• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

mint said:
I just said I work on Saturday (now Sunday morning) night! >:p
wtf where do you work :(

Yea I hit 2v2 platinum with a friend.. we are terrible haha.. Not sure how we got platinum.

Pretty sure Ill hit 2v2 Platinum with mint when we get a few more games in. we are close to finishing placement.

My 1v1 in Platinum is like waay on the bottom of platinum.. Though I dont fear getting kicked out since the guy who is last in my division has 200 less rating then me :lol

mint

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
wtf where do you work :(

Yea I hit 2v2 platinum with a friend.. we are terrible haha.. Not sure how we got platinum.

Pretty sure Ill hit 2v2 Platinum with mint when we get a few more games in. we are close to finishing placement.

My 1v1 in Platinum is like waay on the bottom of platinum.. Though I dont fear getting kicked out since the guy who is last in my division has 200 less rating then me :lol
I work at a hospital. 12 hr night shift 7p-7a

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Mudkips said:
Uh, some guy selling key on craigs list.
I said "me".
He said "ok".
Sent me key, I added to my account, and I'm in.
I pay hims.
What? :lol

Who would send their beta key to someone over the internet before payment :lol
Curious as to how much you paid since I am a desperate man. You can PM me if you like.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
does anyone else keep forgetting that overlords are no longer detectors? i was playing around with massing banshees, doing hit and run tactics on bases, cloaking to get away from mass corruptors. everytime i saw an overlord i'd steer away from them cause i didn't want to be seen by it. and then i realised it's only the overseers that can detect. -_-;

mint

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Nope. Im in the DFW area though. North Dallas.. work in Plano.

I do have a speeding ticket in Coppell! (Need to do that def driving soon) :lol
Niceeeee, didn't realize Gearbox was in Dallas :eek:

I got stopped recently for speeding but I told him I had to use the restroom really bad and he let me go lol

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
heh, dark templar drops are fun. load the warp prism with DTs unload them at the destination and then put the prism into power field mode and use warpgates to add even more DTs to your "drop".

mint

Banned
last game someone did that to me and it was very annoying. good thing he let me build a missle turret nearby..(i had no energy for the scan)

Mudkips

Banned
Hazaro said:
What? :lol

Who would send their beta key to someone over the internet before payment :lol
Curious as to how much you paid since I am a desperate man. You can PM me if you like.

Yeah, I was surprised too.
The Craigslist listing said $100, but through email he said $45 or maybe trade for a PS3 game. He said he just wanted to cover the cost of the BlizzCon ticket.

He then sent me the key email saying he trusted me and would email me tomorrow about Paypal information/where to meet in person/or what game, etc.

(No, GAF, I'm not going to screw him over.)

I hope he wants one of my shitty PS3 games.

mint said:
Niceeeee, didn't realize Gearbox was in Dallas :eek:

I got stopped recently for speeding but I told him I had to use the restroom really bad and he let me go lol

lol yea I was speeding on 635.. I cleaned my glasses (wtg me) and by the time I put em back on he was pulling out behind an under pass =[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

EDIT: Amazing how some divisions are dominated by either Terran only.. or Zerg Only or Toss only in the top 10.. some may just have none of one of the other races..

My Division is dominated by zerg..
My friends division is dominated by toss
mints division is dominated by Terran/Toss..

Hit 100 ranked games this morning on the ladder. Pretty happy-I'm beating gold players pretty consistently at this point, have a good set of builds, and usually can compete (and even win!) against some platinum players. Wish they'd bump me up to another league, or at least have some sort of absolute scale so I could see how well I was doing compared to the overall playerbase (like iccup's grades).

Yeah, I'm not good or anything, but at least I know what I am doing and rarely lose games that go on too late ( biggest issues right now is finding out just how little defense I can get away with in FE builds, except against Protoss where FE is just too dangerous).

mint said:
gg 1v1s frag.

now lets get some 2v2s going plz

first rule of 2v2 is you dont talk about 2v2. 2nd rule is to never sign on, 3rd rule is to never want to play when you are signed on.

