• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

TurtleSnatcher said:
I dont get why specs can't just talk in spectator.. why do people demand referee so they can talk to everyone when their are other specs to talk too.

If there is more then 1 spec.. then everyone should be spec.. if only 1 spec I can understand why someone would ref the only spec so he isnt lonely ;P

thats exactly what I said before I left the last game, there were 5 people and I wanted to spec so I asked for ref. Also, despite your ignorance a lot of people who spec say nothing the whole time so it'd be nice if I could interact in any way with the people playing in these circumstances.

Why are you so dead set against people being referee? Not everyone is like mudkips' friend and gives away build orders and shit man, and casual recreational games don't need to be as structured as you have wanted so desperately in the games tonight

"OH GOD PANDA IS LEAKING INFOs!" You were the best player in the damn game and you are going to complain about stupid crap like that? Go back to arranged teams if you're so desperate to win all the time.

Ice Monkey said:
pez, seriously, what.the.hell? I didn't get a key from anything involving you so please don't tell me I'm wrong for choosing to do with it what I'd like to.

What in God's name is wrong with me wanting to observe a goddamn game? Is it so beyond you to think I could want to have a beer and enjoy watching a game, and for your information although you don't deserve it, I didn't end up going for the beer until after I left your ignorant company.

Also against your ignorance I do have a laptop to tear open and replace the wireless card to learn about wireless network security, it wasn't some dumbfuck excuse I made up to pussy out of a game.

For God's sake man, get a life, it's freaking starcraft and pardon me for being dramatic since I don't really matter (and don't like playing all the time in our GAF games similarly) but the way you acted tonight was really childish and makes me question the amount of respect i've given for people who are on GAF.

All I said in chat was 'What is with people not playing games.. its a friendly game.. just fricken play"

Then you spazzed out and left. Sorry you took that the hard way but you observed every game that night but 1 or 2.. You used the beer excuse 3 games before you left.. and you used the "Tearing open my laptop" excuse the game PRIOR to the last game you tried to observe..

All we wanted was for you to play that last game since Dopey had played the game prior and a few had concerns that it would be a bit unfair if he joined in that game. Instead you wanted to observe again thus ruining a 2v2 opportunity.

If you want to observe thats fine.. I dont mind.. we all want to observe games.. But at least put in an attempt to play some games as opposed to 10% a night... Some people want to 'eat' 'drink' 'tear open laptops' 'take a break' etc as well. But you were very adamant about not wanting to play most if not all of the games. We even got to a point when Panda played 5 straight games and wanted to take a break and you still wanted to sit out..

Ice Monkey said:
thats exactly what I said before I left the last game, there were 5 people and I wanted to spec so I asked for ref. Also, despite your ignorance a lot of people who spec say nothing the whole time so it'd be nice if I could interact in any way with the people playing in these circumstances.

Why are you so dead set against people being referee? Not everyone is like mudkips' friend and gives away build orders and shit man, and casual recreational games don't need to be as structured as you have wanted so desperately in the games tonight

"OH GOD PANDA IS LEAKING INFOs!" You were the best player in the damn game and you are going to complain about stupid crap like that? Go back to arranged teams if you're so desperate to win all the time.

5 people were in the last game. The 3 others playing minus you wanted Dopey to sit out since it would be a bit unfair if we 2v2'd (Zeal, Me, Zzoram, Dopey) while you specced. You even said in the prior game that you also specated that Dopey didn't seem like he was as good as the others so it seemed a bit unfair. I agreed (No offense Dopey.. as he raped me with BCs the next game by turtling lol).

I then asked you to play.. you didnt want too and then I went into my spectating rant which you got all fussy about and left cause I was "mocking you".

As for refereeing. The chat can be annoying. Its not so much about build orders.. The thing with Mudkips was through party chat not Ref.. Its just more of a chat wall that is fairly annoying at times.

