• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The beta thread won't last nearly as long but the official thread will have legs forever if it includes mod/map editor discussion.

Ozorov

Scrow said:
8000th reply!

and it officially puts us on the 2nd page of the threads with most replies :)

got a looooong way to go before we beat the rock band thread which weighs in at 117,959 replies ;)

Lets celibrate with more keys!

Does Day[9] have some youtube channel?

Paz

Just won a very entertaining game where I made 200 population of drones and queens to feed my ally who called down nukes over most of the map while producing marines from 20 barracks. It was pretty fun getting a couple hundred APM from just econ macro lol.

My team has dropped to from 1st place plat to 3rd place though :( Don't play much 2v2 so it's hard to keep with the game massers (and players who use real strats every game).

Ozorov

Scrow said:
:lol

seriously, why hasn't his account being banned? he's a proven hacker and it has been brought to the attention of Blizzard staff, yet he's still allowed to play?

Blizzard sucked to take away cheaters in WC3, guess its the same here :|

emerge

Ozorov said:
Blizzard sucked to take away cheaters in WC3, guess its the same here :|

Same for SC, Diablo, Diablo II. I guess even cheating customers are still customers filling Blizzards pockets. Blizzard's self proclaimed strong stance against cheating has never been much more than lip service, the yearly battle.net mass banning notwithstanding. They are banning cheaters at such a low frequency that cheaters will feel that they have got their value out of cheating, even if they have to rebuy the game to continue their crap on a fresh key / battle.net account. Most just rebuy.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
nevake (the TL account) has a few replays up too.

And if you watch HDStarcraft/husky, be sure to watch the Nazgul vs TheLittleOne. That was an amazing game.

I just got into the beta about a week or two ago on a friend invite. Was placed in bronze league before the wipe, but haven't played enough placement games to get into the leagues afterwards.

I'm finally starting to learn how useful colossi are. In a PvP I outmacroed this guy (he was kind of camping at the top of his ramp so I went and took an expo) but his colossi and immortals made up for lack of numbers against my zealot/sentry/stalker army. We ended up trading bases (I warped in a bunch of things at his base while he was destroying mine) but I ended up winning because I had another island expo and he had no way to get to it. :lol

Ozorov

Akuun said:
nevake (the TL account) has a few replays up too.

And if you watch HDStarcraft/husky, be sure to watch the Nazgul vs TheLittleOne. That was an amazing game.

I just got into the beta about a week or two ago on a friend invite. Was placed in bronze league before the wipe, but haven't played enough placement games to get into the leagues afterwards.

I'm finally starting to learn how useful colossi are. In a PvP I outmacroed this guy (he was kind of camping at the top of his ramp so I went and took an expo) but his colossi and immortals made up for lack of numbers against my zealot/sentry/stalker army. We ended up trading bases (I warped in a bunch of things at his base while he was destroying mine) but I ended up winning because I had another island expo and he had no way to get to it. :lol

Indeed! Nevake also has it with Day[9] as a commentator.

MrMister said:
I decided to finally upload one of my replays for you guys.

Basically a game on Desert Oasis between me and another Terran player.
I called it Reaper's Last Stand because I end up winning by just a hair.
It was a great game and I laughed pretty hard after winning. :lol

Anyways, enjoy my newbie-ness and sub-30 APM!

I may upload more of mine in the future... dunno.

Poor Canadians :(

If you posted for critiques let me give ya some xD
You should get in the habit of knowing what your opponent is doing, especially as terran since you have the benefit of orbital commands. Speaking on that matter, using the extra supply ability is really something I look at as a last resort sorta deal, only if I need to have another 8 supply right away, you're better off looking for an expansion with a scan sweep or checking his main base for key tech structures to give you an idea of what he's planing.

Slightly entertaining :p

fatty

Oh crap, I thought I was giving my ID for just general gaming with GAF and not the tournament. :lol

Looks like I have a long hill ahead of me since I just got the beta about a week ago and only have about 15 matches under my belt.

Corum

fatty said:
Oh crap, I thought I was giving my ID for just general gaming with GAF and not the tournament. :lol

Looks like I have a long hill ahead of me since I just got the beta about a week ago and only have about 15 matches under my belt.

I'm now backing you to win it, don't let me down.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
fatty said:

I'm similarly new but I didn't give out my ID. Looks like I dodged a bullet. :lol

Good luck to everyone playing!

hobart

Great job, Zealous. Looks great -- rules look good too.

