• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Milabrega

Congrats on finally getting in Pandaman I've added you and Ace 1991 to the list, be sure to add me! (Milabrega.Mila)

I still need a lot of peoples' Battle.net I.D.'s for the list

zoukka said:
I'm up for games. There a IRC channed where you meet up?? Hook a nerd up.

You are EU beta so we can't play together, but there's an IRC for TvC/SF4 and now BC2 we could use for SC2 beta, only myself and another in there atm with the SC2 beta though. Its in the OP of this thread. Though it is pretty easy to coordinate matches on BNET just using its buddy list function, wish they'd put channels back in though or have a BNET light so I can just use the Blist/check ladder and news.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Milabrega said:
Congrats on finally getting in Pandaman I've added you and Ace 1991 to the list, be sure to add me! (Milabrega.Mila)

I still need a lot of peoples' Battle.net I.D.'s for the list
added you.

--

about how strong is 11/10 hatch?[11 drones/hatch/overlord/pool] i just tried it and i rolled a terran who seemed to be doing well, but i dont think he scouted it so im not sure how easy it is to counter. im also doing creep tumour first when my queen hatches to keep my unit speed up.

hmm. worked again, but on a scrubbier player. whats with the void ray rushers building like, 14 probes?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Grats Panda. Good to have another good SC player in.

I wouldn't especially call a fast expo strong unless it is built into your game plan. Remember you can have ~2.5x the harvesters + 6 on gas for a base to be running well. Optimal is 2x, Max is 3x.

We are talking about at least 8x2 + 3/6 for gas drones.

Early game it is up to you if you think you can pump drones or not. That is why the fast queen + larva (I think you can save creep tumor for later game or just use the overlord ability when you get Lair). Pumping those extra 4 drones / units is a gigantic boost.

When you have the econ to support another hatch (drones, then queen) I'd go for it.

I still try to 'get away' with fast expanding, but it doesn't seem as necessary so I wonder if I really need it. Stuck in SC mode.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i had completely forgotten about overlords spawning creep, wonderful that'll save me some early minerals.

yea, my inner brood war player is always screaming: why arent you expanding? you're zerg!

i want to play around with infestors but games are ending quickly and if they're not, void rays are involved and they cant target air. :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pandaman said:
i had completely forgotten about overlords spawning creep, wonderful that'll save me some early minerals.

yea, my inner brood war player is always screaming: why arent you expanding? you're zerg!

i want to play around with infestors but games are ending quickly and if they're not, void rays are involved and they cant target air. :(
:lol No more jacking their void ray and killing their single pylon powering their entire base right?

The infestor nerf was pretty harsh but they are still a great unit from what I have seen.
I'm only commenting from AI / stream btw so take my words for what they are worth.

KawaiiRice is also streaming again.
www.livestream.com/bukkit
TvT starting right now

Hazaro said:
I still try to 'get away' with fast expanding, but it doesn't seem as necessary so I wonder if I really need it. Stuck in SC mode.

I've been trying to do early expansion builds as much as I can, if only because I know that sort of play is going to serve me better as the metagame matures. It's not easy to do when even the midrange plat players love their 3 gate chargelots / one base roach / 3 rax stim all-ins but whenever I do scout something sane I do try to get up that expansion early on.

edit: lol on the stream, a bio rush in TvT. Battle.net except at the very very top is like D+ iccup, everyone has their cute cheese and you literally have to prepare for every ridiculous thing under the sun. Usually it's not a problem but I've told my monitor a few times "god I wish these people would grow up and play some fucking Starcraft".

Yea.. totally..

I mean god.. who do these people think they are.. Why can't they be fucking Korean ICCup Pros in this Beta Test. I mean.. why do they let such trash into Betas.. Fuck.. I mean the point of Betas is for me to have insane competition and win large prizes at the end. God damn I hate how beta tests are like this. I need super amazing pros to play and not this piddly shit where people try to rush with lame strategies etc. I'm too good for this.

