• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

mcrae

Hazaro said:
Team Liquid SC II Invitational!
Saturday 8am PST / 11am EST

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=117237

The top European players coming together in a tournement!
It will be glorious!

Protoss: Nazgul, White-Ra, HasuObs, Nightend
Terran: Demuslim, Morrow, Strelok, BRAT_OK, Insomnia, FrozenArbiter
Zerg: ret, Zion, Horror, Naugrim, Haypro
Random: TheLittleOne

Pretty much everyone in Europe who is awesome at starcraft.
Going to be AWESOME. Bolded are pro-gamers (that I know). Italics for names I know.

Starts in 3h 20 minutes

hoyl shit. did anyone just watch the little one vs whitera?

TLO (if it is the same person) had some of the most ridiculous play ever in SupCom, a game that actually had some really good players at the top tier.

Fun games. His TvP on Metalopolis was ridiculous.

Meeru

Banned
Fragamemnon said:
TLO (if it is the same person) had some of the most ridiculous play ever in SupCom, a game that actually had some really good players at the top tier.

Fun games. His TvP on Metalopolis was ridiculous.
Yeah thats him

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So in my spare time, I was thinking of ideas for making a custom map. When the galaxy editor comes out, I want to try and get it out ASAP for GAF games and hopefully even get it popular on battle.net.

The idea I'm liking the most is sort of a "ghost wars" map. Each player controls one ghost. The objective of the game is for one of the players to nuke an objective in the middle of the map. However, the objective is on a piece of high ground that you need a spotter for.

The idea is, players will kill patrolling marines and other players around the map. You kill enemies, you gain minerals. You die, you lose a few minerals. Eventually, you have to save up for a Raven (as a spotter) and a Nuke. To add some depth, cloak and emp are initially unavailable, and you have to decide when or if you want to spend some of your minerals to buy them. There will also be a couple "energy recharge" stations around the map that players can try and contest.

Anybody else liking the idea?

JonAmikar said:
I'll be on later tonight if you wanna mass some 2v2's.

Amikar.crust

Ok, if any one else would like to join forces with me in 2v2 SC2 let me know.
I have my own vent server that we can comuincate and would lve to find people to play with or just be friends! (USA, EST) FIFAsnipe.fifasnipe

DrEvil

not a medical professional
hey guys, I posted my info in the online forum thread, but I've added a bunch of you guys, so feel free to add me to your lists:

drevil.neogaf

I'm not AWESOME, so go easy on me, lol.

ZealousD said:
So in my spare time, I was thinking of ideas for making a custom map. When the galaxy editor comes out, I want to try and get it out ASAP for GAF games and hopefully even get it popular on battle.net.

The idea I'm liking the most is sort of a "ghost wars" map. Each player controls one ghost. The objective of the game is for one of the players to nuke an objective in the middle of the map. However, the objective is on a piece of high ground that you need a spotter for.

The idea is, players will kill patrolling marines and other players around the map. You kill enemies, you gain minerals. You die, you lose a few minerals. Eventually, you have to save up for a Raven (as a spotter) and a Nuke. To add some depth, cloak and emp are initially unavailable, and you have to decide when or if you want to spend some of your minerals to buy them. There will also be a couple "energy recharge" stations around the map that players can try and contest.

sounds cool ...I was gonna say something involving the respawn hurting players chances but then i realized you covered that. I'd certainly give it a whirl :)

I was thinking of trying to somehow incorporate burrowing marines that can explode into some sort of custom game but i have no idea what. just sounds funny :)

Trasher

Placed in Silver. Won my first three games no sweat. All against really bad players. Then I lost my last two where each of my opponents rushed me. Was able to fend off the rush each time (first game was a Reaper rush and the other was a Ling rush), but I was put so far back that I wasn't able to catch back up. I feel like Protoss is the easiest to beat with a rush. :(

If anyone wants to play some GAF games later let me know. Just gonna eat some dinner right now.

raphier

Banned
ZealousD said:

I've done this before in sc1 in a different way. But having two ghosts and EMP (Lockdown) available is a blast. One has nuke ability but has poor marksmanship, the other suffers from nuke ability but is good against enemy marines. The lockdown or in this case the EMP just adds a lot of depth into the tactics. one arms the nuke and the other defends the unit, using lockdown strategically and for each kill you get certain amount of minerals for more nukes. We had a blast with the idea, but it wore out pretty fast, within days.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
raphier said:
I've done this before in sc1 in a different way. But having two ghosts and EMP (Lockdown) available is a blast. One has nuke ability but has poor marksmanship, the other suffers from nuke ability but is good against enemy marines. The lockdown or in this case the EMP just adds a lot of depth into the tactics. one arms the nuke and the other defends the unit, using lockdown strategically and for each kill you get certain amount of minerals for more nukes. We had a blast with the idea, but it wore out pretty fast, within days.

I was sort of thinking of having a female variant of the ghost within the game. Basically, a male ghost would have more health, but a female ghost would recharge energy faster. So she'd be able to snipe/cloak/emp more.

Trasher

Fragamemnon said:
The really wild game was versus Nazgul, but the finals ( <3 WhiteRa, only P foreigner I like ) had some weird things going on from TLO as well.

I'm not a particular fan of TLO's playstyle but it did provide entertaining, non-standard play that sometimes even worked.
You have a link to the wild game?

Top Bottom