• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Shalashaska161 said:
I'm using a 3 year old Macbook Pro. Hoping that combination of being a Mac and being kinda old will be enough to get me in.
I'd switch to a pc profile right this moment seeing it's been confirmed the beta won't be released for macs in the forseeable future.

Gribbix

While the Mac client won't be available during the start of beta testing, the official FAQ says that they do plan to have a Mac client at some point during the beta:
StarCraft 2 Beta FAQ said:
Q: Will there be a Mac version of the beta client?

A: We plan to release a Mac version of the beta client at some point during the beta test period. We’ll have further details to share as the beta test progresses.

FoxSpirit

I hope they'll honour their April 1st lottery for 10oo beta keys. I actually signed on, on the odd chance that not being a joke... a lo and behold, it wasn't fake and under a thousand entries were sent in. I have high hopes :D

Noriym

Neo Member
SafetyFirst said:
After getting to play the game at blizzcon I have been fiending to have more time with it.

The wait is killing me.

When I went to Blizzcon 09, I really went as a Diablo 3 fan. After playing both at Blizzcon, I am now much more excited about Starcraft 2. :D

JWong

Banned
Zzoram said:
I have an HD4870 now, they won't want me to test the game. I suspect they give preferance to garbage video cards to try to hit a wider audience.
I hope they think my 8800GT is a piece of garbage. 8D

Gribbix said:
While the Mac client won't be available during the start of beta testing, the official FAQ says that they do plan to have a Mac client at some point during the beta:
I'll switch back to my osx profile if the first few waves of invites screw me over.

Oh god, the wait.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly

Door2Dawn

Banned
2zsbuo6.jpg

Minsc

Gold Member
sprsk said:
Please oh please have some single player content.

:lol

Edit: I think the single player campaign is going to be epic, and wish it had a level or two, but there's just no way.

I'm REALLY torn about whether I will participate in this if I get a beta e-mail. I really don't think I could resist, but at the same time I don't want to spoil the experience. AHHHHHH

Door2Dawn

Banned
GregLombardi said:
I'm REALLY torn about whether I will participate in this if I get a beta e-mail. I really don't think I could resist, but at the same time I don't want to spoil the experience. AHHHHHH
You could always give it to me.

oh my god PLEEEASSE BLIZZARD LET ME IN!!!! OH MY GOD!!!ASKLDJALKSHJLABSDJLASJVLASJLASKDHVALSHAKJSDKADHSVHLADDHALKSDHCLAKASDLSDHCASHCLASHDALKSDALDHAKDC

that is all.

Milabrega

GregLombardi said:

I would gladly take that horrible beta key off your hands to remove the temptation.

Door2Dawn said:
You could always give it to me.
But you have inside infoz it sounds like, why would you need my beta key?

That said, if I do not use it I will for certain give it away. But it doesn't make sense that you can even GIVE your beta keys away...aren't they attached to your battle.net account, and aren't they attached to your system specifications?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
GregLombardi said:
dont give it to those other guys, they're just being greedy and thinking about themselves.

you need someone who will take your key to help you and im that kind of person.

GregLombardi said:

That said, if I do not use it I will for certain give it away. But it doesn't make sense that you can even GIVE your beta keys away...aren't they attached to your battle.net account, and aren't they attached to your system specifications?
If I don't get in and you're willing to give me a key, by all means, i will find a way.

Door2Dawn

Banned
GregLombardi said:

I don't have inside info. :lol

But I'm not really sure if it's possible to give it away, whether the beta invite is attached to your account and system specifications is a very good question.

Man this game is going to be so huge. I have a phantom beta key I MIGHT get, and I have like 6 people already asking for it, even though it's a phantom key and I might not even get in. :lol :lol

Blizzard is going to make soooooo much money on this game when it goes retail. Soooo much.

Door2Dawn said:
I don't have inside info. :lol

But I'm not really sure if it's possible to give it away, whether the beta invite is attached to your account and system specifications if a very good question.

Hey you said mark your words about the beta, so I just assumed you knew something others didn't. I guess I shouldn't, since this is GAF.

Minsc

Gold Member
GregLombardi said:

The beta will absolutely be tied to your battle.net account (why else would it have been delayed with battle.net?). It'd be pretty ballsy for Blizzard to ban accounts that are registering under IPs from different states w/ different machines or something like that (sharing the beta), but who knows...

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
GregLombardi said:
Hey you said mark your words about the beta, so I just assumed you knew something others didn't. I guess I shouldn't, since this is GAF.
he was just making a prediction.

it's what GAF does.

Scrow said:
he was just making a prediction.

it's what GAF does.
Well there is that guy around here...his name began with an R, Razoric maybe? I'm almost certain he worked at Blizzard or knows people that do. I think he was banned though. So you never know...but yeah haha...it is what GAF does.

Door2Dawn

Banned
GregLombardi said:
Well I'm just assuming beta will be tomorrow since the beta forums for all regions are almost, or nearly completed. If the beta isn't tomorrow, then it's definitely going to be this week.

Minsc

Gold Member
Door2Dawn said:
But only after you enter your info right?

Perhaps, I'm not sure... they are doing keys it seems, so I agree, you might be able to share them. But wouldn't they be able to associate your blizzard store account (which you are required to have) to your key as they distribute them?

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Door2Dawn said:
Well I'm just assuming beta will be tomorrow since the beta forums for all regions are almost, or nearly completed.

kinda like what we were hearing about sc2 this time last year.

TheExodu5

Banned
Door2Dawn said:
The beta has already been confirmed to start this month. <.<

The beta was also confirmed for last year.

The Diablo 1.12 patch was due for release last April, 2 months after it was announced. It's still not out.

Top Bottom