Good luck to all! Looking forward to some replays and maybe some casts of the later rounds (I'm more than willing to cast at some point ;) )

aznpxdd

fatty said:

Also you are facing Turtle in the first round. GG.

aznpxdd said:
Also you are facing Turtle in the first round. GG.
I dunno I may pull out (lulz pull out) because I thought this would start late last week when we were signing up lol.. Gonna be busy the next few weeks prepping for a SF4 tourney =[

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
TurtleSnatcher said:
I dunno I may pull out (lulz pull out) because I thought this would start late last week when we were signing up lol.. Gonna be busy the next few weeks prepping for a SF4 tourney =[
Yessssssssssssssss :lol

Also I forgot what race you play.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Dear lord. I just had the weirdest game. 2v2, (T+Z)vs(P+Z), lasted an hour and twenty minutes on Twilight Fortress.

By the end the only person with a consistent base was the Terran player, who had lifted off his orbital command and hid it in the corner of the map with a few Battlecruisers while he went around mopping up the remains of the enemy on the map so they couldn't get back on their feet.

http://www.filefront.com/15976015/teamedward.SC2Replay

Hazaro said:
Yessssssssssssssss :lol

Also I forgot what race you play.
omg mean.

And Zerg

DemiMatt -

I saw the most sick banshee rush yesterday.. I don't even know how to play Terran but I really wanna try it one game .. I may just try it in a custom 1v1 or something but it was so sick.

syoaran

Good luck guys ~

Finishing the upgrades for SC2 on the go when the mac client is released (more ram, SSD HD and mixamp for the soundcard) - friends finally started using the key's that were sent to me - but I forgot how demoralising the game is at the start and the difference in skill depending on the amount you play. Despite my APM being very very low the fact that I can rush them with 6 marines before they get their first zealot.

Also in a way, makes me feel better about how far this game does push you competitively. Can not wait to get back home to play some more ~

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
TurtleSnatcher said:
omg mean.

And Zerg

DemiMatt -

I saw the most sick banshee rush yesterday.. I don't even know how to play Terran but I really wanna try it one game .. I may just try it in a custom 1v1 or something but it was so sick.
Hmm maybe I'll banshee rush you :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
TurtleSnatcher said:
I actually think this is the fastest banshee rush I have ever seen.

Like Banshees out by the time the Zerg had his FE hatchery done.. :lol
I mean wall + banshee on 9 rush. :D

No time to build a supply depot... have 2 SCV's kill each other.

*p.s. if you FE I will kill you.

DemiMatt

TurtleSnatcher said:
omg mean.

And Zerg

DemiMatt -

LULZ, you must tell me!

aznpxdd said:
How special can a banshee rush get??!

Clearly.... you have never played me! (or maybe you have, gaf names =/= sc2 names....for the most part)

UGH, I was raging last night, was having an off night and then that lag from jwong game did not help me at all. It made mila look like he was on a T1 line.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
TurtleSnatcher said:
I dont even know what your talking about anymore.. who said I was FEing.. I said I was gonna try it.. not play Zerg.
Instead of a banshee rush on 11 supply (making no other units except for 11 SCV's). I would skip a supply depot by having two SCV's kill each other which makes the banshee pop out a few seconds faster.

That is separate from our TvZ matchup (provided you survive) where if you FE things might not turn out so well for you...

Hazaro said:
Instead of a banshee rush on 11 supply (making no other units except for 11 SCV's). I would skip a supply depot by having two SCV's kill each other which makes the banshee pop out a few seconds faster.

That is separate from our TvZ matchup (provided you survive) where if you FE things might not turn out so well for you...
Interesting..

The video I posted though had the Starport finish right at the end of the the first Supply Depot.. he had no mineral or supply issues and got em out w/o hesitaion in succession.

DemiMatt

TurtleSnatcher said:
I dont even know what your talking about anymore.. who said I was FEing.. I said I was gonna try it.. not play Zerg.

Demi/Deltron -

Watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAkK7wqBpRQ (Commentary from MLG is so annoying)

AND

t-hanks1.jpg

I have a new build! BE AWARE! :lol

Cheeto

Won said:
God, why is that recorded on lowest settings? Pretty big blunder there!

And beside the zerg had the starport scouted from the beginning, but did nothing about it... I think that the early banshees are easily countered, he just did nothing about it.

Cheeto said:

And beside the zerg had the starport scouted from the beginning, but did nothing about it... I think that the early banshees are easily countered, he just did nothing about it.

No he didn't

The shout caster even shows the vision of the Zerg and the overlord pulled back since it was walking into a terran base with a barracks that he did see..

Go to 4:35 of the video.. it shows this.. Not sure what you are seeing of a Starport from the Zergs vision.

Won

He didn't see the Starport, but he scouted the Factory, which blocked the entrance. The Terran player was basically screaming "CHEEEESE" over the whole map and the Zerg player just smiled and continued with his FE.

Still crazy build.

Top Bottom