• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The CC abilities are perfectly fine.

They don't need to change anything.
Also how the hell can you people give up scan for a MULE constantly?

I played my 2nd placement (TvT AGAIN). Hate this match up. Guy didn't even scan me once and I just wrecked him with drops.

If I had siege mode I could have probably stopped the base trading but I was just changing my build as I was playing and had nothing in mind.

If you watch from his point of view it looks like I'm some super pro I think :lol
http://www.mediafire.com/?glivchthyho
(Marine scout SCV snipe, tanks to deny factory, run back to kill turrets, run back again with hellions since turrets are down, make air to deal with liftoff / banshee (they 2 hit SCV's now))
Ends up in base trading / lift off. Ugh.

His critical mistake was not scouting and not pressuring me early with his bio army.

Im horrible at this game, haha. Im gonna keep playing though, not often because I dont really like SC, but I figure if I play I might actualy get invites, so my friends can play.

Its funny how a SC noob like me gets in a beta like this though, haha.

C&C for life!

Edit: any tips for a Protoss player? build orders and units to make lots of?

Ashhong

this is going to sound extremely nooby, but as a protoss, what should i strive for as a good group to take on the offensive?

i am always lost after the first 10 minutes or so and never know what i should build. if i dont rush in the first couple minutes with zealots i am just lost. i try to build more zealots and some stalkers but that shit never works. should i move into air? the only other thing ive ever done is mass carrier and mothership, but that only worked because it was a FFA and dude was ditracted by other dude....

Zzoram

J-Rod said:
Can you play ranked matches with a friend? I have one in my party and find match is greyed out. :(

Only 2v2 is currently allowed, so your party has to be of 2 people, no more. Also, only the party leader (the avatar with a star on it) can start Find Match.

You have a separate ranking with each partner, so you'll have to do placements with every new partner, but that is done using Find Match.

Milabrega

Put him into the EU list, thanks Lamonster. Another reminder, EU beta people please denote that you are in the EU beta when giving your battle.net name.

I'm on now if anyone wants to do some 1v1's or get a lobby going. Add me Milabrega.Milabrega

What's going on with the 1v1 tourney ZealousD?

Nobiru said:
Im horrible at this game, haha. Im gonna keep playing though, not often because I dont really like SC, but I figure if I play I might actualy get invites, so my friends can play.

Its funny how a SC noob like me gets in a beta like this though, haha.

C&C for life!

Why do you WANT me to hate you so?

I was just watching a livestream game thing cause they were giving out a beta key to someone, but I didn't win grrr.

I was playing a 4v4 (comps) last night, it was actually a lota fun, although totally chaotic. Something I learned today, if they are right, there is no longer a height advantage in miss chance? So shooting at guys on top of a ramp with my stalkers, I'll hit 100% of the time unlike in sc1 where say dragoons would randomly miss every now and then.

Can anyone elaborate, or at least know why they took that out :(

Wedge7

Orangepeel said:
Why do you WANT me to hate you so?

I was just watching a livestream game thing cause they were giving out a beta key to someone, but I didn't win grrr.

I was playing a 4v4 (comps) last night, it was actually a lota fun, although totally chaotic. Something I learned today, if they are right, there is no longer a height advantage in miss chance? So shooting at guys on top of a ramp with my stalkers, I'll hit 100% of the time unlike in sc1 where say dragoons would randomly miss every now and then.

Can anyone elaborate, or at least know why they took that out :(

Right, your 100% correct. Low units have 100% hit chance, which I'm not too sure if I like. The only diff is that if you dont have a spotter, you cant hit the units while they can hit you. But its generally pretty easy to get vision up top in most cases, and I think in SC2, the defenders advantage is thus alot less of a big deal.

Err... I such ALOT! FUCK! Each game, I learn a new tactic and when I apply it in a different game, I get fucking OWNED!

0-10 is my record so far. Terrans are my fellow brethren. Any tips? Some dude was nice enough to show me how to avoid rush attacks but now I've become an entire defensive player due to that. When I got my ass kicked real bad, I decided to become an offense player but no luck.

:/

shagg_187 said:
Err... I such ALOT! FUCK! Each game, I learn a new tactic and when I apply it in a different game, I get fucking OWNED!

0-10 is my record so far. Terrans are my fellow brethren. Any tips? Some dude was nice enough to show me how to avoid rush attacks but now I've become an entire defensive player due to that. When I got my ass kicked real bad, I decided to become an offense player but no luck.

econ econ econ. Get that down and you'll likely have an advantage against about 50% of the populace IMHO

Apath

Wedge7 said:
Right, your 100% correct. Low units have 100% hit chance, which I'm not too sure if I like. The only diff is that if you dont have a spotter, you cant hit the units while they can hit you. But its generally pretty easy to get vision up top in most cases, and I think in SC2, the defenders advantage is thus alot less of a big deal.
*mind blown*
Hopefully it's an option in the editor to just un-check the no-height advantage. I always liked how it reflected the big advantage of the high ground.

Elixtar

ZealousD said:
My ID remains Zealous.demon. Add me at your earliest convenience.

BTW, I am still taking names for the US 1v1 tourney. If you've changed your ID, note it. If you still want to join in, reply to this post and leave your ID.

