike and double strike to brutalize em down and it's all over for them before the realize what happened.

Heysoos

Started gearing out my jedi shadow in 168s and he's been such a blast! Balance has really gotten insanely powerful. Even in world pvp I feel like balance is just the better, jumping imps hasn't felt this satisfying in a while. Open with force in balance hitting like a truck from 30 meters dismounting them, sever force from 30 meters rooting them in place, then force speed rushing into them, dropping force slow and force breach, force wave and project, stunning them use spinning strike and double strike to brutalize em down and it's all over for them before the realize what happened.

I always liked Balance better on my Sage. Felt oddly satisfying for some reason. I absolutely adore Infiltration on my Shadow though. Picking off people that are just on the side trying to free cast is always fun, plus teaming up with another stealthie to burn down healers is a blast.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I always liked Balance better on my Sage. Felt oddly satisfying for some reason. I absolutely adore Infiltration on my Shadow though. Picking off people that are just on the side trying to free cast is always fun, plus teaming up with another stealthie to burn down healers is a blast.

Infiltration is fun because of how super bursty it is, also since it has no DoTs you never have to worry about breaking CC on other players :p

Double XP is gone and I've managed to get my Consular to 50 and my Jedi Knight to 39. If I was subbed I might've been able to get my JK to 50.

I want it to come back already.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I kinda wanted to go full black dye on my agile recon robes (probable the coolest robes in the game if you ask me)

But I figured that being a jedi, I should probably keep em white so I still look like a good guy :p

Lashley

What can I do with this orange armor stuff I got in mail? Looks like Heirlooms but none suit my Jedi Knight

Lashley

What's the name of the armor? Also, did you get the invite? If not, I'll be on in a bit, patching the game atm.

Nah, I didn't.

And there were like 3 different sets. I made a new character, had 5 mail, 2 were fireworks rest were orange legacy gear

Was it pilot gear from the star fighter expansion? If you were subbed during a certain period around GSF's roll out, you got unlocked on your account the suit of pilot gear

Lashley

Was it pilot gear from the star fighter expansion? If you were subbed during a certain period around GSF's roll out, you got unlocked on your account the suit of pilot gear

Nope aint subbed since it first came out its:

republic experimental pilot gear
imperial covert pilot
republic squadron commander pilot

its adaptive armor

im on now if anyone wants to inv me to guild (Lashee)

Giolon

Nope aint subbed since it first came out its:

republic experimental pilot gear
imperial covert pilot
republic squadron commander pilot

its adaptive armor

im on now if anyone wants to inv me to guild (Lashee)

Yep, that's the GSF gear. It's all Legacy Bound so you can mail it to an alt or toss it if you really don't want it.

Top Bottom