Beta tests are the definition of me becoming better and fighting the best of the best.. not to test out bugs and stress test servers while figuring out balances in a game.. Yea.. Screw that crap.

nilbog21

Banned
bro like you're doing any of that.. it's those 'serious' players who push the game to its limits, figure out the exploits, find the bugs, , make apparent balance issues, etc etc etc ..

nilbog21 said:
bro like you're doing any of that.. it's those 'serious' players who push the game to its limits, figure out the exploits, find the bugs, , make apparent balance issues, etc etc etc ..
Bahah..

If that was the case then this beta would have been closed to only participatants in those big leagues. Except thats not how any beta for Blizz has gone.. nor will go.. so deal with it people.. Its a fucking beta Dont expect the elite of all competitors to be out there..

Frag isn't even some supreme god player either.. the guy is in Silver League...

Milabrega

Well nilbog21 isn't in the beta, if he was, he'd know Turtlesnatcher is only 1 of two NeoGafer's in the Platinum 1v1 league and consistently the better half of many 2v2 teams.

Mudkips said:
Man, SC is SERIOUS BUSINESS :lol :lol .
It's a beta, stop getting defensive.
serious business yo.

Why arent these other beta testers champions from iccup. God.. damnit im angry rawr... :lol

Milabrega said:
Well nilbog21 isn't in the beta, if he was, he'd know Turtlesnatcher is only 1 of two NeoGafer's in the Platinum 1v1 league and consistently the better half of many 2v2 teams.

I'm seriously not that good.. haha..

I just did really well in placement.. Platinum has been raping me.. but I'm still in Plat! I probably should be in Gold though.

Trasher

Milabrega said:
I'm not in the beta and I knew that!

...man I wish I was in the beta. :(

lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i have a bad zerg lategame. :(

i had a terran contained to his natural and he kept going for these gold minerals, i kep blocking him but once he got a planetary fortress up, it held off pretty much everything. after a few failures i reteched to broodlords and destroyed it, but a massive surprise m&m push beat me. :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pandaman said:
i have a bad zerg lategame. :(

i had a terran contained to his natural and he kept going for these gold minerals, i kep blocking him but once he got a planetary fortress up, it held off pretty much everything. after a few failures i reteched to broodlords and destroyed it, but a massive surprise m&m push beat me. :(
And when he gets that High Yield he can just call down MULES from his other 2 orbital commands to it :p

nilbog21

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
Fragamemnon vs. Turtlesnatcher, best of 5.

Upload replays.

make it happen boys :D give us nonbeta users something good to watch ;D

fragamemnon is the other good gaffer besides turtle?

Milabrega

Mint sign in! We need one more for a 2v2 lobby, but everyone sign in we can have Obs rotate in.

Pandaman and I just did very well in our 2v2 qualifiers, 8-0 and then 0-2 to finish up =/ We lost when we were favored and ran the show when we weren't. I think our best game was a ZZ v TT when we were the zerg. They went Mass Marauder to counter our Roaches, they kept the pressure up but we were able to tech quick to Muta's and they never adjusted. We're now Platinum 2v2 division 23 (same division as Entropia and two of his partners).

Gaf 1v1 challenge games are nice, but we should set up a gaf tournament.

lol Teknopathetic is just pushing in since i was talking to him on IRC..

I'd get crushed XD. My argument is people shouldn't expect or demand god level play in a BETA. It makes no sense to bitch or compare Bnet right now to iccup play..

Its BETA. Wait until retail where all the pros will then have access and big tournaments start. Just makes no sense..

mint said:
OOh oooh ooh I want to be in the srs business 1on1 too!!! I want to play against Fragamemnon. :)

I need a new partner other then mint.. this guy is never on =[

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
TurtleSnatcher said:

Maybe he can give me his key and then I can take his place! Muahahaha!

Pandaman said:
what would you need?

I'm mainly looking for somebody who can make some slick banners. I'm not that great with Photoshop. I can make some halfway decent rectangular banners, but I'm sorta imagining the OP having a look like the game's Terran UI. That would require some finesse and talent that I don't have.

mint

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
lol Teknopathetic is just pushing in since i was talking to him on IRC..

