• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Pachinko

Starcraft 2 is awesome.

Before edited this was a post meant for a different thread :D

Seriously though this damn beta has kept my friend and I up overly late all week. More him then myself though.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
TurtleSnatcher said:
no waiz.. units die to other units if you dont have enough to beat them?
Hey now don't be like that.

Once you have enough to trap the hellion it can only kill 1 or 2 at a time and gets killed quickly. Speedlings on creep is a deterrent for me.

I'll try to poke in but...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
TurtleSnatcher said:
Eh shouldnt be a problem.

Fact should be ez as hell to get out in time now with the reduce gas cost =[
?
well, i guess with foregoing stim and reactors factory should be up alot quicker even off of one gas.

Last call for 1v1 tourney. Holler if you want in!

ZealousD (Zealous.demon)
Milabrega (Milabrega.milabrega)
Trasher (trasher.trasher)
Pandaman (Panda.craft)
FromTheFuture (Alumus.mosaic)
-COOLIO- (COOLIO.nick)
Wedge7 (wedge.wedge)
TurtleSnatcher (pezradar.gbx)
Zzoram (zzoram.zzoram)
MisterAnderson (VertigoII.vince)
Cheeto (Cheeto.bandito)
Terproerg (Terproerg.terproerg)
AbortedWalrusFetus (WalrusFetus.aborted)
Procarbine (procarbine.red)
hobart (hobart.hobartaj)
fatty (Robert.fatty)
valenti (valenti.valenti)
DemiMatt (demi.batsu)
Elixtar (elix.elix)
Ice Monkey (operation.cwal)

"MisterAnderson (VertigoII.vince)" needs to be changed to "PyroGX.ptmc" that's my new battle.net name post-patch.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
TurtleSnatcher said:

50 less minerals you mean.

Not a big deal. Due to reactor time you now get 2 out slower.

Hellions come out real fast so it's not a D problem. I usually grab some hellions when I have my medivacs, 4 of them upgraded can demolish a zerg mineral line.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hazaro said:
50 less minerals you mean.

Not a big deal. Due to reactor time you now get 2 out slower.

Hellions come out real fast so it's not a D problem. I usually grab some hellions when I have my medivacs, 4 of them upgraded can demolish a zerg mineral line.
build your factories reactor with your barracks like you would for a starport with your factory in fast medivac builds.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
is a creep tumour considered burrowed (both "used" and "unused" versions)? so units can path straight over it?

edit: nvm, checked for myself. seems they are both considered burrowed. zerglings pass through it. there goes my plans of using them as a hidden defensive line at my ramp, since they're cloaked to the enemy. :p

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
-COOLIO- said:
are there any tier 1 terran counters to roaches?
roaches are considered "armored".

marauders do +10 damage to armored units, for a total of 20 damage (w/o upgrades).

roaches do 16 damage with no bonus damage modifiers.

however marauders have only 125hp and 1 armor, whereas roaches have 145hp and 2 armor.

also... marauders take up two supply and cost 100 minerals and 25 gas, whereas roaches take up one supply and cost 75 minerals and 25 gas. so it's difficult to outnumber roaches with marauders.

edit: not sure if all those stats are accurate. i pulled them off http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_StarCraft_II_units and i'm not sure how current it is.

edit2: oh yeah, i forgot to mention range. roaches have a very short range of 3, whereas marauders have twice that range at 6, so you can try to kite the roaches by continually pulling your marauders back and attacking. use stim to help kite if they somehow manage to get into attack range, but that should be almost impossible with marauder's slow.

edit3: damn it haz, stop reading my mind!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pandaman said:
build your factories reactor with your barracks like you would for a starport with your factory in fast medivac builds.
I'm hesitant to do that since I'll have only 1 or 2 marines out.

I go for mards first, then get out my hellions. That way if they go roach (and they usually do) I won't be doomed.

Plus I can wait around till roaches are out of position then drive in quickly.
Scrow said:
roaches are considered "armored".

marauders do +10 damage to armored units, for a total of 20 damage (w/o upgrades).

roaches do 16 damage with no bonus damage modifiers.

however marauders have only 125hp and 1 armor, whereas roaches have 145hp and 2 armor.

also... marauders take up two supply and cost 100 minerals and 25 gas, whereas roaches take up one supply and cost 75 minerals and 25 gas. so it's difficult to outnumber roaches with marauders.

edit: not sure if all those stats are accurate. i pulled them off http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_StarCraft_II_units and i'm not sure how current it is.
Very current.
Keep in mind mards have 6 range and do 18 to roaches (+slow) while roaches have 3 range and do 15 damage.

On the down side mard take longer to build, cost more, and use up 2 supply instead of 1. You also can't make 7 at a time.

Just make sure your mards are in a ball, move and shoot keeping all your mards attacking and only letting some of the roaches attack. Once you have stim this is even easier. Also if you pursue with mards any roach that is hit will be slowed and be able to be killed.