At least that's my experience with gaf playing 2v2 since first wave, I gave up trying a while ago!

mint's TvT is really good :) Very well played in both games, he really took the immobility and fragility of mymech and rolled me a new one with bio :)

Think I'm done trying to get mech in TvT, it had been causing me some trouble and for all the times I wiped the floor with a line of siege tanks against bio, it seems like there are three other times where I get dropped (which mech is near helpless against, vikings can't catch dropships) and lose 15 SCVs to stimmed marines or just get stimmed and run over even when I have the better terrain.

Ice Monkey said:
first rule of 2v2 is you dont talk about 2v2. 2nd rule is to never sign on, 3rd rule is to never want to play when you are signed on.

At least that's my experience with gaf playing 2v2 since first wave, I gave up trying a while ago!

Yeah, I know 3-4 non-gaf people with beta keys. After the first week none of them are ever on, or if they are they log off without saying anything. Maybe they are just afraid of my l33t skillz or something.

I also know someone who got a blizzcon key and logged on once and won't share with anyone.

I keep playing when I have the chance. So when the game is released I can melt faces of those retards not playing with their beta copies.

kiryogi

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Yea I play a ton. Shocked that so many people have the opportunity but still don't play much.
This fact is so depressing to us non beta key holders.

On side note. muddykip... How much did you pay for that key.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Mudkips said:
Yeah, I was surprised too.
The Craigslist listing said $100, but through email he said $45 or maybe trade for a PS3 game. He said he just wanted to cover the cost of the BlizzCon ticket.

He then sent me the key email saying he trusted me and would email me tomorrow about Paypal information/where to meet in person/or what game, etc.

(No, GAF, I'm not going to screw him over.)

I hope he wants one of my shitty PS3 games.
That guy sounds really rad.
I am going to post ads on CL now :lol

Mudkips

Banned
kiryogi said:
This fact is so depressing to us non beta key holders.

On side note. muddykip... How much did you pay for that key.

$0.
Dude hasn't asked for payment.
It'll either be a piece of shit PS3 game I can dupe him into taking (MGS4 or SF IV, go ahead, hate me GAF) or $45.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Mudkips said:
$0.
Dude hasn't asked for payment.
It'll either be a piece of shit PS3 game I can dupe him into taking (MGS4 or SF IV, go ahead, hate me GAF) or $45.
Don't hate! Emulate!

Listing on CL posted :lol
Offering $45 when there's one above me offering $140 :lol :lol

Lexxon

I've been in the beta for about a month playing on and off (mostly off at the beginning because I was in Europe on vaca..), and I'm having a blast. I'm not all that good, but I've been getting better as a Protoss player. Still Copper in 1v1 and 2v2 with my buddy.

I'm still getting a handle on the social Bnet system (seems hokey), but I'm Porkchop.porkchopp if anyone wants to 2v2 sometime.

Even though I should be playing through Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Brutal Legend, GoW3, and all the other excellent games around these days...I'm playing SCII beta. DAMN YOU BLIZZARD! (WoW did the same thing to me last gen...)

ggs Lamonster.

I decided to Speedling Rush a Toss and Terran we just played against.. The Toss decided to mass zeals which was odd.. would have expected him to have gone for Immortals since I was Zerg..

So I didnt want to hit his probes since his Zeals would have been annoying.. So instead I decide to go for the terran.. He didnt full wall in but had a choke.. I just blasted in with Speed Lings and took out all his Marines..

Then went for the neck (scvs) and took them out.. After I got a few supply depots.. boom a ton of Zealots from his partner to save him..

So what do I do? Dance around and then run to the Protoss base and then proceed to take out a bunch of probes and pylons :lol

His zealots couldn't keep up.. it was about 5 mins of harassment with 1 group of lings while I continued to churn more out at base.

That whole game I stayed 1 base with 1 gas.. just making lings to annoy and then lamonster turtled and teched up.

In the end I nydus canaled into the Toss base as the Terran was dead and destroyed it all with Speed Lings w/ attack speed bonus and then went ultralisks :lol

Shred0r

Banned
I got a beta invite through my Battle.Net account. Is there any way to give the beta away to someone without passing on my critical account data? Don't wanna get my account hijacked, you know. I have spent a little time in the beta but i am not reall hooked by it and would like to give it away for something. GOWIII shipped would be too much asked for, i guess...
Whatever, would just want to know if there is the option for me to handle over the beta to someone else without a beta key. Or is there one deposited in my account?