TurtleSnatcher said:
All I said in chat was 'What is with people not playing games.. its a friendly game.. just fricken play"

Then you spazzed out and left. Sorry you took that the hard way but you observed every game that night but 1 or 2.. You used the beer excuse 3 games before you left.. and you used the "Tearing open my laptop" excuse the game PRIOR to the last game you tried to observe..

All we wanted was for you to play that last game since Dopey had played the game prior and a few had concerns that it would be a bit unfair if he joined in that game. Instead you wanted to observe again thus ruining a 2v2 opportunity.

If you want to observe thats fine.. I dont mind.. we all want to observe games.. But at least put in an attempt to play some games as opposed to 10% a night... Some people want to 'eat' 'drink' 'tear open laptops' 'take a break' etc as well. But you were very adamant about not wanting to play most if not all of the games. We even got to a point when Panda played 5 straight games and wanted to take a break and you still wanted to sit out..

Yes actually, you do mind despite your pleading of the opposite. You didn't say "it's a friendly game " in fact you said you're sick and tired of people on GAF not playing games, and you said it right after I was saying I wanted to tear open a laptop, which implies you were tired of ME personally. Please stop trying to make it seem like I'm some stupid child.

What's it to you if I don't want to play a game and would rather observe? Yeah, every game I mentioned that I'd rather someone else play instead of me, is there something morally wrong with that? It's not that I'm afraid to lose, it's that I'm trying to accomplish something and would like the "courtesy" of being allowed to observe a game!

How is this beyond your understanding? You, as a human being, would like to play game after game after game until you die, and I on the other hand would like to spend my night observing while I OH GOD have a beer and tear open a laptop like I had planned to accomplish. Why does this affect you so? Because I can't oblige you and play some stupid game instead of watch? Do you have a problem with someone watching? I really don't get what the problem is here.

By all means just tell me you have an insecurity with people watching you play. I'll excuse myself from all further proceedings. Otherwise, what is your problem with me wanting not to have to devote my undivided attention to Starcraft 2 at a given time that I'm logged on and in your party?!?

Zzoram

I hope they reset the stats soon. I want to try to get placed in Silver again and stay there instead of getting demoted again.

Kenak said:
It was a sign of things to come. I mean, come on. Not even a month in and there is a big scandal. Shit's exciting mang!

I have to admit, finding out mint was map hacking the whole time was rather amazing and alarming that both nobody picked up on it and I personally was exclaiming how good he was despite the hacking that I wasn't aware of. :lol

Zzoram said:
I hope they reset the stats soon. I want to try to get placed in Silver again and stay there instead of getting demoted again.

I've been waiting for the longest time it seems for them to reset stats and add 3v3 and 4v4. David Kim, your days are numbered!

Insaniac said:
what happened with Mint? should i remove him from my FL?

he was caught hilariously and obviously maphacking, so if such an exploit is important to you,it would be best to remove him from your list if you disagree with such a practice.

Ice Monkey said:
Yes actually, you do mind despite your pleading of the opposite. You didn't say "it's a friendly game " in fact you said you're sick and tired of people on GAF not playing games, and you said it right after I was saying I wanted to tear open a laptop, which implies you were tired of ME personally. Please stop trying to make it seem like I'm some stupid child.

What's it to you if I don't want to play a game and would rather observe? Yeah, every game I mentioned that I'd rather someone else play instead of me, is there something morally wrong with that? It's not that I'm afraid to lose, it's that I'm trying to accomplish something and would like the "courtesy" of being allowed to observe a game!

How is this beyond your understanding? You, as a human being, would like to play game after game after game until you die, and I on the other hand would like to spend my night observing while I OH GOD have a beer and tear open a laptop like I had planned to accomplish. Why does this affect you so? Because I can't oblige you and play some stupid game instead of watch? Do you have a problem with someone watching? I really don't get what the problem is here.

