• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

zoukka said:
My last match was really nice. Opponent went fast/mass phoenix and destroyed my overlords and queens... I barely got to his base in time and destroyed his pylons with mah roaches and lings. Put a hatchery up in his natural, went against his workers and he came back with the phoenixes and actually destroyed like 10 roaches with them :eek:

But as soon as he returned to my base I had the hatchery cooking up roaches on his front yard. We both even commended each other which is really rare... I usually get insulted no matter if I win or not. And I don't even cheese roach often :/
You should make that replay available, sounds fun!

Milabrega

Yaweee said:
I don't think I've ever seen you post in the Lost threads. Are you just a lurker there?

I post maybe once or twice per episode thread. But yeah its easy to get lost in that thread full of characters. My Lost thread post count is directly correlated to Desmond's presence on the show, so its at an all time low. Brotha

Is that the blackrock painting as your avatar?

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Catching cheese is so satisfying, I just had a guy try to proxy a bunker in my base. I pulled drones and attacked the scv, he cancelled and backed off, I go back to mining, he tries AGAIN with the low hp scv, I kill the scv and go back to mining. He comes back with another scv and has a small stream of marines, he had set rally in my base, as my zerglings are finishing off the half made bunker. He backs off and tries AGAIN right next to my natural. I spot it with an overlord and bring out my zerglings to kill the marines then kill the scv and bunker.

So I send speedlings to his base, he just gets his wall finished in time so I back off, saturate the natural and macro up, repel one pretty weak attack just as my mutas are coming out and he leaves :p

Yaweee

Milabrega said:
I post maybe once or twice per episode thread. But yeah its easy to get lost in that thread full of characters. My Lost thread post count is directly correlated to Desmond's presence on the show, so its at an all time low. Brotha

Is that the blackrock painting as your avatar?

Yes, it is.

I had a black rock (like, a rock rock) as an avatar for a while, but when people were changing to LOST avatars for the premiere, well, I had to do it.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
JWong said:
I land at least 4 spine crawlers around the place. They can't get to my drones that quickly.

Well as long as you do that you ought to be alright. I'm still trying to figure out a non-telepathic way to stop a 6 pool rush, thoughts? (ZvZ)

I typically do a 10 -> overlord -> 3 drones -> pool build, should I not do this?

Cheeto

aznpxdd said:
Yep, I want to learn using toss. I want to use the phoenix harass in a 3v3/4v4 so bad...
I did a phoenix harass in match made FFA game last night... and it was surprisingly pretty successful. I massed 6 phoenix and went around to everyone's minerals picking up workers and getting out fast. Then I switched tech to immortals, stalkers, and HTs, did pretty well as the game went on an hour before the one guy on the complete opposite corner was massing cruisers and I didn't know it as I was occupied with the other players. Still a whole lot of fun and a huge learning experience... I definitely recommend it as even if you ultimately lose the game, its still fun to do.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
rhfb said:
Any clue when the next official wave will go out or will there be one now that people can invite other people?

I seems like the pattern is a new wave every 2 weeks. So probably a week after this thursday.

you guys seem to forget, I have played games and played 2 last night with you out of the 4 or 5 I was there for, basically what you're doing is complaining that I prefer to be nice and offer to let other people play...it baffles me that this is somehow seen as a bad thing. :-/

It's not like I flat out refused to play in every game, except of course the last when it was 4 or 4:30 AM and I really wanted to tear my laptop apart. In that case, I am also baffled that everyone would apparently prefer me not spectating at all to watching as I do something else. :(

oh and mila what is all this stuff about the 4v4 map? how/when did this occur and was anyone actually somehow able to play 4v4 before it was removed or whatever?

LOL came across this ad on the starcraft 2 beta website and had to share its complete ridiculousness.

728x90_baby_2.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Pez has the most gas cause he never spends it.

Lollings.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Halycon said:
Pez has the most gas cause he never spends it.

Lollings.
he had a roach build! :lol and he had more gas then the guy going lings!

i could understand having more then zealous's crazy infestor build, but lings man. lings.

not even a baneling nest in sight. and IIRC he upgraded! off of one gas!

ZealousD

Pandaman said:

i could understand having more then zealous's crazy infestor build, but lings man. lings.

My infestor build was like a last ditch effort. I figured fungal growth may help against all those roaches. Little did I know that infester's don't have enough energy for it when they spawn. =(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ZealousD said:
My infestor build was like a last ditch effort. I figured fungal growth may help against all those roaches. Little did I know that infester's don't have enough energy for it when they spawn. =(
yea, and the energy upgrade is forgettable because unlike templar they can burrow and cant warp into battle. :(

ZealousD

Pandaman said:
yea, and the energy upgrade is forgettable because unlike templar they can burrow and cant warp into battle. :(

Not even sure I would have had enough time to research it.

Pandaman said:

I did upgrade off 1 gas :)

EDIT: New people - Add me :D

PezRadar.PezRadar

Milabrega

Ice Monkey said:
argh, i'm going crazy with this talk of a 4v4 map that I can't find mentioned on any other internet tubes >:-O

It was on starcraft2.com for a few hours, but now I can't find it and the battle.net about it is MIA as well.

have you guys checked your emails for the second round of friend invites? Seems like plenty of people are getting them... Sucks that they stopped doing op-ins :/

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Louminater said:
have you guys checked your emails for the second round of friend invites? Seems like plenty of people are getting them... Sucks that they stopped doing op-ins :/
arggggggg! :lol Ill never get in

Milabrega

Louminater said:

Op-ins was having a horrible retention rate. Wave 3(the 2nd official op-in wave, I call the 3 day after beta start wave the oops we forgot blizzcon people wave 2) went from 10k concurrent users back down to <6k in a day. Wave 4 (friend key wave) has Bnet numbers never hovering below 8k during down times and above 10k at peak hours since.

Tworak said:
:lol congrats on mastering zzzerg

wtb lurkers
Omg if only for the extreme curiosity of seeing the sweet next gen dirty look of spikes shooting out of the ground. Speaking of which, am I the only one who simply hates the way spine crawlers look as they attack :/

I was curious about certain "cheese" like the proxy pylon. Are you guys having trouble remembering to scout the area outside your base every so often? It seems like I would constantly be forgetting to scout for that.

aznpxdd

The Lamonster said:
What is the definition of cheese? Is it when someone builds a building near your base or is it any kind of harassment?

Harassment isn't cheese at all, its part of the game, and it takes skills to harass while managing your base.

Cheesing to me is...aw shit, forget it, just ask Turtle.

aznpxdd said:
Eh, proxy pylon isn't really cheese.

At least Lurkers will be in the single player/map editor mode.
Yeah I tentatively use quotation for that particular kind since it's sorta the way protoss have been balanced towards, especially with those mobile transport/pylons things, which the name I don't really know.

The Lamonster said:
What is the definition of cheese? Is it when someone builds a building near your base or is it any kind of harassment?

Pretty sure a cheese build is like an "all or nothing" kind of build... You'll either fall horribly behind if it doesn't work out, or win.

nickbreckon

Bethesda Community Manager
The Lamonster said:

There are many kinds of cheese. Swiss cheese. Soft cheese. Then you have like a cheddar cheese.

You may eventually run into Cheese Louise.

Ratsofatsorat said:
There are many kinds of cheese. Swiss cheese. Soft cheese. Then you have like a cheddar cheese.

You may eventually run into Cheese Louise.

You just want to be avatar quoted...... I'm not falling for it :D

Top Bottom