Against zerg I tend to open 2 tech rax mards -> reactor rax -> stim push. IF that doesn't do it get medivacs, try dropping and hellion harass (cheap as hell and can kill 20 drones), then just stim to victory. Microed hellions vs a hydra arc is very effective as well.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
chris-013 said:
Marines with stimpack own roaches. ^^
Not as much as mards. Marines having their damage reduced 33% is not fun. Plus they have less range and die in 3 hits.

With mards only costing 5 more seconds (30 vs 25) just get mards.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Team Liquid SC II Invitational!
Saturday 8am PST / 11am EST

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=117237

The top European players coming together in a tournement!
It will be glorious!

Protoss: Nazgul, White-Ra, HasuObs, Nightend
Terran: Demuslim, Morrow, Strelok, BRAT_OK, Insomnia, FrozenArbiter
Zerg: ret, Zion, Horror, Naugrim, Haypro
Random: TheLittleOne

Pretty much everyone in Europe who is awesome at starcraft.
Going to be AWESOME. Bolded are pro-gamers (that I know). Italics for names I know.

Starts in 3h 20 minutes

Paz

5 Placement matches is having a pretty negative effect on my SC2 right now :( I dced in some of my matches and ended up in silver league where I got to rank 1 playing random and reaper/dt/speedling rushing everyone, so it moved me up to gold and I'm rank 1 there doing the same thing...

It isn't fun for me or the people I'm playing (the majority anyway) and it isn't fun for me, it wouldn't have happened with the 10 placement match system or just letting me pick my league.

It would be nice if blizzard let you do-over your placement matches :/

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Paz said:
5 Placement matches is having a pretty negative effect on my SC2 right now :( I dced in some of my matches and ended up in silver league where I got to rank 1 playing random and reaper/dt/speedling rushing everyone, so it moved me up to gold and I'm rank 1 there doing the same thing...

It isn't fun for me or the people I'm playing (the majority anyway) and it isn't fun for me, it wouldn't have happened with the 10 placement match system or just letting me pick my league.

It would be nice if blizzard let you do-over your placement matches :/
You seemingly rank up much faster so I wouldn't worry about it.

Hazaro said:
Team Liquid SC II Invitational!
Saturday 8am PST / 11am EST

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=117237

The top European players coming together in a tournement!
It will be glorious!

Protoss: Nazgul, White-Ra, HasuObs, Nightend
Terran: Demuslim, Morrow, Strelok, BRAT_OK, Insomnia, FrozenArbiter
Zerg: ret, Zion, Horror, Naugrim, Haypro
Random: TheLittleOne

Pretty much everyone in Europe who is awesome at starcraft.
Going to be AWESOME. Bolded are pro-gamers (that I know). Italics for names I know.

Starts in 3h 20 minutes
Where is the live-stream going to be?

Meeru

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:

It's reduced gold cost..get your facts straight :lol 진짜 한국사람인지 잘 모르겠네 :lol

Won

Starting to get annoyed with Marauders. Feels like anything I have early on with toss is useless against them. :/

Won said:
Starting to get annoyed with Marauders. Feels like anything I have early on with toss is useless against them. :/
You can get out Immortals fairly quickly which hard counter them. You can also micro Zealots and Sentries to take them down.

chris-013

Won said:

I need practice against toss and I think you are EU no ?
I think the charge help a lot with zealots against marauders.

My new ID is the same : ChrisXIII.fra

Ultimatum

Banned
ret vs DeMusliM is about to start

http://www.livestream.com/striderdoom

edit:
ooh, 1-1. DeMusliM had a really interesting start to the first game, but got owned later in it. Game two DeMuslim got some real quick revenge.

edit 2:
2-1 to DeMusliM. Ret played well, but just couldn't make use of his banelings.

Cheeto

Should have been 2-2 this morning on the 1v1 ladder, but windows firewall decided to wake up in the background in the middle of a game and ask me if it should allow or deny SC2....kicked me out of the game and counted as a loss in a game I was definitely going to win... fml

I don't even have Windows Firewall enabled.

Meeru

Banned
Cheeto said:
Should have been 2-2 this morning on the 1v1 ladder, but windows firewall decided to wake up in the background in the middle of a game and ask me if it should allow or deny SC2....kicked me out of the game and counted as a loss in a game I was definitely going to win... fml

I don't even have Windows Firewall enabled.
It shoulve opened the notification from the very beginning :lol

If anybody is doing customs, please invite me to spectate!

Doing things around the house today and want to watch some live StarCraft action.

Lamonster.zone

Man, I am getting my ass handed to me as Protoss. I've been sticking to a combination of zealots, stalkers, and immortals for the most part, focusing on fast economy.

I generally don't push hard enough, and I eventually get overwhelmed with air.

My name is same after the name change, (US) BlueScrote.blue

Top Bottom