By all means just tell me you have an insecurity with people watching you play. I'll excuse myself from all further proceedings. Otherwise, what is your problem with me wanting not to have to devote my undivided attention to Starcraft 2 at a given time that I'm logged on and in your party?!?

hey look.. the guy who puts words into peoples mouths with lines like "you have an insecurity with people watching you play"

If that was the case then why did I play 6-7 games tonight with observers? lol...

As for you observing.. Like I said.. I dont care if people observe.. I observed like 3 games tonight.. I enjoy it at times. I dont care if you observe.. But like I mentioned above and will mention again.. when we get into a situation where you know the game won't be enjoyable to watch or enjoyable to play because of uneven teams.. then I think the observers should possibly jump in to play to make things even.

The last game that night where you 'ragequit' on was the prime example.

You said in the game prior that observing the Dopey/Zeal vs Zzoram/Bagina game was terrible and it was because the teams were lopsided.

The next game it was Me, You, Zeal, Dopey, Zzoram. You didn't want to play.. and so the game would have been lopsided and terrible to play and terrible to watch like the one prior. We asked for you to jump in and you refused too..

In those situations Ice, I think it would be nice for you to jump in and play. It makes no sense why GAFers just refuse to play against other GAFers when it can affect the enjoyment of the game on both ends.. It would have been an enjoyable rematch between Zeal and Zzor that we had earlier when you teamed with me but you wanted to sit out .. again.

Apath

Ice Monkey said:
he was caught hilariously and obviously maphacking, so if such an exploit is important to you,it would be best to remove him from your list if you disagree with such a practice.
Don't forget his evil twin brother and them ambiguously sharing an account. To put it in short terms, Mint wasn't really Mint, but Mint's brother, who wasn't the Mint who explained everything but the original Mint himself who doesn't chat in this thread.

fanboi

Banned
Kenak said:
Don't forget his evil twin brother and them ambiguously sharing an account. To put it in short terms, Mint wasn't really Mint, but Mint's brother, who wasn't the Mint who explained everything but the original Mint himself who doesn't chat in this thread.

small_who%20was%20phone.jpg

TurtleSnatcher said:
hey look.. the guy who puts words into peoples mouths with lines like "you have an insecurity with people watching you play"

If that was the case then why did I play 6-7 games tonight with observers? lol...

As for you observing.. Like I said.. I dont care if people observe.. I observed like 3 games tonight.. I enjoy it at times. I dont care if you observe.. But like I mentioned above and will mention again.. when we get into a situation where you know the game won't be enjoyable to watch or enjoyable to play because of uneven teams.. then I think the observers should possibly jump in to play to make things even.

The last game that night where you 'ragequit' on was the prime example.

You said in the game prior that observing the Dopey/Zeal vs Zzoram/Bagina game was terrible and it was because the teams were lopsided.

The next game it was Me, You, Zeal, Dopey, Zzoram. You didn't want to play.. and so the game would have been lopsided and terrible to play and terrible to watch like the one prior. We asked for you to jump in and you refused too..

In those situations Ice, I think it would be nice for you to jump in and play. It makes no sense why GAFers just refuse to play against other GAFers when it can affect the enjoyment of the game on both ends.. It would have been an enjoyable rematch between Zeal and Zzor that we had earlier when you teamed with me but you wanted to sit out .. again.

Unfortunately replays don't save conversations made by spectators.. But Zealous said it and Dopey agreed..

2h5tbly.jpg

2qk8qc0.jpg

What makes you think Ice that the next game.. with Dopey, Zealous, me and Zzoram would have been any more fair and enjoyable on our end to play, and for you to watch? That is why we wanted you to play that last game which you vehemently disagreed to.

re-ninja'd! (just for pez :))

pez, your arguments have a basis in logic but just fail as soon as you realize that you are attempting to dictate what someone else should do with their lives. I didn't want to play a single game tonight, and yet I played 2 or 3. Does the fact that I basically wanted to stop myself there instead of continuing despite my feelings to the contrary make me a bad person? I would hope not.

