• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Arzehn

The list, Ladder Reset Edition:

NA:
Dreams-Visions --- Adrian.adrianj
Halycon --- Halycon.Halycon
Milabrega --- Milabrega.Milabrega
nildog21 --- Vautrin.ziz
Pandaman --- Panda.Craft
Procarbine --- Procarbine.red
Turtlesnatcher --- Pezradar.gbx
Xirj --- dot.folder
valenti --- valenti.valenti
MisterAnderson --- PyroGX.ptmc
Hazaro --- Haz.ard
FromTheFuture --- Alumnus.mosaic
Zzoram --- Zzoram.zzoram
aznpxdd --- deltron.zero
Corran Horn --- Corran.horn (novice)
TelosFortelos --- TelosFour.telos
AbortedWalrusFetus --- WalrusFetus.aborted
Anomarad --- Anomarad.anomarad

placement:
3-2 1v1 = Silver

currently 5-2. :D

I fully expect to drop down to high bronze again. T.T

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Milabrega said:
Going to sleep but I have one request, Could all the EU beta people note somewhere on their post when giving their new Battle.net name that they are in the EU beta.

And remember we need your name in the _____.____ format.

Link to the new List: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20461745&postcount=7361

Hazard there's no need to list 1v1/2v2 ranks. Though if people want that added to the list, I can always just look it up in game instead of having everyone post it here.
Just want to know what kind of wins I am looking at for 1v1 and 2v2 placement.
5 games doesn't seem enough. They don't have to list it.

bigswords

I think i'm going to get creamed online when this game is online, is there a site for basic strategy and build orders (even for the old SC 1 is fine).

Milabrega

Hazaro said:
Just want to know what kind of wins I am looking at for 1v1 and 2v2 placement.
5 games doesn't seem enough. They don't have to list it.

Oh I see what you are saying placement wise. Yeah I agree 5 sure isn't enough. Though I guess it was done to see if this approach would be more casual friendly, and to test the new League based Promotion and matchmaking system. I kind of want to tank all 5 of my games just to see how the whole league ladder climb works.

fanboi

Banned
I can't run a game for longer then 15 min... or I will get killed.
Even if I do a successful harass... I LOSE... Suck.

And if I spam roaches... they come with air, if I spam Muttas... or try, they will rush me.
If I do anything... they kill me...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Anyone with beta do me a favor and upload this file?

C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Data

I don't have the original and this is the AI version so it is causing replay desync. Thanks. (Unless it's on valenti's end)

Maybe it is just replays I put in the skirmish folder...

fanboi

Banned
Need some comments:

I play mainly zerg and do following.

1) Build drones untill 11-12 then Spawning pool.
2) Build extractor
3) Queen and Roach den.
4) Roaches... and then some more.
5) Build around 10 roaches, if I can't win then, upgrade to Lair.
6) Spire.
7) Muttas, try harrassing.
8) I loose wtf?
9) Sad panda.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
fanboi said:
Need some comments:

2) Build extractor
3) Queen and Roach den.
6) Spire.
8) I loose wtf?
9) Sad panda.

I don't see the word "scout" included in there.

fanboi

Banned
ZealousD said:
I don't see the word "scout" included in there.

Well, I'm quite bad at that... but I always send my OL to their base.

But hmm... should practice it up.

Also, I don't have prime conditions, since I sit infront of a 42" LCD... hard do see the map and see if enemies are incoming.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
My ID remains Zealous.demon. Add me at your earliest convenience.

BTW, I am still taking names for the US 1v1 tourney. If you've changed your ID, note it. If you still want to join in, reply to this post and leave your ID.

ZealousD (Zealous.demon)
Milabrega (Milabrega.milabrega)
Trasher (trasher.trasher)
Pandaman (Panda.craft)
FromTheFuture (Alumus.mosaic)
-COOLIO- (COOLIO.nick)
Wedge7 (wedge.ncn)
TurtleSnatcher (pezradar.gbx)
Zzoram (zzoram.zzoram)
MisterAnderson (VertigoII.vince)
Cheeto (Cheeto.Cheetobandit)
Terproerg (Terproerg.terproerg)
AbortedWalrusFetus (WalrusFetus.aborted)
Procarbine (procarbine.red)
hobart (hobart.hobartaj)
fatty (Robert.fatty)

Meeru

Banned
ZealousD said:
My ID remains Zealous.demon. Add me at your earliest convenience.

BTW, I am still taking names for the US 1v1 tourney. If you've changed your ID, note it. If you still want to join in, reply to this post and leave your ID.

