• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

kmz

Neo Member
Yeah, I'd bet it's a NumLock issue. Happens to me occasionally with my Naga and it's really annoying because I won't even notice until say, I get into a WZ and all of a sudden none of my attacks are firing and then I have to hunt down NumLock on my stupid keyboard layout.

TheMink

Yeah, I'd bet it's a NumLock issue. Happens to me occasionally with my Naga and it's really annoying because I won't even notice until say, I get into a WZ and all of a sudden none of my attacks are firing and then I have to hunt down NumLock on my stupid keyboard layout.

But my keyboard works and my mouse wont, i cant even use it in the password box ok the login screen of the game. But the rest of my mouse totally works.

EDIT: but i can just type it into the start menu and it works no problem. So it is totally working

Heysoos

Numbers above the keyboard

Yeah ive re-inputted the assignment multiple times, no dice.

Go to your bind options in game, and switch rebind them to 7 8 9 on your numpad and then click the settings on your mouse and see they work then.

I have the Logitech MMO mouse and it was a pain in the beginning because the software would sometimes reset and use the numbers above keyboard instead of numpad.

TheMink

Go to your bind options in game, and switch rebind them to 7 8 9 on your numpad and then click the settings on your mouse and see they work then.

I have the Logitech MMO mouse and it was a pain in the beginning because the software would sometimes reset and use the numbers above keyboard instead of numpad.

K im trying it now....

Heysoos

By far the easiest test, is go to a open quickbar slot and bind the following combination into it:

shift + (whatever number on your mouse you're using)

if it comes out to s+#

The mouse is using the numbers above your keyboard, if it comes out to something like

End, Down Arrow, Home, etc etc,

it's using your numpad.

TheMink

By far the easiest test, is go to a open quickbar slot and bind the following combination into it:

shift + (whatever number on your mouse you're using)

if it comes out to s+#

The mouse is using the numbers above your keyboard, if it comes out to something like

End, Down Arrow, Home, etc etc,

it's using your numpad.

Ok, so how do i bind a slot? Sorry im a little confused >.<

Heysoos

Ok, so how do i bind a slot? Sorry im a little confused >.<

No worries. Click Escape or go to your settings in game. Go to Preferences, click on Keybindings, then Quickbar.

Click whatever slot you have open, then when it will ask you to enter your desired keybind. Click Shift and your mouse button at the same time. Apply it, then look at your quickslots.

If your quickslot looks like:
s+1 ----- then your mouse button is configured to use the numbers above your keyboard

If it comes out as:
End ------ then your mouse button is set to the numpad.

TheMink

No worries. Click Escape or go to your settings in game. Go to Preferences, click on Keybindings, then Quickbar.

Click whatever slot you have open, then when it will ask you to enter your desired keybind. Click Shift and your mouse button at the same time. Apply it, then look at your quickslots.

If your quickslot looks like:
s+1 ----- then your mouse button is configured to use the numbers above your keyboard

If it comes out as:
End ------ then your mouse button is set to the numpad.

Its not even registering im clicking anything (´&#65381;_&#65381;`)

TheMink

That is weird indeed. What software are you using with your mouse?

Logitech SetPoint settings i guess?

Im extremely confused because it was just working yesterday, and before i customized the buttons myself the default for one of the buttons was auto walk and that always worked.

EDIT: just for kicks, switched it to default and it wasnt working still, so i dont know whats going on >.<

Before i asked i also restarted my computer and re-plugged my mouse.
And that didnt fix it either

Heysoos

Logitech SetPoint settings i guess?

Im extremely confused because it was just working yesterday, and before i customized the buttons myself the default for one of the buttons was auto walk and that always worked.

EDIT: just for kicks, switched it to default and it wasnt working still, so i dont know whats going on >.<

Before i asked i also restarted my computer and re-plugged my mouse.
And that didnt fix it either

Not sure what's going on. I've never had any problems with the game not reading my binds correctly. Sounds like it's a problem with the mouse's software honestly.

TheMink

Not sure what's going on. I've never had any problems with the game not reading my binds correctly. Sounds like it's a problem with the mouse's software honestly.

But why would it work for everything else out of game? :(

Argh so frustrated. Ok, ill see if cant figure something out. Thanks for your help :)

Milly79

Trust me, we weren't trying to drag it out, just couldn't kill them fast enough because of their damn three Operative healers cross healing. (I'm F'Shep there.)

I don't know how Ino managed to survive though, honestly, since he was our only healer. I think a lot of the Imps DPSers must have been inexperienced (other than Powertaco, he's in Uncensored). I'm surprised you've never seen him though... he PVPs quite a bit, and I know he's done the PUG RWZ thing at least a few times recently.