Your problem seems to be with me constantly saying I'd rather not play a game. If you're interested, you should know that I don't particularly see myself getting any better at the game than I am despite how hard I could try so I try and take as much effort as possible to let others play the game instead of me and me sit back and regrettably observe, and given the choice between training for SC2 and doing something productive I wanted to accomplish that I COULD see myself getting better at, I would tend for the latter.

If you understand what I just said, I hope you understand my position. Not everyone wants to desperately become a better SC2 player, and if they tell you they don't want to play instead of going into some retarded diatribe (like I am now) where they explain to you why exactly they don't want to play, I feel as if you are wrong not to respect that. If you don't understand my position in this matter, well I personally feel sorry for you.

Also, your position that you don't understand why someone would opt out of a game despite given a lopsided matchup is just completely misguided. Someone shouldn't be expected to play a game just because they like to watch others play a game that is beyond them.

Ice Monkey said:
pez, your arguments have a basis in logic but just fail as soon as you realize that you are attempting to dictate what someone else should do with their lives. I didn't want to play a single game tonight, and yet I played 2 or 3. Does the fact that I basically wanted to stop myself there instead of continuing despite my feelings to the contrary make me a bad person? I would hope not.

Your problem seems to be with me constantly saying I'd rather not play a game. If you're interested, you should know that I don't particularly see myself getting any better at the game than I am despite how hard I could try so I try and take as much effort as possible to let others play the game instead of me and me sit back and regrettably observe, and given the choice between training for SC2 and doing something productive I wanted to accomplish that I COULD see myself getting better at, I would tend for the latter.

If you understand what I just said, I hope you understand my position. Not everyone wants to desperately become a better SC2 player, and if they tell you they don't want to play instead of going into some retarded diatribe (like I am now) where they explain to you why exactly they don't want to play, I feel as if you are wrong not to respect that. If you don't understand my position in this matter, well I personally feel sorry for you.

Also, your position that you don't understand why someone would opt out of a game despite given a lopsided matchup is just completely misguided. Someone shouldn't be expected to play a game just because they like to watch others play a game that is beyond them.

I'm not telling you what to do in life.. If that was the case I'd tell you to go make a trillion dollars and share some with me.

So in summary for those who don't want to read this.

Ice Monkey only wants to spectate 100% of the time, even though he is not too bad of a player.

If he is in a GAF game and we have 5 people and clearly one of the players is not as good as Ice Monkey.. then still we should go on and play though the game will be pretty unfair on 1 side and pretty terrible to play. Ice Monkey just wants to watch.. whether we enjoy it or not.

That right there.. Makes no fucking sense. But ok. I respect your choice :D and so be it. Drama OVA

way more

Ice Monkey said:

LOLZ.

First time poster and long time reader of this thread. I hope this goes somewhere because already your behavior is hilarious. I can't wait for some replays or more excuses of why you can't play.

Thank you! I agree it makes no sense, however I would like to take the chance to share that I think I'm only good at the game because I have had access to the beta since day 1, which I am extremely thankful for.

Please, listen to Pez's words when you consider me for a matchup in the future. At least the part that considers how terrible I personally consider my skill at this game despite apparently being an asset to the partners I am told to play with, despite the evidence to the contrary according to you folks.

I may never think of myself as a good SC2 player but that shouldn't deter you from (nicely, unlike Pez :p ) trying to convince me of my skill when you want a better matchup.

Then again you could always take the opportunity to just play (even though I "should") and everyone should (in my opinion) be happier because they were able to play :D .

mac said:
LOLZ.

First time poster and long time reader of this thread. I hope this goes somewhere because already your behavior is hilarious. I can't wait for some replays or more excuses of why you can't play.

I take that as a compliment :lol . I try to be hilarious, I really do. I would find it gut-busting ROFLMAO-worthy if someone posted a replay of me and showed why I should not be considered an idiot at SC2.