I'd get crushed XD. My argument is people shouldn't expect or demand god level play in a BETA. It makes no sense to bitch or compare Bnet right now to iccup play..

Its BETA. Wait until retail where all the pros will then have access and big tournaments start. Just makes no sense..

I work on Saturday nights :( I'm working right now. But I'm free on Sunday nights. Was also playing FF13 the last time you messaged me. We can get to Plat!!! I know we can :eek:

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Fragamemnon said:
Dunno, any decent Terran player will just pull SCVs (as units that fast usually mean some kind of all-in strategy, which yours is) and prevent your zealots from getting near the marines.
if he's pulling his scvs off the minerals to attack you, i consider that a win since scvs attacking you aren't mining minerals.

Milabrega

:lol "So when should we let them know we're platinum league 2v2ers"

... we lost :lol

Good games tonight.

Does Saturday night count as prime time? Users online number never broke 7000. I guess that's a good sign for people waiting on keys if blizzard's intended goal is to have 10k on.

I noticed one in game UI bug tonight, when I spam or hold down backspace in chat, the first character will remain visible though if you press enter or type in new characters it will not transmit.

mint

Banned
Ultra textures and high..it's very hard to notice the difference. Plus I get an extra 30-40 fps from playing on high, which ensures that I press the s button right at 0:00

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ahem.

WHY THE HELL ARE MARINES MAPPED TO A?

if we had lost that game because i was mashing m on reactor barracks, i would have raged so hard.

mint

Banned
Pandaman said:
ahem.

WHY THE HELL ARE MARINES MAPPED TO A?

if we had lost that game because i was mashing m on reactor barracks, i would have raged so hard.
A is alot better than M lol.

mint

Banned
No I can still play, my brother and I have 2 computers and had separate accounts. We only played together just one time, and it was against each other too. :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Mudkips said:
Craigslist.

Mudkips.gaf (is that how this works?) is me I think.
How did this end up going?
Payment / transaction / e-mail (transfer? I assume he can change password)

Cheers.

Mudkips

Banned
Hazaro said:
How did this end up going?
Payment / transaction / e-mail (transfer? I assume he can change password)

Cheers.

Uh, some guy selling key on craigs list.
I said "me".
He said "ok".
Sent me key, I added to my account, and I'm in.
I pay hims.

So played a 2v2 and lost.. and the guy was like mocking me or something then went off and said "Here Ill help you.. Make more workers. You should make more workers.. like 3x what you have"

That made me lawl. He was zerg.. his partner was also zerg. I was zerg

I had an expansion that was just going on .. hadn't finished it yet but in the end I finished with 45 workers made (The game last 10-15 mins). His partner a zerg as well had a few less workers then me.. Not sure if he had an expo.

The the guy ridiculing me had 1 expansion only.. and had 66 workers as Zerg.. 66....

And he's telling me to make more.. yet you factor in.. 8 patches per base.. its either 6 or 7 at natural.. then 2 gasses each.

16 workers main base on gems - 6 workers on gas
12-14 workers natural on gems - 6 workers on gas.

Thats like around 40..

Why would he need 66...

In the end he only had like 8 mutas because he was so damn busy making workers and my partner didnt even make any marines to counter so he got bumfucked.. while I had hydras and roaches and was holding off the roach massing other zerg.

Yet I needed more workers.. wut? People are funny.

I don't play zerg but 66 seems like an awful lot, especially for only having 2 bases. I could see the point in saturating if your going for a 3rd base but otherwise I think theres mineral better spent elsewhere at that point.

I prefer playing Protoss, but have been dabbling in Terran. Was #1 in 1v1 copper league and I would be silver if I hadn't stopped playing Protoss to learn Terran. I'm gold in 2v2 Random and was in 2v2 Platinum for a while with a friend. Haven't been able to play for a while because I am 4 days into a 7-day work week.

B.net name is Moofaa.moofaa if you want to add me to the list.

The changes in key bindings really screwed me in the placement matches, I probably should have done a few vs. comp games first lol.

Top Bottom