BTW, that was indeed a damn impressive RWZ match you linked... 5mil+ total healing, holy shit. Wish I could have joined in last night but had other in-game obligations. Have to admit, I've had my run-ins with the LD-50 guys but this pug RWZ thing has been pretty cool.

Always nice to have new people on GAF, welcome aboard F'Shep! I've seen you around quite a bit, along with Ino.

Edit - Well, seems you've been here since '11. Never knew you were F'Shep. :p

And LD50 isn't as bad as I thought they were. I'm sure they have some bad seeds in the guild, but who doesn't? Personally I could care less for Uncensored.

kms_md

Yep, that's been a bug for a while. Not real way around it that I know of other than not completing the quest. You just gotta take it on the chin and log back in quick and get back to get your rewards.

this happened to me today - it was a bit of a surprise as i had not played in about 2 months.

kmz

Neo Member
Always nice to have new people on GAF, welcome aboard F'Shep! I've seen you around quite a bit, along with Ino.

Edit - Well, seems you've been here since '11. Never knew you were F'Shep. :p

Thanks! I've mostly just been a lurker, heh.

Alur

And LD50 isn't as bad as I thought they were. I'm sure they have some bad seeds in the guild, but who doesn't? Personally I could care less for Uncensored.

I agree every guild has it's turds. My issue with the LD50 guys has always been they talk shit just to demean. There's nothing friendly or fun about it.

8 man pug with horribad players vs LD50 = Ripper nine says if he was that bad he would off himself instead of logging in again. LD50 vs anyone beats them = gg try hards stack fotm more. Ld50 vs good team and they win = terribads l2p try hards. Same team with LD50 = we lost because of you, or won because of us. Oh yeah, and we talked shit about how bad you were all game.

They can never admit anyone else has any skill or beat them fairly. Everyone is terrible. How you can be disgusted by Uncensored and not them is beyond me. Devil and co do their share of trolling, but on a personal level they are fine. It's their shtick. They behave just fine if you talk to them one on one or on vent and they don't exclude non-guildees or run only their set 4 man or even 8 man group just for wins.

On that note, however, both guilds and all the other shit talking in PVP is the main reason I haven't played the last few weeks. Just burnt out on it. KV days and even early JC (minus The Turks of course) everyone was fairly nice, trolls were stamped out, and we had some kind of community where people were really interchangeable. Now, it's mostly 3 to 6 person cliques and an arms race to blame everyone else for a loss. It's disheartening compared to where we came from.

But hey, that's PVP I guess. I'll be back at it soon probably, just gotta find the love again.

Milly79

You left again? Sheesh!

And idk, with LD50 putting this ranked together they have definitely shown their true colors, imo. I have not seen many trash talk (been really lucky, I guess) except for the first day of xfers I swear to God they were hacking and at that point talking shit.

Not only does Uncensored have Devil (whom I don't mind all that much, I take him as a troll, but I also don't like how he thinks he is the God at sniping), but Uncensored cannot take a loss, that's for fucking sure. Not to mention the other night they bailed from PUG ranked to make their own team to roll PUGS, just because they lost a few games and zomg ranking in pre-season means so much! It's also funny how I don't see many classes outside of Sages, Sentinels and Vanguards on their side, but when we have 2 smashers it's "lol smash" like they've never ran it before. For the majority, they're completely classless.

Alur

You left again? Sheesh!

And idk, with LD50 putting this ranked together they have definitely shown their true colors, imo. I have not seen many trash talk (been really lucky, I guess) except for the first day of xfers I swear to God they were hacking and at that point talking shit.

Not only does Uncensored have Devil (whom I don't mind all that much, I take him as a troll, but I also don't like how he thinks he is the God at sniping), but Uncensored cannot take a loss, that's for fucking sure. Not to mention the other night they bailed from PUG ranked to make their own team to roll PUGS, just because they lost a few games and zomg ranking in pre-season means so much! It's also funny how I don't see many classes outside of Sages, Sentinels and Vanguards on their side, but when we have 2 smashers it's "lol smash" like they've never ran it before. For the majority, they're completely classless.

So LD50 is doing like schoolyard pickup RWZs now? Wow. Surprised. Most of the shit talk I'm talking about occurred while you were out of game and/or not PVPing for that time around F2P launch and what not. They were really bad as I leveled my scoundrel because 4 of them were running premades in lowbies leveling alts as well and trolling everyone there too.

How do they pick players for this random ranked warzone thing?