Next excuse planned: I will die soon and my only wish is to see more SC2 Gaf games.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
to paraphrase what someone said earlier during the mudkips drama, "stop shitting up the thread!"

if you have a personal issue with someone, take it to PMs or battle.net's own chat features please.

Scrow said:
to paraphrase what someone said earlier during the mudkips drama, "stop shitting up the thread!"

if you have a personal issue with someone, take it to PMs or battle.net's own chat features please.
Gladly.. Its over though.

Not sure if you realized that..

But... if someone calls me out in the thread and calls me 'douche' Ill drag their face in the mud in front of others for their own wrongs.

Kenak said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSDeRJwXbec
Nice short game. Awesome and interesting use of Vikings.

Just watched ...

Wow.. amazing..

Though how situational would have that been .. I'm guessing it worked so well since he was able to constantly harass his secondary gold.. then again.. I guess if he didnt have his natural he could have hit his overlords constatnly all over.

Makes me kinda wanna play Terran.. (Yea right)

TurtleSnatcher said:
Gladly.. Its over though.

Not sure if you realized that..

But... if someone calls me out in the thread and calls me 'douche' Ill drag their face in the mud in front of others for their own wrongs.

Sounds like a douchey thing to do.

Apath

TurtleSnatcher said:
Just watched ...

Wow.. amazing..

Though how situational would have that been .. I'm guessing it worked so well since he was able to constantly harass his secondary gold.. then again.. I guess if he didnt have his natural he could have hit his overlords constatnly all over.

Makes me kinda wanna play Terran.. (Yea right)
Yeah, I just hardly ever see someone use the mech mode of vikings for more than a few seconds or to take out a missile pod/siege tank.

I've been seeing a lot of replays lately featuring phoenixes too. I always thought they were shit, but with their attacking while moving, fast speed, quick build time, and gravitron beam for great harassment I'm starting to rethink that.

Here is a Crota (BlizShouter) shout cast with some cool phoenix use:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLFVVGkvu50&feature=related - Pt. 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UIFezgQGTE&feature=related - Pt. 2

Kenak said:
Yeah, I just hardly ever see someone use the mech mode of vikings for more than a few seconds or to take out a missile pod/siege tank.

I've been seeing a lot of replays lately featuring phoenixes too. I always thought they were shit, but with their attacking while moving, fast speed, quick build time, and gravitron beam for great harassment I'm starting to rethink that.

Here is a Crota (BlizShouter) shout cast with some cool phoenix use:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLFVVGkvu50&feature=related - Pt. 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UIFezgQGTE&feature=related - Pt. 2
Wow phx harass looks so fun.. haha

Im impressed by their movement speed.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
oh yeah... finally finished my placement matches.... got put in *drum roll*
COPPER
:D

a few guys at work finished my remaining placement matches this evening.

winnarps

I now have about 2-3 1v1 replays where both me and my opponent send our armies to attack main bases, but neither of us backs up to defend.

So it comes down to 'who can survive the longest by creating buildings all over the map?'.

Fun matches, but they get really hectic. Mostly comes down to unit micro and hit-and-run tactics.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
CalamityDaunt said:
it's true though. i've probably watched more matches than i've played. :lol

there's lots to learn from them before i feel confident enough to go back for more punishment. ;)

syoaran

winnarps said:
I now have about 2-3 1v1 replays where both me and my opponent send our armies to attack main bases, but neither of us backs up to defend.

So it comes down to 'who can survive the longest by creating buildings all over the map?'.

Fun matches, but they get really hectic. Mostly comes down to unit micro and hit-and-run tactics.

The last 4 games I had last night ended like that. Advantage of being a Terran is flying your bases out to other areas of the map - with such a bloody battle going on in both bases you end up having quite a few minerals left, so you destroy each other - its much faster as a Terran to get back on your feet. Still though, I'm in low end play. Loving the news of 3v3 and 4v4 being opened up in a few weeks. April seems to be shaping up to be a great SC2 update indeed.