ZealousD (Zealous.demon)
Milabrega (Milabrega.milabrega)
Trasher (trasher.trasher)
Pandaman (Panda.craft)
FromTheFuture (Alumus.mosaic)
-COOLIO- (COOLIO.nick)
Wedge7 (wedge.ncn)
TurtleSnatcher (pezradar.gbx)
Zzoram (zzoram.zzoram)
MisterAnderson (VertigoII.vince)
Cheeto (Cheeto.Cheetobandit)
Terproerg (Terproerg.terproerg)
AbortedWalrusFetus (WalrusFetus.aborted)
Procarbine (procarbine.red)
hobart (hobart.hobartaj)
fatty (Robert.fatty)
valenti (valenti.valenti)
valenti

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
fanboi said:
Need some comments:

2) Build extractor
3) Queen and Roach den.
6) Spire.
8) I loose wtf?
9) Sad panda.
is this against terran, zerg or protoss?

Damn, I won a few games in a row and now I'm in a gold league 2v2. Won a couple games to get to 8th rank, but I've lost a pile of games sense then :lol

fanboi

Banned
Pandaman said:
is this against terran, zerg or protoss?

All except zerg...
I think the main problem is what Zelous said, scouting... and knowing.

And I might be to aggressive and not wait until the opponent make the first move.

syoaran

my id is the same (Syoaran.syo) EU. Looking forward to playing a lot tonight - hoping new skill set will place me higher than the lowest of the low....

Margalis

Banned
If your opponent is Terran or Protoss and knows you're going heavy roach they have units that can obliterate you. So you have to be ready to adjust accordingly. Mass roaches is powerful against ultra noobs but it's also the easiest strategy to defeat if you know it's coming.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hazaro said:
Anyone with beta do me a favor and upload this file?

C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Data

I don't have the original and this is the AI version so it is causing replay desync. Thanks.
Actually looks like I might need this. If anyone can UL it, thanks.

fanboi

Banned
Margalis said:
If your opponent is Terran or Protoss and knows you're going heavy roach they have units that can obliterate you. So you have to be ready to adjust accordingly. Mass roaches is powerful against ultra noobs but it's also the easiest strategy to defeat if you know it's coming.

What should I do then? Roach - Hydras and turtle up until nice balanced army?

Wedge7

Milabrega said:
The list, Ladder Reset Edition:

NA:
AbortedWalrusFetus --- WalrusFetus.aborted
Anomarad --- Anomarad.anomarad
aznpxdd --- deltron.zero
Corran Horn --- Corran.horn
DemiMatt --- demi.batsu
Dreams-Visions --- Adrian.adrianj
FromTheFuture --- Alumnus.Mosaic
Halycon --- Halycon.Halycon
Hazard --- Haz.Ard
Ice Monkey --- Operation.Cwal
Milabrega --- Milabrega.Milabrega
MisterAnderson --- PyroGX.ptmc
nildog21 --- Vautrin.ziz
Pandaman --- Panda.Craft
PhoenixDark --- StonyJackson.phoenixdark
Procarbine --- Procarbine.red
Telosfortelos --- TelosFour.telos
Turtlesnatcher --- Pezradar.gbx
valenti --- valenti.valenti
Xirj --- dot.folder
Zzoram --- Zzoram.zzoram

EU:

Would like to be added to the 1vs1 again

Name is: wedge.wedge

Went 4-1 and am in gold

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
TurtleSnatcher said:
That was a terrible match.. no idea where "nice" comes out of that..

I fucked up my banelings early on.. =\
its always nice to roll an enemy that messes up and suicides. >_>

not very skill intensive, but nice. surprised you guys didn't just go for me, i mean when you see a protoss wall off you know he'll be free to even the laziest double rush. :lol

chris-013

Yes.
I prefer zergs + banelings when I play zerg.
You need to upgrade to hydralisk and expand as much as possible after your initial attack.

fanboi

Banned
chris-013 said:
Yes.
I prefer zergs + banelings when I play zerg.
You need to upgrade to hydralisk and expand as much as possible after your initial attack.

hmm ok.

I saw your message the other day, didn't know how to respond :) Add me as friend.

How is your quick key setup?

I use 1-3 Hatcherys, the rest for armies.

ACE 1991

I plan on taking advantage of my spring break by really getting into Starcraft 2. Are there any great players that would play a teaching game or two with me?

satori

I cant decide what will be my main race now...At first I been playing Terrans heavily. But then I started doing a lot of randoms, and Zerg has grown so much on me lol. I still cant get in the right rhythm with toss though. I love harassing the econ line, and I cant figure out a fast way to do that with Toss. Seems like they are more of getting a big powerful army vs harassing the opponent econ line.

If any one wants to play some friendly matches add me as a friend. Satori.wind

Please dont mind me sucking, I been testing out a lot of different builds and strat lately.

Edit: Hey ace, I am definitely NOT a great player, but we can learn together if ya wish lol. I plan to play the hell out of this beta for spring break.