ZealousD (Zealous.demon)
Milabrega (Milabrega.milabrega)
Trasher (trasher.trasher)
Pandaman (Panda.craft)
FromTheFuture (Alumus.mosaic)
-COOLIO- (COOLIO.nick)
Wedge7 (wedge.ncn)
TurtleSnatcher (pezradar.gbx)
Zzoram (zzoram.zzoram)
MisterAnderson (VertigoII.vince)
Cheeto (Cheeto.Cheetobandit)
Terproerg (Terproerg.terproerg)
AbortedWalrusFetus (WalrusFetus.aborted)
Procarbine (procarbine.red)
hobart (hobart.hobartaj)
fatty (Robert.fatty)

I'd like to participate. Elix.elix

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
shagg_187 said:

Make tech lab, make 2nd rax, make reactor, make marines. Continue.
Attack. Win.

Still viable just gets delayed a bit, you'll want to put earlly pressure on with your mards to keep P in his base until your marines start coming (He'll probably counter with Immortals, if he doesn't he will probably lose anyway).

Micro your 1st mards to kill his early zealots too. (lol slow)

*I'll probably be on after watching the Winners League tonight.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20475129&postcount=131

J-Rod

When I get inv to a party, my option to select a race gets grayed out. Same for my partner. The host seems to be able to just fine. Can you pick a race? How does that work?

JWong

Banned
J-Rod said:
When I get inv to a party, my option to select a race gets grayed out. Same for my partner. The host seems to be able to just fine. Can you pick a race? How does that work?
It asks you to select a race when the host searches for a game.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Last call for 1v1 tourney. Holler if you want in!

ZealousD (Zealous.demon)
Pandaman (Panda.craft)
-COOLIO- (COOLIO.nick)
Wedge7 (wedge.wedge)
Zzoram (zzoram.zzoram)
Cheeto (Cheeto.bandito)
hobart (hobart.hobartaj)
fatty (Robert.fatty)
valenti (valenti.valenti)
DemiMatt (demi.batsu)
Elixtar (elix.elix)
Ice Monkey (operation.cwal)

ZealousD said:
Last call for 1v1 tourney. Holler if you want in!

ZealousD (Zealous.demon)
Pandaman (Panda.craft)
-COOLIO- (COOLIO.nick)
Wedge7 (wedge.wedge)
Zzoram (zzoram.zzoram)
Cheeto (Cheeto.bandito)
hobart (hobart.hobartaj)
fatty (Robert.fatty)
valenti (valenti.valenti)
DemiMatt (demi.batsu)
Elixtar (elix.elix)
Ice Monkey (operation.cwal)

Add me to it!

shagg_187 (shagg.gaf)

nilbog21

Banned
please add me !!! i hope its not too late :(

vautrin.ziz

i dont have anyone's ID :(

are all the games gona be just one game elimination? :eek:

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Hazaro said:
The CC abilities are perfectly fine.

They don't need to change anything.
Also how the hell can you people give up scan for a MULE constantly?

I played my 2nd placement (TvT AGAIN). Hate this match up. Guy didn't even scan me once and I just wrecked him with drops.

If I had siege mode I could have probably stopped the base trading but I was just changing my build as I was playing and had nothing in mind.

If you watch from his point of view it looks like I'm some super pro I think :lol
http://www.mediafire.com/?glivchthyho
(Marine scout SCV snipe, tanks to deny factory, run back to kill turrets, run back again with hellions since turrets are down, make air to deal with liftoff / banshee (they 2 hit SCV's now))
Ends up in base trading / lift off. Ugh.

His critical mistake was not scouting and not pressuring me early with his bio army.
i get a replay desync when i try to view that. anyone have ideas how to fix it?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Scrow said:
Gah. Check to make sure you don't have AI installed?
I get a desync error when trying to watch valenti's rep before :[

Mudkips

Banned
-COOLIO- said:
oh, that explains it. i was going tit for tat with this guys mutas and i was trying to think what else i could do.

what's the terran counter for mass mutas then? vikings or rines?

Terran counter for mass X = Raven.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Hazaro said:
Gah. Check to make sure you don't have AI installed?
I get a desync error when trying to watch valenti's rep before :[
AI is not installed.

Mudkips said:
Terran counter for mass X = Raven.
for seeker mine? mutas will outrun that no problem. of course the advantage of that is you keep the mutas away from the fight for a little while, but it won't kill them if the zerg player is on their game.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
So does anyone know why after installing the patch the game wouldnt let me pick 1 v1? The only options available were 3 v3 and 2 v 2 . The game wouldn't even let me join a game :/

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Scrow said:
Ok it has to be on my end. Apparently we must all have the same AI files.

*I reinstalled and everything is good again

Cant you just reinstall.. it takes seconds too since its the beta and is so small

And Fuck Terrans on Kulas Ravine. They have so many damn advantages on that map with lifting off and drop ships being so ez to get for them =[

Lost a 1v1 Ladder barely because he was able to manuever around like that.. ugh.

Then my next 1v1 was on that stupid Sand one and the toss double gateway proxy'd with the pylon off the outside ledge in my base..

I thankfully caught it and faught off zealots for like 5 mins.. then got the speed upgrade and sent a ton of lings to his base where he had nothing going..

Finished while dancing in my own base..

:X

Somehow won that since I didnt notice the proxy until he already had 2 zeals made.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
turtle sometime tommorow we should 1v1 if possible, hellion/mar seemed strong when i fought mila/haly today so i want to test it on a strong speedlinger. :p

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
TurtleSnatcher said:
What would we need to even test?

hellions alone can destroy speedlings
Hellions die to speedlings on creep if you don't have enough / don't have the upgrade.

I'll probably just reinstall anyway.

Top Bottom