• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Cheeto

TurtleSnatcher said:
No he didn't

The shout caster even shows the vision of the Zerg and the overlord pulled back since it was walking into a terran base with a barracks that he did see..

Go to 4:35 of the video.. it shows this.. Not sure what you are seeing of a Starport from the Zergs vision.
Oh I see, I mistook the factory for the starport.

Milabrega said:
That's more a failure to scout on the zerg than it is a good build. Late OL, and let his lings get distracted by a scouting scv.

Yea I agree.. then again.. if the OL was brought over and they saw a barracks.. my first instinction as a zerg would be GTFO I'm about to lose my OL!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Do you protoss players have any advice on how to deal with terrans? My friend's been building up a pretty sizable winning streak on me ever since he started blocking his ramp and then going hellion runpast attempt --> banshee harass --> MMM push with banshee support/distraction.

Arzehn

Patch 7 notes:

Balance Changes

* TERRAN

o Banshee

+ The health has been increased from 130 to 140.

o Missile Turret

+ The damage has been changed from 7+7 armored to 12.

o Thor

+ Anti-Air damage has been decreased from 10+6 light to 8+4 light.
+ Anti-Air attack now deals splash damage in a 0.5 radius.

* PROTOSS

o High Templar

+ The Psi Storm radius has been decreased from 2 to 1.5.

o Photon Cannon

+ Life and Shield values have been increased from 125/125 to 150/150.

* ZERG

o Broodlord

+ Damage has been decreased from 25 to 20.

o Roach

+ Organic Carapace no longer grants bonus regeneration to unburrowed roaches.

o Spine Crawler

+ Damage has been increased from 20+10 armored to 25+5 armored.
+ Attack period decreased from 2.2 to 1.6.

o Spore Crawler

+ The cost has been decreased from 100 to 75.

Bug Fixes

* Fixed an issue in which players would desync when matched against others with certain CPUs.
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23094049316&postId=240364940028&sid=5000#7

Looks like some nice anti air vs mutalisks for terran

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
iirc they play on lowest since it is easier to see units and such. Not sure if I agree with them.

That build looked to be very well executed. Good job by Cathon.

Idra being butthurt about cheese like usual :lol

* TERRAN

o Banshee

+ The health has been increased from 130 to 140.
What. Why?

o Missile Turret

+ The damage has been changed from 7+7 armored to 12.
Suck it mutas (If it is 12x2 to everything that is massive buff)

o Thor

+ Anti-Air damage has been decreased from 10+6 light to 8+4 light.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

* PROTOSS

o High Templar

+ The Psi Storm radius has been decreased from 2 to 1.5.
Yes

o Photon Cannon

+ Life and Shield values have been increased from 125/125 to 150/150.
Fair enough

* ZERG

o Broodlord

+ Damage has been decreased from 25 to 20.
Broodlings are the problem not the initial damage

o Roach

+ Organic Carapace no longer grants bonus regeneration to unburrowed roaches.
Yes.

o Spine Crawler

Holy shit. Massive buff. This is like a free expo to Zerg. Not happy about this in the slightest. This is really big.

o Spore Crawler

+ The cost has been decreased from 100 to 75.
Ehh fair I guess. It can move so I'd like it to be 100 especially since it has so much health.

chris-013

So I used the strat with fast banshee and this fucking own even if the player counter it (spore,hydra, muta, ect..) he can't FE and with 4-6 cloaked banshee you have a good harass squad at the start of the game and it's more difficult for him to expand without a good defense.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Hazaro said:
Idra being butthurt about cheese like usual :lol
I never understood the hate for him until I started watching some of his games that displayed in-game chat. :lol

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i really wish the phase cannons were brought back

mind you, i'm not a protoss player, i'd just love to fight against a dynamic protoss defense

o Thor

Ohhhh, that's gonna be big

The Psi Storm radius has been decreased from 2 to 1.5.

protoss players across the internet cry bitter tears

o Spine Crawler

faster spines, can't help but wish sunkens would just return in all it's full glory.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
nilbog21 said:
i don't realy understand why they keep nerfing toss
Because if you control your units really well you can take down an army double your size.

I'm almost tempted to play Zerg and just macro like mad now.

zoukka

They die so fast to mards and tanks it is more than fair.

But I hate them in the early game cuz I play zerg *cries*

And why were Mutas a problem to Terrans? I mean don't Vikings rape them? And Terrans usually have some marines to support them...

aznpxdd

zoukka said:
But I hate them in the early game cuz I play zerg *cries*

And why were Mutas a problem to Terrans? I mean don't Vikings rape them? And Terrans usually have some marines to support them...

