• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Gribbix

Asmodai said:
Wow....that is ancient. Months and months old, that's not even from this year's E3, I think.

Sort of. It was originally shown at Blizzcon 08, but this appears to be a more recent version with some minor changes. Also, this one has Kerrigan's new voice actress. The Blizzcon 08 version used the original Kerrigan VA from the first StarCraft.

abrasion

Banned
http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=1180&page=3

Shack:
Last time I was here a month ago, Battle.net was fairly up in the air. Are things getting nailed down at this point?

Chris Sigaty: We're starting to get a picture of what we're going to do for ship, but we still have a lot of work to do, both for the beta and ship. I'm really excited about it. It's a different, much more integrated experience. I want to get people up there playing as soon as we can, but there's still just a lot of work we need to get done

Oh :/

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
stormer said:
wtf no news on this yet? DAMN YOU BLIZZARD
thank you for the useless bump outta nowhere.

leave this thread off the first page till there's some actual news.

IceMarker

*see's SC2 Beta thread bumped*

*opens said thread*

*see only link to already-ended SC2 beta key contest*

*weeps with sorrow*

The beta keys have already been handed out.

I'm looking forward to this game. I'm saving up to upgrade the PC just for it.

Blizzard is a bar for quality, but this timeframe they're pushing out is confusing to say the least.

IceMarker

Remember that the twitter contest were just guarunteed keys to a few participants, they still have a shit-ton of keys to hand out to the folks who signed up vanilla via battle.net system spec sender thingy

Belfast

MrMister said:

*opens said thread*

*weeps with sorrow*

*opens said thread*

*laughs maniacally because he actually won a key in said contest*

abrasion

Banned
So why did Blizzard start the hype engine only to blueball us completely and go completely idle again? God fucking damnit they could've delayed the announcement of the game by 6 to 12 months and they could've delayed the press frenzy we had for 2 months (about 4 months ago?) for 6 months too.
Ugh, the game is basically off the radar now, pretty lame overall - any thoughts?
Sorry to bump but it's bullshit.

fanboi

Banned
abrasion said:
So why did Blizzard start the hype engine only to blueball us completely and go completely idle again? God fucking damnit they could've delayed the announcement of the game by 6 to 12 months and they could've delayed the press frenzy we had for 2 months (about 4 months ago?) for 6 months too.
Ugh, the game is basically off the radar now, pretty lame overall - any thoughts?

You are going to NeoGaf hell for this.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
you bumped the thread just to rage? :/

expect the beta around november i reckon. but who knows...

Aaron

To make this not completely worthless, www.sc2gg.com has some interesting write ups on the game has progressed up to the recent Blizzcon, mainly focused on multiplayer. Makes me wonder if some serious tweaks are still in the works, esp. for zerg.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
so I take it it's too late to get involved in the upcoming beta now?

I only just started getting into Starcraft this past week, I'm ten years late to this (awesome) party.

Cohsae

Rez said:

I only just started getting into Starcraft this past week, I'm ten years late to this (awesome) party.
All you can do is sign up and pray. As far as I know they aren't going to use any kind of "first-come first-served policy" so you could get lucky.

abrasion said:
HOW ABOUT NOT GETTING OUR HOPES UP.

FUCK.

abrasion

Banned
Rez said:

I posted a link to the twitter beta entry competition on shacknews (my regular hangout) and there was universal response of "fuck that shit, I'd rather go without a beta key than sign up for twitter" - none the less one or two did and at least one guy got a key.
I have a twitter account but I don't know what the hell a re-tweet is, I'm over 25 damnit, so I didn't bother entering.

abrasion

Banned
DieH@rd said:
x_x#

abrasion, you will not last long here if you start bumping threads like this...

I can't tell if you're joking or not but I'm not bumping the thread for the fun of it, if you think I am well sorry.

OMG OMG CLICK ON THREAD:

saviorfwap2.gif

*reads recent posts*

:( :( :(

Nooo! Stop bumping this thread until the beta comes out. :(

I CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

THE TEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

OF A NON BETA NEWS RELATED BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
this <1 month wait for me has been unbearable for me

ahhh, the little joys of being late to the party ;)

Asmodai

Banned
maniac-kun said:
so where the f**k is the beta?

Did you just bump this thread, leading me and everyone else to believe that there was actually some news on this title?

You will burn.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
iz4z9u.jpg

Sidenote: SC II better have stuff like this for every pro game.

Yes that is fire. Yes they are on a rotating stage. Also strobe lights.
2433gjc.jpg

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
For the love of FUCK stop bumping this thread with non-news :lol

It's like a goddamn kick in the nuts every single time...

Asmodai

Banned
ViolentP said:
I'm new to the PC gaming scene. What exactly is the big deal with Starcraft and Diablo?
*weep*

Play Starcraft and find out.

As for Diablo, not everyone is into it. More for loot whores. But you have to understand this was the game that created loot whores in the first place.

ViolentP

Asmodai said:
Play Starcraft and find out.

As for Diablo, not everyone is into it. More for loot whores. But you have to understand this was the game that created loot whores in the first place.

Actually, I weep for the lack of beta. I've played Starcraft for years but will admit, I suck. Someone once told me that if you have to explain a joke, it probably wasn't that funny to begin with.

Asmodai

Banned
ViolentP said:
Actually, I weep for the lack of beta. I've played Starcraft for years but will admit, I suck. Someone once told me that if you have to explain a joke, it probably wasn't that funny to begin with.

Some jokes don't work in text, they rely on tone and delivery. Your joke was one of those :lol

Top Bottom