And yes, neither guild can whine about the lolsmash. And Devil is most definitely not the God of sniping, or even top 5. He's a great leader in rwzs, but he's not the 1v1 champ by any means.

vilmer_

Looks like they are finally putting their foot down with regards to cheating/hacking. We had a guy on our server named Gingers who was blatantly hacking and laughing about it. It appears his account has gone bye bye.

Milly79

Ah, yeah. I can definitely see the problem then.

Basically everyone joins /puppvp and Combatmedic/his assistants make ops groups. I think we've had around 3 FULL ops groups worth of people. We generally meet on Ilum Orbital Station and whatever role you are stands in a certain spot while captains are in the middle picking. Captains are generally random and anyone can be one. It's been fairly even so far. A lot of people like to experiment with choosing random people to see how good they are/meet people. It's serious, but not to the point of people getting pissed off and worrying about their pre-season rank. I know Nebu along with Uncensored has rage quit at points and some won't even participate (Honorof) because they care so much about winning.

And honestly, that's all Uncensored cares about. 1v1. Would you honestly send a Sniper to 1v1 a node? I certainly wouldn't. I'd leave it to a Rauder, Sin or Op to go do that kind of shit, and I'll never understand why they get off so much about 1v1s... Devil can't even do dmg that damn great, and he usually runs AoE specs (Engi/Hyrbid/Leth) to pad his numbers so he can have people put them on the forums. I'd like to see him do 900k as MM without having a guard, pocket healing, or asking the team to let him farm people (like he's done before).

He has openly called me a noob running a trash spec on Ditto, not knowing who I was because I kept popping him out of cover and I was trying to cast Flyby out of cover with 12 seconds left in Civil War while he sat on the ledge. He is certainly a joke and I just kept loling at him repeatedly.

HBroward

Looks like they are finally putting their foot down with regards to cheating/hacking. We had a guy on our server named Gingers who was blatantly hacking and laughing about it. It appears his account has gone bye bye.

I'm so happy they are dealing with that. I just wish there was a way to deal with the print screen spammers making matches super laggy. There are always the same people in the laggy matches, and it always happens to be "good" players.

Heysoos

I'm so happy they are dealing with that. I just wish there was a way to deal with the print screen spammers making matches super laggy. There are always the same people in the laggy matches, and it always happens to be "good" players.

Wait, what's this print screen spammers thing about?

Heysoos

People print screen near gobs of players to lag the game.

Is this why sometimes they appear to be somewhere when they're really not? I'm not talking about this occasionally happening, it happened a few times in Huttball when the whole team was after someone but they kept appearing where they were not all the way until they got to our endzone and it stopped.

Heysoos

I think that is more so the game predicting where players are and warping through floors, etc. Are you talking about that?

Nah, it's kind of similar though, but with the warping thing you can constantly see their movements even if they end up being the wrong ones. With the one I'm talking about they're still in one area, but you can't attack them because they're really in another area. They somewhat teleport around. They both seem really similar at first, but I started noticing this a lot when it only happened when they were carrying the ball and they had my team following the player trying to kill him.

While I blamed it on server lag at first, it only seemed to happen when they had the ball. I figured it might be due to a high concentration of players on the ball, but even then, big fights in the middle of the huttball field, this doesn't happen.

I'll be back from tomorrow night, popped on 2 days ago to buy the life day crud.

Seems not much has changed tho but im guessing the dev team are on holiday for a bit.

HBroward

Yea, finally sorted out my new house and internet so should be good to go, less than triumphant return is a go!

Great news, can't wait to get you back in the mix of things. We can catch your guys up gear wise super quick now. Everyone in our raid group is fully geared, so you could pretty much just have everything in any run you go on. And an op healer for pvp and raiding, can't wait!

kms_md

I have an operative healer - in roughly Tier 3 gear (mix of rakata and BH). if you need someone lmk. i have been away from the game for about 2 months. i also have a Tier 3 geared pyro PT and marauder.

Great news, can't wait to get you back in the mix of things. We can catch your guys up gear wise super quick now. Everyone in our raid group is fully geared, so you could pretty much just have everything in any run you go on. And an op healer for pvp and raiding, can't wait!

Yeah thats my only hurdle to wanting to do the new stuff plus my PVP gear is going to need majorly upgrading, still got mostly BM gear mixed with Warhero

Recently rejoined SWTOR (thanks unemployment!), and I found out all my characters have been shoved over to the Jedi Covenant server, allowing me to join the GAF guild.

I have three 50s (Warrior, Agent, Consular), and a mid 20s Trooper I am currently playing. Who I should I talk on either side?

Top Bottom