Vikings were fine against Mutas, but not raped. Vikings are great against armored air, okay against light flyers.

What the.. patch?

Spine Crawlers getting buffed.. Nice. Cheese percentage agst Zerg has decreased! Also good base D for a quick expo. SPINE CRAWLER RUSH! jk :p

I don't agree with the Roach nerf again.. They are good but now its just propelled Marauders to the best tier 1 unit which is fine I guess.. but they can kite so many things =[

Thor buff to Anti Air I say was pretty needed. Helps agst fighting clumps of void rays possibly? (Do tehy have light armor?) I know it helps agst Mutas but man they were already fucking amazing vs Mutas

What is the good counter to Thors as Zerg? I never really looked into it.

zoukka

TurtleSnatcher said:
What is the good counter to Thors as Zerg? I never really looked into it.

Zerglings?

And these roach nerfs are stupid. I mean do they think that a hive level upgrade nerf will somehow change people spamming mass roaches?? Because you rarely even see the burrow tech in my crappy division. People just rely on the stupid stats of roaches.

I'll soon move to Terran if they just keep nerfing the two other races :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I think the only light armor flying units are the banshee, mutalisk, and phoenix.

Really unhappy about this Spine Crawler buff.

Mudkips

Banned
So are missile turrets no longer useless?
Somehow, I doubt it.

Hazaro said:
I think the only light armor flying units are the banshee, mutalisk, and phoenix.

Really unhappy about this Spine Crawler buff.

Observers aren't armored, right? A stationary observer can often get away (automatic fleeing) from a missile turret that's just been built (on the old 7+7). But if we're bumping it up to 12, Protoss players will have to manage their scouts a lot more than their typical "set it and forget it" routine.

I like the fact that you can see stealthed units and know what and where they are, though you can't attack them without revealing them.

Mudkips

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
For Terran would a good defense now be a ton of missle turrets with range buff vs Collosus?

Aren't Colossi armored?
It's a nerf to damage against Colossi then. (7+7 = 14, vs 12 now).
Missile turrets were always a good supplemental defense against Colossi.

Missile turrets were SHIT against Mutas.

What about the Interceptors (or whatever the things the Carrier launches are called)? Are they armored?

Procarbine said:
It could work, but why not use vikings?

Well have vikings but I've seen a lot of Zeal/Stalker heavy groups and the stalkers getting a buff last patch have made it hard for AA to get into Snipe lets say 5 or 6 collosus :(

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
REMEMBER - BRACKET IS UP!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391511

Zzoram said:
Can you explain the bracket? I'm a noob and don't understand it, and why some people start in round 2.

23 is an very weird number of players. In a perfect world, we would have had 16 or 32 players for a clean bracket, but that's not the case.

Suffice it to say, in order to accommodate everybody, some people are going to be left out of Round 1. This isn't such a big deal since it is double elmin, but it does create for a confusing bracket.

Double elimination can be pretty confusing by itself, but it's done so that one loss doesn't doom you for the whole tournament.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
ZealousD said:
23 is an very weird number of players. In a perfect world, we would have had 16 or 32 players for a clean bracket, but that's not the case.

Suffice it to say, in order to accommodate everybody, some people are going to be left out of Round 1. This isn't such a big deal since it is double elmin, but it does create for a confusing bracket.

Double elimination can be pretty confusing by itself, but it's done so that one loss doesn't doom you for the whole tournament.

First round bye, fuck yeah!

Trasher

ZealousD said:
REMEMBER - BRACKET IS UP!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391511

Once again, wasn't it 24 people? :lol

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Trasher said:
Once again, wasn't it 24 people? :lol

And I'm repeating my answer to you... again.

I accidentally skipped a number when I was numbering people before. It was only 23 all along. Nobody was dropped. I double checked.

If someone wants in.. they can snag my spot.. not sure how much time I'm going to have for this tourney thought'd we'd bang this stuff out quick lol. Not to mention it being Double Elim will just lengthen it would makes it harder on me

Trasher

ZealousD said:
And I'm repeating my answer to you... again.

I accidentally skipped a number when I was numbering people before. It was only 23 all along. Nobody was dropped. I double checked.
Oh shit, my bad. I didn't realize that meant you actually skipped a number in that first list you posted. I thought you made a mistake after that. My bad dude.

Top Bottom