I should be getting online at like 7:00pm tonight. Maybe a bit later. I'd like to play some games with you guys. The only person I played with was mint, and wtf I didn't realize he was cheating. I'm getting pretty good with terran now, but I'd like to play some custom games with you guys just to make sure I'm up to snuff.

My bnet id is WalrusFetus.aborted

Edit:
In a related note, I was playing online last night with a friend. TvZ. I kept thrashing him with an early MM push, and he couldn't figure out how to counter (he's not the greatest) so I told him to mix in banelings and he'd probably destroy any MM ball I threw at him. And he did that, and won. So, what's the terran counter for banelings? Just go mech? He had a mix of banelings, roaches, and mutas. I was just sort of fooling around and went with BCs, and a few vikings. If I'd just gone straight viking I'd probably have one, come to think of it.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
damn it, i got nydus rushed.

blocked my ramp with supply depots and everything and then he just comes in the back door :(

Scrow said:
damn it, i got nydus rushed.

blocked my ramp with supply depots and everything and then he just comes in the back door :(

That still happens to me a lot. I've taken to building a sensor tower earlyish near my back gate. On certain maps if you build it there it will give you a pretty good view of the ground approach any attacks might come along. I got so frustrated because I left my back door unguarded that I think I may have gone a little too far in the opposite extreme. But I don't get stabbed in the back anymore.

IceMarker

I'm actually getting okay at the game now, although I can't honestly say I've won a 1v1 without someone quitting early or getting bored with me.

Terran 4 life. :D

hobart

So after salivating for a month to finally get my hands on a key... last night was the worst in my tale of cock-teasing woes and green eyed jealousy.

Saturday evening a friend taunted me with tales of a key obtained... saying I would have it shortly. 2 days never seemed so long as I finally received my key Monday morning (I'm thankful... don't get me wrong! My buddy is amazing at these things).

The real problems occurred with my being unable to play the damn thing after trying so diligently for HOURS. I use a Mac. You may say that is my first issue but, believe me, I've never had a true issue with gaming due to the fact that I run Intel. It just so happens that my copy of Windows went bad on my machine... my Superdrive burnt out... and I was unable to re-install windows. Not to mention that external optical drives aren't "allowed" for reinstalling Windows... nor are partitioning external Drives in the hopes of running Windows from there.

But I digress...

So I turned to old faithful... a PC I gamed on as a young lad. The only problem with this PC is the fact that it's from 2002... uses an AGP video card (The Ti4600 of YORE!)....... and that card is burnt out. Memory is low on it... the Processor BARELY meets the minimum reqs.... and well... I was told multiple times it wasn't even worth buying shit for because it's so out of date.

That's after visiting a few stores to find out just how fucked my machine really is...

...but I digress.

Now I am blessed with other PCs in my home. Some 2-year-old Dells that I purchased knowing that I'd never game on them. But now I *needed* to. So... you know... I "quickly" install SC2 on that rig (took about 3 hours between DLing and Installing)... and I finally get to the LOAD SCREEN!!! My heart is finally calming as I type in my user name.... my password.... it loads........... and then crashes. And then crashes again. And then crashes again.

Such a cock tease.

So today I'll be updating the PC I swore I would never be gaming on. But at least there is light at the end of the tunnel. My hands are shaking, however, like an addict missing out on his fix. I've watched too many vids.... listened to too many stories. I want to witness the map hacking, observer only, Copper fielding GOODNESS of the GAF crowd.

I'll join you soon, fellow GAFers....... if my machines don't kill me first :(

fatty

Scrow said:
oh yeah... finally finished my placement matches.... got put in *drum roll*
COPPER
:D

a few guys at work finished my remaining placement matches this evening.

I've still got four more placement matches in 1v1. Started out pretty bad 1-3 but won my last two.

I've been trying to play random to get exposure to all of the different races but since there is so much new stuff it can get a bit overwhelming.