ACE 1991

satori said:
I cant decide what will be my main race now...At first I been playing Terrans heavily. But then I started doing a lot of randoms, and Zerg has grown so much on me lol. I still cant get in the right rhythm with toss though. I love harassing the econ line, and I cant figure out a fast way to do that with Toss. Seems like they are more of getting a big powerful army vs harassing the opponent econ line.

If any one wants to play some friendly matches add me as a friend. Satori.wind

Please dont mind me sucking, I been testing out a lot of different builds and strat lately.

Edit: Hey ace, I am definitely NOT a great player, but we can learn together if ya wish lol. I plan to play the hell out of this beta for spring break.

alright, cool. my ID is ace.abc.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
fanboi said:
Is banelings a must as Zerg?
beyond the first units (zerglings, marines, zealots), there really is no MUST for any of the races. Depends what your plan is and what your opponent does.

Ozorov said:
Why do all registers their name like this "Name.Name"?
it's a requirement blizz imposes. first part is your actual nickname/alias, the second part is an identifier in case someone else also chooses that name.

there may be many "Scrows" on battle.net, but there is only one Scrow.gaf.... and that's ME :D

fanboi

Banned
Scrow said:
beyond the first units you can pump out (zerglings, marines, zealots), there really is no MUST for any of the races. Depends what your plan is and what your opponent does.

it's a requirement blizz imposes. first part is your actual nickname/alias, the second part is an identifier in case someone else also chooses that name.

there may be many "Scrows" on battle.net, but there is only one Scrow.gaf.... and that's ME :D

MMM ball... mid game.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
fanboi said:
MMM ball... mid game.
if your opponent is good enough and has a few high templars (assuming they play toss of course), some well placed psi storms and some zealots to mop up will deflate that ball :p

Zzoram

This new patch was a pretty serious nerf to Terran/Protoss and a buff to Zerg (why? Zerg seemed to be the most powerful before the patch).

I'm going to be a Zerg player now.

Scrow said:
if your opponent is good enough and has a few high templars (assuming they play toss of course), some well placed psi storms and some zealots to mop up will deflate that ball :p
So what would you rather do? Get a mech army instead? Go air? Wrong, you're still supposed to get a MMM army in that situation, but instead grab some Ghosts alongside.

fanboi

Banned
Scrow said:

And if you are Zerg... banelings/lings+roaches?

zoukka

Zzoram said:
This new patch was a pretty serious nerf to Terran/Protoss and a buff to Zerg (why? Zerg seemed to be the most powerful before the patch).

I'm going to be a Zerg player now.

Details!? And yes fucking yes. Zergs were nerfed beyoned belief in the last patch and my ladder has easily more Terrans and Toss than Zergs...

zoukka

fanboi said:

Speedlings to mutas is great against Protoss because most of the time they will tech to Immortals or Colossi. Just make sure to clean the sentrys before engaging stalker ball with your mutas... works against zerg pretty well too because 99% of zerg players go mass roach.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
FromTheFuture said:
So what would you rather do? Get a mech army instead? Go air? Wrong, you're still supposed to get a MMM army in that situation, but instead grab some Ghosts alongside.
that's missing the point though

you build your army based on what you plan to do, then what you expect your opponent to do, and then on what they're actually doing.

if terran players just mass MMM every time, good opponents will be able to build their army to counter this. you need to throw your opponent off guard with unexpected builds. did you see that replay posted earlier where it was TvZ and the terran went for vikings asap, sniped overlords to supply cock block, and then harassed economy from the cliff? i don't think he built a single marauder or medic that whole game did he?

MMM is just the safe bet. It's not a must though.

fanboi said:
i dunno to be honest. not sure how you counter MMM as zerg. banelings sound good i suppose, but they're not so effective against the marauders. how effective is the infestor's fungal growth? i haven't had an opportunity to use it. immobilises and does AoE damage.

Ozorov

Scrow said:
that's missing the point though

you build your army based on what you plan to do, then what you expect your opponent to do, and then on what they're actually doing.

if terran players just mass MMM every time, good opponents will be able to build their army to counter this. you need to throw your opponent off guard with unexpected builds. remember that game earlier where it was TvZ and the terran went for vikings asap, sniped overlords to supply cock block, and then harassed economy from the cliff? i don't think he built a single marauder or medic that whole game did he?

MMM is just the safe bet. It's not a must though.

i dunno to be honest. not sure how you counter MMM as zerg. banelings sound good i suppose, but they're not so effective against the marauders. how effective is the infestor's fungal growth? i haven't had an opportunity to use it. immobilises and does AoE damage.

He got some maruders/medics i the "final" push i think. At least he got marines/medic

Top Bottom