Freki

Shred0r said:
I got a beta invite through my Battle.Net account. Is there any way to give the beta away to someone without passing on my critical account data? Don't wanna get my account hijacked, you know. I have spent a little time in the beta but i am not reall hooked by it and would like to give it away for something. GOWIII shipped would be too much asked for, i guess...
Whatever, would just want to know if there is the option for me to handle over the beta to someone else without a beta key. Or is there one deposited in my account?

Sadly there is no way to do that :-(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Shred0r said:
sell it for gow3 + every game attached to the account. :D

Shred0r

Banned
So is the beta worth you guys so much? I mean the beta is not gonna last long, is it?

OK, i checked my account:

- StarCraft Complation
- Diablo II Compilation
- StarCraft II Beta

I do not play those games anymore to be honest. So no big loss for me actually but i gotta think about giving my account away...
Can i change all my personal data before giving it away? Like email, address and all this personal stuff. I just would make all fake and handle over the changed email + pw to access the account. Should work, shouldnt it?

Or maybe if i spend more time with the beta it might probably make klick and finally grow on me *gg*

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Shred0r said:
You'd have to give them the secret answer and have them change it to a new one so you could not recover it back. That way you don't have to give out your e-mail information.
Since I have those games I've tried talking to people to just loan me the account and I'd give it back after beta.

I'm still looking for beta access though. Sent out 25 e-mails to people on CL :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Freki said:
ebay it for 100-300$
eBay is removing account sales. Beta keys sales are legal since it is just paper or an e-mail.
Accounts are not. Also much much trickier to handle.

Freki

Hazaro said:
eBay is removing account sales. Beta keys sales are legal since it is just paper or an e-mail.
Accounts are not. Also much much trickier to handle.

really? That seems to be no problem in germany - sold a wow acc once without problems...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Freki said:
really? That seems to be no problem in germany - sold a wow acc once without problems...
Just what I've seen on eBay. Also saw 2 CL postings about them not being sold on eBay.

nilbog21

Banned
Shred0r said:

yo bro i'l send you bayonetta (ps3) in like-new condition for it

and no the beta keys are not actually worth what (stupid) people are buying it for. i mean, once they release another 5,000 beta keys, they'll prob feel pretty smart paying 150$ for shit that thousands are getting for free - but who are we kidding, they prob paid it with daddies moneys because lets be honest what kind of sensible person would pay that amount zzz

Shred0r

Banned
Sorry, but the only game i would be interested in right now would be GOWIII or BFBC2 (PC).
Unfortunately my PC rig sucks a bit, being powered only by a lousy 2.4 Ghz X2 Dual-Core...
Though, i am still undecided on giving away my account so nothings carved in stone yet...
I am gonna check if there are battle.net account auctions ending on german ebay. Maybe i try my luck as i am from Germany, actually. If you guys are interested in my account, just leave a PM, i gotta thing about it the next days...
Gonna play a bit more SC2 to get sure if its my cup of tea or not. Back in the days i played SC but for some reason i lost the love/interest/passion for strategy games. I am more hyped for Diablo III, way more.

PS: Why dont you just download the client, install it and "hack" the beta for offline mode with all maps ans self-made AI included, ranging from cheapy to aggressive? Guess, its the online play, competing with real people, the thrill ride that goes with it, victory or loss in 15 minutes, what awaits me? *lol*

I am off now, leave a PM if interested. Could also give you info on how to make it work offline without any beta key...

Battle.net was down for a few minutes of maintenance when I was checking to see if I got in (daily routine!) and I got all excited :lol

Anyone experiment with fully upgraded zerglings? With the new unit pathing and swarm ai you'd think zerglings would be more useful than just a scouting unit - which is what most pro players seem to only be using them for.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Freki said:
:lol Looks to be a US thing then.
There was a total of 1 account listing (set on 24 hours). In 3 hours it got removed.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Shred0r, you have no idea how bad I want to play this beta.

I have... moral convictions... that would prevent me from giving you any money for it. But if you can't find a buyer or you want to be nice, I would love to simply just borrow your account. I'd do absolutely nothing malicious, I wouldn't steal any of the keys, etc. Your account would be totally untouched. If you can't trust my word, then I would place my GAF account on the line for this. As in, perma-ban if I did something as minor as change the password.

Top Bottom