Some things I love about the game:
The way the game shows your subsequent actions when using the 'shift' key. On SC one I couldn't command an SCV to build multiple Supply Depots (well at least not with the hotkeys) but with SC2 it not only does it but I love how it displays a hologram of the depot's next spot.

The dashed lines for rally points and showing the path of one of your units if using the 'shift' key.

I'm guessing the arrows that form a circle around units or a base is for field of view?

Game is so beautiful.

I think my favorite part of SC2 so far is the Battlecruisers combat speech. "It's a trap!" :lol

If the Ghost says "It's the only way to be sure" when launching a nuke I will flip out. And if it doesn't, what the hell is blizz waiting for?

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
That still happens to me a lot. I've taken to building a sensor tower earlyish near my back gate. On certain maps if you build it there it will give you a pretty good view of the ground approach any attacks might come along. I got so frustrated because I left my back door unguarded that I think I may have gone a little too far in the opposite extreme. But I don't get stabbed in the back anymore.
So how does a detector stop a Nydus attack? I guess you can see the Roach (?) coming?

Basically, someone please explain to me how an attack is made and how I can prevent it. It's rather annoying :|

maniac-kun said:
so on a scale from 0-10 how would you guys rate sc2? <:
10. This is going to be one of those games like Halo 1, where people are going to slowly look past insane hype and realize it has lots of depth and polish to back it up.

syoaran

The Lamonster said:
So how does a detector stop a Nydus attack? I guess you can see the Roach (?) coming?

Basically, someone please explain to me how an attack is made and how I can prevent it. It's rather annoying :|

10. This is going to be one of those games like Halo 1, where people are going to slowly look past insane hype and realize it has lots of depth and polish.

Right now I'm just putting 10marines and 2 maruders in the back of my base to auto kill them when they show up. But yeah - wow they spawn up fast. Need to have very quick reactions to deal with them without knowing a good defense strat.

V_Arnold

maniac-kun said:
so on a scale from 0-10 how would you guys rate sc2? <:

I would rate it a 10.
And I am a copper-ranked amateur, with two dozens of total played on the beta so far.

Reason? It just clicks. The presentation (the animations, the music, the effects) are top-notch, as always. Control is again, responsive and natural. (except for wasd - arrow ...damn).

But the main reason that it took a game with 10 year of craft, and expanded almost everything about it. Things like an armed Command Center and nesting Supply Depots into the ground are so awesome, yet dynamic changes, that it really feels like you are playing a fresh game, not a very solid, but yet refined classic.

I am going to play the hell out of this game, even If I have to bleed to death while trying to become better -.- Damn, and I still raid Icecrown+work beside this...and Super Street Fighter IV is closing in... damn, 2010: best year ever...

Just found out yesterday that a few of my friends have been in the beta for a while now. They had no idea I was interested in the beta and would have given me a friend invite.. WHAT KIND OF FRIENDS DO THEY THINK THEY ARE!!!!!!!!

I've been watching so many youtube videos lately that I almost feel like I could jump right into the game right now and be relatively decent... I know that isn't true though. Oh well, guess I'll just pray for another wave of friend invites :D

The Lamonster said:

10. This is going to be one of those games like Halo 1, where people are going to slowly look past insane hype and realize it has lots of depth and polish to back it up.

You just sort of have to react quickly. A small handful of marines is enough to take out the worm, you just have to get it early. I keep a sensor tower up so that if he tried to sneak it in fog I'll see it right away. You could achieve the same thing with a supply depot in the back corner of your base. The key is seeing it right away and getting units there.

Late game if you have expansions to worry about keep a few vikings in close range to your bases so that you can attack the worm as soon as you see it.

It's like a drop, except anti-air won't do the work for you, so it's a little tougher to defend in some ways. I think it should require creep, but we'll see what bliz does.

Edit: I believe they also need vision to do a nydus drop. If you have a sensor tower you'll be able to spy any overlords that may be providing it and have a hint as to what is coming.

Top Bottom